Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I’m surprised Jenna can still breathe with her head so far up Hoda’s ass.  Is it super important to try not to get the corona virus, Jenna?  Really?  I’m glad I tuned in this morning because I didn’t know that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Hoda....please, I implore you, stop trying to be young and hip. I simply can’t take the second hand embarrassment of watching you dance (and sing).

Uhh, what about Jenna and Dr Oz?  

holy cow. Joan Lunden on today peddling her new book about aging. Her face looks to me like it couldn't be stretched or filled any further. she is 69 years old. What a shame.

just noticed that craig has a daily one hour show on msnbc. Good for him. So far he is not incredibly annoying.

Edited by seasons
9 minutes ago, seasons said:

holy cow. Joan Lunden on today peddling her new book about aging. Her face looks to me like it couldn't be stretched or filled any further. she is 69 years old. What a shame.

just noticed that craig has a daily one hour show on msnbc. Good for him. So far he is not incredibly annoying.

Wow I thought she was older than that. I just remember thinking she was nuts for having another set of kids in her 50s, but on this show 55 is the new 25.

20 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

It seemed silly to have Hoda & Jenna in their new studio with no audience(except some backstage employees)...why didn't they do the show from the regular studio?

I guess it's a schedule thing with the studio or something. It is odd to use such a big space when they know they don't need it. Maybe, next week they'll figure it out.

39 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess it's a schedule thing with the studio or something. It is odd to use such a big space when they know they don't need it. Maybe, next week they'll figure it out.

When you say “they’ll”, you aren’t referring to Hoda and Jenna, are you?

I know we're supposed to be doing social distancing and all that good stuff, and fully support, but for some reason this particular picture just made me laugh. I almost think they would just be better off having one anchor alone than the two of them sitting like that looking petrified. (Not making light of anything at all, these are scary times in a high-risk area, including a colleague at the studio -- just the looks on their faces and the way they are leaning back away from each other, they might as well telecast alone or remotely...)

31620-today-show-main.jpg

Al Roker, Craig Melvin off ‘Today’ after staffer diagnosed with coronavirus

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/16/al-roker-craig-melvin-off-today-after-staffer-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/?_ga=2.40262434.1096559485.1583547741-1215593467.1577238008

Edited by divsc
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I think it's interesting that when Hoda and Savannah host the first two hours together, Hoda sits up straight and is very professional with her gestures.  When they host the 4th hour, Hoda slouches, rests her face in her hands, plays with her hair, puts her thumb in her mouth, slaps the table, etc.  

Will be interesting to see how they handle the rest of the week if Al and Craig are asked to self isolate longer, or if any others are asked to stay home.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

From what I saw they just reran past interviews. 

Right at the beginning, Hoda & Savannah explained what happened to Craig & Al & then had some "happy talk", then they re-ran old interviews.  

• Love 1

I have this weird need to see if tv personalities wear clothing that honors holidays - st pats, halloween, patriotic, etc. my comments here take into account now different things are this year with the virus crisis. Purely for superficial shark value. Having said that, this is the second year Savannah "forgot" to wear green. Her Irish grandmother would not be smiling, she says. Of course hoda is just a ditz and at this point I don't expect much of anything from her. Even Michael Strahan has a green the on today! 

Again, I get it with the bigger picture of what is going on with the virus crisis. It just bugs me. Sometimes I think Savannah is just as scatterbrained as hoda, just better educated. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, seasons said:

Of course hoda is just a ditz and at this point I don't expect much of anything from her.

She sees Willie and Jenna how many times during the week and doesn't know their kids names, so yeah, expecting her to remember a holiday that rolls around once a year might be stretching it🍀🤷‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Savannah, on Wed. morning, will be doing the show from her home....she has a sore throat, so she felt she should not go to the studio.  

If this keeps up, they are going to look like the opening credits of the Brady Bunch with everyone in their individual squares😂.  

• LOL 6
On 2/27/2020 at 2:29 PM, Ohwell said:

I think the difference is now Hoda thinks she's the alpha woman over Jenna, whereas when Hoda was with KLG, she was the alpha woman. 

Couple other thoughts..i kind of have a feeling that Jenna wasnt her first choice to replace KLG but shes going along to get along.  Another thought from Jenna (and Hoda too) js that Hoda will leave soon. (soon = 1-2years) and who will inherit the kingdom?  Jenna.  Ive been wondering how Hoda has been able to stay well?  And isnt she scared of taking exposure home to the family?  Almost every single other morning show correspondent is home.  I worry about her.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:17 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I saw Hoda on Ellen today where her total lack of common sense was on full display ... they gave her a poster of (half-naked) Blake Shelton & she proceeded to roll it up backwards ... charming!!!

