Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Re: Thanksgiving Parade, I see Marlo Thomas has refreshed her face AGAIN! She really needs to stop. Also, Paula Abdul has a new face.

I didn’t really notice anything different about Paula and I have to give her credit for still busting out the dance moves.  I thought she was just gonna ride along.  Marlo on the other hand, wowzers.  How can she even breathe with that non-nose?  She was so pretty.  Why do women do this to themselves?  I can see if you want a little nip and tuck here and there, especially in the entertainment industry, but some just go extreme.

I did miss Al though.  He gets on my nerves sometimes but I’ll still be sad when he retires.  Dylan is his heir apparent and I love her, she will be great.  It’s just that it’ll be the end of an era.

• Love 4

I don't watch much of this show anymore, but I tuned in today just as Alicia Keys was "singing."  I never thought she was a good singer, and she always has that "Look at me!  I can sing and play the piano at the same time!" vibe about her.   Anyway, she mangled Ave Maria.  It was pitiful.   I suspect that Christmas album of hers is just as bad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Why is Al having so many blood clots?  This is scary.  I saw that he came home from the hospital, but had to quickly return due to blood clots.  Then, they showed a photo of him this morning and he must have lost a ton more weight. They said he’s back home from the  hospital again, which I guess is good news.   I wonder if he’ll return to work.  

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why is Al having so many blood clots?  This is scary.  I saw that he came home from the hospital, but had to quickly return due to blood clots.  Then, they showed a photo of him this morning and he must have lost a ton more weight. They said he’s back home from the  hospital again, which I guess is good news.   I wonder if he’ll return to work.  

No idea, but I had read that having covid increases the risk of blood clots in some people. Al had covid in early October, maybe this was a side effect?

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, Rickster said:

No idea, but I had read that having covid increases the risk of blood clots in some people. Al had covid in early October, maybe this was a side effect?

Al has a real run of it. The gastric surgery, then prostrate surgery…..then covid….man. Ni also read that he went on keto diet in 2020.  I’ve read some concerning things about that too.  I hope he can regain his health.  

• Love 1

Everyone went to Al’s townhouse and sang Christmas carols for him.  Cheesy, but it was really sweet and you could tell he was genuinely touched.  Two things stuck out for me…firstly his home is to die and secondly Al has lost a significant amount of weight and looked so frail and small.  It didn’t help that he was a few steps below everyone but still.  I hope he will be ok.

Now onto the snarky…..what the ever living HELL was Savannah wearing yesterday??  Puffy hot pink skirt (looked like tulle?) and a leather jacket.  It would have actually been a cute outfit for a holiday party or a costume, very retro.  But for anchoring 7am news program??  Nope.  She looked ridiculous. God knows what she had on her feet.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Oh, another thing I noticed this week….the lighting when they do the celebrity interviews is very bad.  I think I could see every pore on Kate Hudson’s perfect face (even though she’s overdone her lips). I’ve noticed other celebrities have looked extremely shiny and strange as well.

• Like 2

The gift wrapping segment was so frustrating for no reason because you could tell Hoda had zero interest in it and wasn't even hiding how rude she was being to the woman showing them wrapping techniques. Is it dumb filler for the holidays? Absolutely, but Hoda you can at least try once and awhile. The only time she seems actively engaged and wants to be there is when she has Jenna praising her for 15 minutes straight at the start of the 4th hour, or when she's doing one of her pseudo sentimental fluff pieces. Having her in the 3rd hour the other day when they presented Al's surprise felt strange like the 3rd hour has its own vibe and chemistry and it felt very much like, "she doesn't even go here!" to me. 

Not to mention Savannah tries way too hard to be ditzy on camera. Whether it be the cooking segments where she has to remind everyone for the umpteenth time she doesn't know how to cook, or doing tasks like gift wrapping today. Its not funny, its not cute.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Indigo Luna said:

The only time she seems actively engaged and wants to be there is when she has Jenna praising her for 15 minutes straight at the start of the 4th hour, or when she's doing one of her pseudo sentimental fluff pieces.

She is also over the top during cooking segments, when she tries a dish and gets all wide eyed and says "Oh, my GOD!"  I've tried several and they were nothing to praise God over.

• Like 2
On 12/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, mostlylurking said:

Everyone went to Al’s townhouse and sang Christmas carols for him.  Cheesy, but it was really sweet and you could tell he was genuinely touched.  Two things stuck out for me…firstly his home is to die and secondly Al has lost a significant amount of weight and looked so frail and small.  It didn’t help that he was a few steps below everyone but still.  I hope he will be ok.

