Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I guess the comments about how vile Bethenny is are driving Bravo to want her back all the more.  Well, actually it's the decent ratings, as I knew it would be.  Sigh.  Yup, the NY Post says she is renegotiating for millions, so I guess the horrible, evil & awful do win out.  Ugh.  The reign of terror continues.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I'm left wondering what next season will be like.  

• We know Bethenny will be back 'cause she's a fame whore and this is all she can get. She'll deliver the same old ... unless she gets a clue and a life that she's willing to share.
  • Carole will need to do *something*!  She too needs to get a life that she's willing to share.  I think Carole would be a good one for the "friends of" category.
  • Dorinda will be back; good shit stirrer.
  • Jules will be back; lots to share regarding divorce; eating disorder; start-up biz; learning to own her own voice - and hopefully speak articulately
  • Sonja and Ramona were pretty quiet this year.  I love them and hope they come back but they have to bring it.  I'm not so interested in Ramona's life at this juncture, but I would like to see how Sonja's journey plays out.
  • LuAnne has to come back 'cause she's the only one fun to watch the last few years (post Aviva).  She's got a life, lives it, and shows it!

I sense two sides - and two directions the show could go:  

1. Bethenny, Carole, and Ramona + new cast or
  2. Dorinda, LuAnne, and Jules + existing cast.  

I think Bethenny is gunning for the former but those in the second camp don't have the same producer-wannabe mindset and would be fine if the others returned.  I think they just want to keep their jobs.

• Love 2

I think Jules is out. 

The obvious move is to bring back some of the old Housewives to further pump up the ratings. The alternatives are the return of Heather and Kristen or the return of Jill Zarin. Now I know that sounds unlikely but they have done that before.  For example when they brought back Dina and this season Jacqueline on Jersey. So they have done this before to pimp the ratings.

It makes sense to bring Jill back because now Bethenny is on equal footing with her. They are both hated by millions of people. So it would fun to watch. Sort like Hitler vs. Stalin or Iraq vs. Iran. We don't care who wins as long as they destroy each other. Good times.

• Love 15
On September 8, 2016 at 6:01 PM, mothmonsterman said:

I feel like Bethenny is seriously mentally ill.  I keep thinking about her walking through the apartment while being filmed; opening doors and crying.  It was so damned strange.  She blows up at things, is super hyper, is nasty, is ultra-sensitive and is just...off.  Her brain truly doesn't process information like normal people.  Everything is someone else's fault, then she acts like she takes responsibility for something, but then tries to explain why she is still completely right, even if she is wrong.  

You are absolutely right, especially after the success of Skinny Girl. She became a millionaire and bam, her ego grew. She cannot take criticism because, how can she be wrong? Her sense of entitlement is way off. 

• Love 13

I was very happy to see Jill Z go, but what I wouldn't give for Jill Z to be sitting at the head of the table over drinks with Luann, Sonja, Heather and Kristen deciding who gets to go and who doesn't get to go on a fabulous trip set up by Bawby. Oh I forgot Kelly!

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I was very happy to see Jill Z go, but what I wouldn't give for Jill Z to be sitting at the head of the table over drinks with Luann, Sonja, Heather and Kristen deciding who gets to go and who doesn't get to go on a fabulous trip set up by Bawby. Oh I forgot Kelly!

I would love Heather and Kristen back because it would shake up the dynamics.  Heather and Kristen are not Beth fans, and Carole would be forced to pick a side.  Lu, who went after Heather last season, would have to align with Heather or reconcile with Beth.  Dorinda, who seems to play both sides, will have to decide whether she hates or loves Heather.  

I know many disliked Heather, but I think she saw right through Dorinda, Beth, and Lu.  Kristen can be a friend of, and be Heather's BFF.  Plus, the two of them are actual wives, which can no longer be said about the rest of the cast.  Carole can be a friend of too, which would hopefully reduce the Scareole, mule, and chewing comments*.

*Yeah, right.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Sort like Hitler vs. Stalin or Iraq vs. Iran. We don't care who wins as long as they destroy each other. Good times.

If Andy really wants the ratings to soar, Jill is his best bet. No contest. While Lu may confound Bethy by keeping her cool, Jill would go full nuclear. It is would be a blast. Bring back Jill, and unleash the dogs of war.

• Love 14

I'd like to see them cast someone strong-willed, supremely confident, accomplished & over 40.  Someone who would go up against Bethenny & just absolutely squish her guts out till her eyes bug outta her head.  I wanna see the Bethenny monster finally conquered & slaughtered.  Could Jillzy do that?  Sure.

I'd really like to see a woman of color finally, finally, finally be cast on this show.  What New York are you throwing at us with this show, Satan Andy?  It doesn't exist & you know it, you jackass.

In any case, I would ONLY watch next season to see Frankelstein be evicerated, decimated, broken down & completely destroyed.  I won't tolerate any other scenario.  Another season of the Bethenny monster's reign of terror ain't for me.

• Love 9

I agree. I know the rumor is that Yolanda is transferring over to NYC. 

