Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: It's Official!

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I think Jessa was right to try and insist Josie not eat with her hands. Precious Tiny Addition has the motor skills to throw back her head and lower pieces of lasagna into her mouth with her eyes closed, I'd say she could move a fork from a plate to her mouth and back. 

2vbmwpv.jpg

As for the carrying, you'd have to pay me a lot of money in order for me to allow grossie Josie to sit on my arm. 

I see Jordyn eating salad with her fingers!  I firmly believe these people rarely have meals at that huge table!  They graze all day, fending for themselves, eating all over that house, never washing their hands.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I want to know what those papers are that are tacked up along the wall behind them.

They've shown it in another episode. It's an illustrated timeline of the 6,000 years the Earth has existed(hahahaha!!). It's a bootleg version of this type of poster https://answersingenesis.org/store/product/seven-cs-timeline-poster/?sku=00-5-057&

God forbid Jim Bob spend $30 on a poster for the kitchen table school. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That dinner scene, tho...I'd like to take a seat on the Bin Bandwagon and give him props for trying to make small talk while the rest of the Duggars scarfed their food with their heads down and eyes averted.  WTF was that?!  Haven't they all supposedly known Jeremy for awhile?  Why did no one talk to him? 

Could it be that the "stars" of CO - Jessa and Bin and now Jing & Jeremy - are supposed to do the talking in the show and the other family are now just background?  

For those that are giving Bin props for at least trying - with the football camp, etc., how is he going to make an actual income at things like that?  Or do ya'll see these as resume/experience builders that he can combine with whatever college degree he may be going for so that he becomes qualified to be a youth pastor? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Catlyn said:

Jilly would be like some of the wives my brother met in England. They rarely left base to go on the economy, unless it was a field trip. ENGLAND for pity's sake! We speak the same language!  Of course, we saw what they were like in England.   Maybe Jeremy might be able to open Jinger to some new experiences.

Oh yeahhhhh. Totally. He looks at her like the big bad wolf looks at Lil Red Riding Hood. I can't even imagine the shock of her wedding night. Did anyone see Walk Hard? 

"Don't  worry baby...I'll show you the ways of luvvvvvv".

*Throws her legs behind her ears*.

"Whoopsy Daisy! "

???

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

For those that are giving Bin props for at least trying - with the football camp, etc., how is he going to make an actual income at things like that?  Or do ya'll see these as resume/experience builders that he can combine with whatever college degree he may be going for so that he becomes qualified to be a youth pastor? 

Personally, I'm grading the Duggars and Duggar-adjacent on the curve. And since the average is low low low .....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I read this on another site & thought it was funny& true.  The poster was commenting about how Jeremy was going on about how great his mother's cooking is.  The poster said the Duggar kids probably didn't know what he meant since their mother never cooks & don't understand what all the hoopla is about regarding a Mom's Cooking. 

• Love 14
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:25 PM, CarolMK said:

In regards to the acne, I think it is genetic. Both of my sons, now 19 and 22, had to go on Accutane in their teens because nothing else worked for them. The dermatologist told us they were at high risk for having permanent scars, so luckily the medicine worked well for clearing it up permanently. I guess the Duggars don't believe in dermatologists though. I'm glad they earned enough from the show for all of the kids to have braces, because it seems like nearly every one of them had to have them. I can't remember if the money was there when Josh and John David were younger because I don't think those two had them. 

I don't think they believe in any kind of physical or occupational therapy either, or Josie would be functioning better for her age. Too bad she isn't in a public school, I'm sure she could learn much more than the Duggars will ever teach her.

Ben is starting to grow on me as well. He doesn't come across as smug or pretentious or holier-than-thou, (although I've read he comes across this way in his writings). He seems to have some interests in doing something with his life but he's been stifled by the Duggars and the tv show. I remember when he first met Jessa, he was installing windshields with his dad, wasn't he? Then later on it was reported he was selling insurance part time, and he even had a woman who was his boss. It is possible he's still selling insurance now?

I have always thought they were concerned with the side affects of drugs like Accutane. I took it as an adult past reproduction time, and my God the side effects that came with it were horrendous. I would not put my teen on based on my experience as well as the host of other long term side effects.

• Love 3

I think we are seeing Jessa's true mean girl coming out. The very snide comment about Jinger's waistline....that was mean.

The main thing I have noticed is Jessa and now Jinger act very different around their "man"...Jim Bob has loosened up, a lot.