My take on that sitch is that it got miggggghty awkward once Gwen went on the voice and they hooked up.  Hoda cant accost him anymore with eyes and words.  Theyve even cut way down on Hoda and Blake teasing, prob so as not to offend Gwen. Shes suddenly the third wheel.  She needs a boytoy

• LOL 1

I don't know why but I appreciated Hoda crying.  COVID-19 is ravaging New Orleans, has killed their colleagues and will kill more people they know and many of us watching will be victims of it.  I don't mind tears and anger when this horrible situation becomes more and more real by the hour.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, seasons said:

Carson and his wife name new baby Goldie Daly? Dear God, why?!?

Worse, they're going to call her GoGo.

Carson explained that he had just gotten back his ancestry results that proved he is 98% Irish. He was looking at a book of Irish names, found the name and thought it was fitting, since she is the pot of gold at the end of their family rainbow. I don't like the name, but I think that's a sweet background story. I'm not at all surprised that the middle name is Patricia, after his mother. 

GoGo Daly

Health and happiness to the Daly family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Worse, they're going to call her GoGo.

GoGo Gadget arms😂.  Someone asked Siri on IG one time how many more kids they were going to have and she said that if it was up to Carson, they would have ten!!

• Love 1

Why do people (stupid celebrities) give their kids formal names but don’t even use them?! Yeah! Go-Go is a great name to give a girl......NOT!!! I guess the name Goldie is......okay. I’m 100% Irish and there isn’t a Goldie that’s ever been discussed or mentioned as being Irish. It’s a dumb name. There I said it. I won’t take it back.

• Love 3

I actually like the name Goldie but it sounds stupid with Daly. I think they are a cute family though. So happy everyone is safe. 

I felt for Hoda during that interview. At first I thought her teleprompter wasn’t working because it’s so rare we get to see a genuine emotional moment on live tv. I hope she’s ok. 

Weirdly I’ve been enjoying seeing everyone’s homes while they work from home. It’s adds a tiny bit of fun to an otherwise anxious situation. 

• Love 4

We researched Irish names for our son too. Never saw Goldie but it is out there if you google it. Still just feels like special snowflake celebrity stuff to me. unique names can be really nice but stupid, burdensome ambiguous names are just that. 🍀

• Love 3
On 3/17/2020 at 9:11 AM, seasons said:

I have this weird need to see if tv personalities wear clothing that honors holidays - st pats, halloween, patriotic, etc. my comments here take into account now different things are this year with the virus crisis. Purely for superficial shark value. Having said that, this is the second year Savannah "forgot" to wear green. Her Irish grandmother would not be smiling, she says. Of course hoda is just a ditz and at this point I don't expect much of anything from her.

My birthday is on St. Patricks Day.  Hoda seems the type to ask " does your birthday always fall on St Patrick's Day ????"  

Every year several people ask me that.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

My birthday is on St. Patricks Day.  Hoda seems the type to ask " does your birthday always fall on St Patrick's Day ????"  

Every year several people ask me that.

Halloween here, and I get asked if my birthday is on Halloween every year👻😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It could be worse.  My birthday is usually Thanksgiving week, so, to pretty much everyone I've ever known, regardless of the actual date of Thanksgiving, it's always my birthday.  Except to one childhood friend who always thought it was Valentines Day because he knew it was on "a major holiday."  

• LOL 4
On 3/28/2020 at 10:33 AM, mostlylurking said:

I actually like the name Goldie but it sounds stupid with Daly. I think they are a cute family though. So happy everyone is safe. 

I felt for Hoda during that interview. At first I thought her teleprompter wasn’t working because it’s so rare we get to see a genuine emotional moment on live tv. I hope she’s ok. 

Weirdly I’ve been enjoying seeing everyone’s homes while they work from home. It’s adds a tiny bit of fun to an otherwise anxious situation. 

I too have enjoyed the peaks into the anchors' homes(even the Evening anchors), what kind of furniture they have, books on the shelves, etc.  Our local NBC affiliate also has anchors & weather people doing their segments from home & its fun to see them being informal...pets are even shown(one anchor here had his pet bunny running around 🙂

• Love 3

I don’t mind the at home broadcasting though I can see it getting stale after a while.  I like the airiness of the studio. I just hope special appearances by kids don’t become a regular thing. Imagine when Hoda broadcasts from home if her “babysitter” isn’t there!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I noticed today Jenna pronounced Dolly Parton’s name with a strongly enunciated T instead of calling her Pardon. Someone must have talked to her about her accent. She was obviously conscious about it, trying to say it correctly.