Now onto the snarky…..what the ever living HELL was Savannah wearing yesterday??  Puffy hot pink skirt (looked like tulle?) and a leather jacket.  It would have actually been a cute outfit for a holiday party or a costume, very retro.  But for anchoring 7am news program??  Nope.  She looked ridiculous. God knows what she had on her feet.

Al looked very frail and I’m officially concerned.  All the pieces I see say he has continuing health concerns…..nothing specific.  What’s going on?  I fear it’s bad.  

Jenna had on a short sleeve, pastel, floral dress the other day!  Why?  It’s Christmas. She didn’t have a red, green or winter white sweater?  Lol  One of my pet peeves….people who wear summer clothes in the winter (especially at Christmas) , and they aren’t in a tropical climate.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Camille Vasquez as the new legal analyst for NBC. She is a good choice. 

Savannah started at NBC as a legal analyst before moving into her anchor role. I like Savannah but the cast needs a shakeup. It would be interesting if Camille made her way up to a daily on air personality.

10 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

Camille Vasquez as the new legal analyst for NBC. She is a good choice. 

Savannah started at NBC as a legal analyst before moving into her anchor role. I like Savannah but the cast needs a shakeup. It would be interesting if Camille made her way up to a daily on air personality.

Savannah spent a couple of years in between in Washington as the White House correspondent before moving to Today.

A bit weirdly, Valerie Jarrett’s daughter was introduced on the show last week as the new “senior” legal analyst/correspondent for NBC.

16 hours ago, Rickster said:

Savannah spent a couple of years in between in Washington as the White House correspondent before moving to Today.

A bit weirdly, Valerie Jarrett’s daughter was introduced on the show last week as the new “senior” legal analyst/correspondent for NBC.

Clearly Savannah has more experience but Camille is very likable and adds something new to the show. I prefer Savannah over Hoda and haven’t watched the Today show regularly since Matt Lauer left. 

• Like 1

Top Pet Peeves:

1)Jenna is a TERRIBLE singer, and yet she thinks she's good. Someone really needs to tell her. Today she sang a line from an Adele song and said to Hoda, "Does that sound good?" Hoda just smiled, but didn't answer. Hoda, just tell her the truth!

2)Most of the Today Show people are absolute PIGS when doing the cooking segments. It's like they've haven't eaten in days. They are all bad, but Hoda is the worst! Then she cleans her teeth with her tongue (through a closed mouth). I absolutely can't stand it. Jenna pretends to be participating in the segment, but if you watch her eyes, all she does is keep staring at the food that she's already sampled. And then she takes another bite. Hoda and Jenna with popcorn? They just shovel it into their mouths, barely coming up for air. 

Probably the ONLY thing I was grateful for during the worst of Covid, was that they stopped with all the in-studio cooking segments, and I didn't have to see them eat. 

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Does anyone else think it’s inappropriate for Today to give Savannah so much time to hawk her new children’s show?  

Yes, but then I think it’s wrong to promote everyone’s outside projects. Hasn’t just about everyone on the show written a kid’s book? None of them would have seen print without the show’s platform.

• Like 8

I checked this show out again today.  Just curious about how this show is doing.  I switched over to ABC and CBS for comparison.  The biggest problem is constant commercial interruption.  Ugh….ridiculous.  

I think Hoda has enough originality to set her apart, but I just don’t see that with Savannah.  I’ve never understood her appeal and why she’s in that position.  There are at least 5-6 female, local news anchors in my area who are actually better than her, imo.  (I realize she’s also an attorney.) I get why Gayle King has her position, but Savannah?  Maybe, I’m missing something.  

I felt the same way about Jenna.  At least she’s involved in  non news. 

It’s good Al is better. I hope he’s regaining his stamina. He still seems frail, though his spirits are good.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

I don't watch much of this show anymore, but I tuned in today just as Savannah was interviewing Harrison Ford.   Man, she was annoying with her gushing and fangirling over him and acting like a lovesick middle schooler.  He actually looked kind of embarrassed for her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I’m reading a lot of stuff that Hoda, Jenna and Savannah are feuding.  I think it’s against Hoda.  I can’t figure it out. I wonder if it’s true.  Jenna and Savannah are lucky to be in their jobs.  They shouldn’t have the clout to mess with Hoda. 

