Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

It really doesn't matter. It is considered 50-50% no matter what type of accounts it's kept in...unless it belonged to one party prior to marriage and none of it is ever spent on normal expenses. If they get divorced, it's 50% his no matter where she keeps it.

Maybe so, but hard to access money in a bank account if your name is not on it and you haven't been given written authorization by the account owner.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:55 AM, TVwatcher35 said:

Thank you. I was wondering what they were speaking because I know it doesn't sound like Hebrew. I suspected Russian. I wonder why they never mentioned that (or maybe I missed it).

Yes, it was explained in the first episode that Alexei is originally from Russia but moved to Israel when he was 11.

• Love 2

Sisterwife lol

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 0:16 PM, bref said:

I'm newish to the 90-Day universe (last season was my first) and it is cringe-watching at its finest, but since I'm not familiar with the prior couples (and can't stand Loren, SORRY GOD YES I KNOW SHE HAS TOURETTE'S) I decided to pass on the HEA thing; however, I came here to read about it and it was the best decision I ever made. You all are HILARIOUS. Just assume every one of your comments is liked by me.

Welcome, bref!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe so, but hard to access money in a bank account if your name is not on it and you haven't been given written authorization by the account owner.

But in the event they divorce, he will get 50% of everything in every back account and investment account she has. Plus equity in her home that has built, her retirement, all of her assets, from the day they got married. And she can't offset it any of that by telling the judge that she supported him or put him thru school. So now that she's not flying to Jamaica every few weeks, she's probably accruing a nice little savings. Half his.

Personally, I think what she wants is not only for him to spot sending money to his relatives, but she wants him to, in effect, start to pay her back for all the money she has shelled out...by contributing MORE than his share of the current bills. She keeps mentioning that her financial investment in the relationship set her back and now she..."you know...needs him to, you know..." She wants him to help her replenish her savings account imo but doesn't directly tell him that. And that is the furthest thing from his mind.

49 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sisterwife??

A secret wife he is passing off as his sister to Melanie.

Did Bev actually accuse him of having multiple wives and kids back in Jamaica? Or did I just imagine that. LOL

• Love 2

Party of 1 but I feel badly for Danielle. She is not all there, low IQ, processing delays, maybe even some sort of mental illness and it is sad. All of her "smarts" when she does want to turn them on are street smarts, to survive and to manipulate things to her advantage which she has probably learned to some degree from working systems when she's in a corner. Given no one worked on her eyes, and her use of "aint" and "dont" she has not had a lot of advantages. It is hard to watch. How can Dani afford to stay at the Kent Hotel South Beach? 

Did you notice the Fitbit? She has also been dolling herself up and has a HINT of a high waist. Sucks. And he used her and lied to her and FFS ladies who hasn't been lied to by a man and wanted to belive it? I have and I'm feeling that right now. I hope he gets nailed to the wall.

Loren married a foreigner overseas so she could have 2 wedding dresses, her picture taken a lot etc etc. She sucks. The whole time he was freaking out about no one should be seeing the bride yet we should be upstairs? That is his culture, it's for his side of the family! Imagine the freaking out SHE would have done if the tables were turned and people saw her in the US (at his insistence) before she walked down the aisle? She would have gone ballistic. Her parents coddle her and perpetuate this. God. She is AWFUL.

• Love 13

so I wonder if melanie was a means to an end? Devar was applying for US citizenship for several years (his Mom said this) and abruptly stopped when he met Melanie.

I have to say Loren looked gorgeous in that dress--is that a different dress than the one she was married in last season?

3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

But in the event they divorce, he will get 50% of everything in every back account and investment account she has. Plus equity in her home that has built, her retirement, all of her assets, from the day they got married. And she can't offset it any of that by telling the judge that she supported him or put him thru school. So now that she's not flying to Jamaica every few weeks, she's probably accruing a nice little savings. Half his.

Personally, I think what she wants is not only for him to spot sending money to his relatives, but she wants him to, in effect, start to pay her back for all the money she has shelled out...by contributing MORE than his share of the current bills. She keeps mentioning that her financial investment in the relationship set her back and now she..."you know...needs him to, you know..." She wants him to help her replenish her savings account imo but doesn't directly tell him that. And that is the furthest thing from his mind.

