Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I laughed when Hoda and Jenna squashed the advice of the financial/debt counselor who suggested that the guest reduce the $500.00 monthly sports bill!  They must not have ever had to live on a shoestring budget, but $500 a month for a family sports’s related activity while they are struggling financially is extreme, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2022 at 8:32 AM, seasons said:

Are they going to winter Olympics? Not much mentioned about that?

I wondered that too....I read that a lot of the commentary about the Winter Olympics will come from a Sports Studio in Connecticut

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mike Tirico will be the overall host of the Olympic coverage and will be in Beijing for most of it, while all or almost all commentary will come from the NBC Sports HQ in Connecticut.

The fact that Today has been silent on whether they’re going seems to indicate they’re not, or it will be a last minute decision depending on Covid (?). Maybe the experience in Tokyo, where they were stuck in the hotel and studio mostly, has made it not worth the effort.

• Useful 2

Yay Dylan was back today.  I just love her.  She looks fantastic.  Apparently people were dragging her on Instagram because she posted a pic of the three boys sharing a room and the baby’s crib was by the window or some shit.  God.  Why are people the worst??

• Love 3

I notice Jenna is making an effort to pronounce the T in Dolly Parton’s name and not say pardon. She makes it sound even more awkward.  Oops and now she did say pardon  

The sexy schoolgirl photo shoot was hilarious. She may not be able to say Ts but she’s a good sport and doesn’t take herself seriously. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I notice Jenna is making an effort to pronounce the T in Dolly Parton’s name and not say pardon. She makes it sound even more awkward.  Oops and now she did say pardon  

The sexy schoolgirl photo shoot was hilarious. She may not be able to say Ts but she’s a good sport and doesn’t take herself seriously. 

I needed a laugh this morning & Jenna's "photo shoot" was cracking me up :)  I do like that Jenna has a good sense of Humor & doesnt mind making fun of herself.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I so noticed that. I was waiting to hear Pardon but she actually said Parton. She’s such a big girl now being able pronounce words like an adult. LOL!!!!

She actually really looked good in the picture but I was kind of hoping they were going to use the professional photographer pictures. The picture of Jenna  showed was the one that Donna took on her iPhone. That said, most people think iPhones pictures are just as good. She lost her baby weight and they’ve been dressing her in shorts lately. She has the legs to carry them off. I also thought Hoda looked nice too. Her pointy pants were looked great with the blazer. She should wear the pants with her usual black sleeveless tops. They would look perfect together. 

• Love 1

So Hoda & Joel broke up. Not a real shocker. I never noticed that she wasn’t wearing her engagement ring because she wears so much other crap. LOL!!! I think all she really wanted was to be a mother but not be married. Now, will the early Today cast go all ape crazy that they broke engagement as they did when she actually got engaged?! Everything is always so overblown with Today if someone is engaged, married or pregnant. I’m looking at you Al Roker. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Welp, Hoda and Joel broke up and no one cares.  Did anyone really notice she’s not wearing an engagement ring?  I’m just trying to get through the hour, Hoda.  I’m not checking out your fingers.

Last Fri a poster in Hoda’s thread noted she wasn’t wearing her ring. 

• Useful 1

I feel sorry for those two little girls. The man they know as dad apparently doesn't live with them anymore. I know it happens every day. I'm so nosy I'd love to know what happened. But it's none of my damn business of course. I'll bet some of the Today staffers have their speculations. 

• Love 3

I'm sure there is more to Hoda's break-up than is being told. She makes it appear that it is completely amicable.  And maybe it is. I just find it interesting that she said they decided they are better as friends. Did Joel also adopt the girls?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’d to know who thought it was a good idea to do the show outdoors, in New York, in February. I know it’s part of their Olympic promotion, but they hard to run inside when it started snowing/raining and sit around in their parkas. I kept wondering how they kept from getting overheated.

• Love 2

Does anyone else think when media in general, not just The Today Show, crowns an Olympic athlete the greatest thing ever it’s the kiss of death?  It seems they inevitably fail spectacularly after all the hype. Run, athletes!  Hide!

