Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

So, Luann knew she was going to marry Tom within a week of meeting him. Ok I guess they were meant to be...

Oxygen giving Bethenny a show so she can get her story out there? For goodness sakes. So they think she would shoot someone and they want to film it? 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I loved Jules response ro bethennys declaration that she can say and do anything she wanted.  Basically by saying that bethenny will look bad if doing that...which you could tell had an effect on Bethenny.

I want Heather back over Bethenny.  She could be snarky and too honest...but she had more warmth and was more nuturing..imho.  

Would love to see Heather back as well, and Beth and Carole. I would love to see that dynamic. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, izabella said:

I ended up liking Jules A LOT, and thought she was a breath of fresh air for this franchise.  Naturally, that means she must be gone immediately. 

Show is getting stale, Andy.  Nobody had a single interesting thing going on except for Lu.  Time for a refresh, with lots of new people. 

Carole, Sonja, and Ramona had nothing going on and will never have anything going on because they don't do anything.  They can all go.  Bethy should go, she doesn't have anything she will allow on camera that isn't related to Skinnycrap or her victimology (fibroid victim, apartment crying victim, Mama Wolf's victim, Lu's victim, John's victim, Dorinda's victim, victim of Jules' ED....pick your favorite victim theme and Bethy will claim she is a victim of it), and there is nothing fun or funny about her.  Lu can stay for now since she earned her apple this season by virtue of being Bethy's punching bag and handling it by giving zero fucks about what Bethy has to say and for outing Bethy's affair and home-wrecking.

Keep Dorinda and Jules and start over with new women, preferably actual HouseWIVES and preferably one or two others that are younger so there is more of a mix of people and interests and activities.

I agree about Jules. I couldn't stand her first episode.  But I came to love her and damn it, she looked drop dead gorgeous at the reunion.  I"m bummed she isn't going to be on the show again.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think the point was that Jules meant it as an insult. There is no shame in Carole being old enough to be Jules mother.  Just like there is no shame in Lu liking to have a lot of sex. Lu was slut shamed, which isn't cool.  Carole was age shamed, which also isn't cool. At the time Jules made her comment, folks around here were plenty pissed about it. For some reason, Carole is wrong to have an opinion about it. Makes zero sense to me. 

LOL.  Yeah for some reason people get outraged when Lu is slut shamed but are virtually cheering and fist pumping when Dorinda attempted to age-shame Carole (even though.... whatever Doris, you are the same age) at the reunion.  Hello to the double standard!

2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Meh, it is open season for these girls, too old, too skinny, too rich, too poor....

Jules was responding to the hostile climate.

Carole besides being boring imo is way too touchy about her age as well as in denial.

How exactly is she in denial when she's openly admitted she has "5 good summers left"? 

11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Will & Grace reference?

I prefer Eliot's "I Told you So" dance from Scrubs! :)

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7
On 9/8/2016 at 1:15 AM, zoeysmom said:

The most glaring example of Sonja being delusional was her comment about wanting to go to the engagement party and FLIRT with Tom and he was so uncomfortable,  Sonja you are not suppose to FLIRT with the groom.  Of course he was uncomfortable you were dressed in a ridiculous dress with your breasts hanging out with the entire room knowing the history between the two of you.

I think Tom was pretty clear with Sonja and it wasn't blackmail, it was notice that she was welcome at the wedding but park the dramatics.  No couple should have to worry about a well-wisher who has repeatedly misrepresented a relationship with the groom, if not inviting her is the solution so be it.  What outrageous thing will she say next?  Will she expect the first dance with the groom?  Or maybe the bride?

Sonja claims to have banged him five times in 10 years.  How does that constitute a lover?  Sonja need s to come to grips with grown up terms-she was a piece of ass or he was a piece of ass.  To keep trying to crap on your friend's relationship with these delusional claims does her no favors.  I noticed there was deafening silence from the Bethenny couch as Andy counted down the numbers.  Not one person called her out. 

PREACH!

My God can we cut with the outrage of how terrible Tom is.

I get it he slipped up but to be honest the only thing I hold against Tom is his stupid stupid indiscretion at the Regency. I DO NOT add it to what's supposed to be some "questionable" behavior regarding his associations with Sonja and Ramona.

I look at it this way. Had there been no Ramona and Sonja timeline scandal being talked about ad  nauseum for the days up until Tom's indiscretion and everyone was just going on business as usual. Barking about SkinnyGirl credit claims, Carole's boy toy Dorinda's sweaty dude Jules silverware calzone and then this bomb dropped would it be as critical as it is now?