A secret wife he is passing off as his sister to Melanie.

Did Bev actually accuse him of having multiple wives and kids back in Jamaica? Or did I just imagine that. LOL

would he really get 50% of everything, or wouldnt it be just what is accumulated during their marriage? and I hate her poor mouthing--she spent $38K by her own account flying back and forth and getting him here...I have no money sympathy for her. And what an odd but interesting thought that the sister is one of his wives--lol!!

• Love 2

It was very telling in this episode when Loren's parents were concerned that something would not go the way Loren wanted and then she would explode and they both implied that they just try to stay out of the way when things don't go Loren's way.  Hmmm, and just how did she get that way then?  Expecting everyone to make sure that she got what she wanted?  Oh, and the scene that really bothered me was when Alexi (although Loren insists on calling him Alex) when into the bathroom to talk with Loren and then her friend went in and told Alexi to leave and PUT HER HANDS ON HIS FACE.  I just couldn't.  Who does that?  But, yes Loren must have what she wants.  I also don't understand the concept of proving your love through having a second wedding just a year after your first one.  And Loren was also a drama queen about revealing her Tourettes.  Loren, you're the only one who makes a deal out of it.

And, I agree with others that Melanie uses her sister to say the things Melanie wants her to say.  Devar was very clear though when he told Bev to pay attention to her own life and not theirs.

I was shocked when I saw the photos of Pao as they did not look as good as I thought they would.  She really looked 'hot' average.  Good luck with that modeling career.  And way to manipulate your parents.

Dani?  Just no.  No shred of self-worth or dignity.  Someone ignores your texts and calls?  Yep, it seems like the thing to do is to go in person to see why he's ignoring you.  Just no.

• Love 9

I really have less of a problem with Bev and her blunt questions than I do with Melanie not standing up to her sister. Either say "none of your business" or defend your husband, or tell your sister to back the hell off --- but to just sit there and look at Devar like "yeah?? what is the answer?" is some BS. I was glad that Devar said that Bev needed to pay more attention to her own life, because 1) it's true, and 2) Melanie wasn't defending him so he at least stood up for himself. And more respectfully than I would have, LOL. But it's Melanie's place to put her sister in check.

• Love 10

Yeah, Melanie's just getting Bev to do her dirty work. She wants to quiz Devar but she's hiding behind Bev. She never defends Devar when they're all together (but she does when she and Bev are alone) and never tells Bev to knock it off in front of Devar. Because she wants to know the answer and she thinks it's OK if it's coming from a concerned outsider. We see you, Mel.

• Love 7

Re the joint bank accounts, when my husband and I were applying for his green card, our attorney told us to put all of the bank accounts in both of our names. He said it looked better to the immigration authorities. That could be why Melanie and Devar have a joint bank account despite her not trusting him with money. (But I think the preview for next week is just Melanie faking Bev out.)

• Love 6

This show is so much more interesting than the mother ship.

Devar and Melanie:  I don't know what the preview for next week is all about, but Melanie deserves to have Devar leave her and take all her money.   I couldn't believe she sat there and said nothing as ugly Beverly interrogated Devar about his relationship with his sisters.   He was way more understanding than I would have been.   I would have shown Beverly the door and invited her oafish sister to join her if she didn't like it.    Thank you, show, for repeatedly showing the clip of Devar's sisters laughing at Melanie.   It's the highlight of the season.

Danielle and Mohammed:  Danielle is like the Terminator.   She learns Mohammed's address and is immediately out the door to hunt him down.   It's a novel twist on the old saying: If Mohammed won't come to the mountain, the mountain must go to Mohammed.

It's hard to stomach Mohammed's "free agent" routine.   I wish the show would explain where he gets money to live and travel.   He never seems to want for anything.   It was cringeworthy when he said he had no pictures of Danielle (which I don't believe for a moment); he just didn't want to show Danielle's picture to those young ladies for fear it would diminish his appeal in their eyes. 

Russ and Paola:  I'm on Team Paola.   I like her a lot and think she'd be a blast to hang out with.   Russ is like an old wet mop that's starting to smell funky.   Homework for Russ:  Try to complete three sentences without using the phrase "my family."   Paola, I don't mean to criticize but a refrigerator magnet and shot glass make a "Somebody Went to Florida and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" gift seem positively thoughtful.