We need a real New Yorker. An actual Housewife. How about somebody like Wendy Williams? Or Katie Tong? Or Jennifer Lopez? Or any of a million black, Hispanic or Asian women who are part of New York.

Of course Satan Andy is all about segregation. He makes Bull Conner look like Bernie Sanders.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'd like to see them cast someone strong-willed, supremely confident, accomplished & over 40.  Someone who would go up against Bethenny & just absolutely squish her guts out till her eyes bug outta her head.  I wanna see the Bethenny monster finally conquered & slaughtered.  Could Jillzy do that?  Sure.

I'd really like to see a woman of color finally, finally, finally be cast on this show.  What New York are you throwing at us with this show, Satan Andy?  It doesn't exist & you know it, you jackass.

In any case, I would ONLY watch next season to see Frankelstein be evicerated, decimated, broken down & completely destroyed.  I won't tolerate any other scenario.  Another season of the Bethenny monster's reign of terror ain't for me.

Agree. There is only one woman who can take Bethenny Frankel down, she'd destroy with just a look. She's a New Yorker, a career woman., married, richer than all the women, older but wiser with a sharp wit and sharper tongue when faced with bad behavior and idiocy, she's Judith Sheindlin.  She'd whip all of those women into shape, I can only imagine the tongue lashing they'd each get and the gems that would fly out of her mouth at each of the women. Bethenny would be curled in a ball, sobbing and babbling like an idiot within 2 minutes.

• Love 14

The problem is with Dorinda not John. He could do a lot better. He should do a lot better. But it is obvious that he is a fame whore and he deserves all the hits he gets for climbing Mount Slurry so he can get on TV.

For the heck of it I Googled "Madame Paulette" last night, and saw articles dating back to at least 1999. It was interesting because I always assumed John wanted to get publicity for his business - but based on the article linked above, and his clientele and his shop's following, I'd be surprised if he actually NEEDS the publicity from RHONY. (Although, it can't hurt, of course.)

His relationship with Dorinda is not an obvious one, and at times she doesn't seem like she even likes him much. I suppose it could be argued that she's with HIM for the fame, but Dorinda's been doing fine on her own, and isn't hurting for financial security. Maybe it's nothing more than these two crazy kids dig each other.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 8

Jules seemed open to her ED and repeatedly told the other women to ask her anything.  But it seems when she displayed signs of food avoidance, it was Jules who passed it off as a joke.   I suspect her ED is still full blown and she desperately wants people to think she has control over it.   I have a friend who lives in the British Virgin Islands.   She comes back two or three times a year, and over the past five years we have seen her absolutely waste away to bones.  Her main function in life in BVI is entertaining people who visit - and it's always bathing suit season.   I see it as struggling not only with aging, but with what her ideal beach body should be.   She refuses to discuss anything wrong with her, and yet she'd make Jules look huge.   This past visit she tripped and shattered her hip.   It was only a matter of time - as I'm sure her bones are brittle.    She was in hospital for four weeks after a hip replacement, and I'm curious to see if she was still able to maintain her ED while there.     Just so sad.   I hope Jules was able to hire a housekeeper/nanny so they are in charge of the kids meals.  

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Jules is out for sure?  Has that been confirmed?  Any news on any of the others?

If you go to her thread on this site, yes, it appears she is out.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3

I would like to see a strong willed business woman to counter Bethenny's crass bombast. A woman of color who doesn't spout off nonsensical clichés about her background "I'm being a good subservient asian woman" and "the number 9 is important in Asia." All of Asia? Really?

One of the things that I appreciated in hindsight about Beverly Hills is when they used to let the women show up at parties with an entourage or surrogates. It just meant that we weren't always seeing the same fight over and over again. One time it might be Kyle and Brandi. The next Brandi and Faye. Another time it might be Jennifer and Faye. Plus it was always fun to try to figure out how on earth Taylor became friends with Linda Thompson or why Carlton was friends with Tara Strong.

So my solution for RHoNY is that they expand the cast to include more friends, but friends either have to be interesting or famous and not some boring friend of Ramona's who goes to Bagatelle with her. How hilarious would it be if Sonja showed up with her good friend Naomi Campbell? And we're wondering how the fuck these two know each other. Same court ordered community service. Not really, but it would be amazing. Gagging.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Anna525 said:

You are absolutely right, especially after the success of Skinny Girl. She became a millionaire and bam, her ego grew. She cannot take criticism because, how can she be wrong? Her sense of entitlement is way off. 

I don't think Bethany's ego grew with becoming rich, wealth just magnified who she already was. Without wealth she had to keep it hidden to get ahead, but who she is was always there, with wealth she can unleash it, let it shine in the sun and not care. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I don't think Bethany's ego grew with becoming rich, wealth just magnified who she already was. Without wealth she had to keep it hidden to get ahead, but who she is was always there, with wealth she can unleash it, let it shine in the sun and not care. 