I know, I know it still would have still had an impact cause well ya know it was stupid but had it been considered this one isolated incident would it seem all that crazy that Lu has worked it out easily and worked through it? I believe that's how Lu's treating it. I'm not trying to dumbly defend Tom but to me there seems to be more red flags than there actually are. I see that one really big red flag but still just one. The others consider the inflated scandalous behavior revolving around his involvement with Ro and So which has now really amounted to NO red flags. Ramona can't be believed and Sonja exaggerated plain and simple.

So what we do have is Tom's stupid mistake and a history of playing the field. A history that gets cancelled out by Lu's history of playing the field and all you have left is Tom's stupid mistake (yeah, and timing.. Baaaaddd) but that's all we have. The rest was trumped up bullshit in order to stick it to Lu and highlight a non existent triangle (square?) scandal.

I don't know. I just don't really think it's such a big deal that Lu has decided to move forward with Tom.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Meh, it is open season for these girls, too old, too skinny, too rich, too poor....

Jules was responding to the hostile climate.

Carole besides being boring imo is way too touchy about her age as well as in denial.

As touchy as Carole is about the age situation there are RH who had children in their teens, Kyle Richards had a daughter at 19, Tamra Judge had a son at 18, Kim Zolciak was 18 or 19, Jacqueline Laurita was 19, so Jules or Dorinda assertion is not that far afield of reality with the entire franchise.  It is not as if it is totally unheard of to become a parent at 18 years.

Kyle Richards was born in 1969, and Bethenny was born in 1970, Kyle's daughter was born in 1988, so would Bethenny consider Farrah a contemporary or more of a daughter?  Jules was presented as a contemporary of the other women, just as Adam was presented as a contemporary of Luann's niece (someone young enough to be Luann's daughter).  The statement is factually true that Carole is old enough to be Jules mother, just as Adam is young enough to be her son.  I believe Carole is speaking as to the context in which they were introduced.  Here is Jules blog about the elderly comment:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/julianne-wainstein/julianne-wainstein-how-did-this-go  Jules expectations of her co-stars and their childish behavior led to the elderly crack.

• Love 13

I don't consider Jules' age comments to be age shaming. She wasn't poking fun at the women's ages for the hell of it. At least all of the times I can recall, she referenced their ages because she was surprised that women so far along in life could behave so stupidly. It's no different than telling a teenager that they're old enough to know the difference between right or wrong. Yeah, well all of those women have enough life experience that they should know how to behave in public, to be respectful when speaking. They know better, they should do better - that is what it all boils down. Jules using terms like 'elderly' I see it as an attempt to really highlight the juvenile behaviour of the other women, in contrast for someone who is at least a decade younger than them, Jules has displayed much better decorum toward the other women and handled herself infinitely better when shit was hitting the fan. 

Her constant need to showcase her identity became a running joke but all that said, I do like Jules. She's a genuinely likeable person to me. She's a girl's girl. She's not petty or sitting at the edge of her seat wanting to gossip about the one woman that isn't in the room. When she's with her friends, she wants to have fun. That's it. 

• Love 23
45 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

LOL.  Yeah for some reason people get outraged when Lu is slut shamed but are virtually cheering and fist pumping when Dorinda attempted to age-shame Carole (even though.... whatever Doris, you are the same age) at the reunion.  Hello to the double standard!

How exactly is she in denial when she's openly admitted she has "5 good summers left"? 

I prefer Eliot's "I Told you So" dance from Scrubs! :)

If she was not in denial, she would not have picked that dreadful dress!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, shoegal said:

I don't think Jules' jokes about the women taking their menopausal medication was at her expense....using menopause as an insult is just an asshole move.  When Brandi did it on RHOBH she was rightfully ripped for it.....but Jules it barely registers. 

Here's the thing Jules, if you are lucky enough to make it to menopause, you should thank your lucky stars.  Age isn't anything to be ashamed of and it's certainly shitty to use as an insult. I would think a woman who worried so much about her own life and fertility would be a little more sensitive.   

Awwww, are the mean girls too sensitive to take a little menopausal ribbing??

Shoot, I'm in the throws of menopause myself and it's been crappy at times, but it's a fact of life and I wouldn't boohoo about some obnoxious joking if I dished out the kind of shit both Bethenny and Carole have on Jules. What a couple of pussies, just wave Jules off and carry on! There are worse things in life, geez  

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, msblossom said:

Shoot, I'm in the throws of menopause myself and it's been crappy at times, but it's a fact of life and I wouldn't boohoo about some obnoxious joking if I dished out the kind of shit both Bethenny and Carole have on Jules. What a couple of pussies, just wave Jules off and carry on! There are worse things in life, geez  

Yes like being a whore fuckdoll. hahaha

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

If she was not in denial, she would not have picked that dreadful dress!

ha I think bad fashion choices can happen whether somebody is in denial about their age or not.  Her reunion dress was certainly a miss (for me).

