Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The problem is with Dorinda not John. He could do a lot better. He should do a lot better. But it is obvious that he is a fame whore and he deserves all the hits he gets for climbing Mount Slurry so he can get on TV.

I think Dorinda uses John.  Here she is saying she wants the focus on her next year and not John.   

John taking the conversation into the moist territory-embarrassing.  John standing up for himself to Bethenny when she said she felt like Dorinda was selling John to her-totally on point.

2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I don't see how John could even find anyone to date him,Imo.

he is uncouth, unfortunate looking and older.

free dry cleaning can only do so much for him.

John has a pleasant face he may carry a few extra pounds, but I bet there are a lot more people willing to date him than one would imagine.  He is 50, never been married, has a thriving business.  I like him better than a bottom dweller like Harry Dubin.  He can be uncouth, but the company his girlfriend keeps on the show should not be too shell shocked.  he might be able to pick up where Tom left off on the UES.  :-)

• Love 8

Michael's property is not so well hidden.  Do they own that triplex they live in on lower Fifth Avenue --- now one of THE PRICIEST spots in Manhattan?  Even renting, that would suck up most of Jules' court ordered monthly 10 thou.  And despite the unfinished house on it, that property alone in the Hamptons is probably worth way more than Bethenny's tiny Hamptons joint, which was mostly shown in closeups.

We'll see how it goes for Michael.  I suspect he ain't gonna be able to hide his dough & will have to settle a lot with Jules.  Good.  I knew the guy was a creep & a jerk.  Btw, I don't think the show hurt Jules as far as the divorce goes in court -- whether it has any effect there or not.  Despite some of the dopey things she said, she ALWAYS seemed like a caring mother.  Michael OTOH ranged from indifferent to uncaring as a father & never anything else.

OK, so what was Betheliar trying to accomplish with the crying jag tour of her old Tribeca joint Jason finally vacated?  I mean seriously, WTF was up with that shit?  Was I supposed to feel sympathy for her?  Uh, sorry, Betheliar, I don't!!!!  Didn't Betheliar herself play an enormous part in why that divorce dragged out for 4 years?  And she wants us to feel sorry for her for that shit?  Fuck off, Betheliar.

And speaking of Betheliar, it still gives me a chuckle how she's now throwing out those bullshit denials of surgery, as she did on WWHL.  Of course, Satan Andy didn't counter her much because he's terrified of her.  I dont blame him.  Counter her & you could get choked.  OK, so she really wants us to believe her jaw has gotten smaller because she's shooting up Botox?  I guess you think we're morons, eh, Betheliar?  What's the big deal, hun?  You're sooooo "brutally honest".  Why not admit to us you had your jaw shaved down, along with yet another (really terrible) nose job?  Yup, another day & yet more lies thrown at us by Betheliar.

Hey, is there actually a chance (please, please, oh please) Betheliar, the ruthless dictator, could be leaving the show?  Really?  Will the sun finally shine again?  Could her reign of terror finally, finally, finally end?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Many of us fat inappropriate affectionate malaprop outer borough guys have no problem getting dates. Or getting married and raising families. Not everybody can be as cool as Mario or as a sophisicado like Tom.

Trust me. John can do a whole lot better than Dorito Meddler. 

But as I said he is obviously a fame whore and he deserves all he gets. If he stays with her after she basically throws him under the bus all the time then there is something else going on. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, LadyK said:

I have been lurking forever and have finally decided to post as I feel that RHoNY has become so beyond the pale.  I have been reading these boards for years, beginning with TWoP, before migrating here, after it’s demise.  I actually grieved the loss, as I had been there forever; is it possible I was reading those boards when I was pregnant with my now 14 year old son? 

I think of all of you as old friends, even those with whom I vehemently disagree  and enjoy coming here to read your insights and opinions. This year, I have enjoyed the boards, significantly more than the show and often have not bothered with the telly.  I have watched many of the RH shows since the beginning, but being a Canadian on the West Coast, the shows were often broadcast several weeks after the US, and anything thoughts I had would have been long irrelevant.  Now that we receive a simulcast though, the shows have gone significantly downhill.  BH, OC, and NY have become altogether dreadful… Vicki, Kelly, Yolanda, Bethenny, and with her parasitic nature, Carole, have, iMO, played  pivotal roles in destroying what were once, fun, entertaining, OTT glimpses into lifestyles far outside my experience.

I digress before I’ve even begun.

This year’s season of NY housewives has been truly dismaying.   A poster earlier, {it might be some time before I sort out the quote functions, etc} questioned if there might be some serious mental issues with Ramona. Jules, very astutely, asked Bethenny what is wrong with her.  I sometimes think I must be watching Real Housewives of Bellevue.   I am not taking the piss with regard to mental illness, I believe it is very serious; overlooked, and underfunded, and all too often dismissed in today’s society.

Ramona has always been slightly “off” to me.  Rude, abrasive, yes, but it often appears that she really doesn’t connect at all.  There is a complete lack of social awareness and  inappropriate behavior that belies her frequent protestations of what is “classy”.

Bethenny has always been abrasive and outspoken, but it now appears something has snapped altogether.  I can’t say I have ever liked her.  Her protestations of being raised by wolves, pretensions of poverty have always  been a little too disingenuous.  I did appreciate her Greek Chorus in the first couple of seasons, but did not watch either her talk show or her two spinoffs, knowing that, for me, a little of her snark goes a long way and small doses were more than enough.

Her attitudes towards Heather, Kristen, and now Jules has been entirely reprehensible, but her rabid nature toward Luann this year {and I have never been a fan of Luann until the year she was “friend of”} was just beyond disgusting.  From the Berkshires trip,  to the meeting to discuss invited to Mexico, to the contrived reveal of Tom’s betrayal,  all were just completely  revolting.  Calling the boyfriend’s DAUGHTER to excuse, justify her hypocrisy??!  Indefensible!

