Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E33: Power Of Veto 11

• Start Topic

It irritates me that the show seems to be pushing Nicole and Corey like they're so damn cute. At the start of the season, Corey was getting an ironically gay edit, and now he seems to be getting the "dim but sweet" edit, along with Nicole. I think the show is just beside itself they have two - count 'em, two! - "showmances" possibly making it all the way to the final four. I just don't find grown women who sound like 12-year olds particularly cute, but that's just me. I don't think the show particularly cares one way or another whether Nicole and Corey or Natalie and James end up in a real relationship once this game is over, I think they're just salivating over the idea that they actually got two legitimate showmances to work with this season. The end result is that they all get rather flattering edits which annoys me.

• Love 16

I don't think I could handle a Final 2 of Nicole & Corey. I also think AG & BB couldn't either. LOL!!! The stay or fold game worked in their favor. I wanted Michlle to win just so it would mix it up a bit. 

• Love 4

I knew Paul trying to pitch Nicole other scenarios would up his "sketch" factor in her eyes (by the way, Nicole -- stop trying to make sketch happen).

I could not help but think of the "How to talk to a woman wearing headphones" article during that conversation. Nicole has all but screamed that she's keeping the noms the same and she wants Michelle gone, and Paul still couldn't resist talking to her. Paul just couldn't be fine with her decision -- no, he had to "try one more time," because he knew better and she did not.

If he's talking to Julie tomorrow, it's only because he took what should've been a brilliant move (volunteering for the block to solidify trust in an alliance) and attempted to make a power play while he was on the block. That's not friendship, that's not even gamesmanship, that's just bull...ship.

Edited by Eolivet
To change pronouns, because a second-person narrative sounds sketch. UGH, that's not what I meant -- darn you, Nicole!!!
  • Love 16

It was great to see Nicole finally buying a clue that this is her best shot to get out the biggest threat to win this game...and then it was promptly ruined by dunderhead Corey who is ALL ABOUT THE BROS raining on the parade by clearly being against the idea...and the worst part was that everything is up to non other than Corey. Vic won't vote Paul and James and Natalie won't vote Meech...so it all comes down to......ugh Corey having all the power this week.

Wow...there was a sh#@t ton of filler between the veto win and the nominations. Why are the bros complaining about no women...did either one of them ever try and chat up Meech to see where they would get. Subtract the nose ring and she's an attractive woman. And Paul should forget about a dating website until he shaves that rats nest hanging off his face...how many women would want to fight there way through that mess?

• Love 5

There was one shot, during Veto comp, of Corey with that goofy smile, a far away look in his eyes and his head tilted...he looked very dim and empty headed. I nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Nicole. That shirt you wore during the Veto ceremony? Never ever ever wear that shirt again. Pairing it with the Daisy Dukes and black sandals was an interesting choice. But seriously, that shirt should be burned.

Wasn't that the blouse Natalie was wearing an Eviction or two back?

I happened to be watching the feeds when Nicole walked out with that shirt, in preparation for the veto ceremony.  She mentioned to Nat that she bought in online for $170.00!  Butt ugly shirt for that amount of money.

I do wonder sometimes at Nic's clothing choices...remember the pink 1st grade dress she wore on one eviction show?

• Love 4

I liked the Christmas comp.  That was fun. Paul could have won if he didn't keep folding! Ding dong. 

Yeah, Nicole's shirt for veto was unfortunate. Wait, I mean sketch.  Haha.

I liked the dating show part.  I like silly fun stuff like that.  I am liking Vic better than I thought I would.  

• Love 3

I totally saw Meech devouring that kiwi and was beyond repulsed, I even rewound to make sure she was actually gnawing on it skin and all... My sister always says kiwi look like monkey testicles. And anyone who could eat one without peeling it first is a freakin barbarian. Does she eat the peels on bananas as well?

I loved that Corey couldn't focus during the comp since his brain went to Winter Wonderland on him. Too funny. But he did actually save Nicole's butt with his "stupid" bet. But man it really looks like the lights are on but nobody is home most of the time. He just seems very... simple?

If Nicole had any guts or the sense Corey has at least she would have swallowed her pride/cattiness took down Meech and put Victol up so one of them went home. Her mini-revelation that this may be her only chance was great until Corey whipped out his Bro hose and pissed all over the idea. She still had time to send Paul packing but she'd better grab that clue but quick. It still stuns me nobody has attempted to pull in Meech as a swing vote between the three "couples", it's a major tactical error.