But if we're judging "age denial" by "poor fashion choices" then Ramona and Sonja must think they are 25!

• Love 4

tumblr_od7das8CIE1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

From Realitytvgifs.

This was my favorite moment of the season!  It kind of said it all.  When those pre-planned moments turn to epic fail for all of us to see.  :D :D :D

giggling...remind me of other special moments please. 

• Love 11

SERIOUSLY !!????  Sonja only boinked Tom 5 times in a 10 year period and she's carrying on like this?  Sonja should be profoundly ashamed of herself.  Now, I know Sonja's entitled to her own feelings but DAMN.  If you're crying and sobbing over 5 sleep overs during a period of a DECADE you've got issues GF! and are in need some serious couch time.

I was actually feeling sorry for Sonja.  The way she painted her "relationship" with Tom made it seem like they were sexually intimate on the very regular over a ten year period.  Sonja was just a lay and a very once in a blue moon fuck buddy at that.  I mean, dang.  Sonja and Tom weren't even friends-with-benefits on the regular.  Ramona is delusional and so is Sonja.  They both need to shut it.  I know both Ramona and Sonja are tres desperate for story lines this season so that may explain the over exaggeration regarding Tom on both their parts.

In other news, I still hate Bethenny's guts with the fire of a thousand suns and am sad to see Jules go.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, msblossom said:

Carole didn't make a huge deal out of it. She didn't say she called a co-worker to cry about it all night and that her feelings were so hurt (like Dorinda about the "ghost" comment).  She said she didn't like it, which most people can understand. She didn't scream, didn't point her finger in anyone's face. She stated her opinion, which was consistent with the opinions of most people on this forum at the time that Jules said it. Getting all worked up because Carole didn't like it is truly tits on an ant, IMO. If she were well loved and popular and said the exact same thing, folks wouldn't have a problem with it at all because it was a fairly normal reaction. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, Luann knew she was going to marry Tom within a week of meeting him. Ok I guess they were meant to be...

Oxygen giving Bethenny a show so she can get her story out there? For goodness sakes. So they think she would shoot someone and they want to film it? 

I hope Bethenny does go over to Oxygen.  Who watches that channel anyway?  I forgot Oxygen even existed.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

PREACH!

My God can we cut with the outrage of how terrible Tom is.

I get it he slipped up but to be honest the only thing I hold against Tom is his stupid stupid indiscretion at the Regency. I DO NOT add it to what's supposed to be some "questionable" behavior regarding his associations with Sonja and Ramona.

I look at it this way. Had there been no Ramona and Sonja timeline scandal being talked about ad  nauseum for the days up until Tom's indiscretion and everyone was just going on business as usual. Barking about SkinnyGirl credit claims, Carole's boy toy Dorinda's sweaty dude Jules silverware calzone and then this bomb dropped would it be as critical as it is now?

I know, I know it still would have still had an impact cause well ya know it was stupid but had it been considered this one isolated incident would it seem all that crazy that Lu has worked it out easily and worked through it? I believe that's how Lu's treating it. I'm not trying to dumbly defend Tom but to me there seems to be more red flags than there actually are. I see that one really big red flag but still just one. The others consider the inflated scandalous behavior revolving around his involvement with Ro and So which has now really amounted to NO red flags. Ramona can't be believed and Sonja exaggerated plain and simple.

So what we do have is Tom's stupid mistake and a history of playing the field. A history that gets cancelled out by Lu's history of playing the field and all you have left is Tom's stupid mistake (yeah, and timing.. Baaaaddd) but that's all we have. The rest was trumped up bullshit in order to stick it to Lu and highlight a non existent triangle (square?) scandal.

I don't know. I just don't really think it's such a big deal that Lu has decided to move forward with Tom.