Bethenny repeatedly defends her actions as protecting her brand.  Which, BTW, I think is poorly named,  whether it came from Luann or Skinny Cow.  In today’s image conscious society, I am of the opinion that “skinny” is an ugly word, and although I am not in Beth’s demographic, both of my daughters are, and they too dislike the term as they believe it is just as body shaming as the word, “fat”.   Ironic that Beth has made her fortune in this particular business, given her passionate stance on ED.

I am not at all talented with drawing, but in my mind’s eye, the Skinny Girl logo has been entirely reimaged from a sophisticated young woman with a cocktail in hand to a shrieking harridan  screaming abuse and profanities.  I will never buy this product in any shape or form.

Damn, that was good.

Two thumbs up.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Many of us fat inappropriate affectionate malaprop outer borough guys have no problem getting dates. Or getting married and raising families. Not everybody can be as cool as Mario or as a sophisicado like Tom.

But as I said he is obviously a fame whore and he deserves all he gets. If he stays with her after she basically throws him under the bus all the time then there is something else going on. 

When you look at it from 'the other side'? You have a woman who would be an embarrassment to have any dealings with.

While my standards are pretty low for a woman, I'd find Doritos not even ticking any of my 'Must Date' boxes.

My peeves?

Her inability to hold her liquor, mind her business and her desire to be the 'mom/politician/peacemaker/Don/confessor' of the group.

I find it infinitesimally sad to see anyone who is so fucked up that they do not make sense and should you try to intervene or comment on it, you are soundly told that it's part of their personality and they aren't hurting anyone?

Yeah, right.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

^^

I don't mind the plumpness but the moist comment and the juvenile humor are just too much.

How is she using him?

(I don't really believe that he supplies her with coke)

To me, without John she really doesn't have much of a storyline.  Granted he is part of her life, but it is as if she used him as a springboard, to be interesting and now he has served his purpose, she wants the focus on her.  Another RH that doesn't want her dating life on TV. 

• Love 6

Well ElDosEquis you and I look at it differently because we are dudes. 

As a dude there are certain types you want to stay away from. That is what the RHONY is set up to be. Archetypes of a certain type of New York Woman. Of course it omits most of the woman you meet in New York. It is all upper east side white women. No people of color. No outer borough ethnics. No real hipsters just fifty year old faux hipsters. No actual religious people be they Jewish, Catholic or Muslim. There is a vast variety of New York Housewives that are not permitted on any show controlled by Satan Andy. 

As a guy the only women you would think of dating are Luann, Jules or Sonja. Because Ramona is a lunatic bunny boiler, Dorinda a sloppy contentious mess and Bethenny/Carole bitter misshapen shrews.

Now that is just one fat inappropriate outer borough guys perspective. Your mileage might vary.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Dorinda absolutely said Tom asked her to lie.  Ramona actually said - I can't believe he's asking you to lie.  And in her TH, Dorinda said she would not lie for Tom.  I don't understand why this is still being argued.  It's not subjective.   It's not open to interpretation.  One could argue Dorinda misunderstood, or exaggerated, but she absolutely used the word lie. 

Actually, in the conversation Dorinda had with Ro, Dorinda never said that Tom asked her to lie. Ro did. Dorinda said that Tom wanted to bring over two waiters from the Regency and have Dorinda relay what they said to the other women.  Dorinda said that it didn't matter what the waiters said because of the pictures.  In Dorinda's TH, she said that she wouldn't represent them, lie for them or be put in that position.  She's out.

The problem with this for me is that it seems that Dorinda is assuming what these waiters were going to say.  Obviously, because of the two pictures, Tom kissed this woman.  There's no getting around this and I have no doubt that Tom and Lu realized that.  It seemed to me that the purpose of Dorinda meeting with these waiters were to address the one, then two hours of making out that was claimed by Beth through someone else.  Heck, I can understand that Dorinda didn't want any part of the 'meeting' but she was not in a position to assume what the waiters were going to say. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Well ElDosEquis you and I look at it differently because we are dudes. 

As a dude there are certain types you want to stay away from. That is what the RHONY is set up to be. Archetypes of a certain type of New York Woman. Of course it omits most of the woman you meet in New York. It is all upper east side white women. No people of color. No outer borough ethnics. No real hipsters just fifty year old faux hipsters. No actual religious people be they Jewish, Catholic or Muslim. There is a vast variety of New York Housewives that are not permitted on any show controlled by Satan Andy. 

As a guy the only women you would think of dating are Luann, Jules or Sonja. Because Ramona is a lunatic bunny boiler, Dorinda a sloppy contentious mess and Bethenny/Carole bitter misshapen shrews.

Now that is just one fat inappropriate outer borough guys perspective. Your mileage might vary.

LOL, I am a fat, inappropriate rude guy from way outside the zip code.

I am amazed that there aren't MORE comments about how this group (Ro, Do, So, Caro and beffy) are NOT the typical NY kinda gal.

I'd date Luann for her discretion, stay away from So - Jeezus, I can see doing something like lending her a jacket on a cold night and finding out that we were Eff Buddies? I could NEVER date Jules because I couldn't look at her in the eye without swooning

I am a guy and shiny, pretty things intrigue me and make me lose track of my senses.....

--------------

Ro a singer, a female singer

Do, I'm blahblahblahblah blum?

So, a name, I call myself

Caro, she lives in bethy's bum

Beffy the havoc that she spreads

Lu, extra teeth for giving head

Jules she kicked Mike out of bed...

