Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, Adeejay said:

Absolutely.  A co-worker and his brother inherited their family home in Los Angeles. Given that he has no intention of leaving Manhattan, my co-worker signed over his half to his not as successful brother. Long story short, the brother got divorce and now his ex-wife owns the home. 

That's totally different. When you own real estate you have to pay property tax on it twice a year (plus other expenses like utilities, maintenance, repairs, homeowners insurance, etc.) Unless you have some other totally separate source of non-marital money, the money for those expenses is going to come out of the regular checking/savings account. So six months after you own it/inherit it, a house will become marital property. That is totally different than inheritances consisting of cash or securities. You can leave cash and securities in a separate account and never mess with them. Then it is the property of only the spouse who inherited it.

The "inheritance" excuse was just some BS Chanta's parents said to shame/bully Pedro and make sure he didn't walk off w/ any of Chantal's money in the future if he chose not to work and she put him out.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 2

I think Anfisa realized she took her mean girl act too far when Jorge and the producers called her bluff and almost sent her home. So she capitulated and agreed to tone it down. She treats him like crap but make no mistake, she does NOT want to lose him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Does she live at home because she has to for reasons other than financial?

I thought I saw her apartment and she doesn't live at home.  It looked like a revamped former motel.  

43 minutes ago, liammaam said:

I could have SWORN that she was going to say what the hell is wrong with her.  Her tone absolutely implied that there was more there than just being a "bulldozer."

to me, her tone implied "Nicole, you are a shithead, you always do this and enough is enough."

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure Nicole bragged about "living on her own" although I couldn't figure out how that was possible on a barista's salary. Would she receive some kind of government assistance if she had some type of disability? Would she qualify for welfare? Food stamps? Something for May? 

As far as her claim that she slept with some guy before Morocco because Azan "wasn't paying enough attention" to her, I suspect that she throws herself at guys and offers free sex which some might find hard to turn down. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know if it was just me but I was picking up something in the mom/Nicole talk about what is really going on with Azan.  She mentioned how Nicole bulldozes her way through things and there was just a tone and how she handled Nicole.  Is there something perhaps wrong with Nicole other than rampant entitlement and whining?  Does she live at home because she has to for reasons other than financial?

I think she has a very low IQ like almost borderline. I hate the way she says things like "exercise, it's not a thing for me" "Breaking up with him, it's not how I am" "I am not a sit down and listen kind of girl"  "I should break up with him, but it's not how I am"all those phrases are just so bizarre to me.  She has a mental age of 13 in my opinion. She is no different from a 13 year old girl in puppy love who wants to get her way.  The whining and crying when she doesn't get her way is like a toddler. The monotone way she says "I want to be with him and he wants to be with me so I'm doing this". I think she is developmentally delayed but not enough to get SSI or disability. It's like borderline, like an 80 IQ. 

It's good to know that there are rules in place so someone with such a low paying job like her and a kid cannot just bring someone into the country to marry that she just met online. Azan should have picked someone with more money. I guess he can pay the $5000 lawyer fee. But she will not be able to support him and her daughter on her salary. 

Edited by operalover
  • Love 6

Ouch. Sorry darsbak. 

Azan could NEVER look his beloved in the eyes. Never - not even at the proposal. But Nicole is such a naive dumbass that she would blush (or that was maybe sunburn) and swoon when he would regurgitate any kind words to her. She's yipping it up on Twitter about how wonderful and sexy he is. I guess it's still on? I know she started posting pics of small meals, so I guess she's giving healthy a shot. I admit, I just wanted to snack her when she'd overtake everyone's comments to her with loud whining sentences. Blerch. I also noticed that mom and sister were eating a lot of carrots while Nicole had sooo many mashed potatoes. They all seem to enable her. When sis said she wouldn't have married her husband if he'd said she was overweight? Well, it is sort of an important thing. He didn't pick her up in a bar. Azan very well may have expected a buxom gal with a full face. Her jean shorts did her no favors. I don't think he was unreasonable. She really is twice his size. 