Kyle and Noon: Boring.

Daya and the guy who's stepfather is named Smitty:  I just couldn't.   I fast-forwarded through the entire segment of him rapping -- and I still felt embarrassed for him.    It seemed like something Jorge would do (Your name is Anfisa/You're on a K-1 Visa/You got lips like a duck/Your pasta dinners suck/I can't please ya!)

Alexei and Loren:  When Loren told Alexei's family about her Tourettes and everyone was being so supportive, I was fooled into thinking, wow, Loren has come a long way from the entitled little princess she used to be.   So much for that.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 17

While the individual couples' threads are spoiler-tagged, it seems more and more viewers are wishing to remain unspoiled. 

A new spoiler-free thread for discussion of the couples has been added HERE. 

Please feel free to read and post your own spoiler-free thoughts and go as off-episode as you like.

• Love 2

Devar could make good money as a commercial diver, but it will likely involve a lot of travel and weeks away from home at a time. 

I physically can't watch Brett rapping.  It makes me so uncomfortable!   As does, well, everything Danielle does, as well as the posed serious shots of her that they use to introduce segments.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, deltaburkefan said:

Is it 50/50 for everything obtained/earned during the marriage if it's not a community property state (I.e., California)? I don't think so...

Eta: yep, only western states are community property. PA is definitely not. 

https://communityproperty.uslegal.com/laws-governing-community-property/non-community-property-states/

I think you're misunderstanding it. In community property states AND separate property states, everything earned during the marriage is 50-50 marital asset. But in community property states, that which was earned prior to the marriage is also marital asset. So either way, he will get 50% of everything earned during the marriage, even if he never makes a penny.

Edited by Drogo
Removed blank quote.
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

would he really get 50% of everything, or wouldnt it be just what is accumulated during their marriage? and I hate her poor mouthing--she spent $38K by her own account flying back and forth and getting him here...I have no money sympathy for her. And what an odd but interesting thought that the sister is one of his wives--lol!!

50% of everything earned during the marriage, including equity in her house, increases in her mutual funds, the amount her retirement account grew.

4 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

50% of everything earned during the marriage, including equity in her house, increases in her mutual funds, the amount her retirement account grew.

This is why people need to think long and hard, especially people who have homes, retirement funds, etc, before jumping into a marriage with someone they met on a vacation or have only spent a few days with. And even if you end keeping 100% of your assets, you'll be paying a hefty legal bill to make it happen. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, millennium said:

Daya and the guy who's stepfather is named Smitty:  I just couldn't.   I fast-forwarded through the entire segment of him rapping -- and I still felt embarrassed for him.    It seemed like something Jorge would do (Your name is Anfisa/You're on a K-1 Visa/You got lips like a duck/Your pasta dinners suck/I can't please ya!)

LMAO!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

This is why people need to think long and hard, especially people who have homes, retirement funds, etc, before jumping into a marriage with someone they met on a vacation or have only spent a few days with. And even if you end keeping 100% of your assets, you'll be paying a hefty legal bill to make it happen. 

Think long and hard before getting married at all. To anyone.

One the topic of Danielle misrepresenting her finances:

Mohammed knew Danielle was broke before coming.  I remember he bought shoes for one of her daughters before the show began. He said it in a TH. So he's just throwing a Mo pity party when he claims she lied about that

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

It makes me so uncomfortable!   As does, well, everything Danielle does, as well as the posed serious shots of her that they use to introduce segments.

Yes!  They're kind of weird and unreal, like a nightmare.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, millennium said:

This show is so much more interesting than the mother ship.

Devar and Melanie:  I don't know what the preview for next week is all about, but Melanie deserves to have Devar leave her and take all her money.   I couldn't believe she sat there and said nothing as ugly Beverly interrogated Devar about his relationship with his sisters.   He was way more understanding than I would have been.   I would have shown Beverly the door and invited her oafish sister to join her if she didn't like it.    Thank you, show, for repeatedly showing the clip of Devar's sisters laughing at Melanie.   It's the highlight of the season.

Danielle and Mohammed:  Danielle is like the Terminator.   She learns Mohammed's address and is immediately out the door to hunt him down.   It's a novel twist on the old saying: If Mohammed won't come to the mountain, the mountain must go to Mohammed.