I think John David thinks he is being funny when really he accentuates his slowness.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I think Jessa was right to try and insist Josie not eat with her hands. Precious Tiny Addition has the motor skills to throw back her head and lower pieces of lasagna into her mouth with her eyes closed, I'd say she could move a fork from a plate to her mouth and back. 

2vbmwpv.jpg

As for the carrying, you'd have to pay me a lot of money in order for me to allow grossie Josie to sit on my arm. 

Poor Jordan ... does she even have a chair? 

Not to take away from Boob holding Josie, but I thought maybe he was holding her so she could see Izzy, Jill and Derick on that small computer screen.  (But no idea why Jeremy had to hold her.) 

Interesting that Jessa and Ben had enough ice cream sitting around for the "courting celebration news" that they knew nothing about.  Hmmmm. 

It is interesting that Anna and her kids have just disappeared from the house.  We know from the "babyproofing" episode that "Joshua" is back, but no update on where the family is living etc.  The Duggars love to pick and choose what they want us to know and see. 

I also want to thank everyone for posting thoughts on these forums.  I love reading what everyone has to say about what they saw.  I love reading other viewpoints and what others think. 

• Love 8

I think it would be better if Anna and the kids weren't living in the guest house. That has to be hurtful to be told to disappear for the day so TLC can film. At least if they were on a separate property the exclusion wouldn't be as obvious. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I have no illuisions that he is going to make money doing whatever it is he is doing. He is a Duggar now. 

And I do like that he is taking a class, got his Associates degree, is reading a few books and is much more open than the genetic Duggars. 

An actual income?  eh...it's pretty shakey.  But we will take what he can get! 

• Love 3

I honestly think that we're being played as far as Jing and the Holy Goalie. They behave like there's been a higher degree of intimacy IMO. Not that they've gone as far as the hibbityjibbity but I wouldn't be shocked if the kissing ship as sailed some time ago. They're physical interaction as they seem to "almost kiss" appears to me like they've locked lips a time or two....and then Ben makes joking cracks about chaperoning. I think he's turned his back or time or two. But that's just me.....YMMV

• Love 9

I'm not so sure Ben would be willing to turn his back. I get the feeling he would want them to have to follow the rules he did. I may be way off, but that's the feeling I get. Therefore, he and Jessa could continue to flaunt their ability to be intimate while they can't. 

• Love 3

Jeremy is not virgin and it shows in how comfortable he is with physical intimacy.  This is throwing off the whole "awkward courting" cutsey angle that TLC likes to portray.  The vibe on this courtship is coming off as kinda hot and heavy. 

I think ben loooooves the courting rules.  It's kinda like frat hazing.  I did it and now you do it.  If you're one of us...you will! 

How gross was it when Jeremy and Jim Bob shook hands???

I know Vile Perv Josh is not being filmed.  Anna and the kids should've been at the dinner. Anna is pretty social, experienced with filming and can hold a conversation better than genetic Duggars.  She would've helped the scene out because it was flat as a pancake and very awkward.   I've noticed that scenes and interactions go better when Anna is in them.  She carries a lot of weight in the scenes whether TLC knows it or not.  Ben is trying to fill that void but it's not working well.  His timing is off and he isn't connecting with the viewer. 

• Love 11

I find it so funny the things you say about Anna.  I agree with you, but It shows how far she's come.  Remember her when Josh proposed??

Also, I remember when Ben and Jessa were courting, a lot of us thought they had already kissed, too.  It seemed like that had to stop themselves from kissing while being filmed by TLC.

• Love 2

Gak. I am just watching this and every time Boob shows up onscreen with his big horse teeth it makes me stabby. 

It would have served Ben right if Spurgeon had barfed on his head while Ben was working out with the baby strapped to his back. Agree in general that Ben is coming off a bit better than he did before and seems more dim, idealistic (albeit not to ideals I subscribe to or appreciate), and well-intentioned than evil (like Boob, IMHO).

• Love 8

He really needs to dial back the Jesus Wear, though. I get stabby when I see his holier-than-thou stance on display every fucking time he's in a picture, being filmed or with fans. Ugh. The only other one I can think of who approaches this level of obnoxiousness is Marjorie, but I bet that the tees are her lettering handiwork, and that they're for sale. Ben's just pimping out other people's lines. 

PS: I'm actually just now watching the entire episode. Good lord, what a snooze. And yes, JinJer/Benessa wore different clothes to the family dinner than they'd worn the same "day." Jin/Jer & Boobchelle arrived at the Seewald abode for ice cream at exactly 11:45 and left at 12:35. Did Jeremy take a red eye from Laredo, forcing Boob to pick him up at 8am? Yeah, didn't think so. The clothes change was just the most obvious tip off that the "proposal/ice cream" did not happen the same day as the Eyetalian dinner. We're not idiots, TLC. Even leghumpers on Lily and Ellie's blog noticed. 