• Love 10

Woo hoo, season finale coming up.  How did we survive this....

Anyway, my season finale predictions:

Narkiya reports that she and Lowo are still planning to get married, that is, as long as she agrees to not have ice cream cones around him anymore.  She still has some trust issues but her intuition tells her he's being faithful.  Except his texts and calls to the baby-mama.  And his repeated trips to Vietnam.  And how he keeps losing his phone for days at a time so she can't get in touch with him. But...cupcakes and pink fuzzy handcuffs 4-evah!

As seen in the preview, Anfisa storms off the stage.  The reason she's mad is because Jorge finally (!!!) tells her to fuck off.  He then brings his new love, a cute Amish woman, on stage who gazes up at him adoringly.  Anfisa now stands on street corners with a sign that reads:  "Will (not) work for $10,000 a month."

Chantel decides spring break partying is way more fun than being married and kicks Pedro to the curb.  Fortunately, the pre-nup did not hold up in court and Pedro now is rolling in money from Chantel's inheritance.

Alla and what's-his-name are still married, but her sister is a surprise guest on the finale.  She is now in the K-1 visa process with Patrick and he enters the stage wearing a choke-chain and leash.  Sit.  Stay.  Good boy.  Patrick is now trained to only speak on command.

Nicole doesn't show up to the tell-all.  She was last seen with a bucket of fried chicken tucked under her arm chasing a terrified Azan across the desert yelling "Come back!  I love yoooouuu-wuh."  May is now blissfully happy being raised in a stable home by Nicole's sister.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

What do you consider "promiscuous?" I think your definition may be different than mine.

I think PTV may have hiccuped again, because it says you are replying to a quote of mine, but I don't remember saying anything about promiscuity. Since this thread is too long to go back and look, my definition of promiscuity is having indiscriminate sexual relationships with various people you may or may not know very well.

• Love 1

Christmas in Morocco with Nicole

Yes please!

I wonder if Chantel maybe has a Trust Fund or something else that she lives on?

Family Chantel are right to be concerned because Chantel is an idiot.

Husband Chantel is a poor loser who fell in love with Dingbat Chantel

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'd love a Christmas in Morocco special, but Nicole can't get a passport for the kid without the babydaddy's signature/permission.

Do we know that he has any role in May's life? Much less hasn't already signed over legal custody? Ife she has sole legal custody she can get a passport without him having to sign off. I know he lives in a different state but it doesn't appear that he has anything to do with May.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'd love a Christmas in Morocco special, but Nicole can't get a passport for the kid without the babydaddy's signature/permission.

I have a feeling May's father isn't in her life.  I hope I am wrong. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm pretty sure Nicole bragged about "living on her own" although I couldn't figure out how that was possible on a barista's salary. Would she receive some kind of government assistance if she had some type of disability? Would she qualify for welfare? Food stamps? Something for May? 

As far as her claim that she slept with some guy before Morocco because Azan "wasn't paying enough attention" to her, I suspect that she throws herself at guys and offers free sex which some might find hard to turn down. 

I don't know what the guidelines are in FL but, here in WA she would qualify for foodstamps, subsidized housing, probably some cash assistance, free or low cost health care for herself and May's would be free. She may also qualify for help with daycare expenses. There is no way she's supporting herself and a child on a barista's wages. She wouldn't need to have a disability to get the assistance. Being a single parent with a low paying job is all she needs to prove.