Which does bring us back to Soooooooo

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Actually, in the conversation Dorinda had with Ro, Dorinda never said that Tom asked her to lie. Ro did. Dorinda said that Tom wanted to bring over two waiters from the Regency and have Dorinda relay what they said to the other women.  Dorinda said that it didn't matter what the waiters said because of the pictures.  In Dorinda's TH, she said that she wouldn't represent them, lie for them or be put in that position.  She's out.

The problem with this for me is that it seems that Dorinda is assuming what these waiters were going to say.  Obviously, because of the two pictures, Tom kissed this woman.  There's no getting around this and I have no doubt that Tom and Lu realized that.  It seemed to me that the purpose of Dorinda meeting with these waiters were to address the one, then two hours of making out that was claimed by Beth through someone else.  Heck, I can understand that Dorinda didn't want any part of the 'meeting' but she was not in a position to assume what the waiters were going to say. 

I would certainly imagine that Dorinda was given some info from Tom when he called as to what was going on. How do we know that he didn't tell her what the waiters intended to say? All we know is that Tom asked Dorinda to do something she she felt uncomfortable with. That she said she wasn't willing to lie. That when she said she wasn't going to do something that made her feel uncomfortable, he threatened her with an end to a friendship. What else is there to know? This is the kind of guy that would put a friend in that kind of a position pretty much says it all. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, LadyK said:

Bethenny repeatedly defends her actions as protecting her brand.  Which, BTW, I think is poorly named,  whether it came from Luann or Skinny Cow.  In today’s image conscious society, I am of the opinion that “skinny” is an ugly word, and although I am not in Beth’s demographic, both of my daughters are, and they too dislike the term as they believe it is just as body shaming as the word, “fat”.   Ironic that Beth has made her fortune in this particular business, given her passionate stance on ED..

Bethenny does defend her actions as protecting her brand, doesn't she?  Strange & ironic, considering so much of what she said & did this season, eh?  You know, of all the hateful bile she spewed this season, my pick of the worst of it (and there was so much to choose from) was the way she so cruelly mocked Jules' ED's.  And she didn't do it just once.  She did it over & over & over & over -- and literally from very second Jules first appeared.  And this coming from someone who invented the brand SKINNYGIRL?  Um, huh?

9 hours ago, Trooper York said:

From what I observe on the show, John seems really into her.  Don't ask me to explain it.  

John does himself no favors by being on the show.  I'd like to say he gets a shitty edit & maybe he does, but he does himself no favors by what he says & how he acts.  Sure, you can say he's being himself, but still, it's worth repeating -- he does himself no favors.  Uh, he's gotta know the cams are there.  He could reign it in -- even if a teeny bit.  He seems to go the opposite way & play up his aggressive slob side.  Hey, it's on him if he chooses to do that.  Look, we could make an easy guess how John is not exactly Satan Andy's style.  But John seems to be playing into Satan Andy's obvious desire to mock a boroughs guy.  Maybe he too is under the notion any publicity is good publicity -- or he is just a fame ho.

Seriously, what does Dorinda have going on?  Sounds like not much.  The only thing interesting about her is the Berkshires joint and John.  And how often are they supposed to venture out to the Berkshires?  So all she's got is John.  Does she really want to reduce John's time on the show?  Really?  Oh Dorinda, if you do that -- girl, you in trouble.  Guess there's always the shit-stirring & getting sloppy drunk.  Mmmm, let's see what ugly road that'll send ya down, Dorinda.  You may wanna think about where that road will lead to before ya go down there, hun.

John could try for another attempt at a showdown with Bethenny.  Seems pretty stupid to me.  On this show, Bethenny is now the supreme dictator of terror.  Not only does he have zero chance of winning, he'll surely come out looking horrible.  She wouldn't permit anything else.  Look at what she's doing now with these accusations of drug use.  I only hope she does or says something to him he can sue her over.  It's disheartening to think Bethenny's reign of terror, horror & hatred is unstoppable.  Could the sweaty & moist slob from Queens stop her?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I don't see how John could even find anyone to date him,Imo.

he is uncouth, unfortunate looking and older.

free dry cleaning can only do so much for him.

John is one of the premiere dry cleaners in New York. He does the dry cleaning for a ton prominent UESiders, the Costume Institute  (which holds the annual Met ball/gala), many of the broadway shows, and a bunch of the big designers when they get the dresses that they've loaned out to celebrities. Additionally he has a 24hr service for a select group of clients. I wouldn't be surprised if his 24hr service had helped some prominent manhattanites avoid any number of scandals. So while John is crass and uncouth, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the above would happily help John out with a favor at a moment's notice. John's business is really well respected and has a bunch of famous and prominent clients. However, his appearance on this show undermines his very legitimate and well respected business. Every time I see him, he comes off like Tony Soprano running one of those front businesses that he had to launder his mob money.

• Love 17

A little bit about Madam Paulette's, John and sadly Dorinda.  Apparently she is not too good to go to Queens everyday.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/dorinda-medley-boyfriend-heir-to-legendary-business  Enjoy.  I think John comes off well and very proud of his business.

All I could think of is how much is it to have a shirt done:  https://madamepaulette.com/

John is branching out.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Animal Planet.Troops...

Raised by Wolves - Documentary - 1 hour.

RbW follows a woman. who claims to be raised by wolves, on her quest to become part of society. "Wolves" is a ground breaking film that examines Beth Frankel's life in New York and her inability to fit in with the people around her. Follow Beth every step of the way - from her failures to be polite or nose out of people's business, howling at perceived slights and her snarling/snapping at the ankles of anyone in the area.  One mystery that eludes the filmmakers is the secrecy the surrounds her personal life, such as dating married men and raising a child - instead focusing on the Beth on the prowl, stalking and attacking innocent people on the Upper East Side!

