Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL

Well, let me join you at your table (bringing cocktails, plus appetizers!) I think she's turned savage over the years (for whatever reason -- I think possibly untreated post partum + divorce depression +unresolved childhood scars,  myself) and when that savage rage takes hold, the pleasure/ release she gets from that spewing is on display. That slut shaming gave her pleasure; she enjoyed trying to hurt Luann, and the more stoic Luann became -- talking calmly, showing she was not being hurt -- the more savage Bethenny became.  When you won't honestly deal with your hurt/rage/shame up front, the only other option is attacking others, because that emotion must be vented.  And in that venting, she's become an attack dog.  

I think the woman she used to be would see her current self as a monster, and call her out relentlessly for her selfishness and cruelty. She is devolving and along the way,  the only release she gets is savaging other people's sense of self.  

Totally agree with this, but because of it, I feel pity for her.  That's all I got.

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself, if everyone disagrees with you, maybe it's you who is wrong.  And maybe I am. (But I don't think so! ;)

And aww, look at Jelica sitting at the cool girls' table. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jel said:

Totally agree with this, but because of it, I feel pity for her.  That's all I got.

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself, if everyone disagrees with you, maybe it's you who is wrong.  And maybe I am. (But I don't think so! ;)

There are times I pity Bethenny and then I remember she could get help, real help, to make herself happier and less of a black hole sucking the life out of everyone around her and that pity fades away. She chooses to be the way she is at this stage of her life.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There are times I pity Bethenny and then I remember she could get help, real help, to make herself happier and less of a black hole sucking the life out of everyone around her and that pity fades away. She chooses to be the way she is at this stage of her life.

What about if she is getting help, but her psychologist is just really lousy?  

55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm at a point where I know I should pity her, but can't get past her rage.  It's too much.  Just like her sobbing was too much last year.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jel said:

What about if she is getting help, but her psychologist is just really lousy?  

I don't think she is getting any help, I think she loves who she is. The guy she saw for the show(s) was just that, for the show only, not someone she saw on the regular but only when the cameras were present. IMO, Bethenny thinks everyone else has a problem, everyone except her that is. IMO, she may finally seek real help only when/if Bryn begins to push her away and only then will she realize that she is the problem, not everyone else but herself. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, including Bethenny because that reality is going to hurt her to her core.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'm at a point where I know I should pity her, but can't get past her rage.  It's too much.  Just like her sobbing was too much last year.

I agree, she is either the victim or she is the bully, there is no in between with her.

ETA..... She is more unstable than Kelly ever was and she is only going to get worse unless someone makes her take a long hard look in the mirror but she will push any person away before they ever get a chance to do that. IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, film noire said:

Well, let me join you at your table (bringing cocktails, plus appetizers!) I think she's turned savage over the years (for whatever reason -- I think possibly untreated post partum + divorce depression +unresolved childhood scars,  myself) and when that savage rage takes hold, the pleasure/ release she gets from that spewing is on display. That slut shaming gave her pleasure; she enjoyed trying to hurt Luann, and the more stoic Luann became -- talking calmly, showing she was not being hurt -- the more savage Bethenny became.  When you won't honestly deal with your hurt/rage/shame up front, the only other option is attacking others, because that emotion must be vented.  And in that venting, she's become an attack dog.  

Sounds like a psychopath to me.

Sadly, I taught many kindergartners who were abused and damaged by the time they were five

It was my duty and my passion to understand and love on those littles who didn't know why they behaved as they did.  Why they hit and cursed and called people names and took pleasure in hurting others. 

Bethenny is not five.

I have very little patience/respect/compassion for someone on the other side of 40, with the means (and then $ome) to straighten herself out - yet still takes pleasure in being a beast.  And then televises it. 

"What is wrong with you Bethenny???"  Line of the SEASON.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Sounds like a psychopath to me.

Sadly, I taught many kindergartners who were abused and damaged by the time they were five

It was my duty and my passion to understand and love on those littles who didn't know why they behaved as they did.  Why they hit and cursed and called people names and took pleasure in hurting others. 