It's hard to stomach Mohammed's "free agent" routine.   I wish the show would explain where he gets money to live and travel.   He never seems to want for anything.   It was cringeworthy when he said he had no pictures of Danielle (which I don't believe for a moment); he just didn't want to show Danielle's picture to those young ladies for fear it would diminish his appeal in their eyes. 

Russ and Paola:  I'm on Team Paola.   I like her a lot and think she'd be a blast to hang out with.   Russ is like an old wet mop that's starting to smell funky.   Homework for Russ:  Try to complete three sentences without using the phrase "my family."   Paola, I don't mean to criticize but a refrigerator magnet and shot glass make a "Somebody Went to Florida and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt" gift seem positively thoughtful.

Kyle and Noon: Boring.

Alexei and Loren:  When Loren told Alexei's family about her Tourettes and everyone was being so supportive, I was fooled into thinking, wow, Loren has come a long way from the entitled little princess she used to be.   So much for that.

CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING (sucks because I am at work).......

• Love 1
7 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I think that the younger sister is a wife or babymama

Based on Devar's stubborn determination to provide financial support to Punkeshar, and her seemingly sense of entitlement, you just might be on to something. 

• Love 4
On 10/31/2016 at 0:11 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Pao is just as bad at couples dicussions/negotiations as Nicole.  Two big babies unable to compromise, or have a rational discussion without always cutting the other one off.

Russ behaved like a decent, intelligent, caring man should.  She was a petulant baby. Her "career" in Miami is a joke.

Marrying a sexy Columbian that likes to flaunt her body then complaining when said Columbian acts sexy and flaunts her body is the act of a stupid, petulant baby.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

So some think he broke the law and is married to two different women? Or just that he may have kids with his "sister?" I will never use the word "babymama."

#wordsIwishwoulddie

• Love 4
On 10/31/2016 at 1:40 PM, funky-rat said:

That's not what I heard when I watched it this morning.  I heard driver.  I didn't hear diver, and that would make no sense.  Did he say this anywhere other than on the show?

I heard DRIVER, but the tv said DIVER. I thought both were weird.  If he can drive then he can easily take classes to get his CDL, don't think he needs a green card for that?

20 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I read "diver" in the subtitles, so that's what I'm going with. I don't think that little sister is a sister, I think she's a little closer to Devar than Melanie realizes.

That is totally his sister.  She looks EXACTLY like him.  She's Devar with a wig and boobs.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I heard DRIVER, but the tv said DIVER. I thought both were weird.  If he can drive then he can easily take classes to get his CDL, don't think he needs a green card for that?

That is totally his sister.  She looks EXACTLY like him.  She's Devar with a wig and boobs.

I heard Driver too, but someone else said that Devar was talking further about underwater welding.  I don't recall that, but I don't watch the "expanded" episodes or follow anyone on social media.  He's nowhere near any place where he could be doing underwater welding, but is in an area where he could do quite well as a CDL driver.

On 10/31/2016 at 6:11 PM, deltaburkefan said:

Is it 50/50 for everything obtained/earned during the marriage if it's not a community property state (I.e., California)? I don't think so...

Eta: yep, only western states are community property. PA is definitely not. 

https://communityproperty.uslegal.com/laws-governing-community-property/non-community-property-states/

I live in Wisconsin, and it is a community property state as well -- definitely not "western".

It was absolutely Diver (as in deep water) but I think Driver would make better sense for him for is has no other skills. 

And where is he going to be taking these deep water diving classes that required you to be a US Citizen?

17 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It was absolutely Diver (as in deep water) but I think Driver would make better sense for him for is has no other skills. 

And where is he going to be taking these deep water diving classes that required you to be a US Citizen?

Mel said they needed to wait for his green card so he could apply for financial aid. The programs to get certified as a commercial diver and welder (which he mentioned last year) are quite expensive 25k plus.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2016 at 7:28 PM, balisticnikki said:

https://www.justia.com/family/divorce/docs/equitable-distribution-faq.html maybe 50/50, but not necessarily. And I think if you divorce without going to court, you can have something entirely different. So basically, if Melanie earned the majority of the assets, it seems like this is something that would be taken into account, unlike in community property states where it isn't. 

