Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref, the “the” issue and Jonas Brothers….I heard about a similar issue with the band Eagles.  I grew up thinking it was The Eagles.  Turns out it’s just Eagles.  Lol Odd.

That's interesting to know, because I had never heard of them as Eagles.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

That's interesting to know, because I had never heard of them as Eagles.

I saw it in a documentary and it’s on a couple of places online. Plus, their albums. Supposedly, Steve Martin suggested The Eagles and Glen Frey insisted on Eagles.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m going to ask here since the Koda forum is not active. I’m not regular watcher so was curious does she ever mention if Joel ever see or spend time with kids? 

I watch their segment sporadically and I haven’t heard one word about Joel or him seeing the kids since the split.  I haven’t seen any photos of him nor did I hear him mentioned when the youngest was in the hospital.  Did both parents stay with her or did Joel care for the older child, while Hoda stayed at the hospital with the younger one?  I do recall Hoda saying that she was dating again about a month ago.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I watch their segment sporadically and I haven’t heard one word about Joel or him seeing the kids since the split.  I haven’t seen any photos of him nor did I hear him mentioned when the youngest was in the hospital.  Did both parents stay with her or did Joel care for the older child, while Hoda stayed at the hospital with the younger one?  I do recall Hoda saying that she was dating again about a month ago.  

I agree with what you've said...its very odd no mention of Joel what so ever, and the children have his last name.  Hoda was out with her friends going to the Taylor Swift concert, I guess a Nanny was watching the girls that night?  And Jenna is always talking about setting Hoda up on a Blind Date.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I agree with what you've said...its very odd no mention of Joel what so ever, and the children have his last name.  Hoda was out with her friends going to the Taylor Swift concert, I guess a Nanny was watching the girls that night?  And Jenna is always talking about setting Hoda up on a Blind Date.

It makes me wonder if he’s completely out of the picture or he does not want to be mentioned on air.  

• Like 3
On 6/7/2023 at 8:01 AM, Haleth said:

Only Martha Stewart would promote an alert bracelet for if you fall off your horse.

I hate when I fall off my horse. 

The only horse most celebrities get on anymore is their high horse

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
On 6/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, Haleth said:

Only Martha Stewart would promote an alert bracelet for if you fall off your horse.

I hate when I fall off my horse. 

I have fallen off my horse, it was a mutual falling off, he was being attacked by ground bees and was bucking and kicking, I dismounted in the most unsafe way, stuck my arm out to break my fall, landed squarely on my hip bone...nothing broken but shaken up and was able to get back to the barn.  It sounds like a crazy, who would need it sort of thing but in reality there are fools that ride trails alone, anything can happen so she may have a money maker there. 

That said she should sell that bracelet along with one that sends a beacon when your champagne glass is empty.

Riding a horse, it is not if you fall but when you fall.

• Hugs 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That said she should sell that bracelet along with one that sends a beacon when your champagne glass is empty.

I could definitely go for that.  And not break any bones doing it. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1

Just turned in today after not watching for a few weeks.
Dylan looks different to me – her eyes especially look different.

I know she was off for a week or two and she had said she was traveling with her family a lot but maybe she got a little bit of a facial refresher

Not throwing shade or anything. I wish I could do that! She looks fantastic as always, but I think I did notice a bit of a difference today. 

I thought Jill Martin was very brave coming on to talk about her Breast Cancer surgery & recovery, but why is she coming back right away to do her "Steals & Deals"?!   Looks like she could take time to recover & I am sure someone else could do the selling of her "Stuff"!

• Like 1

I just heard Kristen Welker will be leaving the Saturday show and Laura Jarrett will be taking her place.  I like Laura but will miss Kristen, she’s such a pro and has a great chemistry with Peter.  I hope it was a mutual decision because she was doing a great job.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I just heard Kristen Welker will be leaving the Saturday show and Laura Jarrett will be taking her place.  I like Laura but will miss Kristen, she’s such a pro and has a great chemistry with Peter.  I hope it was a mutual decision because she was doing a great job.

FYI: Kristen Welker has been promoted to Anchor of "Meet the Press"

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Not that I'm stalking the show or anything, but as a regular viewer, I've noticed that Savannah has been off for one mid-week day, seems like every week this summer. This morning is an example. Strikes me as odd, since it's not like having a long weekend.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2023 at 6:42 AM, Rickster said:

Not that I'm stalking the show or anything, but as a regular viewer, I've noticed that Savannah has been off for one mid-week day, seems like every week this summer. This morning is an example. Strikes me as odd, since it's not like having a long weekend.

I've noticed it too.  She's been off this week too.  First Hoda said she was "enjoying a day off" and then said "she is on vacation." It does seem odd that she has a LOT of time off.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I've noticed it too.  She's been off this week too.  First Hoda said she was "enjoying a day off" and then said "she is on vacation." It does seem odd that she has a LOT of time off.

Right. Another day she was "under the weather". A week long vacation at the time of year is not unusual though.

• Like 1

I don't know about Savannah but Hota and Jenna had been running clip shows all week so apparently they were off too.  I'm guessing a week off to get the kiddos ready for school?  Must be nice to be a celeb.

• Like 1

Savannah’s sparkly green skirt and light blue blouse have made another appearance. The first time she wore it, I thought “oh, someone will tell her to never wear that again.” But now it’s been multiple times, so clearly she loves it. 