• Like 1
On 11/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, Rickster said:

I wonder what is up with Al Roker? Out last week, out today, with a comment from Hoda that he was “under the weather”. 

Now it’s time to move on to “Where’s Hoda?”

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Anyone notice the physical distance between the hosts this morning?  I’m wondering if Hoda has Covid, and they’re all limiting contact with each other.

Savannah tested positive for Covid during the first hour and left. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 2/27/2023 at 11:20 AM, mostlylurking said:

Supposedly she’s been posting some cryptic things on social media lately.  I hope she’s ok.

The fact there's been no "sources" running to the tabloids to talk about Hoda's absence makes me wonder if it is something serious.  I hope everything's fine and she's just cashing in some sick/vacation days to spend time with her girls.

eta:  Hoda's been out due to a "family health matter".

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m hoping her cancer hasn’t come back.  Hopefully all will be well.  

I saw somewhere that in the third hour, Jenna said Hoda was fine and dealing with a family medical issue, so it doesn’t sound like Hoda’s health. Probably mom, maybe a kid.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 3/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, Rickster said:

I saw somewhere that in the third hour, Jenna said Hoda was fine and dealing with a family medical issue, so it doesn’t sound like Hoda’s health. Probably mom, maybe a kid.

Yes, I am thinking something happened to her Mom or one of the kids ended up really sick

• Sad 1

Sure, it's none of anyone's business, but this secrecy is causing more alarm than if they'd just come out and say that her mom is ill or one of the girls has an issue.  We don't need details, just a simple explanation.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Looks like Savannah had to cut her vacation short due to the important story.  

Hoda lacks the gravitas to do serious news. For her life is one big open mouthed selfie to upload to her Insta.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Weird Friday today promoting the Mario game movie. I didn’t even follow the game back in the 80s but I know it was a thing so I get that. And I see that Chris Pratt who is in the movie was on today so I get the connection. The show is so enamored with Maria Shriver and her daughter Kathryn is married to Chris Pratt so there you go. But it just felt very corporate sponsored and weird today to have so much hype out on the plaza for this movie. Like what’s the next movie or whatever that can be up for sale on the show? That’s what it felt like to me. Hope it makes sense.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 2

Did you see Brooke Shields as a guest with Hoda and Jenna?  Idk….I appreciate her desire to tell her story.  She suffered a lot as a child, according to what she describes.  It seems every day there are more stories about other things though..,,,John, Jr., Dean Cain, Liam Neeson, etc.  I thought she was more private….I don’t get it.  

• Like 2

While I appreciate the singer/choir flash mob this morning with Hoda, it was all kinds of awkward. Anyone else think the entire time it was a surprise for Hoda that was going to have some kind of personal meaning? Then to find out it was just to promote the singer was kind of a buzzkill at the end.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

While I appreciate the singer/choir flash mob this morning with Hoda, it was all kinds of awkward. Anyone else think the entire time it was a surprise for Hoda that was going to have some kind of personal meaning? Then to find out it was just to promote the singer was kind of a buzzkill at the end.

I think Hoda also believed it was a surprise for her. Soooo awkward.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Anyone else think the entire time it was a surprise for Hoda that was going to have some kind of personal meaning?

I thought it was just some random guy trying to promote himself by grabbing airtime. 

• Like 3

BY THE WAY, Hoda has said "By the way" 5 times in the first 17 minutes of the Hoda and Jenna show. She says it over and over and over again. It's not necessarily a bad expression, but her overuse of the expression drives me insane.  She does this every.single.day on both the 7-9 hour, and the Hoda and Jenna show.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

The show kicked off the summer concert series today with Jonas brothers. I don’t like the way they move the stage to the other side of the plaza. I know they said it’s better logistically and they can have more people in there now, but I liked the stage where it was originally. Before they had the fountains behind the stage and a better lively shot of just the city itself. Now it’s just a boring big office building behind them.

Ref, the “the” issue and Jonas Brothers….I heard about a similar issue with the band Eagles.  I grew up thinking it was The Eagles.  Turns out it’s just Eagles.  Lol Odd.

I have no idea why Hoda and Jena interviewed the girl from Vanderpump Rules about getting cheated on.  That whole story is so overdone. Omg, just so desperate for a story.  This couple wasn’t even married. Sad, but not the event of the year.  Everyday, it’s blown up on the internet.  Why?  What a nothing burger.  Ugh…

• Like 4