• Love 7

There was one shot, during Veto comp, of Corey with that goofy smile, a far away look in his eyes and his head tilted...he looked very dim and empty headed. I nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

When he came up with the one billion names I was practically rolling on the floor. But no way do I believe he dreamed that up on the fly by himself. Either he was prompted before the competition or production had some way to communicate with him during the competition that wasn't apparent on camera.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It irritates me that the show seems to be pushing Nicole and Corey like they're so damn cute. At the start of the season, Corey was getting an ironically gay edit, and now he seems to be getting the "dim but sweet" edit, along with Nicole. I think the show is just beside itself they have two - count 'em, two! - "showmances" possibly making it all the way to the final four. I just don't find grown women who sound like 12-year olds particularly cute, but that's just me. I don't think the show particularly cares one way or another whether Nicole and Corey or Natalie and James end up in a real relationship once this game is over, I think they're just salivating over the idea that they actually got two legitimate showmances to work with this season. The end result is that they all get rather flattering edits which annoys me.

I think you're being very generous to say Nicole sounds like a 12 year old, she sounds like a 2 year old to me.  She also sounds like the screeching foxes I hear outside every night.  If you've never heard them, foxes have this horrible, high pitched screech that will peel the paint off your house. 

Of course Nicole wants Michelle out, Michelle is female.  Has Nicole ever had any kind of friendship (sorry for using that word, lol) with a woman in the house in either of her seasons?  Or even a conversation with a woman?  She seems to be the jealous, insecure type of girlfriend. The type that gets mad and has a temper tantrum if her boyfriend says hello to a woman in public.  I worked with a woman like that and couldn't stand her. 

Did everyone except Paul and Victor receive a care package?  If that doesn't tell them that they are NOT our boys, I don't know what will.  I'm sure they both think America loves them.  I hope Paul goes tomorrow. 

Edited by Talky Tina
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ketchuplover said:

Nicole keeping Paul = $500,000 mistake imo. YMMV

I don't know why she wants to go with the boys. Doesn't she know the odds aren't in her favor that they would take her to the Final? At least, I'm pretty sure that Paul & Victor aren't. I'm not even sure Corey wants to either. She would deserve to get dumped at the Final 4. Granted, you work with what you have to get as far in the game as you can. I just don't think going with the boys is it. IMO!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I feel this week has just been an example of how some twists can make the show go in a worse direction. Most of the people left are unlikable, and one of the few who aren't is about to go. Another week of Nicorey and loudmouth, know-it-all Paul--wonderful.

Are you saying Michelle isn't unlikable? I think she is extremely unlikable. 

• Love 3

I don't know if this is just editing, but are James and Natalie not spending any time hanging out and shoring up their 'alliance' with Nicole and Corey?  They keep talking about their final four but they're very dumb if they're not ensconced in the HOH room with them.

i was rooting for James and Ntalie but I'm starting to think they deserve what's coming.  You can't take anything for granted at this point in the game.

• Love 8

It was really weird, to me, that they showed a Have Nots segment this week, when we really haven't seen any this summer. I wish they'd be more consistent with that. In fact, I wish they'd go back to the old way of doing it altogether. 

The Christmas Veto was hilarious. Corey was lit up like, well, a Christmas tree. But I'm really struggling with how grown men didn't know reindeer were real. 

Nicole is such a pathetic human being. Corey has been playing like a dry piece of toast all summer. He does one little thing (making a ridiculous guess to guarantee she doesn't lose that round) and she's all, "Coreeeeey-uh, you're soooo smart-uh. I just looooove youuuuu so much-uh!" And Corey is over there like, "Good teamwork, bruh". Yea, they have less chemistry than ammonia and bleach. 

And I wonder how he's going to use his bribe now. There's really no need to try and bribe someone's vote. If they still want Meech gone, it could result in a tie - but Nicole would break it. If they decide they want Paul gone, Nat and James would vote that way, so no biggie. I suppose he could try to bribe someone not to nominate him/them next week, but I think that would be risky. I probably would have just bribed Nicole with it, so she could have the money. 

Michelle needs to go anyhow. Homegirl is too unstable. She had a good week or so, around the Paulie eviction, but now she's an emotional trainwreck, laying under the covers, begging someone to tell she's not ugly. Yikes. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Did everyone except Paul and Victor receive a care package?  If that doesn't tell them that they are NOT our boys, I don't know what will.  I'm sure they both think America loves them.  I hope Paul goes tomorrow.

I did. I was actually shocked Corey got it. He seems way too bland and boring to have any fans. Paul and Victor may grate some, but to me they have actually been playing the game from day one. Vic has been voted out twice, and Paul was really close a few times. When has Corey ever been in any serious danger? I was voting for Paul and Vic to get the care package. But apparently there are a legion of Nicoles out there, who voted for Corey. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Are you saying Michelle isn't unlikable? I think she is extremely unlikable. 