• Love 4

It was the B team today on the early and later show. Savannah, Hoda & Craig were all off for the holiday. Al was the only who was in which I thought was odd. I just assumed the whole A team had off on all holidays. Hoda & Jenna’s show was pre taped since Jenna was off.  I only know this because I work from home and didn’t have off. Which wouldn’t matter either way but it pissed me off nevertheless. LOL!!!!! Have a great week y’all. 

• Love 1

I don’t watch regularly. I was confused by that team of people. Are they the new team ?Someone on the team announces that she’s suffering from some condition……but, it’ll wait until next day apparently. Lol. Odd.  

Is Jenna Hager serious when she tries to decide if an item is fruit or vegetable based on whether it is put into a salad? Lol. 

I have a pet peeve about people calling food nasty.  To me, food can be unappealing, a turn off, disgusting even, but nasty means covered with germs, filth or larvae.  Lol

I did like that song Hoda played about Time.

Does her ex-fiancé have a career or  is he the designated stay at home parent.  

• Love 1
On 3/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t watch regularly. I was confused by that team of people. Are they the new team ?Someone on the team announces that she’s suffering from some condition……but, it’ll wait until next day apparently. Lol. Odd.  

Is Jenna Hager serious when she tries to decide if an item is fruit or vegetable based on whether it is put into a salad? Lol. 

I have a pet peeve about people calling food nasty.  To me, food can be unappealing, a turn off, disgusting even, but nasty means covered with germs, filth or larvae.  Lol

I did like that song Hoda played about Time.

Does her ex-fiancé have a career or  is he the designated stay at home parent.  

Joel, the ex-fiance, I believe, was in financial investments, or banking.  I personally think Joel has gone the way of Blake, the dog, never to be heard from again.  And today, Jill Martin did share her situation with fibroids & having a hysterectomy to help her.  I am enjoying Jacob Soboroff as a Host on the 3rd Hour,  he fits in with the others & has a nice way about him on-air.

• Love 1

Has anyone been watching NBC News Now in the morning?  They have Savanah Sellars and Joe Fryer on the 7am hour.  Really good show.  A lot more news.  They still banter a bit, but without all the trivial silliness.  I’ve been enjoying it.

• Useful 1

I was sort of half watching this morning but my attention was caught by hearing Steph Gosk weeping - can anyone fill me in as to what that was about?  The hosts were telling her it was OK to cry.  I’m at a friend’s vacation home at the moment and there’s no DVR so I couldn’t back it up.

1 hour ago, captain1 said:

I was sort of half watching this morning but my attention was caught by hearing Steph Gosk weeping - can anyone fill me in as to what that was about?  The hosts were telling her it was OK to cry.  I’m at a friend’s vacation home at the moment and there’s no DVR so I couldn’t back it up.

I didn't see it but I think she might be of Ukrainian heritage. She was born in New Hampshire.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, captain1 said:

She was reporting on the young female soccer star that was found dead in her apartment/dorm?. She completed suicide. Steph had an interview with her parents and became very emotional. Very understandable. It was heartbreaking. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I was crying too. Felt bad that Steph was embarrassed but who wouldn’t empathize with the pain of those parents?  She’s a mom, she gets it. 

I'm not a mom and I get it...could feel their heartbreak.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I forgot to tune in and see what medical condition one of the female host has.  Did anyone catch it? 

Maybe you are referring to Jill Martin, who sometimes Co-hosts on the 3rd Hour?  She had a report the other day about suffering with Fibroids for years, and finally had a Hysterectomy to help with her pelvic pain.  

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Maybe you are referring to Jill Martin, who sometimes Co-hosts on the 3rd Hour?  She had a report the other day about suffering with Fibroids for years, and finally had a Hysterectomy to help with her pelvic pain.  

Thanks. That’s who it was.  

• Useful 1
(edited)

Another day, another Dolly Pardon, this time accompanied by ShondRa Rhimes...how awkward was it with her trying to take home that one-of-a-kind barbie home to Poppy knowing she had to give it back?

