Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tchschanks, Ewl-lie!

Wahrs ma mah-tee-neh with exschrah ell-offs?

Your drink, Ma'am.

And may I ask from where you originally hail?  From you accent, I'd venture a guess you are from Slur-vakia?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I often end up giving the Most Hated Housewife the benefit of the doubt.  Camille, Kelly, Aviva, YOLANDA. Heh.  But I honestly can't imagine ever seeing anything redeeming about Bethenny. 

She could join a convent, open an animal shelter and spend every weekend feeding the homeless.  I'd still think she was doing all those things for a reason to benefit Bethenny. 

I still side eye every single one of those housewives. I know that Camille is supposed to be untouchable now ever since she consulted with her PR people and had her personality bypass, but I haven't forgotten how ridiculous she used to be. I acknowledge that she's the least offensive person on that list though. Not sure who irritates me the most. Probably Aviva, but Yolanda truly was one of the worst.

1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Wait - how come Ramona didn't violate GIRL CODE by going out four or five times with Sonja's "lover?"  How come that's ok but Lu should wear a scarlet letter?  

IMO it's because the story this season is Luann's engagement. If Harry and Luann had simply had sex a couple of times and that was the end of it then Sonja wouldn't be going on about the loss of her 'Lover'. Sonja doesn't feel threatened by Harry having gone out with Ramona because it didn't amount to anything. 

I think Sonja is doing whatever she can to attempt to remain relevant and when Carole told her that she and Harry would have been considered lovers in another time, I feel like Sonja basically just took that and ran with it. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 12

Someone help me out here. I honestly was expecting LuAnn to come on the reunion and say that she and Tom broke it off (with a conveniently timed press announcement the next morning). Last week she kept insisting to Bethenny how single she is and now she and Tom are soulmates and they are very much getting married. I never considered myself conservative but in my eyes a single person is someone like Ramona who is dating around or Sonja who sleeps with a different man every night. I'd be more than a little miffed if I was engaged to someone who considered him/herself single. 

After the way LuAnn described her regrettably open marriage, I'm starting to think her idea of relationships is totally warped.

• Love 7

Not a defense of Bethenny, the China shop bull, but we on this board remarked that Jules' approach and explanation of her Judaism was weird and confusing, especially because she described it as keeping kosher. I think we ultimately decided that it was kosh-ish or kosherish or kosher lite. There were things she said and did that not only weren't kosher, but weren't really consistent with Judaism. Even though I don't particularly like Siggy Flicker, I loved how she said that she didn't want her kids to be the most observant super Jews. She just wants her kids to know and appreciate their traditions. I think that's a better way frame to frame the Wainstein's loose approach to keeping kosher. And I think Jules may have framed it like that initially, but the show focused on her wacky approach to her traditions.

• Love 6

There has been talk all season about Bethenny's minions shielding her from bad social media comments but I thought it was telling that during her (barf!) fibroid segment, she backpeddled hard and said it seemed like it was a big deal to HER at the time.  (And blamed the lack of a Mother to walk her through what she could have easily found in the Internet).  Bottom line, there was nothing extraordinary about her "worst bleeding ever known to (wo)man".  Glad to see she finally got some perspective.  Alas, too late for all of us.

Also, poor Brynn.  The visit to Bethenny's Mother will likely scar her for life, not because of anything the Mother will do, but because Bethenny's won't prepare and will go into an obsessive me spiral and lose her shit like she does all the time. (And thank you Andy for reminding us that B spent practically the entirety of last season in hysterical tears).  

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

Luanne was sporting some awesome "hair wings".  Sister Bertrille would be proud.

lol   I thought her hair looked better than Bethenny's.   Bethenny's looked as if it had been chewed by a goat. I can't stand Luanne in a way words can't describe but her highlighted hair with her dark eyes seems to work on her empty head.  

• Love 17

I really wish Andy had at least tried to rein them in a little.  There was so much over talking I missed a lot of it.  Luckily, it's already being replayed, and, if Bravo gives Coyote Ugly a rest this weekend, they'll probably replay it again then, too.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 12

The Vulture recap is up and, IMHO, really hits the nail on the head.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-8-episode-22.html

ETA to add it wasn't well received by zoesmom (who's opinion I Trust) so feel free to disregard.  It is very bare bones and not the usual Brian masterpiece.  I just thought the author he made good points.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 10

Possibly in the minority, but I think they went in harder on Bethenny than any of the others, except possibly Luann.  I was surprised that Jules' early age jokes were brushed off by Dorinda and Sonja, and that they helped shut down Beth.  And I was really surprised that Dorinda's meddling was dropped fairly quickly as no big deal to anyone other than Bethenny.  