I think what people liked about Bethenny initially is he was able to point out some of the more pretentious behavior displayed by all of them and see some of her own wrong moves.  Now it all about how dare she, and how they should be behaving and her berating people.  Not attractive or believable.  With the exception of Luann, the rest seem like they are being held hostage.  The perpetual temper tantrums and display of tyrannical behavior become tiresome.  Adding new folks won't help if Bethenny has a golden apple and the rest are holding Red Delicious.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Yeah I have to agree.  In every single HW that is on long enough to seem to evolve I see instead someone who simply was that person but as they got more relaxed with the cameras I think they also got more relaxed with their guard.  Along with a few others, I have never really liked any of these women for one reason or another.  I think Jill was so pretending to her heights of social grandeur as was Luann.  I remember on TWOP someone pointed out when the two were waving around their invitations how 'easy' they were to get in some regards and a quick look online quickly revealed how low all these women were in terms of sit downs versus walk through social events.   These ladies, Jill, Luann and Ramona being the top tier of season one were more like the hike pasts when you took a deeper look at their social calendars. 

Jill's hissy fit at the fashion show over Ramona getting seated in the row before her pretty much showed what type of person she was that just was the same thing but amped to a greater degree when she had her own fashion show luncheon and tried to pretend how high and mighty it was; and how out of depth certain of her cast she refused to invite were at such an event.

Luann goes back and forth but I remember on the BRAVOboards how some extra scenes were posted and it showed how Luann oddly moved and attached herself to Mario at the first season ending episode when they all had dinner and Simon and Alex's kids destroyed the hamburger of Jason the First.  I guess the fact that Mario proved to be nasty (but at the time funny) when he started loving getting into show matters with his Countless comments.

But yes, The Monster has had it out from the start.  I always thought there was a strong chance she only cared for Jill when Jill had something she wanted or needed and that any success that lifted the Monster out of her then standing -- socially via her economic options, Jill would be in her dust.  I think she tolerated Alex and Simon only for the fact that both seemed to just rub Jill, Luann and Ramona the wrong way again and again.  She was trying too climb just as much as they were if you look back that first episode.  But after a life of toadying to the likes of Kathy Hilton, The Monster was just a bit more stealth doing it.  But she pretty much came on this show grasping since her attempt to do competitive reality had failed and there apparently she was hugely entitled and still thinks she was cheated of her glory -- which is odd because Bill Rancic is probably the most "successful" of Apprentice winners and his career has been an embarrassing history of grabbing at anything that extends his fragile fifteen minutes to the point that he is now an author of romantic suspense fiction.  I kid you not.

Though I guess that puts him well up the ladder of reality show careers outside of filming above Frances the Mule who can't even write overly derivative stale pop culture referenced chick-lit these days.  Or even a cookbook.  Which, correct me if I am wrong, at least half of that would be recipes which kind of write themselves -- or at least would be written by someone not the professional writer who can't write a...lick.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Agree. There is only one woman who can take Bethenny Frankel down, she'd destroy with just a look. She's a New Yorker, a career woman., married, richer than all the women, older but wiser with a sharp wit and sharper tongue when faced with bad behavior and idiocy, she's Judith Sheindlin.  She'd whip all of those women into shape, I can only imagine the tongue lashing they'd each get and the gems that would fly out of her mouth at each of the women. Bethenny would be curled in a ball, sobbing and babbling like an idiot within 2 minutes.

At a salary of something like $45 million a year (reportedly), she'd be richer by far than Bethenny.  Which apparently is the yardstick that matters most to Frankel.  And people actually watch her show. 

Never happen, but fun to imagine.  Maybe she should go copyright "Judgy Girl."

• Love 5

Oh let's face it.  Judge Judy isn't going to do this show.

I would love to see Jill, Heather and Kris come back.  I would love, love, love it.  Heck, one of the best scenes for me this season was Lu and Beth meeting for drinks and Lu basically talked over Beth and invited herself to Mexico.  I love when Beth is left speechless with no retort.  This is what this show needs....  Badly.  And, they need women who are wives. 

On another note, I can't stand it when people talk about women being menopausal as a cause of someone of a certain age behavior.   I'm looking at you Jules.  It's like when someone says it must be her time of the month.  Um.  What are everyone else's excuse for their behavior?  And yeah, Beth is guilty of this as well.  In Turks, she is the one who said that someone needs to turn down the thermostat because of menopausal women.  Maybe they were just hot because there wasn't any air conditioning in that room (and the lack of air conditioning in that room was a fact that we discussed last season).

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I don't think Bethany's ego grew with becoming rich, wealth just magnified who she already was.

1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

Yeah I have to agree.  In every single HW that is on long enough to seem to evolve I see instead someone who simply was that person but as they got more relaxed with the cameras I think they also got more relaxed with their guard. 

I also agree.  This is why I wish Heather would have stayed.  We didn't get to fully appreciate the gangsta that was lurking beneath.  If she'd stayed, there would have been a lot more skully caps and threatened ass whoopin's to be had. More of her true personality would be shown.  I did not like her and don't like violence or big, bossy mouths but I'd be down with her taking Beth to the mat.