No, I don't find her unlikable. Her being evicted isn't a great loss since her weakness is that she can't win any competitions, but she was interesting because she can see through most of the other players and played the middle ground as far as who she would vote to evict. The only other two likable people to me are Natalie and Victor. Unfortunately, with Michelle gone, Natalie is much more vulnerable since Nicole will definitely take her out before James (since she hates women) and Paul/Victor most likely would, too, considering James could be easily manipulated after she's gone. As for Victor, he's always been a meat-shield for Paul and he's hooked his entire game to blindly servicing Paul's game, very likely guaranteeing Paul will make it to the Final 2 and his own third eviction. Without the rewind, Paul's shield would be gone and he most likely wouldn't have made it to the end.

• Love 4

You guys are on fire about this episode! I, too, thought it was downright barbaric that Meech gnawed through the skin of the kiwi. I'm not a nutritionist like her, but I've never seen that. It just seems like it'd be gross, all those little hairs. Ewwwww. However, when she was having her low self-esteem meltdown, I felt for her. She's the only girl in the house not in a showmance, I can see how she'd feel like the ugly girl. Truth be told, if I spent the summer with Nat, I'd feel like the ugly girl, too, she's just gorgeous.

About the care packages, I believe that Vic & Paul split the votes, so Corey slipped through. I personally voted all 20 of mine for Vic, because he's the least offensive of those left to receive care packages to me, but I could see people splitting votes with V&P & Corey taking it. Nicole seems to be really concerned with what America thinks of her, & if she'd step back for a second, she'd see that the first 2 people to receive care packages were Nat & James, which she should use to deduce that they're the popular players for some reason, thus Vic & Paul may be a bit shady or have some other flaw making America not as crazy about them, & they need to go. If she was really thinking, I know, it's Nicole, she'd realize that the other 2 players to receive care packages were she & Michelle, meaning that the only 2 people in the house that are care package-less are Vic & Paul. She won't put that together, though. I'd take a 2-week hiatus from bashing her stupidity if she'd break the tie tonight to vote to evict Paul, if there is a tie. 

• Love 5

I totally saw Meech devouring that kiwi and was beyond repulsed, I even rewound to make sure she was actually gnawing on it skin and all... My sister always says kiwi look like monkey testicles. And anyone who could eat one without peeling it first is a freakin barbarian. Does she eat the peels on bananas as well?

I loved that Corey couldn't focus during the comp since his brain went to Winter Wonderland on him. Too funny. But he did actually save Nicole's butt with his "stupid" bet. But man it really looks like the lights are on but nobody is home most of the time. He just seems very... simple?

If Nicole had any guts or the sense Corey has at least she would have swallowed her pride/cattiness took down Meech and put Victol up so one of them went home. Her mini-revelation that this may be her only chance was great until Corey whipped out his Bro hose and pissed all over the idea. She still had time to send Paul packing but she'd better grab that clue but quick. It still stuns me nobody has attempted to pull in Meech as a swing vote between the three "couples", it's a major tactical error.

I was screaming "you are a moron" at Corey, and "are you kidding me" at Nicole.

And "Bro hose" -- I nearly spit coffee there.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It was really weird, to me, that they showed a Have Nots segment this week, when we really haven't seen any this summer. I wish they'd be more consistent with that. In fact, I wish they'd go back to the old way of doing it altogether. 

Thank you!  Remove the 154 ways to get back in the house and spend some time showing the basic stuff.  Once you're evicted, you're out for good.  At this point, that would actually be a shocking twist.  No one would see that coming.

Um, Nicole...when a guy you heart constantly refers to you as "dude" and "brah," he might not be that into you.

Big Meech the Nutritionist knows what's up!  Kiwi skin is packed with fiber and preserves much of the vitamins you'd remove from peeling it.  I tried it that way exactly one time and it's not for me, but kudos to her.

So will Nicorey buy a clue and realize that by keeping Paul, they've just handed over their game?  Or is Corey still too dazzled by all teh Christmas lightzzzzzz?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Just going to put it out there - Nat in that Santa outfit? Super. Cute.

Yeah, she looke AMAZING!!! Don't they get to keep all the shirts, hats & getups they wear during the season? She will look awsome at Christmas.

• Love 1

There was one shot, during Veto comp, of Corey with that goofy smile, a far away look in his eyes and his head tilted...he looked very dim and empty headed. 

There were at least two shots of Corey doing that. The editors thought it was just adorable, which I alluded to upthread. They still think he's a tool, but now it's like they think it's cute that he's a tool.

Um, Nicole...when a guy you heart constantly refers to you as "dude" and "brah," he might not be that into you.

Yeah, exactly. Corey looks like he stepped out of a JC Penney catalog and he's got the personality of a dry piece of toast, as someone else pointed out earlier. Does Nicole really think he's into her and they're going to date after the show is over?

Michelle needs to go anyhow. Homegirl is too unstable. She had a good week or so, around the Paulie eviction, but now she's an emotional trainwreck, laying under the covers, begging someone to tell she's not ugly. Yikes. 