As for Luann, she is trying desperately to convince herself that all will be Happily Ever After with Tom.  

• Love 10

I rarely watch reunions because the fighting makes me too anxious, but I watched tonight.

Unpopular opinion -- I liked Carole's dress.  It is funky and she is thin enought to make it work.  I thought Sonja looked great too, although if that was a high-low hem, not a fan.  Dorinda needed more breast support.  Lu was ok but too sparkly.  Don't even remember Beth.  Liked Jules's dress.  Ramona's was the worst --too tight and boobular.

Did Sonja say she slept with Tom only 5 times in 10 years???!  Not even Friends with Benefits, IMO.  That's a "no" to your claims, Sonja.

• Love 14

Yes, a thousand times. I sometimes feel like some Betheeny apologist. But what I really feel is that she is not the only viper in the nest. Luann's worst point of the night was laughing at Sonja. Yeah, Lu's a real friend. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, CriticalMass said:

Best comment of the night award goes to Jules! Paraphrasing "I'm single now. Maybe I'll date Tom now." 

My favorite! Jules looked amazing and is handling herself well, she and Sonja are ruling the reunion IMO. I wish Jules would have "owned" (in HW) terms the age/menopause comments. If B gets called out for slut shaming, Jules shouldn't get a pass on her age shaming. I hate when people use age as a way to insult people.

• Love 21
27 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-recap-season-8-episode-22.html

Great recap. Agreed that Beth didn't look good in this episode at all, but Lu came off looking so desperate. I could not believe it, but I almost felt sorry for her and her desperation to hold on to this worthless tool. Almost. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought it probably the worst recap ever and I am a devotee.

I don't know that it was the worst but it was odd! Did Bryan write it or did someone else? It didn't read as if he wrote it, it lacked his humorous twist on these women.

I do think he was right in that Luann looked bad tonight. That said, I think she is digging her heals in whenever they come at her about Tom and it makes her look arrogant and delusional at the same time. She really feels that she needs to defend him no matter what they say instead of just saying "Enough", this is how it is, I forgave him, We're getting married and I am tired of you attacking him/me/us, Enough!" and then just ignoring them.

I was sickened by how Andy led the charge against her and against Tom with Bethenny nodding in agreement with him. That came across as if they had discussed all of this before the reunion was filmed IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

So Carole makes a lame joke about Richard maybe haunting Bluestone Manor and once again Dorinda goes ham on anyone talking about her loved ones. I guess Dorinda has forgotten that her intro on the show included a discussion of Richard's ghost leaving pennies in places for her and sending a red balloon to her. I'm so over this woman. She shit stirs like nobody's business and you can't even talk about things that are Dorinda adjacent without her going ballistic. LuAnn makes a crack about the birthday cake and whether they are actually celebrating Dorinda's birthday and Dorinda loses it. "Don't you talk about my mom. She's a saint!" No one said a damn thing about her mother. I guess that's one way to keep huge parts of your life off the show.  They aren't allowed to talk about eyebrows, John, Dorinda's mother or her cake, and any manifestations of the spirit of Richard Medley.

For real. I think Doris is butthurt because Carole and Bethenny are so close and Dorinda thought after the London trip that Carole was going to be on her squad. I thought it as soon as she made the comment about trips and Carole and Bethenny always rooming together.....all Dorinda had was Jules.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought it probably the worst recap ever and I am a devotee.

On the Vulture reap, I thought I might have made a bum stear so I edited my original post.

ETA to add it wasn't well received by zoesmom (who's opinion I Trust) so feel free to disregard.  It is very bare bones and not the usual Brian masterpiece.  I just thought the author he made good points.

I'm a junky for info/comments and appreciate all of you. Thanks for a fun season, this board was the only thing that made it bearable and the only reason I tuned in.  

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

On the Vulture reap, I thought I might have made a bum stear so I edited my original post.

Not sure if Brian wrote it, no by-line and was not his usual masterpiece - just bare bone which I thought were on point.

I'm a junky for info/comments and appreciate all of you. Thanks for a fun season, this board was the only thing that made it bearable and the only reason I tuned in.  

If the brown butthole reference is any indication, it was written by the same person who wrote last week, and yes that's Brian.

I think your first instinct was correct! It was a spot on recap.

• Love 4