• Love 3

Well, I stick to my opinion of Heather I had from the start.  I thought Ramona was ridiculous in how she treated her when they "met" that initial episode, but Heather was so eager and so determined to immediately play Real Housewife despite claiming to be above Ramona's idiocy.  And again, I think Ramona was an idiot.  But the whole excluding her from London when the main thrust of the London trip ended up being Heather forcing her guests to sit in on a (pretend) management meeting and do a 'go 'round' saying what they liked about the company.  It was so stupid even if the women had not been there; I would never waste time in a field office doing crap like that and I would be fired and probably sent to the hospital for evaluation if I even suggested it, let alone a new foreign branch that I brought tv cameras into in hopes of broadening brand recognition.  It was like Heather had seen Office Space and thought it was a documentary about good business practices. 

But the whole reasoning about Ramona being a risk was laughable and so contrived and so thirsty on Heather's part in my opinion.

But I think Heather learned her lesson with St. Barths and she had snuggled in, and like Luann I think she figured out how to balance.  It helped that so much of her personal life was able to be kept private in a lot of ways. 

But I also think what an ass Sean Combs has been over time and some of that time was when she employed by him and is so proud of that time.  So yeah.  The potential to go back and have more of the Heather that just about pee'd herself in joy when Ramona right out the gate made her relevant?  And she ran with it in a way that to me belied her claims of wanting to avoid and diminish the crazy? 

It would have been interesting to see what kind of claws would come out if she had stayed and the Monster lost her shit in the exact same way.

I think Heather is self-serving enough to think it was better being a coven of three rather than bucking the system.  and had Heather stayed.  Oh damn.  Ramona would have been trampled, because there would have been no room for her if the Monster and Heather pretended to play nice simply to ravage the others while Frances the Mule got to whisper with both and snicker and sneer and play with her hair in between and pretend Adam finds her the sexiest ageless soulmate she probably write, well tries to write, in her diary in between all the comments about how the monster said the funniest thing about Jules or Dorinda or Luann.

• Love 4

I have a different take on Heather.  I've seen her hawking her stuff on TV & she's says over & over & over how she encourages women to feel good about their bodies -- even tho she's basically pushing women to buy her crap, which makes them squeeze themselves into her crap so they'll look smaller.  Seems a bit ironic.  What's also ironic is the connection Heather & Bethenny have.  I mean how both of their businesses are all about women's bodies -- and pretty much play into insecurities women have about their bodies.  

I've never been thrilled with that SkinnyGirl name & what it's supposed to imply.  If her drinks were all about a low calorie alcoholic alternative (or healthy low cal snacks), that would be fine & dandy with me.  But that SkinnyGirl name & the implication of the Skinny Girl image on her label being some sort of ideal is just plain icky to me.  

But is Heather's crap any different or better?  Heather might like to spout off how she's helping women feel better about themselves.  Meh, not so sure I buy that.  She still wants women to make themselves over into something they aren't.  I know nothing about her products.  Maybe they are figure-flattering & comfy.  They don't look it to me.  They look like uncomfortable old-fashioned girdles, which have been around for a zillion years.

Look, we were witness this season to the vile way Bethenny mocked Jules for her ED's.  Ironic again . . . given this was coming from someone who created a brand called Skinny Girl.  And she says she witnessed her mother supposedly suffering from ED's.  Surely, considering the name of her business & what it's based on, as well as her experience with her mother, she would have offered Jules some honest sympathy.  But no, there was no real sympathy from her.  Just cruel mocking.  And Carole was fine to join along with her endless cruel mocking.  And this from 2 women who both look like they could have issues with food themselves.  Besides being exceptionally cruel, it's all just so . . . strange.

OK, I've rehashed the cruelty we witnessed this season from Bethenny & Carole because I wonder how Heather would have treated Jules if she were on the show this season.  Would she have had true sympathy for Jules?  Remember, Bethenny was sympathetic to Jules to her face -- but it was just a bunch of bullshit because she went on to mock her EVERY opportunity she could behind her back, sometimes in TH's, but also within earshot of her, which was even more incredibly cruel.  Sorry to those who hate nicknames but the woman is a monster, so Frankelstein monster fits.  But I've NEVER seen ANY cruelty from Heather.  I think she would have treated Jules in a sympathetic way.  And I suspect she would have called out Carole for supporting Bethenny in her relentless cruelty.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure Carole woulda been torn between the 2 of 'em, with Bethenny as the sure winner.

No, don't count on Heather coming back.  Heather is a smart gal & she knew the writing on the wall.  She got what was going on (I mean how Bethenny was taking the show over & how she clearly couldn't stand her) when Bethenny nearly tore her face off for offering her a meatball.  Nope, Heather did what most do when suddenly confronted by a new boss who hates your guts & makes your life miserable.  You quit -- if you can.  It was pretty apparent Bethenny hated both Kristen & Heather.  She hates beautiful women.  She looked like leftover dog shit next to Kristen.  And that was last season.  With her new shaved off jaw & nose, she'd look even worse next to Kristen.  Nope, Kristen won't be back.  And Heather?  C'mon, she's a successful, smart, confident, tough, self-made businesswoman.  Bethenny couldn't have one of those next to her, pointing out how she ain't the marketing & branding genius she claims to be.

