Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Hmm, seems kind of flimsy.  I will say I HATE what Savannah is wearing in that shot.  Frilly shirt and jean skirt girl this isn’t E News!  She was also wearing some weird tan jumpsuit with a white drawstring waist last week.  For someone who supposedly sees herself as the “serious” one she certainly doesn’t dress like it.  Hoda at least looks put together and professional.

• Like 5

Sorry to follow my last comment with another post. 

I wish Al and Dylan would stop making fun of Craig for playing the violin and going through a somewhat awkward adolescence.  Their sympathy to bullied kids is a bit hypocritical when they can’t stop mocking their co-worker.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I got my copy of PEOPLE magazine with Hoda & her girls on the cover.  Its a nice article with cute photos, but I wonder if her fellow anchors are jealous of all the attention Hoda is getting?  

I think the others get plenty of attention for their kids! Every Monday we have to get a status report on their weekends with their kids. Often with pics. I won’t even post pics of my kids in fb much less on national tv every week. 

I felt bad for the lady with the sign talking about how much she loves Al, waiting years come to NYC to see Al, it’s her 65th birthday and all she wants is to see Al, she traveled numerous states to see Al and …. Al had the day off. The other hosts tried to help her out by getting Al on the line and we saw him walking through a leafy area, talking about how he was helping his kid pack for college. I was hoping he’d pop up behind the lady at some point “surprise! I’m here!” She seemed really excited to be there, regardless of Al’s absence, so that was nice. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

LMAO so yesterday on Hoda and Jenna they were talking about their favorite spots in their homes and Hoda said for her it’s her bedroom where she has a chair she likes to sit in and read and drink tea.  Jenna was like “wow!” as if this was such a profound thing.  A chair in her bedroom. What a revelation!

Also they showed a picture of said chair and behind it was the world’s smallest most narrow door I’ve ever seen, I guess leading to the world’s smallest balcony made for one. I know NYC real estate is tiny but that coupled with the chair awe just made me laugh. (Hmm, maybe the two are related….maybe Jenna’s NYC place is too small to put in a chair so that’s why she was so awestruck!)

• LOL 1
On 8/18/2022 at 12:25 PM, Phebemarie said:

Sorry to follow my last comment with another post. 

I wish Al and Dylan would stop making fun of Craig for playing the violin and going through a somewhat awkward adolescence.  Their sympathy to bullied kids is a bit hypocritical when they can’t stop mocking their co-worker.  

Yeah its gotten old to me. It was fine the first few times but its been years and they still default to the same old 'lol craig was a nerd' punchline like we get it. He had an awkward phase. So did y'all! 

• Like 2

More rumblings about trouble at Today, speculation that Savannah will be forced out and moved to Meet the Press.

That's sounds great to me.  Chuck Todd and his pathetic comb over has needed to go for years.  I think Savannah is okay with the political stuff, she'll be okay, or at least better than Chuck Todd.

As for Today, they probably need a major overhaul.  It's obvious they're missing something if they're bleeding viewers the way they are.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

As for Today, they probably need a major overhaul.  It's obvious they're missing something if they're bleeding viewers the way they are.

There was a time when The Today Show really had it. They figured out a formula for success. They turned their on air talent into celebrities and the public loved it. Katie and Matt! They weren't just hosts of The Today Show they were celebrities. This formula was a success, but 30 years later they are still trying to force the on air talent down the viewers throats regardless if it works or not.

The other morning shows figured it out much faster after intitially going with the NBC formula. They went to a hybrid that became successful, keep the news first and put in a bit of the celebrity hosts. Problem is NBC still hasn't figured it out yet and until they do they will try to find the Matt - Katie success and keep the revolving door going.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

More rumblings about trouble at Today, speculation that Savannah will be forced out and moved to Meet the Press.

That's sounds great to me.  Chuck Todd and his pathetic comb over has needed to go for years.  I think Savannah is okay with the political stuff, she'll be okay, or at least better than Chuck Todd.

I feel like that would be a major step down for her, but it would give her more time with her family and she might want that as her kids get older.  I think she’s pretty good with the political stuff, plus she’s pretty good at interviewing and trying to keep people on topic.

The show itself is ok.  I’ve been watching it forever out of habit I will continue to watch.  I feel like they need clearer boundaries though.  First hour should just be hard news, second hour promos/interviews, third hour all the cooking/human interest stuff, the Hoda and Jenna just for fun.  Right now it’s all mashed together and it feels super long and boring because there is no delineation.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

Maybe I’m just a bitter jealous crone, but I’m tired of having their fabulous lives and opulent homes and trips shoved down my throat. I really don’t care about their kids, cute though they are. It makes me feel like they are too disconnected from my life for me to believe their false attempts at relating. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Crankybroad said:

Maybe I’m just a bitter jealous crone, but I’m tired of having their fabulous lives and opulent homes and trips shoved down my throat. I really don’t care about their kids, cute though they are. It makes me feel like they are too disconnected from my life for me to believe their false attempts at relating. 

Yep. I don’t know how they don’t feel entitled and awkward broadcasting all the perks their kids get all the time whether it be backstage meet and greets for broadway shows or sports or their own little today show segments. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Morgan Radford will be hosting a news show with Vicky Nguyen starting September 12 after Hoda and Jenna.  I would probably watch that.  

They currently have a show on NBC NewsNow.  Very good.  Also the morning show they have on there is good, with Joe Fryer and Savanah Sellers.

• Love 1

Today show coming in dead last vs CBS and ABC with breaking news on Queen Elizabeth's "concern for her health". Too busy with endless commercials and showing hyper crowd on plaza with their excited screams and signs. Ugh. It is what it is. 