I wouldn't say the emphasis is on his behavior as much as the combination of the overall sketchiness of blurring the details of events that he's stated weren't significant + Lu's dismissal of the women's credibility when confronted with it.    Sonja's memories cannot be relied upon, but Ramona has no trouble with recall (she even brought an ass-warmed crumpled up receipt), regardless each of them easily named at least 5 instances when they'd been with him versus his claim of ONCE for each.  Neither of which he disclosed to Lu upfront.   The point of any of that is:  he's a liar.   You don't purposely obscure the details of a thing that doesn't matter.   It doesn't matter, remember?   It's not that complicated to me either, if you're about to marry a liar, you should know that.   She chooses to believe him because the alternative disturbs the investment of her fantasy.   And that's her prerogative but I don't think the current fire is about her choice.   Dorinda was like ok even with all ya'll are saying at the end of the day she's marrying this man.  We're all clear on that.   Since getting back from Miami though, she (and he) worked to make the other women look bad for delivering a message when the problem is the message.   It's not her choice of salvation that makes me sad for her, it does, but not as sad as that this is too youngirl/chickenheadish for Luann's life stage and for someone who has already made the conscious decision to put it behind her.     If it's behind you quit getting in your feelings when these chicks try it and simply don't feed em. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, beesknees said:

SERIOUSLY !!????  Sonja only boinked Tom 5 times in a 10 year period and she's carrying on like this?  Sonja should be profoundly ashamed of herself.

I'm going to get my megaphone now and and proclaim far and wide:  I TOLD YOU SO! 

(not you, personally, beesknees, the plural "you"). 

Sonja has always been delusional and exaggerated about partying with John-John and P Diddy, and about her business ventures and perfumes for Nigerian soccer teams, and Madonna coming to her hole-in-the-wall fashion show (as if!).  I knew, and thought it was patently obvious, that she was making a mountain out of a grain of sand with this Tom stuff.  Either she truly is delusional, wanted to make herself seem more desirable than she is, or she wanted to glom onto Lu's engagement as a story line for herself because she has zip otherwise. 

I am not the least bit surprised she lied, lied, lied and yes, she absolutely should be ashamed of herself.  My god, the water works she turned on to mourn Tom while on that boat!  Romona hugging and comforting Sonja for her lost lover!  All for 5 shags AT MOST?!  I don't blame Lu for giving zero fucks about Sonja's poor, hurt feelings that Tom didn't flirt with her at his engagement party.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 17

It's that time again folks! Time for your mods to remind you to play nice, respect each other's opinions and for our sanity please, please, please, if you see something you think is offensive REPORT don't ENGAGE! And as always don't forget you're totally free to put anyone (other than mods) on your Ignore list and never read their posts again! Or, just skim past them on your own! That's fine too! 

4 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'm going to get my megaphone now and and proclaim far and wide:  I TOLD YOU SO! 

(not you, personally, beesknees, the plural "you"). 

Sonja has always been delusional and exaggerated about partying with John-John and P Diddy, and about her business ventures and perfumes for Nigerian soccer teams, and Madonna coming to her hole-in-the-wall fashion show (as if!).  I knew, and thought it was patently obvious, that she was making a mountain out of a grain of sand with this Tom stuff.  Either she truly is delusional, wanted to make herself seem more desirable than she is, or she wanted to glom onto Lu's engagement as a story line for herself because she has zip otherwise. 

I am not the least bit surprised she lied, lied, lied and yes, she absolutely should be ashamed of herself.  My god, the water works she turned on to mourn Tom while on that boat!  All for 5 shags AT MOST?!  I don't blame Lu for giving zero fucks about Sonja's poor, hurt feelings that Tom didn't flirt with her at his engagement party.

From Carole's thread. Don't know how we ended up chewing this over there but here it is:

23 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Personally, I believe (but don't care) that she and Tom were together more than 5 times.   We all know Sonja is an exaggeratress extraordinaire, but she's also highly suggestible.   As she was trying to remember how often it had been, the rest of em were like was it 15 times, 10? 5?   I think they may have put the number in her mouth (keep the jokes to yourselves) and it's actually higher but at this point it's only twisting the knife for Lu.

33 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I feel the same. Don't care (much) but I believe Tom really did run into Sonja and say, "Look.  I've copped to knocking boots with you.  But you either say it was under 5 times, or it'll cause trouble between you and Lu.  And you'll not be invited to the wedding."

Lu admits that Tom is was a playboy.  If he and Sonja have been friends for 10 years, both single, both horny - I'm guessing it was more than 5 times over all those years.  Yeah, Sonja is an exaggeratress but Tom is a proven liar.  With his pants on fire.  For Housewives.

7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Girl please, they soooooo backed her into a number.   It might not even be 10 years.  It's just years, you don't keep track with a jump off, but 5 times.   He took Ramona out more than that, and that was just dinner.