And Jillzy?  I'd like to see her back.  But don't count on that either.  The Bethenny monster would NEVER allow it.  It's just not gonna happen.  She revealed her hatred for Jillzy in some interview with Satan Andy.  Eh, I guess it'll be interesting to see who they cast.  But whoever it is has to be approved by Frankelstein.  Think she's gonna approve of someone she can't easily squash?  Uh, no freakin' way.  I'm predicting another season of the Bethenny monster's reign of terror.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
On 9/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny only did that because she was a callous ass, talking about roller skating through the  apartment with her "tits" hanging out and various other takes on being over the  top giddy and gushing over the divorce being finalized.  Since her comments weren't funny or taken well she reversed the trend with her totally inappropriate crybaby video.  http://www.eonline.com/news/754119/bethenny-frankel-plans-a-wild-post-divorce-party-with-body-paint-strippers-fireworks-and-skinnygirl-enemas 

From the article:

When E! News asked if she might celebrate her divorce drama ending with a nice dinner, the 45-year-old mogul laughed at the idea of doing something so simple. "Go out for dinner? You're so cute...When I get divorced I'm gonna go out for dinner? Yeah—times 10,572! Will I go out for dinner? Are you kidding? I'm gonna be giving myself Skinnygirl enemas," she joked. "I'm gonna be funneling Skinnygirl down my best friends' throats and my assistants are gonna be naked. We're gonna be hanging from chandeliers in Times Square: body paint, tassels on my titties, coming out of cakes, fireworks, strippers, young men, making out with strangers, one night stands, five night stands. Yeah, I think maybe I might have a celebration. Oh, yeah, and maybe dinner."

"No, I don't think there will be any food involved. Maybe we'll grab a little bag of corn nuts along the way," she continued. "Dinner. You cute one, you. Yeah, the longest divorce in history sinceIke and Tina Turner and I'm gonna go get dinner."

And she was worried about Sonja portraying alcohol use in an irresponsible light?

Edited to add that butt chugging might be the only way to imbibe Skinnygirl products since they taste like chemical swill.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 11
On 9/11/2016 at 11:43 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I guess the comments about how vile Bethenny is are driving Bravo to want her back all the more.  Well, actually it's the decent ratings, as I knew it would be.  Sigh.  Yup, the NY Post says she is renegotiating for millions, so I guess the horrible, evil & awful do win out.  Ugh.  The reign of terror continues.

This is such a disappointment.  I used to be a fan (silly me), but now the hateful bitch has ruined m'show.   I loved it when it was about the relationships between a handful of women who were willing to share their lives, but now it's just a show about a bully and the rest of the bunch running scared.  Thanks, Bravo, but no thanks.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I would love to see Jill, Heather and Kris come back.  I would love, love, love it.  Heck, one of the best scenes for me this season was Lu and Beth meeting for drinks and Lu basically talked over Beth and invited herself to Mexico.  I love when Beth is left speechless with no retort.  This is what this show needs....  Badly.  And, they need women who are wives. 

They could all come back and I would love it, but especially Heather. 

I know it's not a popular desire, but I would also like to see Yo on this show.  I don't like her, heck, I've always detested her, but I don't need to actually like a HW to be entertained. She has a natural introduction through her friendship with Carole (although I don't believe they are really great friends, but at least there is an established friendship from what we've seen on the show, which is more than we usually get when a supposed friend is introduced to the group) and it would make an interesting dynamic because of the stuff with Beth. Beth is very close to Kyle, and is friends with LVP. Neither of these two are people that Yo cares for. I think it would be interesting to see how Yo's includion would shake up the dynamics on the show. Then there is Yo's overall judgment and disdain for some of the behavior we see from these ladies. We know how Yo feels about a drunk woman (despite her embracing Brandi), and these chicks like to be drunk. I would be all in for Yo on this show. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Yea, but why wouldn't Bravo want her back? The ratings are good, and she drives folks to talk about the show like crazy. Almost everything she says in the media is quoted and investigated. If there is a link to Beth in a story, that story is clicked on like crazy. Every picture of her is posted and analyzed. She has more hits on her thread than any other HW around here, and more than most on any show. This is generally the case for the most disliked HW, but their fortune usually ends because the other HW's don't want to film with them, like Brandi or Aviva. Or they piss off production by being hard to work with. Beth is not in this situation. None of these ladies will refuse to film with Beth, so there are few worries for Bravo. Beth is controlling her destiny here. If she doesn't  think this is a hit to her business, and she likes the money, Bravo would be nuts to not have her back. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

This is such a disappointment.  I used to be a fan of Bethenny's (silly me), but now the hateful bitch has ruined mah show.   I loved it when it was about the relationships between a handful of women who were willing to share their lives, but now it's just a show about a bully and the rest of the bunch running scared.  Thanks, Bravo, but no thanks.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, but why wouldn't Bravo want her back? The ratings are good, and she drives folks to talk about the show like crazy. Almost everything she says in the media is quoted and investigated. If there is a link to Beth in a story, that story is clicked on like crazy. Every picture of her is posted and analyzed. She has more hits on her thread than any other HW around here, and more than most on any show. This is generally the case for the most disliked HW, but their fortune usually ends because the other HW's don't want to film with them, like Brandi or Aviva. Or they piss off production by being hard to work with. Beth is not in this situation. None of these ladies will refuse to film with Beth, so there are few worries for Bravo. Beth is controlling her destiny here. If she doesn't  think this is a hit to her business, and she likes the money, Bravo would be nuts to not have her back. 