Maybe, a helpful guide for Bethenney™ :

*British T.V. Show (2013-present)  --based on the childhood of writer, Caitlin Moran, entitled  --"Raised by Wolves". 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

. What else is there to know? This is the kind of guy that would put a friend in that kind of a position pretty much says it all. 

I think it's clear Dorinda often exaggerates/converts an emotional reaction into a real world fact -- but even putting that aside,  in Tom's defense, it was just a work friend and not his daughter. On this demented show, that makes him a regular Prince Charming.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

John shouldn't take the bullet for production. They need a substitute villain to take the heat off of Frankelstein. 

They film hours and hours of stuff that never makes it to the screen. The editing monkeys pick and choose the footage to enhance Satan Andy's narrative. John is the kind of guy that Andy hates. So he will do whatever he can to destroy him. Every faux pas will be magnified. Every mistake will be highlighted. He will be accused of doing drugs. Bragging about his sexual exploits. Dorinda will be featured treating him like shit. Even his chance to showcase his very successful business was turned into a shit storm. So he really would be wise to not film next year. But as it has been noted that would be the end of Dorinda's storyline. Think about it. Her relationship with John has really been the focus of her time on the show. Other than her John's Bargain Store decorations and drunken outbursts where she demands that passing black men hang up her coat. So without John what's she got? 

As Tony Soprano would say "uh gotz."

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Trooper York said:

So would that make Andy the ultimate UES gay?  Or is he trying to keep up with the Marios and Toms of the world?

• Love 1

I think you hit the nail on the head. It is a mongoose/cobra or Coyote/Road Runner thing.

The contempt most regular guys have would be directed at douches like Mario, Tom and Michael.  Although we didn't see enough of Tom to really make a decision and Michael seemed normal at the start until we found out he was stepping out on his wife.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyK said:

Bethenny repeatedly defends her actions as protecting her brand.  Which, BTW, I think is poorly named,  whether it came from Luann or Skinny Cow.  In today’s image conscious society, I am of the opinion that “skinny” is an ugly word, and although I am not in Beth’s demographic, both of my daughters are, and they too dislike the term as they believe it is just as body shaming as the word, “fat”.   Ironic that Beth has made her fortune in this particular business, given her passionate stance on ED.

I am not at all talented with drawing, but in my mind’s eye, the Skinny Girl logo has been entirely reimaged from a sophisticated young woman with a cocktail in hand to a shrieking harridan  screaming abuse and profanities.  I will never buy this product in any shape or form.

I think Bethenny believes her persona is her brand, therefore anyone questioning her, doubting her, calling her out for her ugly nasty vulgar OTT behavior or someone just not agreeing with her and doing/saying what they want/believe is a direct attack on SKG. No one "attacked" her brand this season, that is until she, Bethenny, attacked them first and really it was only John. And he only went there after she claimed he was "lit up" and a few other digs at him.

IN other words, if you disagree with Bethenny in any way, she considers that as an "attack" on her "brand"! Talk about EGO! LOL

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So would that make Andy the ultimate UES gay?  Or is he trying to keep up with the Marios and Toms of the world?

He lives in the West Village.  He certainly ventures in the Upper East Side world (I mean with the characters who inhabit it) thru Hamptons parties & also the vast number of charity events which start up in the Fall (many, many of 'em are on the Upper East Side), go into full blast in December and last until Spring of the next year.  Maybe he sees himself as an outsider in this UES world, as his palsy-wasly Bethenny pushes at us that she does.  Not sure why he would.  There are endless pics of him looking mighty comfy & enjoying himself immensely with these characters.

Still, I get the impression he wants to mock UES'ers, just as much as Bethenny ALWAYS seems to want to mock 'em -- every time she mocks Moaner or Lu or Sonja, who are ALL UES'ers.  But who can tell with Bethenny?  She hates everyone.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

He lives in the West Village.  He certainly ventures in that world (I mean with characters who inhabit it) thru Hamptons parties & also the vast number of charity events which start up in the Fall (many, many of 'em are on the Upper East Side), go into full blast in December and last until Spring of the next year.  Maybe he sees himself as an outsider in this world, as his palsy-wasly Bethenny pushes at us that she does.  Not sure why he would.  There are endless pics of him looking mighty comfy & enjoying himself immensely with these characters.

His friends (and I think they are good friends) include Anderson Cooper and Kelly Ripa and her husband.  In fact, he and Cooper recently did some kind of speaking tour together, and he's been on Cooper's CNN segment at least once that I remember - I think someone had died and Andy was talking about it.  He also considers Sarah Jessica Parker one of his best friends. That's the circle he runs in.

Here he is vacationing with Diana Von Furstenberg and her husband (and they meet up with Kelly Ripa):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3524586/Andy-Cohen-joins-Barry-Diller-Diane-von-Furstenberg-tropical-yacht-vacation-meeting-friend-Kelly-Ripa-Mustique-way.html

While I believe he and Bethenny are friends, I doubt she is on his A list. 

• Love 5

I don't think Dorinda will keep John off the show, even though that's what she's saying right now. John is partly what makes her interesting. I'm not sure she's using him, she seems content with her life as a single woman in a committed relationship. He's clearly different from her deceased husband and her daughter dislikes him, so based on that I think she will not marry or co-habitate with John any time soon, if ever. She's had the traditional life with traditional men and the traditional marriages; she clearly wants a change from that. She says she loves him. They seem like they have their eyes wide open and are under no illusions about who their with.

• Love 5

Well you can bet that he is not friends with guys like John...sweaty chubby working people who own their business. He mocks them as a matter of course.

That is one of the things that I use to decide if I like a character on the Housewives. Are they true to themselves. Their history. Their "character." Nothing is more odious than being a phony.