3 hours ago, bellenoire said:

I live in Wisconsin, and it is a community property state as well -- definitely not "western".

Yes, Wisconsin is an exception, but it's generally something associated with the West. 

Edited by deltaburkefan
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2016 at 5:04 AM, millennium said:

I'm on Team Paola.   I like her a lot and think she'd be a blast to hang out with.   Russ is like an old wet mop that's starting to smell funky.

Me too.  I think she's adorable and full of fun.  Your description of Russ made me choke on my mouthful of Special K.  Pao is way too good for him.

• Love 2
On 11/1/2016 at 9:25 AM, balisticnikki said:

I think you're misunderstanding it. In community property states AND separate property states, everything earned during the marriage is 50-50 marital asset. But in community property states, that which was earned prior to the marriage is also marital asset. So either way, he will get 50% of everything earned during the marriage, even if he never makes a penny.

I apologize in advance, I'm a lawyer but:

That's not true. At least in CA, It's everything earned during the marriage, with some exceptions like inheritances and things designated by the couple to be separate property. In PA, which is "equitable distribution" a judge decides what's fair. So it could be anything for Melanie and Devar. Personally I think Devar should get a premium for having to put up with Melanie and Bev for as long as he did.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gunderda said:

Perhaps Devar has children and to keep Mel from finding out, he is using Punkeshar as the go between.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Perhaps Devar has children and to keep Mel from finding out, he is using Punkeshar as the go between.

I think he just really wants to help out his sister because it's something that he said he would do.

Jamaica has the Internet and FB, I can't imagine he has been on this show twice filming in Jamaica and no one has posted anything remotely credible that he has a second family and/or kids in Jamaica.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, aurora296 said:

Did it look like Daya kept hiding her stomach area this episode, like they are covering up a pregnancy, planning to spring that news later?

I thought so, too.  Even in this last episode, when they were sitting on the park bench, she held her purse in her lap, rather than sitting it next to her.  I thought it was an obvious device to cover a bulging belly.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Based on Devar's stubborn determination to provide financial support to Punkeshar, and her seemingly sense of entitlement, you just might be on to something. 

wow I think you may be right. wow....

• Love 1

I know other people have said this...but Paola doesn't HAVE a modeling career yet.  She has some halfway decent portfolio pictures and an agency that's willing to send her out.  Maybe she should see if she gets any bookings before insisting upon moving to Miami for her career. 

• Love 2

Nope - no career yet. I think she's naturally beautiful (unlike Anfisa), but there's a lot of "hopeful" models like her in Miami. I actually think she'd have better luck in Oklahoma, where she probably stands out more.

I thought it was funny how she said she felt too sexy to be a "Mom" model. My husband and I keep referring to Tony's girlfriend Irina in the Sopranos. "They said I was too old - could maybe do salad spinner". My husband is very good at imitations (even young Russian females) - so it cracks me up every time. He polishes it off with Tony's "oh shit" reply.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Selfish, how?

Exactly. If Russ is trying to drown her fire, then I don't like it at all. I'd fight with a man over that point. My hubs wouldn't want me modeling in my scanties being photographed by men, either. Russ seems like a nice guy, albeit a provincial fuddy duddy. I don't know why she keeps insisting that a paid for by her folio is a "career". If she said she wanted to be a model and that's her "dream", I'd have no problem with her saying that. If she follows her dream and it doesn't work out, then so be that. She can't blame Russ for that. If he holds her back, that's another thing. That said, she should respect the boundaries he sets around that. 

No reputable agency would make a model do something that makes him/her uncomfortable.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She should've pursued those dreams before marriage. She could care less what her husband thinks & wants to move where she wants to move for a "career" she doesn't have & probably won't. She does not care about Russ' opinion, & he's entitled to an opinion as her husband. If she wanted to live for herself & her own interests she should not have married him (or anyone for that matter). She got downright nasty with him when he was just expressing concerns & wanting to discuss it. Spouses should be able to do that. She also allowed her parents to mock him & openly enjoyed it, which was incredibly rude & disrespectful.

If he had done any of these things to her he'd be strung up by the family jewels.

If this isn't a story line, which it just might be, but if not, she's way out of line.

But that's my own opinion.

I agree 100%

• Love 8