Bethenny's one weak spot with production may be that she doesn't seem to want to go on the big mandatory "girls trips". She got away with it last year by only going for a couple of nights to T&C and there was no big trip this year, all because of Bethenny.  It doesn't matter that she travels a lot on her own time, she has refused to go for a week long show trip and that may come back to bite her hard. A big part of these HW shows are the trips and NY's trips are getting shorter and more and more local/stateside because 1 cast member doesn't want to go for a whole week. It got Aviva fired and it could lead to problems for Bethenny as well.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2016 at 11:26 AM, zoeysmom said:

The way I see it, if Dorinda didn't hear the witnesses, she wasn't at the Regency, then how would she know that Tom wanted her to lie?  So Dorinda was assuming the witnesses would be lying?  I get he wanted to minimize the "two hour make out session",but I don't think he was expecting to clear his name.  I think that is Dorinda an her limited ability to comprehend.

I find Dorinda a little too self-righteous.  I will be interested to see what happens if anything at the Reunion.

In response to an earlier query-Dorinda is in the wedding party.  So either she apologized for saying she was being asked to lie, or Luann and Tom are forgiving.  Personally, after her comments she would be off the list.  She is not a good friend she is always out for Dorinda. 

http://www.people.com/article/dorinda-medley-luann-de-lesseps-tom-cheating-cover-up-rhony-finale-recap

I didn't see a downside to listening to the wait staff.

On 9/10/2016 at 3:17 PM, breezy424 said:

Actually, in the conversation Dorinda had with Ro, Dorinda never said that Tom asked her to lie. Ro did. Dorinda said that Tom wanted to bring over two waiters from the Regency and have Dorinda relay what they said to the other women.  Dorinda said that it didn't matter what the waiters said because of the pictures.  In Dorinda's TH, she said that she wouldn't represent them, lie for them or be put in that position.  She's out.

The problem with this for me is that it seems that Dorinda is assuming what these waiters were going to say.  Obviously, because of the two pictures, Tom kissed this woman.  There's no getting around this and I have no doubt that Tom and Lu realized that.  It seemed to me that the purpose of Dorinda meeting with these waiters were to address the one, then two hours of making out that was claimed by Beth through someone else.  Heck, I can understand that Dorinda didn't want any part of the 'meeting' but she was not in a position to assume what the waiters were going to say. 

Semantics (says me).    He didn't say the words please lie for us but the very idea that he needed to fashion a reputation saver (at best) and an alibi (at worst) and ask Dorinda to come cosign is a lie.   It's digit for digit, the exact formula Lu followed about the Pirate.   Like one hour or one minute, my question is how and why could whatever the waitstaff was going to say to Dorinda matter when it's not possible for it to counter the cogent details we already know?

1.  there is at least one picture

2.  there are only two people in the picture

3.  the people pictured are so closely physically entangled as to obscure their faces

4.  by his own admission, one of the people in the picture is Tom

5.  Tom is engaged

6.  the date of picture follows the date of his engagement

7.  the woman Tom is entangled with is not his fiance

I promise I'm not asking ya'll to reargue.   I really would like to know your opinions on why the waitstaff is necessary if not to lie?  What do you think they were gonna say that changes or affects 1-7?     And, if you'll allow me to keep Stephanopoulus'ing, if the Regency's bartender's story isn't some compensated bullshit, why does Dorinda's unwillingness to hear it prompt Tom's wedding guest ultimatum? (which he also doesn't deny).

On 9/10/2016 at 3:56 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

I would certainly imagine that Dorinda was given some info from Tom when he called as to what was going on. How do we know that he didn't tell her what the waiters intended to say? All we know is that Tom asked Dorinda to do something she she felt uncomfortable with. That she said she wasn't willing to lie. That when she said she wasn't going to do something that made her feel uncomfortable, he threatened her with an end to a friendship. What else is there to know? This is the kind of guy that would put a friend in that kind of a position pretty much says it all. 

Girl.   I guess that means neither of us is about to buy Tom's new book out on Amazon called:  But, If I Did It.... 

On 9/10/2016 at 8:07 PM, Mrs peel said:

Well, you can file a counter-petition for divorce.  But I think someone said NY has abolished fault grounds, and generally grounds for divorce don't influence the property and custody decisions anyway.