The bolded is, imo, a valid point made by ZaldamoWilder. I find it hard to believe, nay, impossible that he took Moaner out 3 or 5 times in as many weeks but he only shagged Sonja 5 times over 10 years? 

• Love 6

Well, Sonja was crying and carrying on like she and Tom were dear friends and regular lovers for 10 years (that's why I believed her and felt badly for her).  I sincerely HOPE that they screwed more than 5, 10, 15x over a period of a decade or Sonja with a sexy J is in need of some intensive therapy.

Maybe it's true Tom muscled Sonja into agreeing to lie/seriously downplay the number of times they actually slept together.  I wouldn't put it past him.  Look what he did to Dorinda.  I was just surprised initially because I didn't hear the "5x over 10 year" thing.  I was trying to get my kids to bed during the reunion and must have missed it.  I am not liking Tom.  He seems like a snake.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, beesknees said:

Maybe it's true Tom muscled Sonja into agreeing to lie/seriously downplay the number of times they actually slept together.  I wouldn't put it past him.  Looked what he did to Dorinda.  

True.  Tom did try to bully Dorinda into acting as his spokesperson. It's not hard to believe he would do the same thing to Sonja. And Sonja is a lot more desperate to remain involved with Luann in order to keep that much-needed paycheck rolling in. So I can see her deciding to give in to Tom's demands, whereas Dorinda flatly refused and told people what he asked her to do and how he threatened her when she wouldn't agree to do his bidding.

I don't know if Luann knew about Tom possibly forcing Sonja to lie about how many times they were together, but she knows about what he said to Dorinda.  It's just hard to believe she is with this guy who is not only a cheater, but a real asshole to other women as well.  How long before he threatens her with some kind of punishment or public humiliation if she doesn't do what he tells her?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9

On Reddit, someone came out with the theory that he was taking his coupon firm public and was looking for publicity.

As far as Sonja he was just part of her rotating roster of people to sleep with. 

10 times or a hundred times, I don't see the difference ,

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

True.  Tom did try to bully Dorinda into acting as his spokesperson. It's not hard to believe he would do the same thing to Sonja. And Sonja is a lot more desperate to remain involved with Luann in order to keep that much-needed paycheck rolling in. So I can see her deciding to give in to Tom's demands.

I don't know if Luann knew about Tom possibly forcing Sonja to lie about how many times they were together, but she knows about what he said to Dorinda.  It's just hard to believe she is with this guy who is not only a cheater, but a real asshole to other women as well.  How long before he threatens her with some kind of punishment public humiliation if she doesn't do what he tells her?

Yeah, co-sign on all of this.  Sonja is desperate for air time (i.e. - being invited to LuAnn's wedding which will prolly drag on into two episodes I suspect).  Sonja has ZERO this season in the way of a story line where as Dorinda told Tom to fuck-off (paraphrasing) when he tried muscling her into lying.  Dorinda is more financially stable than Sonja.  Doris doesn't need the Bravo paycheck like Sonja does.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

This is a very good point; however, I think the reason why she gets high fived her is because although every now and then Carole will make a comment on the age difference w/Adam, Carole herself has made many cracks about Ramona's age as if Carole is much, much younger.  

So in the case of Lu slut shaming, I think the difference here is that while Bethenny wants her to "own" it, I think Lu has indeed owned that she has a healthy libido.  She doesn't appear to be hiding it even though clearly she was trying to hide the Pirate b/c she was in a relationship. Whereas with Carole, I sometimes get the impression that she still thinks she's a 20 something and everyone else in the cast is much older.  And I don't think Dorinda's comment was really age-shaming Carole either.  What she said was fact; what Bethenny said was a gross generalization on someone who has a healthy sex life and is single.  Although I suspect that Dorinda said what she did because like me, she probably thinks Carole views herself as a much younger person than her chronological age.

Jules was blasted all over this board (including me) for her age shaming comments.  That's the biggest reason I didn't like her in the beginning.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13

Is it known yet if LuLu's wedding is going to be on NYC or a separate show? 

And, what is that little clip that they showed at the end with Ramona asking LuLu if she really wants to know if it were to happen again?  (The Regency)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, beesknees said:

Yeah, co-sign on all of this.  Sonja is desperate for air time (i.e. - being invited to LuAnn's wedding which will prolly drag on into two episodes I suspect).  Sonja has ZERO this season in the way of a story line where as Dorinda told Tom to fuck-off (paraphrasing) when he tried muscling her into lying.  Dorinda is more financially stable than Sonja.  Doris doesn't need the Bravo paycheck like Sonja does.