A good example is Luann. When she was the haughty Countess dispensing etiquette advice I thought she was a joke and a fool. But when she morphed into the good time party girl who unapologetically banged her way through life I totally turned around and became her partisan 100% and I am ride or die with Luann.  In fact if I was single I would really be ride or die. Just sayn'

• Love 8

Someone tweeted to Andy that they thought he was the one  who sent Bethenny the pictures of Tom.   He replied:

"I promise I didn't and I wish I would've brought that up last night"  (September 8, so maybe he was referring to WWHL) but anyway, he's really getting alot of negative tweets.

https://twitter.com/Andy/status/773975640462745602

He also hasn't asked that question at the reunion yet.  Anyone else, I think he would have been all over it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

John is one of the premiere dry cleaners in New York. He does the dry cleaning for a ton prominent UESiders, the Costume Institute  (which holds the annual Met ball/gala), many of the broadway shows, and a bunch of the big designers when they get the dresses that they've loaned out to celebrities. Additionally he has a 24hr service for a select group of clients. I wouldn't be surprised if his 24hr service had helped some prominent manhattanites avoid any number of scandals. So while John is crass and uncouth, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the above would happily help John out with a favor at a moment's notice. John's business is really well respected and has a bunch of famous and prominent clients. However, his appearance on this show undermines his very legitimate and well respected business. Every time I see him, he comes off like Tony Soprano running one of those front businesses that he had to launder his mob money.

neither his business nor his business acumen is in question here, his personality is just so off putting imo.

It is really an interesting choice of mate for Dorinda.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Well you can bet that he is not friends with guys like John...sweaty chubby working people who own their business. He mocks them as a matter of course.

That is one of the things that I use to decide if I like a character on the Housewives. Are they true to themselves. Their history. Their "character." Nothing is more odious than being a phony.

A good example is Luann. When she was the haughty Countess dispensing etiquette advice I thought she was a joke and a fool. But when she morphed into the good time party girl who unapologetically banged her way through life I totally turned around and became her partisan 100% and I am ride or die with Luann.  In fact if I was single I would really be ride or die. Just sayn'

Andy comes from a family of grocers. While he might be a total asshole, I don't think he has ever expressed any contempt for tradesmen.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

If I can get Jules to go, how's about a double date?

I think that would be fun!

(My wife has given me a pass for Helen Mirren, since THAT ain't happening..........)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Just to clarify, Michael is the one who filed.   Which was a smart move, it takes her ability to use adultery off the table.  Unless he's alleging that she cheated, it wouldn't be listed as a cause.   Excluding some specific contractual reference to a breach of fidelity, like a pre or postnup clause, it has no monetary value in divorce proceedings.  Its only purpose is to use as grounds.  The Home Goods pics are for her to counter his claims that (due to the show, his business is suffering) he can't afford to pay $10K a month.........while running around town in a chauffeured car, wearing Tom Fords, shopping in the middle of a weekday (even though business is suffering).   They may also be of use to her to state that since they're not divorced yet, all the cash he has spent on his mistress (I think the article that picture came from said they were getting knicknacks for the place he just bought her) is a marital asset.    He's screwed.  I hope. 

Well, you can file a counter-petition for divorce.  But I think someone said NY has abolished fault grounds, and generally grounds for divorce don't influence the property and custody decisions anyway.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, shoegal said:

The point is- why does Jules even have to reference the ladies age at all if she just wants to point out their bad behavior?  Why can't she just point out their bad behavior?  There is no point in referencing them being "elderly" or "menopausal" other than to be rude, and catty and age shaming.  As to your point that Jules will always be younger than these ladies "until the day she dies".....that's the other part of the problem- it's treating being younger than someone else as some sort of accomplishment.  It's not, but it I think Jules (and Brandi) thinks differently.

I don't remember what Carole said about LuAnn acting her age.  I'm sure someone can refresh my memory LOL

Older people reference the age of younger people all of the time when they want to 'call out' behaviour or a way of thinking that they disagree with. This is something that is considered common and relatively accepted. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard the phrase 'these young people today...'. I think it's unfair to see the flip side of that situation as age shaming. Her comments were rude, but it wasn't shaming. If they were stand alone comments, then they would definitely be considered shaming. But they never were - she used their ages to highlight just how misbehaved the women were. The younger person says 'you're old enough, you should know better'. The older person says, you haven't experienced enough to understand but you will one day. Same coin, just different sides. 

With Carole, when Luann showed up to Bethenny's party, she randomly brought a hula hoop and started hula hooping. It was an awkward thing to do and it would have been understandable to call it as much. Carole instead said that Luann is embarrassing and should act her age. That is more shaming than anything Jules said but of course Carole was pissed off at the time (and it seems like she still is anyhow). Carole is going to tell someone to act their age because they were hula hooping but when Jules comments about the women's age in reference to their crazy and dysfunctional behaviour, that's shaming? Nope, sorry...that doesn't work in my books. We'd just have to agree to disagree. Not saying that Jules' comments were innocent and without the intention of insult - but it seems we're calling it different things.

• Love 15
On September 8, 2016 at 6:01 PM, mothmonsterman said:

I feel like Bethenny is seriously mentally ill.  I keep thinking about her walking through the apartment while being filmed; opening doors and crying.  It was so damned strange.  She blows up at things, is super hyper, is nasty, is ultra-sensitive and is just...off.  Her brain truly doesn't process information like normal people.  Everything is someone else's fault, then she acts like she takes responsibility for something, but then tries to explain why she is still completely right, even if she is wrong.  

imo Bravo very purposely chooses one or two women who seem to have narcissistic personality disorder for each show because their brains really don't process information like others, and they come with a standard toolbox of creepy tactics that keep cast members confused and hurt - and the shows filled with drama. It may be categorized as a "personality disorder" rather than a "mental illness" but these people are certainly not well. I wish Bravo would get more creative when it comes to casting.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Someone tweeted to Andy that they thought he was the one  who sent Bethenny the pictures of Tom.   He replied:

"I promise I didn't and I wish I would've brought that up last night"  (September 8, so maybe he was referring to WWHL) but anyway, he's really getting alot of negative tweets.

https://twitter.com/Andy/status/773975640462745602

He also hasn't asked that question at the reunion yet.  Anyone else, I think he would have been all over it.