True.  The adultery discussion was to clarify earlier comments I'd made in reference to Jules using pictures to counter his claims and efforts at income subversion.    By itself cause isn't supposed to be an influencing factor but the decisions that accompany it might be.    For example if it's true that Michael bought his woman a *love nest* Jules may have a claim to the property if he did so with marital assets.   If somebody alleges cruel and inhuman treatment as grounds and that's substantiated, that may have an effect on custody if they seek it.    But as a default Michael can see his children without having to be bothered keeping them, he just needs to ask for liberal visitation.   I don't think little kids really fit into the schematic of hot new love affairs but he's no dummy and shared custody would reduce child support so, he could shock me.

17 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I would love to see Wendy Williams as a Housewife. It would be epic.

Lol, me too.   But she's better at scrutiny on other people.  And there's already a non full disclosure nyhw. 

Lisa Ling, Serena Williams, J-Lo, Hoda Kotbe, Vera Wang, Rihanna.   Omarosa gets my top vote though.   I enjoy the duality of an ordained minister always being one syllable away from a blackout.   But alas, I don't think she's based in New York.  

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
affect and effect. uma....oprah
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I promise I'm not asking ya'll to reargue.   I really would like to know your opinions on why the waitstaff is necessary if not to lie?  What do you think they were gonna say that changes or affects 1-7?     And, if you'll allow me to keep Stephanopoulus'ing, if the Regency's bartender's story isn't some compensated bullshit, why does Dorinda's unwillingness to hear it prompt Tom's wedding guest ultimatum? (which he also doesn't deny).

The wait staff may have countered Bethenny's claim that Tom/Bunny made out for 1 - 2 hours. He had already admitted to Luann that he had in fact kissed the woman, so the only question remaining was for how long. Yes, there were/are several photos of them kissing but not a 2 hour video of it and according to Bethenny, no second hand info is allowed, so hearing directly from someone at the Regency who witnessed it first hand may have made it a bit less tawdry. Although he still passionately kissed someone other than Luann, which was/is wrong on it's own, making out for 1 - 2 hours makes it look/seem worse IMO.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

On another note, I can't stand it when people talk about women being menopausal as a cause of someone of a certain age behavior.   I'm looking at you Jules.  It's like when someone says it must be her time of the month.  Um.  What are everyone else's excuse for their behavior?  And yeah, Beth is guilty of this as well.  In Turks, she is the one who said that someone needs to turn down the thermostat because of menopausal women.  Maybe they were just hot because there wasn't any air conditioning in that room (and the lack of air conditioning in that room was a fact that we discussed last season).

I worked in offices FILLED with women and, by far, it was the most interesting and exciting years I had on planet earth.

And I have done some stupid, dangerous and crazy shit in my life.

I have worked with women who would walk in the door with a chip on their shoulders while telling everyone within earshot that they were on their period. I trained one woman who would start the day by telling me she was "pms-ing" - as if it was an excuse for her not paying attention, not wanting to do her job. She said it with such glee that I stopped making exceptions for her and stopped caring.

There was one office with one thermostat and the battles that were fought over that fucking thing were epic. My desk was 8 feet away from it and people changed it so much that it they put out a memo and finally installed a cage over it.

They hadn't invented sweaters or layering - so things got a little chippy now and then.

• Love 2

Wow. They're replaying the reunions and Part Duh is on right now.

I think that Bethy is trying to break some kind of speedtalk record. Guess that's her way of not letting anyone else speak. She practically launches herself at the others. LuLu in particular. Evil, is right.

Oh, boo hoo, asshole. Get over yourself. And learn to cry better, that sounded forced. it's a fucking apartment that you could have had much sooner had you not insisted on the prolonged battle. Gah.

And if these Hos are who you rely on when you're "bleeding all over the place for months" you should take a better look at your own life and stop judging others.

I don't think I have the strength for this shitshow. It's all Bethy all the time. They seem to have handed her the THs and all. Ugh.

Oh well, makes me like everyone else that much more. Even Ramona. But Carole? Nope.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 8

omg

Just saw the bit where she calls Jules a bad representative of Jews 'cuz she talks about spending money. In a luxe kind of way. And what kind of representation did you just give us, Bethy?

Glad Jules went after her.

Rabid chipmunk is too kind.

• Love 9

LOL @ Judge Judy and J-Lo doing this show.  Sure.  Let's also try to recruit Jennifer Aniston while we're at it. And why not add Angelina Jolie to really make it spicy? I mean, c'mon. These super-rich stars ain't gonna be doing any Real Housewives shit in this lifetime.

On the other hand, it is realistic to hope that they might bring Heather and Kristin back. And, perhaps less realistically, Jill. But oooh, I'd love it.  Not because I love Jill.  But I just think it would be so interesting to see how the relationship between her and Beth would play out.   