Also, I am pretty sure that is Smuggar's old RV, which would explain why it's for sale. I also found it hilarious that he got totally cut out of Steve Conley's weight loss challenge, and he's been downgraded by Jessa to a "friend" who owned the RV. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I also want to thank everyone for posting thoughts on these forums.  I love reading what everyone has to say about what they saw.  I love reading other viewpoints and what others think. 

I agree. I've thought more deeply about many topics and changed a number of my viewpoints over my time spent reading the thoughtful and informative posts here!

• Love 6

Well, this is going to be rather snarky, because I want to know how Jessa is "bless[ing people's] lives and giving back?" (eta: These were HER words.) Jessa only cares about Jessa, and now her spawn. I've never seen an encouraging word from her; in fact, what I see from her is pretty nasty. How does one get banned from a social media account TWICE that has never been posted on? She is going the extra mile to do the OPPOSITE of blessing people and giving back. She's a mean-spirited taker. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11

Jessa has to be strong/assertive/decisive: Bin is not going to fill that role. Their arrogant lying of their missions and charity is a Duggar trait, not really specific to Jessa. Maybe someday Bin will get his inner city mission and his football club for youth and Jessa will really see in action, what she has expressed in theory.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2

It cracked me up that the suck-up Duggars bloggers Lily and Ellie couldn't even get Steve Conley's (the former football player) name right when it was plastered all over the episode. They called him "Conway," as in Tim. Other narrative points they made were also way off the mark. Judge for yourselves (and laugh at the preponderance of Duggar snark in the comments).

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2016/08/jinger-im-pretty-well-love-struck.html?m=1

• Love 2

I just finished watching this episode and my goodness, these kidults are the most boring speakers.  They truly have nothing to say and they take such a long time to say it!  It's painful to watch them speak so carefully.  They seem terrified that they will say something wrong.  I really detest the way they were brought up and their silly, hypocritical values.  There is absolutely no reason to film a tv show around this family.

• Love 10
On 8/31/2016 at 9:04 AM, Marigold said:

Jessa was kinda cool during the courtship and could've been a bit more affectionate.   However, Jinger is really embrassing. Doesn't she know how foolish she looks? 

As Church Honey said so well, we basically are watching a 13-y-o girl experiencing her first big, overwhelming romance. 13-y-o love relationships are naturally, embarrassingly all-consuming. Her parents robbed her of that natural expression and now it's up for public consumption. Nice.

On 8/31/2016 at 11:46 AM, Missy Vixen said:

$20 says Triple D has no life insurance and has not made a will. If he wants to hang out in Danger America, perhaps it might be prudent to obtain both while he is back in the good ol' USA. His Stage 5 clinger wife would be unable to function in any meaningful way (or earn anything but reality TV cash) if he was not in the picture.

These people have a long history of behaving as though the big bad world just doesn't pertain to them. They're speshul xtian snowflakes, and the really bad stuff can't touch them, because god. My guess, with Jill, is that something very real and scary happened, and it has shaken her to the core. She was raised in a radically overprotective environment that told her she was one of The Chosen. But the real world is like honey badger--it don't give a shit. My hunch is that Muffy has had an adult dose of something she wasn't raised to cope with, and jesus didn't directly intervene. What do you do when your entire world view takes a hard knock on the chin? You run home to mommy and daddy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SometimesBites said:

My guess, with Jill, is that something very real and scary happened, and it has shaken her to the core. 

I think you (and everyone else who have said this) are right.  

Watching this episode, it occurred to me that Jill didn't seem nearly so worried and afraid when she first got to ... wherever the hell they are.  But she seems very shaky now.  You'd think she'd be more confident after all this time, but she is just the opposite.  And that whole long spiel about keeping the doors closed so people just can't walk right in was downright creepy.  I hope nothing bad happened to her.  

And Ben .... wow, just ... soooooo awkward at that dinner with Jermey.  It was painful.  When you say things so stupid that even the Duggars stare down at their styrofoam plates in embarrassment, you've really said something stupid. Because the Duggars are experts at listening to stupid things being said and they should not be phased by hearing even the most foolish of yammering.  But even they seemed to want it to just STOP. 

I can only hope Ben was speaking lines that were given to him by production and those were not his own thoughts, and that the rest of the Duggars know that and don't consider him to be as dumb as he looked.  Otherwise, I am thinking he is only a couple of stupid comments from being shut away in the secret Tinker Toy House disappointments room with Josh.  Because even the Duggars have their standards.