Getting back to how ditzy Hoda is when it comes to others, she mentioned Joel having a birthday party last week but she couldn’t remember how old he is. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3

Just when I thought Hoda couldn’t be any dumber , she puts her dirty sneaker in her table in front of her to show Jenna what she had on her feet .

She runs and walks though the streets of NYC where the virus is most prevalent in the country and then does that ? 

And why is Jenna not ever going in and Hoda is in every day ? Is it because Hoda took off six months for her second baby? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Just when I thought Hoda couldn’t be any dumber , she puts her dirty sneaker in her table in front of her to show Jenna what she had on her feet .

She runs and walks though the streets of NYC where the virus is most prevalent in the country and then does that ? 

And why is Jenna not ever going in and Hoda is in every day ? Is it because Hoda took off six months for her second baby? 

Hoda said she was doing to wipe the desk off. She had the wipes right there so I was dine with that. I’m not sure why Hoda is going in & Jenna isn’t. They both have kids and such but I think Jenna had been with her parents who are older but then had to bolt out of Texas to get back to NYC. Oddly enough, Savanah finally came to the studio after working from home a few weeks but then was working again from home on Friday. It’s crazy with the schedules. Al has been working from home full time, too. I’m not really sure who decides who comes in or not. I know my office shut down a few weeks ago and I’ve been working from home, too. It’s the new normal but as for TODAY I’m not sure how it’s decided. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Why is Hoda the only one doing the in-Studio anchoring?  From 7 to 10am, she is the only one there, looks like they would take turns.  Maybe she is the one who lives closest to the Studio?

She’s the only known anchor not to come to have come in contact with the someone who had symptoms of Coronavirus. 

• Useful 1
On 4/3/2020 at 4:20 PM, goldenpuppy said:

And why is Jenna not ever going in

She had a week off for spring break with the kids at the beginning of this, and then has worked from home as they were trying to minimize the number of people going in and out of the studio.  That's why they have a small crew on site and the rest work from home.

• Useful 1

and, now Savanah is back to working from home again. She did a few weeks in the studio which she and Hoda a big deal about. She said, the following:

“I’m home. You know, the reason, Hoda — my family is upstate, and so I’m sticking close to the family and coming to the city less and less,” said Guthrie, 48. “So I’m trying to work from home. And also, frankly, that’s what these officials are telling us to do, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

But they still make Hoda come in. I guess they have to have someone in the studio if any breaking news happens.....I guess.

• Useful 1

And Sheinelle is back.  She said she has become a better listener.  Does that mean she will stop interrupting over every one else?  Or stop talking when the subject matter isn't even her?  They were playing old eps of "Off the Rails" on Siriusxm.  Al asked Dylan a question about her husband and Sheinelle did all the talking!

Why do I torture myself like this? Anyway, Today was Hoda and Jenna’s one year anniversary. Although, I’m not really sure how many days they have worked together in that year. Jenna is sooo annoying. She always sounds like she is going to cry no matter the subject but mostly it’s done with her OTT praise & flattery of Hoda about her smile, bravery, blah, blah, blah. OMG! Bring KLG back.....and, quick! Ugh!

• LOL 5
(edited)

In the 3rd hour Sheinelle introduced a homemade video of a boy singing but she talked over the video almost the whole time. You could hardly hear his song.

Edited by Carmel Cub
Original was wrong person
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why is Jenna crying all the damn time?

Maybe she was upset cause Savannah asked Hoda for advice on how to hard boil eggs and it didn't go well.  Or because one of her kids came up with another cute comment and it was another life lesson learned for their family🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hoda did a FaceTime or Zoom thing with Jenna and showed the studio. The entire building is empty. There wasn’t a soul inside or outside of 30 Rock. That must be a depressing place to go to every morning.  She does get to see Craig from a distance at the desk but still......

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Hoda did a FaceTime or Zoom thing with Jenna and showed the studio. The entire building is empty. There wasn’t a soul inside or outside of 30 Rock. That must be a depressing place to go to every morning.  She does get to see Craig from a distance at the desk but still......

Yes, that was sad...the dark studio and then looking out at the Plaza where there are usually crowds of excited fans and it was empty.