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The wait staff may have countered Bethenny's claim that Tom/Bunny made out for 1 - 2 hours. He had already admitted to Luann that he had in fact kissed the woman, so the only question remaining was for how long. Yes, there were/are several photos of them kissing but not a 2 hour video of it and according to Bethenny, no second hand info is allowed, so hearing directly from someone at the Regency who witnessed it first hand may have made it a bit less tawdry. Although he still passionately kissed someone other than Luann, which was/is wrong on it's own, making out for 1 - 2 hours makes it look/seem worse IMO.

oh, ok.

When-Someone-Favorite-Pop-Star-Problemat

When-Your-Enemy-Throwing-Shade-Your-Frie

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

oh, ok.

When-Someone-Favorite-Pop-Star-Problemat

When-Your-Enemy-Throwing-Shade-Your-Frie

LOL, think about it. It is bad enough to hear that your fiancé was caught kissing another woman but to hear it was a 2 hour make out session is insult on top of injury. And that would be the only thing that other eyewitnesses could say was different because there are pictures of them kissing, especially since it was the only thing that changed in Bethenny's story. A 2 hour make out session makes it worse IMO, than just 1 or 2 kisses, at least IMO.

14 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Sorry WireWrap, that was kinda shitty.   I'm clowning the idea that the difference between one and two changes anything, not laughing at you. 

No problem! LOL tumblr_nhtv4v5RPW1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny's one weak spot with production may be that she doesn't seem to want to go on the big mandatory "girls trips". She got away with it last year by only going for a couple of nights to T&C and there was no big trip this year, all because of Bethenny.  It doesn't matter that she travels a lot on her own time, she has refused to go for a week long show trip and that may come back to bite her hard. A big part of these HW shows are the trips and NY's trips are getting shorter and more and more local/stateside because 1 cast member doesn't want to go for a whole week. It got Aviva fired and it could lead to problems for Bethenny as well.

For anyone else this would absolutely be true. But not for Bethenny.  Bravo will be paying her a shit-ton of dough -- probably more than they have to anyone else on their payroll.  They will do whatever she wants.  Yup, evil has won out.  Oh man, it's so disappointing & depressing.  Keep watching this show to witness more of her endless cruelty.  And NOBODY will be allowed to counter her.  Ugh.  Thanks a fucking lot for this awfulness, Satan Andy.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

For anyone else this would absolutely be true. But not for Bethenny.  Bravo will be paying her a shit-ton of dough -- probably more than they have to anyone else on their payroll.  They will do whatever she wants.  Yup, evil has won out.  Oh man, it's so disappointing & depressing.  Keep watching this show to witness more of her endless cruelty.  And NOBODY will be allowed to counter her.  Ugh.  Thanks a fucking lot for this awfulness, Satan Andy.

I'm not so sure she will be allowed to keep avoiding these trips as more viewers catch on and the backlash grows. These "girls" trips are part and parcel to the HW shows and with the other HW cities going to more distant locations, these stateside weekend trips aren't going to cut it much longer.

I also question her getting a big paycheck (cash), I am beginning to wonder if it is much lower cash wise because of the heavy SKG promotions on the actual show, so maybe she takes a lower paycheck to keep her products front and center in most episodes. I just don't see Bravo giving Bethenny free SKG product placement (akin to commercial ads) on top of a big paycheck. LOL

• Love 4

I thought Bethenny looked shocked that anyone was talking back to her. Her eyes kept bugging out and her head would turn to Andy like can you believe this?Carole was so pissed and annoyed too, she seems so arrogant.

B's video of herself crying is pathetic, I wish someone would have called her out on it but maybe they didn't see it at the reunion.

Like someone mentioned things I wish would have been said:

Jules representing all jews is a stupid comment. She is not made to represent all people of any kind, she represents herself.

Carole should be the last person to discuss weight issues, and Jules should have said considering I do have an eating disorder that you guys kept discussing, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to not ask my weight before we eat pizza. That is a way to trigger something, and I think you were thoughtless in your approach. 

Saying Jules using her nany to stand in line is a bad thing... again the woman who had her wedding planner hold her dress so she could pee in a bucket... boundaries hello?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

LOL, think about it. It is bad enough to hear that your fiancé was caught kissing another woman but to hear it was a 2 hour make out session is insult on top of injury. And that would be the only thing that other eyewitnesses could say was different because there are pictures of them kissing, especially since it was the only thing that changed in Bethenny's story. A 2 hour make out session makes it worse IMO, than just 1 or 2 kisses, at least IMO.

No problem! LOL tumblr_nhtv4v5RPW1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Lol!!!  ok wait for real, make it personal to your real life.  Your husband.    Caught in a clutch, your honest reaction would be:  it wasn't two hours!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!!  ok wait for real, make it personal to your real life.  Your husband.    Caught in a clutch, your honest reaction would be:  it wasn't two hours!

Well, we have been married for 38 years so........any breach of our trust would be a giant issue but more so if he were caught making out for 2 hours, so Yes, the length of time does compound the hurt/humiliation. It doesn't negate the fact that he locked lips/tongues with another woman but it does make it worse. I would still be mad/hurt that he kissed someone else but I would be furious/crushed if it was a 2 hour make out session and I would be devastated/getting a divorce if he had had sex with her.

• Love 5