Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I admit to laughing out loud this morning while Hoda & Jenna talked about the funny viral video of Jeff Bezos girlfriend giving the 'moony eyes" to Leo DiCaprio & then they did googly eyes to each other, and then when they were laughing at Hoda's inability to jump on a trampoline, Jenna likes to jump!  

• Love 2

Craig's wife is on today. She seems very sweet. I think that Craig can be very charming but I also think he might have a bit of a temper.

I'm glad they had the Marine band today for Veteran's Day. And Gary Sinese.

• Love 4

Is there some reason they have pushed Al to be so prominent in this show lately? Whenever I tune in it seems he is hamming it up.  It just seems strange.  

I see this show in a different light since I started watching the series The Morning Show, which depicts the downfall of a tv host who fits Matt Laurer perfectly.  The show is fictional, but seems to fit what really happened on The Today Show very closely.  I can’t see the Today Show in the same way now.  

• Useful 2

Savanah cut her hair and it looks great. She has very thin hair (like me) and it looks so much better a little shorter. 

On 11/12/2021 at 6:41 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I see this show in a different light since I started watching the series The Morning Show, which depicts the downfall of a tv host who fits Matt Laurer perfectly.  The show is fictional, but seems to fit what really happened on The Today Show very closely.  I can’t see the Today Show in the same way now.  

I know I think about that too, like how accurate it may be. They were talking about The Morning Show for some reason a few weeks ago, I can’t remember the context but it was extremely awkward. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Savanah cut her hair and it looks great. She has very thin hair (like me) and it looks so much better a little shorter. 

I know I think about that too, like how accurate it may be. They were talking about The Morning Show for some reason a few weeks ago, I can’t remember the context but it was extremely awkward. 

I bet.  The characters on The Morning Show are for most part despicable.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, seasons said:

This was very real. And a beautiful moment imo.

It's ok for journalists to be affected once in awhile. 

Yes, it’s nice to see their humanity when so much of what they report is negative. It has to affect them. In the beginning of the pandemic when Hoda was the only one coming into the studio with like one cameraman she had a moment where she had to compose herself, which was totally understandable. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1

So Jill Martin is re engaged to her former fiance.

Maybe this time she'll learn not to post about being best friends with his daughter (or whatever she posted along those lines). Gosh these people need to lay off every life detail on social media.

• Love 3

I was relieved to see Jenna alive and well this morning because the way they went on and on about her birthday this morning, I thought she had died.  Happy Birthday, Jenna!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Savannah did a very nice job at the Bob Dole services today. She was close with him and his wife. She and Tom Hanks are involved in some sort of veterans project. Good for her! I wonder if she has any political aspirations! 

• Love 2

Had to do a double take today with Hoda. She darkened her hair. Not sure how I'm liking it. But I know the highlights she had require A lot of salon maintenance and it seems she is trying to simplify her life after her week long retreat. Good for her.

Edit: turns out her hair had a reaction to a keratin treatment and turned bright orange! So someone fixed it before today's show. I have had hair emergencies before but that's a biggie!

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, seasons said:

Had to do a double take today with Hoda. She darkened her hair. Not sure how I'm liking it. But I know the highlights she had require A lot of salon maintenance and it seems she is trying to simplify her life after her week long retreat. Good for her.

Edit: turns out her hair had a reaction to a keratin treatment and turned bright orange! So someone fixed it before today's show. I have had hair emergencies before but that's a biggie!

It’s very dramatic looking. I’m curious to see how long it takes to change by itself or if she continues with it. I think her hair looks good when it’s lighter in the summer. So maybe the dark can be her winter look. 

• Love 2

Donna (production assistant or something) sat in for Jenna for a taped 4th hour with Hoda which was on today. Great opportunity, look what it did for Sara Haines. Anyway, she maybe has to adjust but she has said "yeah" or "yes" around a million times during the first segment while Hoda was talking. Urgh. She is a cutie though, I will say. She did do a good job.

Also, Hoda seemed a little bitchy today.

Nothing really against twenty somethings, but they don't seem to even get nervous or y nowadays. My nieces are that way. Nervous about a new job? Nah. Nervous about meeting new boyfriend's parents? Didn't even think about it. Before I stopped working, we'd have new staff that age come in and think they knew everything. Not even realizing you are at the bottom. You learn and earn your experience. Nothing against Donna, but I see it in her too. Almost overconfidence without the life experience to back it up.

Get off my lawn, lol! 