Bethenny is not five.

I have very little patience/respect/compassion for someone on the other side of 40, with the means (and then $ome) to straighten herself out - yet still takes pleasure in being a beast.  And then televises it. 

"What is wrong with you Bethenny???"  Line of the SEASON.

God bless you for understanding and loving those little kids, Ryebread -- I'm sure you made a very positive difference in their lives for having done it.  We need more teachers like you.

I think, in some ways, Bethenny is five -- parts of her are stuck there emotionally; and people who react so strongly to the hurts they have experienced tend to be, by nature, the most sensitive types. They build the toughest armor. Couple that with her "no bs" / hyper direct personality and it makes for an unpleasant combination.  

And I usually couch everything I write (like a goddam coward!) in "I thinks" and "posssibly"s and "perhaps"es, but this one I'm going to say, confidently: Bethenny is not a psychopath. No way, no how. (I do know a little bit about this subject).  

ETA: Cut to future headline: "Bethenny Frankel Revealed As Definitely, Positively, For Sure Psychopath -- See The Test Results!  ;)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 5

Thanks, Jel.  I miss teaching.  Although my teacher friends are just now getting over the brutalities that the first 10 days of a new school year brings.  I remember that I don't really miss those.  For a teacher, there is no deeper tired than those first ten days. LOL

I agree that it's not fair to call Beth a psychopath but film noire's description of her, certainly sounded like one. It's almost like a blurb on a true crime novel's jacket.   Well written, FN: 

{snip} when that savage rage takes hold, the pleasure/ release she gets from that spewing is on display. That slut shaming gave her pleasure; she enjoyed trying to hurt Luann, and the more stoic Luann became -- talking calmly, showing she was not being hurt -- the more savage Bethenny became.  When you won't honestly deal with your hurt/rage/shame up front, the only other option is attacking others, because that emotion must be vented.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Jel said:

I get it. Last year I defended her (ugly divorce, limited time with her kid, crying is normal, her emotions make sense, etc) but this year I just wanted to drown her in her own pee bucket.  

You bring plenty of cool to the PTV Cocktail Lounge,  Jel :)

Edited by film noire
ordering another round of ptv cocktails!
  • Love 2
On September 16, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Jel said:

think, in some ways, Bethenny is five -- parts of her are stuck there emotionally; and people who react so strongly to the hurts they have experienced tend to be, by nature, the most sensitive types. They build the toughest armor. Couple that with her "no bs" / hyper direct personality and it makes for an unpleasant combination.  

And I usually couch everything I write (like a goddam coward!) in "I thinks" and "posssibly"s and "perhaps"es, but this one I'm going to say, confidently: Bethenny is not a psychopath. No way, no how. (I do know a little bit about this subject).  

I can join you at that table also as I don't think B is Evil, monstrous, mean girl, psychopathic, etc. .   Of this bunch, I believe she is the smartest and gets frustrated at the slower mentality of these chicks she's dealing with.  I wish I could site examples but I can't remember so much of what these women say.  It's just that, in general, a lot of hubris is taken at an innocuous comment B might of made and the target of the comment, whether Jules, Dorinda, or whoever, take that and hold it against her forever.  Jules said that B was always talking about her marriage, but I don't remember that, yet if it was constant, I'm sure it would be remembered.  I do think she got a bit unhinged at Dorinda's Berkshires house when she called Luann those derogatory names.  That I didn't like, but as I said before, it wasn't totally unprovoked - IMHO.  

In any case, as far as your perceived table of one, that's only because the haters of Bethenny dominate these here boards, maybe because they have more time on their hands or maybe the non haters don't wish to spar with the haters (they do seem relentless) but her Twitter seems to garner more admirers than not.  As for me, I would post more commentary, but am not adept yet at posting in a timely manner.  As is evident right here, 2 weeks after Reunion Part 2, I'm able to get in!  Lol!  Now I have to catch up on the Reunion Part 3 comments!  