There is something seriously wrong with Michelle, psychologically. Seriously. To anyone who still believes the fairy tale that these people actually go through some kind of psych screening before getting on the show, I present you with Michelle as evidence that no such procedure is in place. At least, not one that screens out unstable people. 

Did everyone except Paul and Victor receive a care package?  If that doesn't tell them that they are NOT our boys, I don't know what will.  I'm sure they both think America loves them.

Ugh. There needs to be a moratorium on any HG using the phrase "your boy." It's gotten so rampant in the last couple of seasons I can't figure out if it's some kind of generational thing or just a copycat thing. How much of an ego do you have to have to go into the house just assuming you are "America's boy?"

Once you're evicted, you're out for good.  At this point, that would actually be a shocking twist.  No one would see that coming.

Brilliant! Best twist ever.

• Love 5

It seems like "your boy"  is a way to avoid using the pronouns "Me"  and "I".  But I don't know why anyone would do that - first-person pronouns generally do the trick, and there's no ambiguity. 

I picture Paul, as a young teen "Hey Ma!  Your boy is home! your boy is hungry - is there anything for your boy to eat? Your boy is going to hit the homework and then chill in front of the Xbox."

Nicole drives me crazy -  does she even WANT to win?  I see her game as pushing Corey forward.   I wouldn't even mind seeing Corey win, if only there was a guarantee that he would then say "Bye, Dude, thanks!"  to Nicole and walk away.

• Love 6

If/when it comes down to three bros and Nicole what does she expect to happen!?! So yeah good idea to get out the two women and guy that would vote for/with you instead and give your self a prayer to win. She doesn't seem to know that right now the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

• Love 2

I can't stand Nicole and Corey, but they've put themselves in a good position by forming a final four agreement with Natalie and James and also Vic and Paul. They also broke up James, Nat, Paul, and Vic by getting Nat to go after Paul and Vic during her co-HOH. So no matter how things go next week, they should be OK...which annoys the heck out of me. 

James and Nat...there are no words, they're just so dumb. When Nicole didn't backdoor Vic that should have been a huge flashing sign, but I think they still don't get it.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Nashville said:

Wasn't that the blouse Natalie was wearing an Eviction or two back?

If it was then it looked 100 times better on her than it did on Nicole with her Daisy Dukes, black high heeled sandals and that damn thing she wears on top of her head.  That was so awful.  

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The Christmas Veto was hilarious. Corey was lit up like, well, a Christmas tree. But I'm really struggling with how grown men didn't know reindeer were real.

Paul is 23 so I'm not sure that counts as a 'grown man' these days but I can tell you he actually took surfing as a college credit class so, yeah I wasn't really that surprised he didn't know reindeer were real.  

Corey calling Nicole "Dude" and "Bra" was weird.  I think Paul isn't the only HG with a beard.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Just going to put it out there - Nat in that Santa outfit? Super. Cute.

Total agreement. 

Did anybody else notice, however, that Nicole was apparently totally unfamiliar with wearing skirts that short?  That twirl she did at the end of the comp totally exposed her -ah- ignorance.  ;>

Edited by Nashville
23 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

If it was then it looked 100 times better on her than it did on Nicole with her Daisy Dukes, black high heeled sandals and that damn thing she wears on top of her head.  That was so awful. 

Nah, I was wrong - Nicole was talking later about how much it cost her, so the blouse wasn't Natalie's.  For which I say Thank you, God!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

If/when it comes down to three bros and Nicole what does she expect to happen!?! So yeah good idea to get out the two women and guy that would vote for/with you instead and give your self a prayer to win. She doesn't seem to know that right now the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

Oh, sure.  Nicole could absolutely count on Michelle (who hates her), Natalie (who dislikes her) and do-nothing James to vote FOR her to make it to the end.  Would Vic and Paul vote her out given the chance.  I bet they would, but I don't see that there will be any altruism on the part of the other showmance and their sidekick either.  That's also a three against two situation.  With the guys, she has worst case scenario of two versus two.

44 minutes ago, Summerday said:

I can't stand Nicole and Corey, but they've put themselves in a good position by forming a final four agreement with Natalie and James and also Vic and Paul. They also broke up James, Nat, Paul, and Vic by getting Nat to go after Paul and Vic during her co-HOH. So no matter how things go next week, they should be OK...which annoys the heck out of me. 

James and Nat...there are no words, they're just so dumb. When Nicole didn't backdoor Vic that should have been a huge flashing sign, but I think they still don't get it.

This. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

After watching that someone, somewhere on one of these boards* said, "I thought he was the smart one?"

Maybe, but that's like saying someone is the tallest Munchkin or the classiest Kardashian.

*Darned if I could find it again.

• Love 4