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was just reading Betty White's wiki page, and it mentioned how she was offered the job on the new Today show in 1952 or whenever, but she turned it down, not wanting to move to New York full time. Barbara Walters got the job. Interesting! 

• Useful 6

Craig's voice has always sounded raspy and screechy to me, which is why I don't watch him.  I remember when he was an anchor on the local NBC station in DC and I would change the channel whenever he came on. 

He seems like a nice guy but, frankly, I don't understand why he's gotten as far as he has with that voice.  I hope he does get it checked for polyps. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

If Bode Miller and his wife are through having children, who will fill Today’s apparent need for Duggars or Duggars Lite segments? What will they do for those pointless segments of pregnancy announcements, gender reveals, and meet the new babies that Today seems to misguidedly think we all LOVE?

• Love 8

I gave up on this show. (3rd hour) Every cooking segment is rushed. They talk over the guest shoving food in their mouths.  Dylan took the prize last month when she unzipped her nursing top and exposed her nursing bra. 

Don't even get me started on Hoda and Jenna.....

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Crankybroad said:

If Bode Miller and his wife are through having children, who will fill Today’s apparent need for Duggars or Duggars Lite segments? What will they do for those pointless segments of pregnancy announcements, gender reveals, and meet the new babies that Today seems to misguidedly think we all LOVE?

And they wanted the viewers to pick the baby's name!  The baby was about 6 weeks old & had no name yet, that seems strange & I would not want TV viewers naming my child!

• Love 1

I did have to laugh today (very, very rare) with the segment of Hoda and Jenna doing the polar plunge. Jenna did a full dive and Hoda did a head only into a wave and somehow still got all wet. The funniest part was that Jenna didn’t know  any of this until they aired the segment live. She had no clue that Hoda ditched her but at the time couldn’t figure out how Hoda got back to the towels so quickly. It really was hysterical because Hoda was doubled over in laughter and Jenna was in utter shock seeing it. Too funny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, susied2009 said:

I gave up on this show. (3rd hour) Every cooking segment is rushed. They talk over the guest shoving food in their mouths.  Dylan took the prize last month when she unzipped her nursing top and exposed her nursing bra. 

Don't even get me started on Hoda and Jenna.....

Dylan is on maternity leave, did she come back for the segment?  I also hate the way they rush the cooking segments and pretty much never finish and it’s because they ask the dumbest questions (I’m sorry, there are such things as dumb questions).  Like, just let the guests do their thing!  You would think after how many years of doing these things they would know how to manage the time.  I enjoy watching the cooking segments but even my three year old daughter knows we never get to see the entire thing, lol!

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, seasons said:

Nice 70th compilation today.

I noticed four or five Lauer appearances in the clips.

Interesting.

Yes, I, too, am enjoying seeing the clips of the early days of the show, and yes, I am shocked they included Matt Lauer in the clips.  Also, Ann Curry appeared in a couple of clips & they generally like to forget about her.  I am so old I remember seeing most of these hosts :)

• Love 1

Dylan had said the maternity policy is 16 weeks so I think that means a return in February.

I was also surprised with another Lauer reference by jenna . she said how Matt and (Al I think) had mentored her or helped her out when she was starting on the show.

This feels calculated to me. Maybe they are trying to desensitize the audience to him or Something. Just weird to me.

Edited by seasons
Edited to add Roker
  • Love 1

It would have been more glaring had they ignored that Matt Lauer was a huge part of the show for many years.  A couple of random clips of him is ok.  Acknowledge he was there without romanticizing his presence.

I think Dylan said she'd be back the end of this month.

• Love 2

The segment I truly hate is when Jenna and Hoda come out in robes because someone else (the viewers?) decided what they are going to wear. And, it’s a big surprise!   WT???  Who cares what they wear and who has that kind of time?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Shit! They show a bunch of people struggling to move a manatee released back to the water and just as they finally get to the waterline, stupid reporter Kerry sander or whatever his name is starts blabbing to the marine guy about their food source, totally pissing away the moment the animal is released. Maybe some dumb producer told him to, but damn that totally ruined the moment. 

Sorry, I'm super crabby 🦀

• Love 1
On 1/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, Haleth said:

Dear Justin Silvester, it’s BYE-oh-pic, not bi-AH-pic.  Pet peeve. 

Not gonna lie I thought it was a deliberate reference to Jenna not being able to say the word, but in a cutesy cringe "inside joke" kind of way. 

• LOL 1