So how many garbage bags do you think they filled up with all that plastic and styrofoam?  You just know Jermey thought that was tacky as hell. Both his grandmother and mother are apparently talented cooks and you know they didn't spend all day cooking their delicious Eye-talian specialties just to slop them on a foam plate and hand their guests a plastic fork.  I hope he was properly horrified.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 14

Maybe not.  But I think it's possible Jill had the hell scared out of her by something that might not phase the rest of us.  Just someone coming up to her (open) front door when she was alone and behaving even slightly intimidating toward her would be a huge shock for someone who has lived the sheltered life she has. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5

My first thought on seeing how withdrawn and unenthusiastic Jill was in the courting reveal Skype with Jinemy was that she was actually devastated by the news that Jessa was knocked up again and didn't give a crap about anything other than her own empty uterus.  

She HAD to have been told already, as Jessa probably gave the entire family daily pee-stick updates.  I think that knowledge prevented her from even a shred of faux-excitement for a 4th Duggar betrothal.  

I don't know if the timeline works, but that would be my guess if it does. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe not.  But I think it's possible Jill had the hell scared out of her by something that might not phase the rest of us.  Just someone coming up to her (open) front door when she was alone and behaving even slightly intimidating toward her would be a huge shock for someone who has lived the sheltered life she has. 

Thing is, at either the end of the Jill segment in this episode, or the sneak peek of next week's, they show the fencing around their place. In the past, they've shown a very sturdy gate for cars to pass in the front. What has not been made clear is whether they are on SOS grounds or off somewhere nearby, but with the same security that the SOS compound has. What I am saying is that their place is pretty damn secure. 

I think that whatever happened was to Derick. He's the outgoing one who inherently puts himself at more risk. I think this is also borne out in the way she talks about what she would do if he died. She may have said "one of us," but HE is the one in more danger, and there must have been enough conversation with production for them to show pictures of Derick with Izzy as she expressed these fears. I suppose Jill is at risk because she is the one who primarily takes care of the Big White Baby (who I think might be the biggest prize), but I think her primary fear is for Derick, because she'd be virtually helpless. She'd have to go back home and live in the girls' dorm like Anna did when Smuggar went to Jesus Jail. Ironically, at this point, I almost think that's what she wants at times; adulting is tough for her. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thing is, at either the end of the Jill segment in this episode, or the sneak peek of next week's, they show the fencing around their place. In the past, they've shown a very sturdy gate for cars to pass in the front. What has not been made clear is whether they are on SOS grounds or off somewhere nearby, but with the same security that the SOS compound has. What I am saying is that their place is pretty damn secure. 

I think that whatever happened was to Derick. He's the outgoing one who inherently puts himself at more risk. I think this is also borne out in the way she talks about what she would do if he died. She may have said "one of us," but HE is the one in more danger, and there must have been enough conversation with production for them to show pictures of Derick with Izzy as she expressed these fears. I suppose Jill is at risk because she is the one who primarily takes care of the Big White Baby (who I think might be the biggest prize), but I think her primary fear is for Derick, because she'd be virtually helpless. She'd have to go back home and live in the girls' dorm like Anna did when Smuggar went to Jesus Jail. Ironically, at this point, I almost think that's what she wants at times; adulting is tough for her. 

Maybe it was something more like, she found a tarantula in Israel's crib. I mean, just the pest problem and intermittent lack of water would grind ME down. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 5

It doesn't sound that simple. I wish it was. My water was turned off yesterday, and I survived. I just had to postpone my laundry until it was turned back on late last night.  Jill can get to Wally World if they need more diapers for Izzy. 

I wonder how garbage is handled, but that should probably be a topic for the Jill thread (actually, this all should at this point). :)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Maybe it was something more like, she found a tarantula in Israel's crib. I mean, just the pest problem and intermittent lack of water would grind ME down. 

The water issue would bother me so much that I would purchase water storage and a solar shower. Probably less than $200.

• Love 3

I wonder about digging a well? Not potable, but they already have gallons of water on hand (I saw three empty 5 gallon bottles on the floor in the last episode). They could shower with it, and boil to wash dishes (or do they have a dishwasher?) I thought I remembered more than one fancy stainless appliance in the place. 

2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I've never heard this word before.  Thank you.  I love it!  Added to mental dictionary for lots of future use.

I like it too, Woods, but I did not come up with it.  I read it here on this informative forum!

• Love 1