• LOL 4

I thought Savannah did a (surprisingly) good job as Taylor Swift.  I also liked Craig as MC Hammer, Willie as Harry Styles, and Dylan as Pink. 

The others were just meh, and I thought Sheinelle was too over the top as Diana Ross.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

To me, the Halloween costumes fell flat.

I agree, usually they have a current event or theme, this just seemed to be a big Commercial for Kelly Clarkson's talk show moving to NYC.  I thought for sure they would have a Taylor/Travis couple, or Barbie&Ken.  The best Taylor Swift I saw was Sam Sachear on "DBL"  & Jeff Schroeder doing George Santos..he was a Hoot. 

• Like 2

OMG, Marlo Thomas.  She has done so much good for St. Jude's Hospital - but what has she done to her face?  I saw her this morning on Today and she looks horrible.  She has had so much facial surgery that she is unrecognizable. Her nose - is has a Michael Jackson look about it. Why cannot people just accept aging gracefully, why do they want to ruin their appearance?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

OMG, Marlo Thomas.  She has done so much good for St. Jude's Hospital - but what has she done to her face?  I saw her this morning on Today and she looks horrible.  She has had so much facial surgery that she is unrecognizable. Her nose - is has a Michael Jackson look about it. Why cannot people just accept aging gracefully, why do they want to ruin their appearance?

Just watched on youtube. She looks terrible. Can barely talk. Face so stiff.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I agree 100% about Marlo Thomas. What’s also weird to me is that she seems to have tried to cancel out her eyebrows. There’s something going on there that just adds to the whole distortion of her face. Good grief Alexa just said she is 86 years old.

Regarding Savannah and her horrible fashion choices, I also agree 100%. I am all for mixing it up a little bit, but a little goes a long way. Like someone said earlier, regarding the revealing Halloween costumes for Dylan and Savannah, which I also agree, often Savannah just puts together these awful Outfits that are a mix of Little House on the Prairie and grunge, just as an example. And sometimes it just seems weird and unprofessional when she’s wearing some weird choices and interviewing someone or reporting on a serious topic.
And now Savannah has written a book about God. Interesting but I’m not sure what to say about that. I’ll have to take a look at it online. 

Finally, did anyone catch the gang hosting the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting last night?  I know that Kelly Clarkson is now the darling of NBC, and it was advertised that she was sort of hosting it, but that’s what Savannah, Hoda, Al and Craig used to do. This year Kelly did a very good job of hosting it, but it was just weird and awkward to me how they would cut back to the four who did their best, but really had nothing to contribute. I guess maybe this year of transition had some growing pains, or whatever, but it just seemed so awkward and useless to keep coming back to them when Kelly seemed to have things under control.

• Like 4

Today Show:  Are you purposely trying to get me to stop watching you?  The two-year old screaming "Sunday! Sunday!" over. and. over. And then Al Roker having him come back and do it AGAIN during the weather report.  Sorry, it's too early in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee to get me through that.  

Mind you, I like kids.  But this show is becoming increasingly ridiculous and seems to be a vehicle to push their latest song, books, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, debbie311 said:

The two-year old screaming "Sunday! Sunday!" over. and. over. And then Al Roker having him come back and do it AGAIN during the weather report.

Holy crap was that awkward. That child was bored to death (and bewildered as to where he was and why). I loved it when he didn't react the way they all thought he would. Like he should be ecstatic and this is the highlight of his little 2 year old life. They were scrambling to figure out how to handle it.

And now let's beat it to death some more by holding him in front of the weather screen where Al, again, has to pull it out of him. 

(edited)

It's 30 degrees in NYC and Today thought it was a good idea to have two Olympic figure skaters perform a routine at Rockefeller Center this morning?  Hoda was bundled up and enthusiastically said, "take off your warm ups" while one of the young women was obviously already cold.  After their very short performances, Today made both stand in a long pose for the cameras.  

Here's an idea:  talk with them inside the studio and ask them back another day when it's not so frigid.

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Like 2

Today’s discussion on The Today Show about making the day after the Super Bowl a national holiday is ridiculous. Why can the NFL game not be played earlier in the day so that adult workers who labor in the morning can be responsible enough to get a good night’s rest?

Also: it is time to rename this forum. When you cannot find comments for The Today Show by searching Primetimer with “The Today Show” there is something wrong.

• Like 4

Wonder if we will ever hear what Really happened behind the scenes with the Kelly Rowland kerfuffel...JLO was there that day also, so I guess it was 'dueling Divas"!  Hoda tried to be all cheerful this morning saying she loved Kelly, yada yada(Hoda seems to love everyone) and they want Kelly to come back.  Meanwhile, I was impressed with Rita Ora who filled in to Co-Host, she was charming & delightful.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Wonder if we will ever hear what Really happened behind the scenes with the Kelly Rowland kerfuffel...JLO was there that day also, so I guess it was 'dueling Divas"!  Hoda tried to be all cheerful this morning saying she loved Kelly, yada yada(Hoda seems to love everyone) and they want Kelly to come back.  Meanwhile, I was impressed with Rita Ora who filled in to Co-Host, she was charming & delightful.

Ooh what happened??