I'm really glad to hear he's getting negative tweets.  Otherwise it means everybody loved & adored Bethenny's hatefest except me & few others.  And that notion makes me sick.

Jules, where did you get that stunning dress?  Exquisite!

Carole, you really look like a fool at this reunion -- and I mean your hair, makeup, stupid dress & ANY dumb babble which comes outta your frozen ass-kissing-Bethenny mug.

Bethenny, you look terrible at this reunion.  Sure, the non-stop hate-spewing doesn't help, but the dress doesn't fit & your nose is so cut-off now, you're looking like Michael Jackson before he died.

• Love 5
On 9/8/2016 at 7:12 AM, mwell345 said:

He has the byline, so I'm assuming he did write it.

I wonder how the other HW's and Andy for that matter, feel about Bethenny bringing up cocaine use again on WWHL.  I know if I was a cast member I would be furious at the allegations - (as furious as the Queen was when her intergrity was questioned because she was accused of seeing a married man).

It's not something that should be tossed around because it can have very serious consequences. 

I know it will never happen but I so wish that the others would unite and refuse to film with her next season.  What would Bravo did, get rid of all of them, and then expect people to buy into that they're not catering to Bethenny?   But since at least 2 of them are so far up her butt they would have to be surgically removed, I can forget that dream.

Ya know, I can't even express how disappointed and disgusted I was when Andy brought it up in the first place.  It was bad enough that the accusation was thrown out there by Bethenny during the season, but then to give her an even bigger platform from which to spew her vile crap was way, way over the line. Then, she has yet MORE airtime during which she can accuse all the livelong day when she's on WWHL.   Some things should just not be discussed. 

Interesting, though, isn't it - anything and everything ABOUT Bethenny is off limits, but as far as what comes out of her, NOTHING is off limits.... 

• Love 17
On 9/8/2016 at 6:01 PM, mothmonsterman said:

I feel like Bethenny is seriously mentally ill.  I keep thinking about her walking through the apartment while being filmed; opening doors and crying.  It was so damned strange.  She blows up at things, is super hyper, is nasty, is ultra-sensitive and is just...off.  Her brain truly doesn't process information like normal people.  Everything is someone else's fault, then she acts like she takes responsibility for something, but then tries to explain why she is still completely right, even if she is wrong.  

I'll go with mentally ill.  But she is Ms. Marketing & Branding Genius.  Maybe that was her idea of showing off the joint.  Now she'll send that vid of her dumbass crying jag to every broker in the city.  Man, even if I had the dough to buy that place -- uh, no way.  The scary hatefulness of Bethenny's stank will linger on there forever.  Brrrrrr.  Thanks for the reminder, Bethenny, that Halloween's a-comin'.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'll go with mentally ill.  But she is Ms. Marketing & Branding Genius.  Maybe that was her idea of showing off the joint.  Now she'll send that vid of her dumbass crying jag to every broker in the city.  Man, even if I had the dough to buy that place -- uh, no way.  The scary hatefulness of Bethenny's stank will linger on there forever.  Brrrrrr.  Thanks for the reminder, Bethenny, that Halloween's a-comin'.

Bethenny only did that because she was a callous ass, talking about roller skating through the  apartment with her "tits" hanging out and various other takes on being over the  top giddy and gushing over the divorce being finalized.  Since her comments weren't funny or taken well she reversed the trend with her totally inappropriate crybaby video.  http://www.eonline.com/news/754119/bethenny-frankel-plans-a-wild-post-divorce-party-with-body-paint-strippers-fireworks-and-skinnygirl-enemas 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, LadyK said:

Bethenny has always been abrasive and outspoken, but it now appears something has snapped altogether. 

This is what I'm picking up too.  She's gone over the edge and I doubt she's ever coming back. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

neither his business nor his business acumen is in question here, his personality is just so off putting imo.

It is really an interesting choice of mate for Dorinda.

Yeah, but I don't think viewers are getting the whole picture of what John is about if they're not aware of his business & its great reputation.  The show isn't putting that out there.  Not even Dorinda is doing that.  I could live without Bethenny's (and shithead Carole's) nasty judgements & observations on John.  Fuck off, Bethenny & Carole.  Let viewers come to their own conclusions about whether they think he's slimy or "sweaty".  Neither of you 2 assholes like to be judged.  You 2 assholes both whine & cry if anyone dares to judge you.   And yet it's perfectly OK for you both to judge everyone else, eh?  You both really suck.

I hated the drug accusations.  Sonja was a shithead to continue harping on it, but Satan Andy was an even bigger shithead for bringing it up in the first place.  Lu was unkind to shut down discussion of it without first saying something about how Dorinda vehemently denied it & that should end discussion of it.  Bethenny's confident accusations were vile.  These accusations can ruin people's lives.  She doesn't care.  And neither does Satan Andy.  Another reminder of what horrible people they both are.