Not to drift off topic, but I just want to say that as nuts and sad as Sonja is, part of me is rooting for her to land a really big fish (maybe one with a legitimate title!) and have it be true love and everyone just has watch her have her Lady Edith moment and just ... suck it!  Luann especially!  

I know the chances are slim but it would make a great ending to her story.  I won't even get into the ending that would serve Luann and Tom right, though, because I don't want to be chastised for not being a well-wisher, lol

• Love 15

IMO, Jules was age shaming with her supposed jokes.  Dorinda was not age shaming at the reunion when Carole said something about them being in the same generation.  Dorinda was just making the point that they're not.  Carole is old enough to be Jules' mother.

Comparing Jules random stupid jokes about age does not compare to the slut shaming of Lu.  That was vicious.  It wasn't a joke and was never meant as a joke. 

Also, Beth's response to Jules about her making fun of being older was that if Jules can dish it out about menopausal medicine then Jules should be able to deal with people talking about her weight.  Sorry, I disagree with that comparison as well.  As Jules responded, that's a whole different level.  I also think it's another dismissal of ED's and that goes back to her resentment of her mother.  Seems to me that Beth thinks that a person with an ED can just decide get over it.  It's not that simple and she refuses to get that because she then would have to recognize that her childhood wasn't all her mother's 'fault' and Beth wasn't the only 'victim'.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 22

In regards to the topic of doing a cast overhaul, I don't agree with that.  It'd be too much like watching a entire new show.  I wouldn't like that.   I don't even watch new housewives shows because it's too much of a pain getting to know new people.

Ramona HAS to stay.  I'm sorry but that chick does something at least once every episode that just cracks me up.  Sonja can stay because I like her and when her and Ramona are buddies they are gold!  Bethenny can stay only if the others agree to stop kissing her ass and stand up to the big bully.  I would love to see a Bethenny take down.  That's the only way I would want her back.  I wish Jules would stay but that's only for my own selfish reasons.  I like her.  I like how she stands up to Bethenny.  But she does have a lot of problems going on right now so it would probably be better for her to stay off the show and handle her stuff.

• Love 6

24 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Is it known yet if LuLu's wedding is going to be on NYC or a separate show? 

I still say there isn't going to be a wedding.

20 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not to drift off topic, but I just want to say that as nuts and sad as Sonja is, part of me is rooting for her to land a really big fish (maybe one with a legitimate title!) and have it be true love and everyone just has watch her have her Lady Edith moment and just ... suck it!  Luann especially!  

I know the chances are slim but it would make a great ending to her story.  I won't even get into the ending that would serve Luann and Tom right, though, because I don't want to be chastised for not being a well-wisher, lol

Me, too.  All that.  I think she's beautiful and fun and intelligent.  Sure she's got a whack past but that's all behind her now.  Laying off the hooch will hopefully lead to her to stop talking about Nigerian football teams.  I also think, deep down, she's a loyal friend but this show has made her desperate and she needs the money.  So nuggets like, (cringe) "Of course you do drugs. Everyone knows that." come flying out her mouth.  Oh, Sone.

It amazes me how these 'friends' can go after each other like that and then hug it out.  It's got to be an act.  Or like Beth said, "It's a weird universe.".

• Love 9

Reunion Part 2 Jules highlight & flashbacks.

I think Dorinda + dirty martinis + alleged substances = blabbermouth. She is still lucid enough to twist the story to be self-beneficial. I do also think Dorinda is the one who told Bethenny & Carole about Jules “marital” issues to set them up and believing that they repeated ON film what she said. Dorinda then went back to Jules to say that Carole & Bethenny were saying negative things about her marriage…hence the Joanne’s meltdown. The sad thing for Jules is that it was herself and Dorinda that were the ones to bring up her marital issues on camera.

I do think Jules came on the show knowing they were headed for divorce. She was just blindsided as he filed first. Her lawyers have not counter filed with adultery as the grounds for divorce, as that is too difficult to prove.

I also think her schtick and selling point to come onto RHNY were…I’m a stay at home super mom, Asian, Jewish, rich, business entrepreneur. 

What she ended up showing was her own ineptness in the kitchen, she doesn’t know how to make coffee or tea yet we are supposed to believe she can make her cleanse.

Her BravoTV apt tour, she was very sure to show the Kosher Kitchen and how observant they are.  She’s Jewish but she said she was going to hell for almost eating shrimp…there is no “hell’ in Judaism only Gehinnom and it’s not the same thing. She remembers the sugar and junk food for the trip to the Hamptons but does not remember to bring bread and wine for prayer.