Edited by Indigo Luna
  • Love 2

Please only one person speaking at a time during cooking segments.

Is there some sort of secret recipe for grilled cheese sandwiches that makes Savannah’s adventures in cooking more newsworthy than say Dylan’s segments with her little boy?  What 40+something has never made a grilled cheese sandwich?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Phebemarie said:

Is there some sort of secret recipe for grilled cheese sandwiches that makes Savannah’s adventures in cooking more newsworthy than say Dylan’s segments with her little boy?  What 40+something has never made a grilled cheese sandwich?  

They try way too hard to make Savannah quirky and relatable and its never worked.

• Love 3

Hoda & Jenna did their show from New Orleans this morning...lots of fun, I got a kick out of Harry Connick teaching them to play piano.  But, I found it 'interesting" that Hoda brought her 2 daughters out to introduce them to the crowd, the girls were clinging to her neck & crying when a woman(I assume a Nanny) came to take them away from the set.  Is she trying to prove what a good Mom she is by bringing her children on a work trip?  I would just think she would not have shown them 'on-air"(altho I guess Dylan has her son do segments with her, but he is at home with her, not on-set)

On 3/10/2022 at 5:28 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Hoda & Jenna did their show from New Orleans this morning...lots of fun, I got a kick out of Harry Connick teaching them to play piano.  But, I found it 'interesting" that Hoda brought her 2 daughters out to introduce them to the crowd, the girls were clinging to her neck & crying when a woman(I assume a Nanny) came to take them away from the set.  Is she trying to prove what a good Mom she is by bringing her children on a work trip?  I would just think she would not have shown them 'on-air"(altho I guess Dylan has her son do segments with her, but he is at home with her, not on-set)

Hoda's kids crying off-screen.  It was awkward.  I confess I rarely watch this program, but one thing I notice every time I do is that Hoda and Jenna constantly praise each other, like "what a good mom you are" from Jenna to Hoda. Really, I guess everyone on Today does that, they seem to be part of a mutual admiration society. But Hoda and Jenna - it's over the top.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

To be fair, I don’t get the appeal of Hoda, but I know what you’re saying!

Someone said it earlier Here or somewhere else I read it, she is a"personality " that is appealing to many. Versus an anchor or journalist, I guess?  

But she has stated how she travelled in her car through many states when first staring out and was rejected time after time until someone finally gave her a chance.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:32 PM, seasons said:

Someone said it earlier Here or somewhere else I read it, she is a"personality " that is appealing to many. Versus an anchor or journalist, I guess?  

But she has stated how she travelled in her car through many states when first staring out and was rejected time after time until someone finally gave her a chance.

I never think of Hoda as a journalist. The lead or big news interviews seem to always go to Savannah. Of course, the 10am made her a name for better or for worse working with KLG. I think of her more of a personality fawning over her celebrity friends or crushes. She started out in straight news she’s more of a television personality bordering on Access Hollywood entertainment “reporter”. That said, she’s making loads of money & she’s probably perfectly fine with that. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I never think of Hoda as a journalist. The lead or big news interviews seem to always go to Savannah. Of course, the 10am made her a name for better or for worse working with KLG. I think of her more of a personality fawning over her celebrity friends or crushes. She started out in straight news she’s more of a television personality bordering on Access Hollywood entertainment “reporter”. That said, she’s making loads of money & she’s probably perfectly fine with that. 

I always believed that was the transition from Pauley to Couric where the show went from serious news with a few entertainment stories to mostly entertainment stories with few serious new stories. Today transistioned to the newscasters becoming the news instead of reporting it. It was a way to fill insane amounts of time without reporting anything of any real substance. Today went from reporting wars to reporting what clothes Hoda's child wears. Sad times indeed.

• Love 3

Really powerful story this morning about an Ohio state football player who retired because of depression. Both Hoda and Savannah were appropriate for a change and let him speak. Carson was also there which I think helped, as Carson has had his own struggles with mental health.  Savannah called him deep, which is over and misused but in this case it applies. This guy is obviously empathetic and just wore his heart on his sleeve. I sobbed. What a sensitive soul. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5