Fortunately Jenna just happens to be in Scotland , supposed to interview Camilla but that's not happening as family rushes to be with Queen. Must be very " impordant".

Watching her cover this breaking news is kind of like an SNL skit. 

Edited by seasons
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, seasons said:

Fortunately Jenna just happens to be in Scotland , supposed to interview Camilla but that's not happening as family rushes to be with Queen. Must be very " impordant".

Watching her cover this breaking news is kind of like an SNL skit. 

I actually thought she did ok, it’s not what she was there for but she held back her manic-ness and her resting cry face was at a minimum. I thought she looked really pretty as well. 

• Love 2

I wasn’t aware Today was down in ratings until reading it here.  It’s as good as the other 2, imo.  I can’t tolerate CBS. Gayle….omg.  She’s not as good as most of our local newscasters.  So unfair.  I guess GMA is ok.  So, what will Today do about this?

I am not a Guthrie fan.  I don’t get it.  I like Hoda.  It shouldn’t be that difficult to find the right mix.  

I was thrilled to see Little Big Town on The Plaza, but that first song was not good.  Sound was off.  Then a slow song….What’s with that?  The point of the Plaza concert is to get people happy and dancing…..they should know that.  Hope it gets better.  They are one of my favorites.  They know how to bring it,  They are very friendly with their fans, though.  It still makes me nervous to see them so physical with fans.  Covid is still a risk.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Did Al or Dylan say anything about the massive storm that's going to hit Alaska this weekend?  It's supposed to be the worst storm in at least 10 years with a scary storm surge and 75-95mph wind gusts.  My friend lives in a tiny village that is already dealing with eroding river banks.  Their only means of transportation is by air or water.  There are no roads.  If the flooding is as bad as predicted, the runways for small planes will be inundated making supply drops nearly impossible.  

It's a big deal; it would be nice to hear Al spend a few seconds on it.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4

Apparently Jenna was on Jimmy Fallon yesterday (why?) and they showed the most hilarious picture of Jenna, her mom, and her girls at the White House.  I guess they wanted to take a picture with her mom’s portrait and the final product all four of them looked insane and the portrait WASN’T EVEN IN THE PICTURE. Heh.   Very relatable.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Apparently Jenna was on Jimmy Fallon yesterday (why?) and they showed the most hilarious picture of Jenna, her mom, and her girls at the White House.  I guess they wanted to take a picture with her mom’s portrait and the final product all four of them looked insane and the portrait WASN’T EVEN IN THE PICTURE. Heh.   Very relatable.  

She was on The Tonight Show to promote her Book Club & her new production company that will be making movies out of the books.  And that picture was so funny, President Biden took it..a typical "Grandpa" trying to take a pic(I do that all the time :)

• LOL 1

I enjoyed the performance by Linedy Genao from Bad Cinderella with Andrew Lloyd Webber for his new Broadway show. Linedy Genao sounds lovely in the role though her lip syncing needs improvement.  We did not need to ask if it was live or Memorex.

• Love 1

This year's Halloween theme is Las Vegas.  Here are the costumes:

Sheinelle:  A showgirl

Willie:  Elvis

Craig:  Muhammad Ali

Al:  Sammy Davis, Jr.

Kristin Welker and Peter Alexander:  JLo and Ben Affleck

Jenna:  Celine Dion

Carson and Dylan:  David Copperfield and assistant

Hoda and Savannah:  Cirque du Soleil performers

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sheinelle killed it per usual.  I laughed and laughed at Jenna, she really went all in singing her little heart out.  She is such a good sport.  Hoda looked terrified on the birdcage thing and her mic was picking up all her little scared noises.  I’m pretty easily amused, but I liked it.  Not the best ever but still fun and a cute break.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Wow, they really went over the top with the Vegas schtick.  It was just ok.

Sheinelle was great.  I also liked Willie and Jenna.

I thought Hoda was gonna fall off that swing.  She really did not look comfortable and should have switched with Dylan.

Craig looked awful with that fake Muhammad Ali chest.

My favorite Halloween costumes were Matt and Al dressed as J-Lo and P Diddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I agree with you guys that the Halloween thing this year didn't seem as well thought out As other years or even as hyped up. You really hardly ever heard anything about it Before Halloween not like other years. Also I noticed that There didn't seem to be  a big hype for The beginning of October for breast cancer awareness month. I think it was even last year they had a big kickoff that was hyped a lot before hand. They had either Al or some other host somewhere with breast cancer survivors kicking off something with pink balloons and decorations. This year it was just Savannah and hoda wearing pink and a couple of segments on survivors.... Interesting. Will be  interested in how things seem to be to scaled down lately. I wonder what is going on, maybe budget cuts or something?

9 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Anyone else notice there is a definite emphasis on the NFL almost every day?  

Well, Sunday Night Football is a ratings leader(always near the top in weekly ratings), so NBC likes to emphasize a winning program for them

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Today was Nostalgia for Haleth Day on Today. First, Vicky Nguyen’s story on shopping for Thanksgiving was at Stew Leonard’s in CT. I used to live a couple blocks from there and shopped there all the time. Then Shenielle’s story about Bigelow tea. When I lived in CT I was a banker who had business with them. I knew that Dave and Eunice were the only ones who knew the recipe for Constant Comment. Ah, the good ol’ days!

• Love 2

I noticed they have Dylan doing the running around the plaza (like Al does) to cover the crowd at the 8:30 segment. Maybe they are trying to have her fill his shoes in that way too. But he is a tough act to follow, and I think those zany antics are part of his personality and not necessarily Dylan's. She does a great job and has such A great personality of her own, and she seems super smart! And she is an actual meteorologist (not sure if Al is?)

Wonder if Anyone will fill in for Al during the parade? Hope he gets some rest and healing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2