She wanted to portray a Supermom but she doesn’t know how to bathe her kids. She can’t get her son to eat a bagel but allows him to have popsicles for dinner. We only have her word on Michael’s bad parenting skills – but have her own actions on film. We have not seen Michael ever treat her or her children badly ON film. She talked about Michael being on the phone ALL the time – yet the only scene on film where he is on his phone is during the Dorinda/John dinner. She fell apart when she was nannyless. Her question to a nanny candidate was if she was willing to stand on a sample sale line and does she know how to do blowouts

I am not saying she does not love her children and does not deserve primary care of her children. But I am saying I don’t think Michael is a bad parent just because Jules says so.

Jules of all of the women on the reunion wins best dressed and best hair and makeup. Her pics from her own Twitter and Instagram show a downward spiral. She’s lost her hair and now wears lace front wigs. She appears emaciated. I hope she has a strong support system around her.

I don’t think Bravo fired her – they simply chose to NOT renew her contract.

Why does Jules say these last 10 years of marriage when in the Fiesta Finale the question was what is Michael getting you for your 8 is a lucky number anniversary?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Just read this regarding Jule's divorce.  I put the link in Jule's thread, too, so someone just yell at me if I should delete it here. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/real-housewives-jules-wainstein-plenty-divorce-deal-article-1.2783829

TAKE IT DOWN!! Just kidding! ;)

Cripes, housewives aren't the only cruel ones.  That article says the husband agreed to pay the housing expenses for the wafer thin celebrity.  Then towards the end of the article it describes what she wore to court and says she was wearing black bell bottoms that hung off her.  Why the cruel digs?  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I still say there isn't going to be a wedding.

Me, too.  All that.  I think she's beautiful and fun and intelligent.  Sure she's got a whack past but that's all behind her now.  Laying off the hooch will hopefully lead to her to stop talking about Nigerian football teams.  I also think, deep down, she's a loyal friend but this show has made her desperate and she needs the money.  So nuggets like, (cringe) "Of course you do drugs. Everyone knows that." come flying out her mouth.  Oh, Sone.

It amazes me how these 'friends' can go after each other like that and then hug it out.  It's got to be an act.  Or like Beth said, "It's a weird universe.".

It's totally an act.  Sonja doesn't hang out with any of these people when they aren't shooting.  These people are not friends.

I would feel a lot more sorry for Sonja if she hadn't defrauded all those movie people out of millions with her self-aggrandizing BS and that is why she is broke now.  She got plenty from her ex and pissed it away with her fraudulent attempts to fool people into making a movie.  I will never give her a pass on her delusions when she hurts people with them and brushes it off as if it were nothing.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Sai said:

In regards to the topic of doing a cast overhaul, I don't agree with that.  It'd be too much like watching a entire new show.  I wouldn't like that.   I don't even watch new housewives shows because it's too much of a pain getting to know new people.

Ramona HAS to stay.  I'm sorry but that chick does something at least once every episode that just cracks me up.  Sonja can stay because I like her and when her and Ramona are buddies they are gold!  Bethenny can stay only if the others agree to stop kissing her ass and stand up to the big bully.  I would love to see a Bethenny take down.  That's the only way I would want her back.  I wish Jules would stay but that's only for my own selfish reasons.  I like her.  I like how she stands up to Bethenny.  But she does have a lot of problems going on right now so it would probably be better for her to stay off the show and handle her stuff.

The bolded times 10000!!!!

Even at the reunion, when she clapped her hands like a seal and giggled...made me LOL.

She asked Luanne would you really want to know if this happens again?

Luanne has no worries when it comes to the other ladies. Once she and Tom marry, she will be looking at TMZ and ROL hourly for new evil clutchers

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sai said:

TAKE IT DOWN!! Just kidding! ;)

Cripes, housewives aren't the only cruel ones.  That article says the husband agreed to pay the housing expenses for the wafer thin celebrity.  Then towards the end of the article it describes what she wore to court and says she was wearing black bell bottoms that hung off her.  Why the cruel digs?  

LOL, I had just started to take it down.  giggling....I can't make up my minds.   :D

The other line in the article that ticked me off was Michael wanting the weekly food allowance to go to the nanny so that it would be spent on the kids.  Another cheap shot.

RealityTea has two articles up too on this.  Is his girlfriend pregnant? 