As far as John as a choice for a partner for Dorinda?  I've said it before.  They seem like mirror images of one another -- in their personalities.  She's a very crass woman -- very much the opposite of the men she married, who both seemed like ultra intellectual, sophisticated men.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Dorinda absolutely said Tom asked her to lie.  Ramona actually said - I can't believe he's asking you to lie.  And in her TH, Dorinda said she would not lie for Tom.  I don't understand why this is still being argued.  It's not subjective.   It's not open to interpretation.  One could argue Dorinda misunderstood, or exaggerated, but she absolutely used the word lie. 

I said the above.  Followed by this response:

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Actually, you're stating what I said in my post.  Where's the disagreement?

Yes, Ramona is first to use the word "lie".  But it's very telling that Dorinda doesn't respond with - "What the hell are you talking about Ramona?  I did not say that".  My post was in response to a post saying definitively that Dorinda never used the word lie.  She did, as you noted.  

I don't understand all the parsing of words.  I'm having BH flash backs of sacred cow LVP.  It's frustrating to rehash the same thing, so I'm staying out of the next claim that Dorinda never said Tom asked her to lie.  I think I've made my point. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, Ramona is first to use the word "lie".  But it's very telling that Dorinda doesn't respond with - "What the hell are you talking about Ramona?  I did not say that".  My post was in response to a post saying definitively that Dorinda never used the word lie.  She did, as you noted.  

I don't understand all the parsing of words.  I'm having BH flash backs of sacred cow LVP.  It's frustrating to rehash the same thing, so I'm staying out of the next claim that Dorinda never said Tom asked her to lie.  I think I've made my point. 

What was Tom asking Dorinda to lie about?  That is the more important question.  Dorinda may need to choose her words more carefully.  She wasn't there, she had no first hand knowledge and any first accounts she might receive were lost when she didn't listen to what the wait staff had to say.

it is a bit of puffery on Dorinda's part.

• Love 6

Andy allowing Bethy to use the reunion as a show and tell was ludicrous. On the other hand, it did allow her to further reveal herself as vile, hateful and finally, ridiculous. She simply deserves mockery. I am sure she reviewed and edited her little video, and was sure it would cause viewers to feel her pain. Not likely. Her years in porno films did not teach her any acting chops...witness her palsied hands shaking as she sucked on a bottle of SG, alone in a very big bed after attacking Lu...and then dragging herself thru an empty apt. crying over tacky furniture...not the stuff of Emmy dreams. I encourage her to make more of her self-indulgent little epics, and to persuade Andy to show every one...go ahead, make me laugh.

• Love 17

In the past I was a big fan of Bethenny, but this season I found her hard to watch.  She took things with Lu way too far.  What did Lu do to make her that angry?  Whore, slut, f..kdoll ..... What middle aged mom talks like that about another woman. 

Jules's age comments were light jabs especially considering how the mean girls were treating her.  I think Dorinda feels maternally protective of Jules so in defending her she pointed out that Carole is old enough to be her mother.  In fact, Carol is much closer in age to Jules's mother.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Actually I'm not.  You stated that Tom absolutely asked Dorinda to lie.  When did Tom do that?  When did Dorinda say Tom asked her lie?  She said he wanted her to meet with two waiters.  She made a statement in a TH afterward that she wouldn't lie for them but she never said Tom asked her to lie. 

You also left out half my post. 

Best we agree to disagree on this.  But, I do agree that at times LVP is a sacred cow.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Yeah, but I don't think viewers are getting the whole picture of what John is about if they're not aware of his business & its great reputation.  The show isn't putting that out there.  Not even Dorinda is doing that.  I could live without Bethenny's (and shithead Carole's) nasty judgements & observations on John.  Fuck off, Bethenny & Carole.  Let viewers come to their own conclusions about whether they think he's slimy or "sweaty".  Neither of you 2 assholes like to be judged.  You 2 assholes both whine & cry if anyone dares to judge you.   And yet it's perfectly OK for you both to judge everyone else, eh?  You both really suck.

I hated the drug accusations.  Sonja was a shithead to continue harping on it, but Satan Andy was an even bigger shithead for bringing it up in the first place.  Lu was unkind to shut down discussion of it without first saying something about how Dorinda vehemently denied it & that should end discussion of it.  Bethenny's confident accusations were vile.  These accusations can ruin people's lives.  She doesn't care.  And neither does Satan Andy.  Another reminder of what horrible people they both are.

As far as John as a choice for a partner for Dorinda?  I've said it before.  They seem like mirror images of one another -- in their personalities.  She's a very crass woman -- very much the opposite of the men she married, who both seemed like ultra intellectual, sophisticated men.

As far as Madame Paulette losing business because of Bethany's baseless accusation, it is very doubtful.

I worked for a well known French designer house in my college years who used them, they are the primo firm to do business with. Besides, drug consumption in fashion is very much accepted.

I never thought of Dorinda as the female counterpart of John but I agree that she might be her female counterpart. Great point.

As far as Dorinda being asked to lie about Regentgate, she is the one who insisted that Carole had insinuated that he was a pig when she only wrote give her an apple.

Was Dorinda sober when she got that call?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sai said:

Speaking of Bethenny going through her apartment, why was it empty?  Did Jason sell all the furniture or take it with him?  I don't understand.

She is getting the apartment staged for resale.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kath72366 said:

Jules's age comments were light jabs especially considering how the mean girls were treating her.  I think Dorinda feels maternally protective of Jules so in defending her she pointed out that Carole is old enough to be her mother.  In fact, Carol is much closer in age to Jules's mother.

Also, there's a big difference in jokes about aging -- something natural (and unavoidable) as opposed to a physical/mental disorder.  Jules' comments weren't about their appearance, just their behavior. 

I wish Jules had felt comfortable enough to open up with one of the women -- maybe they would have been more understanding, learned something.  She admitted to throwing up, but she didn't talk about why.  I was curious about the why.  Does food make her feel ill?  What's her relationship with food? 

