Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On 9/12/2020 at 8:36 AM, Haleth said:

A few days late, but I was kind of pissed off at Jenna for STILL not pronouncing Kamala Harris's name correctly.  

Jenna can’t even pronounce the word important correctly so I doubt she could say Kamala correctly either. She is beyond awful. Yet she makes millions of dollars off of Today & her stupid books. 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Wow they really laid it on thick with father of the bride...with Steve marden, marden short, and Diane keeden. It was a great movie but I hardly think it was as iconic and earth shattering as the show is trying to make it seem.

I heard & saw it and wanted to die. The girl can’t pronounce her T’s. I don’t care if she’s from Texas. You went to college and have lived NYC forever. Go to speech therapy or something or get the hell off of television. Rant over. 

• Love 4

Hoda starts the show saying "Today is October 8th".  Less than a minute later she says, "What is today's date?  I don't know."   Please don't adopt any more kids, Hoda.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

Why do the promote what's coming up on the third and fourth hours when they've already said that coverage would be given to the Senate hearing?

Because different time zones might see it?  They film anyway, regardless of what might preempt them. Unaired segments will be used later. 

• Love 1

It was a previously taped episode at 10 a.m. so I deleted it. I never watch the taped stuff. I’m guessing Hoda is on vacation. She was out Friday so I’m guessing she’s out this week, too. 

On 10/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, Cyranetta said:

Why do the promote what's coming up on the third and fourth hours when they've already said that coverage would be given to the Senate hearing?

I think it's also for online viewing too?

The only sort of good thing I can think of about these two (!) quote books out by Hoda is that it is kind of nice to have positive thoughts all together in one place? I could see some women friends/relatives kind of digging it.

And with this one no book tour. 

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! Hoda “wrote” a book? I hadn’t heard. They don’t mention it enough. Hoda should check in with the publicity department on this oversight. 

Did you know that her wedding had been postponed too?  I don’t think they talk about this stuff enough😂🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did you know that her wedding had been postponed too?  I don’t think they talk about this stuff enough😂🙄

Well, with that I do feel it is a bummer. I know several who had to cancel, postpone or relocate their weddings due to Covid. So I’ll give her a pass. That said, it sounded like a destination wedding and everybody would have been invited. Less Matt and the weekend people who will need to cover all the top tier players while they are away. Um, you aren’t invited to my wedding but you’ll neeed to cover all my hours on Today. Thanks a bunch!

• LOL 2

Since you're doing a retropective of Blake Shelton and Hoda, can we finally know where you dumped your dog, Hoda?  It's also kinda dumb to discuss how touching This Is Us was last night when no one bothered to watch it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

It's also kinda dumb to discuss how touching This Is Us was last night when no one bothered to watch it.

Yeah, and don’t know the context of the clip they showed. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, and don’t know the context of the clip they showed. 

They totally got the Randall clip wrong. You’d  think someone in production would have said, “This clip with Randall and Maleek.........”. Hoda & Jenna are making millions of dollars so I doubt they lose sleep over it. 

28 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They totally got the Randall clip wrong. You’d  think someone in production would have said, “This clip with Randall and Maleek.........”. Hoda & Jenna are making millions of dollars so I doubt they lose sleep over it. 

They don’t even remember the names of their co-workers kids🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

The costumes were great though. 

Yea, I thought it was cool that they got to wear actual costumes from the Broadway shows.  Craig looked very handsome as Hamilton & Shenelle & Dylan looked adorable as the gals in "Chicago". 

• Love 2

Jenna makes an ugly cat. Just saying. Of course, it’s Broadway and it has to be extra. LOL!!!!! I watched the earlier show on mute. I cringe every year but I do like to see them all made up. I think Shenelle & Dylan looked really cute. Craig got into it, too. See everyone next wear. LOL!!!

• Love 1

Okay! Enough is enough. We need to start a petition to get Jenna off this show and tv in general. Today while introducing a story about a firefighter she said (reading from a teleprompter) let’s hear his horroic story instead of the word heroic. OMG! She is frickin illiterate. She can’t read or spell. She is a total embarrassment. Not to mention they had Dolly on earlier and she continues to say Dolly Pardon. WTF?!?!?!? Rant over.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’ve found that most news personalities aren’t nearly as smart as they seem when they just read the news. 

Amen to that.

Just now our local new anchor couldn't read the word "egregious". She butchered it so horribly it was hard to tell what word she meant.

I do like David Muir from ABC's " World News Tonight". Actually, I also like Lester Holt and Norah O'Donnell. I'm guessing you have to have some smarts to surpass the local level.

Today, Jenna pronounced the word "etiquette" "et-i-quit".

As in the " kw" sound for "qu".

As in "quiet".

Hoda has to know that is wrong but said nothing.

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 2
41 minutes ago, seasons said:

Amen to that.

Just now our local new anchor couldn't read the word "egregious". She butchered it so horribly it was hard to tell what word she meant.

I do like David Muir from ABC's " World News Tonight". Actually, I also like Lester Holt and Norah O'Donnell. I'm guessing you have to have some smarts to surpass the local level.

As in "quiet".

The old adage comes to mind:  "It's not what you know, but who you know!"   LOLOLOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, seasons said:

Amen to that.

As in "quiet".

Jenna not being able to speak proper proper English on a “news” show is beyond embarrassing. She can’t be that popular with the viewers that she’s not replaceable, right? I can’t believe the higher ups haven’t canned her yet. 

• Love 2
Just now, ByaNose said:

Jenna not being able to speak proper proper English on a “news” show is beyond embarrassing. She can’t be that popular with the viewers that she’s not replaceable, right? I can’t believe the higher ups haven’t canned her yet. 

We have a woman reading the news on the week-end (local station) that can't say one sentence without slaughtering two or three words.  I give her one minute & change the channel.  I've written to the station at least three times, to no avail.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

We have a woman reading the news on the week-end (local station) that can't say one sentence without slaughtering two or three words.  I give her one minute & change the channel.  I've written to the station at least three times, to no avail.

We have a woman on our local NBC station who's been there for over 30 years.  She's started to pepper almost every other word with "uhh," like she's thinking of what to say.  It's too bad because she's well-liked but I think it's time for her to go.  I change the channel now after a few minutes.

• Love 1

Marlo Thomas was On with H&J today. She looks amazing!!!! She is 83! 

I'll have what she's having! 😏 

seriously she looks great. Maybe up close not as much, today of course she was remote, but still. Wowza.