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 5
Just now, msblossom said:
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Carole didn't make a huge deal out of it. She didn't say she called a co-worker to cry about it all night and that her feelings were so hurt (like Dorinda about the "ghost" comment).  She said she didn't like it, which most people can understand. She didn't scream, didn't point her finger in anyone's face. She stated her opinion, which was consistent with the opinions of most people on this forum at the time that Jules said it. Getting all worked up because Carole didn't like it is truly tits on an ant, IMO. If she were well loved and popular and said the exact same thing, folks wouldn't have a problem with it at all because it was a fairly normal reaction. 

Carole did have a pretty strong reaction to what Jules said because Carole is clearly hung up on the whole age thing. Her reaction on the reunion was toned down from when she wrote here in her blog where she was clearly stung by Jules age jokes. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-i-want-to-be

• Love 7
On 9/8/2016 at 8:14 AM, mothmonsterman said:

Bethenny started her career playing up the poor girl angle. She was always talking about how she was struggling to pay rent, and how she wasn't stuck up like the other women (she certainly pointed out Luann's superior attitude  a lot).  

Now she is laughing that Jules has a McMansion and that she has no money-she actually screamed that out during the show. 

I thought she felt like she is now great because she is rich, but she is now very willing to admit it. I guess all Bethenny's Skinny Girl fans should knows she looks down on them if they aren't rich. To her that is one of the worst things to be. 

My guess is that was payback for Jules mentioning she and Michael are old money and implying they were much more well off that B.  Saying they had a 20,000 square foot house (exact measurements not remembered but YUGE) compared to Bethenny's 3,000.  She is shading the shade.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

For some reason, Carole is wrong to have an opinion about it. Makes zero sense to me. 

About Jules' age "jokes"?  Who said that?

I thought what was interesting was Carole's reaction to the observation of the gap between her age & Jules'.  She clearly didn't want to acknowledge there is a big gap.  She said, "It's not like we're from different generations".  Not really true, Carole.

When Dorinda pointed out the exact number of years between them is 18 (after Bethenny confidently & WRONGLY blurted out 15), Carole looked dejected & devastated.  Did it have anything to do with Adam being even younger than Jules (5 years)?  Could be.  Just interesting to notice about her.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THIS says more to me about Tom than his wayward tongue.  To me it says he is a controlling asshole who likes to bully to get his way and give ultimatums.  I have been with my husband over 26 years (married 25) and he has gotten into my business ZERO times (he did come between me and my bully ex-landlord who looked like he was going to slug me but THAT is it).  

I think Dorinda has been the one telling EVERYONE'S business and that was B's way of saying push me further and I am busting this wide open.  My impression of D is she is THAT person who tries to buy their way into friendships by giving all the salacious deets on others.  All done with a smile and drunk arm waving.

At any given moment, Dorinda goes Yosemite Sam

giphy.gif

• Love 11

I'm thinking that's where the sting stems from Scoobs. That, and she fancies herself the Carrie Bradshaw of the West Village, who has somewhat of a Peter Pan syndrome herself. 

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, msblossom said:

I'm thinking that's where the sting stems from Scoobs. That, and she fancies herself the Carrie Bradshaw of the West Village, who has somewhat of a Peter Pan syndrome herself. 

I'll be the first to say I'm a sap but I was thinking that Carole never actually thought about her age vs. Adam's or even Jules and that is what hit her.   The age difference yes but not the fact that she could actually be the mother. 

She just may be happy with her relationship with Adam.   I don't know.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

True.  Tom did try to bully Dorinda into acting as his spokesperson. It's not hard to believe he would do the same thing to Sonja. And Sonja is a lot more desperate to remain involved with Luann in order to keep that much-needed paycheck rolling in. So I can see her deciding to give in to Tom's demands, whereas Dorinda flatly refused and told people what he asked her to do and how he threatened her when she wouldn't agree to do his bidding.

I don't know if Luann knew about Tom possibly forcing Sonja to lie about how many times they were together, but she knows about what he said to Dorinda.  It's just hard to believe she is with this guy who is not only a cheater, but a real asshole to other women as well.  How long before he threatens her with some kind of punishment or public humiliation if she doesn't do what he tells her?

It tells me that Lu cares about dick (and spending someone elses money) more than she cares about her friend.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I'll be the first to say I'm a sap but I was thinking that Carole never actually thought about her age vs. Adam's or even Jules and that is what hit her.   The age difference yes but not the fact that she could actually be the mother. 

She just may be happy with her relationship with Adam.   I don't know.

I think Dorinda's comment that Carole could be Jules' mother and pointing out the math of 18 years was seriously stealth slick SHADE.

One to point out that Carole is childless

and two to say you could be Adam's mom

• Love 10