All I know (or all I've heard) about anorexia and bulimia is that it's related to body image -- people with the disorder see themselves differently -- but is that really it?  Can someone who looks like Jules really see themselves as fat?  Or fear getting fat?  See what I mean -- I don't know, and I didn't learn anything from following Jules.

On the other hand, if she had opened up, maybe we would have gotten sick of her, like Yolanda and her Lyme disease.

• Love 3

Oh someone who looks like Jules can absolutely think they look fat or can fear getting fat. I went high school with someone with anorexia. She did require inpatient treatment a couple of times. Her menstrual cycle did stop because of her ED. She did develop lanugo at some point. It was brutal to watch her eat because she had never really had that ease that a person without an eating disorder has when there is a plate of food in front of them. It just looked so painful for her. She did get a little better, but she died 3 years later of a heart attack because of all the damage she had done before.

Yolanda is the last person that Jules needs to emulate. I think Jules was pretty candid with the women and the show, but she is so inarticulate and lacking in any self preservation mechanisms that there bound to be questions about where she was in her recovery. After the pizza party, a lot of us questioned if Jules should be drinking while taking her pain meds. Some of that weirdness in relation to food at the party made some folks watching the episode wonder where Jules is in her recovery. For whatever strange reason, Jules didn't really talk about her injury, but seemed to blab about her ED. In some ways she's her own worst enemy. She's blabbing intimate info to people she doesn't know and joking with her husband that she's not capable of caring for their children. Kristen couldn't cook either, but she was filmed trying to pass off someone else's cooking as her own not proclaiming ignorance as to how one boils water. Also self deprecating jokes work best when you can subvert them by being secretly brilliant. This is basically the entire foundation of Goldie Hawn's career or the core concept behind the Legally Blonde movies. Jules doesn't seem to get that you can only make yourself the butt of jokes for so long before people think that's who you really are.

• Love 7

I binge-watched the first two reunion episodes last night.

Total agreement that Bethenny (no matter how the hell you spell her name) was reprehensible.  

The point I picked up and am not sure was mentioned here is how Bethenny's (married) boyfriend thinks her truth cannon method of communication is 'cute'.  Yeah, until it is turned on him.  She is unapologetically horrid.

She is a vile, self-centered individual who is only interested in her version of truth so long as it doesn't pertain to or involve her.  If the entire cast opted not to film with her next season, Andy might be able to buy a clue.  Spin her off on her own show so that I can have an easier job of ignoring her and her venom.  She is a viper and belongs anywhere where she cannot hurt people.  Isolation would be the worst thing for her and is all she deserves.

And these comments I have written are the only ones I can speak in mixed company.  She deserves all the sadness and misery that life can give her.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Also, there's a big difference in jokes about aging -- something natural (and unavoidable) as opposed to a physical/mental disorder.  Jules' comments weren't about their appearance, just their behavior. 

I wish Jules had felt comfortable enough to open up with one of the women -- maybe they would have been more understanding, learned something.  She admitted to throwing up, but she didn't talk about why.  I was curious about the why.  Does food make her feel ill?  What's her relationship with food? 

All I know (or all I've heard) about anorexia and bulimia is that it's related to body image -- people with the disorder see themselves differently -- but is that really it?  Can someone who looks like Jules really see themselves as fat?  Or fear getting fat?  See what I mean -- I don't know, and I didn't learn anything from following Jules.

On the other hand, if she had opened up, maybe we would have gotten sick of her, like Yolanda and her Lyme disease.

A lot if it is control and seeking perfection.  For people who feel their life is beyond their control, there is comfort in controlling their diet and food intake.   While Jules vaguely stated she has all of the EDS, she seems to be primarily an anorexic.  Anorexia can be extreme food restriction, abuse of laxatives and extreme exercise.  But there's also a type of anorexia that includes binging and purging, like bulimia.  Anorexics don't respond to starvation like a non-anorexic.  They have a change in brain chemistry and they actually get a high off of it and even an addiction to the chemicals released by the brain, from starvation and extreme exercise.  Body dysmorphis can be part of anorexia, but it's considered part of OCD, which can be a comorbidity with anorexia.

Jules shows most of the symptoms, IMO.  Besides her emaciated appearance, we saw her difficulty trying to put food in her mouth, playing with food on her plate rather than eating, tainting her food so she couldn't eat it, excuses why she couldn't eat, and surrounding herself with large amounts of food, but not partaking.  And while posters comments were often interpreted as being cruel or picking on Jules, I posted on the topic because as much as she seemed open about the issue, she was clearly in denial and relapsing.  She talked frequently and immediately about her ED, to diffuse speculation and indicate that she's in control of her disease.  And as much as some posters say it was a good teaching moment, etc., I don't agree - primarily because Jules was presenting herself as in recovery and healthy until near the end of the season.  I can't imagine anyone who knew little about EDs learned much from her storyline.

As wrong as some think it was for Beth and Carole to discuss Jules's weight, it was definitely wrong for Dorinda to point out Jules's weight gain at the reunion.  That's potential trigger territory.   Dorinda could have said you look healthy, good, happy, etc.  But do not tell an anorexic you can tell they've gained weight.  

And none of this is intended to be criticism of Jules and how she acted this season.  She was relapsing quite obviously, and her struggles were real.  I do not want Jules back because this show is not healthy for her.  Besides the drama, inherent stress, manufactured and genuine fighting, the fact is most episodes revolve around food and the eating of food.  We already saw how the camera deliberately zoomed in and focused on Jules struggling to eat - which she stated at the reunion really bothered her.  This show is not concerned about Jules's health or invested in her recovery.  It's about drama and documenting failures.  The show is not a well-wisher, and I hope Jules has that figured out (like I think Kristen did).

• Love 19