• Love 8

In any case, as far as your perceived table of one, that's only because the haters of Bethenny dominate these here boards, maybe because they have more time on their hands or maybe the non haters don't wish to spar with the haters (they do seem relentless)...

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I can join you at that table also as I don't think B is Evil, monstrous, mean girl, psychopathic, etc. .   Of this bunch, I believe she is the smartest and gets frustrated at the slower mentality of these chicks she's dealing with.  I wish I could site examples but I can't remember so much of what these women say.  It's just that, in general, a lot of hubris is taken at an innocuous comment B might of made and the target of the comment, whether Jules, Dorinda, or whoever, take that and hold it against her forever.  Jules said that B was always talking about her marriage, but I don't remember that, yet if it was constant, I'm sure it would be remembered.  I do think she got a bit unhinged at Dorinda's Berkshires house when she called Luann those derogatory names.  That I didn't like, but as I said before, it wasn't totally unprovoked - IMHO.  

In any case, as far as your perceived table of one, that's only because the haters of Bethenny dominate these here boards, maybe because they have more time on their hands or maybe the non haters don't wish to spar with the haters (they do seem relentless) but her Twitter seems to garner more admirers than not.  As for me, I would post more commentary, but am not adept yet at posting in a timely manner.  As is evident right here, 2 weeks after Reunion Part 2, I'm able to get in!  Lol!  Now I have to catch up on the Reunion Part 3 comments!  

Well let me set a place for you, Delicatedee!

I think she's smart, too, and I agree it can be a "pay attention to the hits and ignore the misses" kind of phenomenon. Poor old Bethenny can't win for losing. 

We discussed this topic of Bethy fans in another thread think (sorry forget which one) and couldn't decide if they are a) just way less in number -- former fans b) moved on to another site c) here, but not posting.  If it's C, I hope more will join in. The PTV Cocktail Lounge (thanks film noire!) is cool,  (unlike the comments sections of some of those articles about Bethenny -- jeez!).

• Love 2

The only person I feel so sad and sorry for in the B saga is her precious daughter. B has become such an angry, bitter, hateful person. I can't believe that she saves that for the show. It has to come out in the rest of her life, including her mothering of Bryn. I really can't imagine having no joy or happiness or laughter in my life. How does a true mother rob her child of these positives? Perhaps B doesn't. Perhaps they have fun and laugh and go to the zoo, museums, parks, rides, cuddling up on the sofa watching movies,etc. But we don't see any of those things on this show.  Perhaps Jason has demanded in the divorce decree that Bryn can't appear on this show (if so, God bless him) but we see them photographed on the street all of the time.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Is there any cheesecake left?  I've been posting non-hateful comments in the Bethenny thread and I'm afraid to eat anything there because I am pretty sure the regulars would like to poison me.  I'm famished! 

Can't type, frantically baking more cheesecake! 

Have a seat, Celia Rubenstein! So glad you could join us.

Would a group logo be too much? Matching t-shirts? Probably..

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think we also need a secret handshake, just to make sure no one infiltrates us just to get cheesecake! 

But will there be any booze? Anything to drink with the cheesecake? I would really like a place at the table, but I'm going to need something to drink. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But will there be any booze? Anything to drink with the cheesecake? I would really like a place at the table, but I'm going to need something to drink. 

Awesome MCM; I'm on my way to the liquor store! 

• Love 1

I hate Bethenny but don't think I have more time on my hands than Beth fans I work 2 jobs and spend more time on YouTube than on this site when I'm online.

People are free to say whatever don't let others opinions guide your content. I like Kenya Moore who is extremely reviled on this site and many online places and usually laugh at the comments or 'like' them and am unafraid to say something praiseworthy or critical about her. It's not that binary or black and white. 

I came in to try and make some sort of witticism about how unlikeable yet quick, sharp tongued, capable and even funny she can be and how that's gotten lost in recent seasons.  I miss that about her.  Honestly though?  The mental parallels my mind drew this week?  too. effing. soon.     ::luannvoice::   @Jel!!  Girl where is that tomato juice??? 

• Love 1