When her mom said she bulldozes her way to get what she wants, aside from it being Nicole's go to method, it made me think her mom was also talking about the situation that ended with May. I can totally see Nicole having a tantrum and screaming that she's 18 and can do whatever she wants. So, she gets on a plane and goes to Texas to be with some random dude she met online and is 'in love' with. Random Texas Dude doesn't show her off like she wants, gets tired of her pawing at him, the whining and the tantrums. So, she calls her mom crying that he's mean to her and mom buys her a plane ticket home. And, *oopsie* she's pregnant. Her mom sees exactly the same thing happening with Azan but this time, the random dude she's 'in love' with lives on the other side of the world and will require a buttload of money and commitment to come here. I really hope her mom sticks it out and refuses to be a sponsor. Honestly, how long do you think Nicole will be able to take care of May without her mom and sister's help before she begs them to come get her so Nicole can have fun? I don't think her threatening to keep May away from them would last more than a week.

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 2

I just noticed that Anfisa and Nicole have the same face.  Nicole's is just wider.  they also have the same looks and stuff.  

Jorge and his medical Marijuana business.  lol.  Most shops here in Los Angeles are run by the Mexican Mafia. I think that is why he has wads of cash. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Chantel acts like it's all Pedro's fault.  Her family won't trust him!!!! But she is the liar.  He is innocent in this and taking the fall.  I am so unhappy with spoiled Chantel. 

It might have been her idea to lie to her family but Pedro went along with it every step of the way do I wouldn't call him an innocent party. 

Also, I still can't handle the shady way he acted when he missed his flight, something us sketchy about hI'm he and Chantal deserve one another.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Yes please!

I wonder if Chantel maybe has a Trust Fund or something else that she lives on?

Family Chantel are right to be concerned because Chantel is an idiot.

Husband Chantel is a poor loser who fell in love with Dingbat Chantel

I wondered from the start if someone other than Chantel funded the apartment, she sure doesn't seem financially competent to me and I wanted that to be further explored in the series...and in this thread! I think mommy and daddy STILL bank roll her! JUST MY OPINION, MIND YOU!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lallalla said:

I wondered from the start if someone other than Chantel funded the apartment, she sure doesn't seem financially competent to me and I wanted that to be further explored in the series...and in this thread! I think mommy and daddy STILL bank roll her! JUST MY OPINION, MIND YOU!

It's a small studio in Atlanta how expensive could it be. I have friends wholive in Atlanta who have 1 bedroom for cheap though that could just be me comparing prices to SF.

Edited by biakbiak

I'm sorry, I don't get Nicole as being of a lower IQ, maybe not super smart, and certainly immature, definitely used to pushing her way, but none of her emotionally immature, bullying ways mean she has a "disorder or condition", why does everything have to be labeled these days? I understand we shouldn't under-diagnose, but good grief, some people are just lazy, entitled, and of barely average intelligence, and that doesn't lend toward good things if they are at all enabled or coddled and not forced to perform.

Just now, biakbiak said:

It's a small studio in Atlanta how expensive could it be. I have friends who have 1 bedroom for cheap.

Still, maybe it's my prejudice of her entitlement, but I think the girl is spoonfed even still.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am assuming he plans to work and help her with the household bills if he actually marries her. Didn't they show them discussing this?

They can't work when they first come, which is why the citizen has to show they can support the spouse until the green card comes through, which may take over a year or more. Remember the Jamaican guy could not work and she had to support him?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Regarding the inheritance or trust fund....it might have been released after a certain age (21 or 25 seem to be the lucky numbers) or over the course of several years. It is not uncommon for a stipulation to be in place that it's released between the ages of 18-30 with an annual payout or monthly allowance. The relative or whoever may still be alive. I have some friends who started getting inheritances at 18, but the direct stipulation was, it had to be paid out every year, five years, etc. It was never a lump sum, and someone else was always appointed to make sure so and so's wishes were honoured. She works as a coach or something, so she should be making the $25,000 or whatever easily and add in whatever she had saved/received from this mystery inheritance means she was probably able to do it on her own. She doesn't have children, and I doubt that parents or any of her friends offered to be sponsors.

I don't know what to say on Nicole. She's so aloof that it's scary. I can see her as the type to gaslight and bulldoze to get her way. I can't imagine what she said or did to convince her sister to care for her daughter for five weeks.

I can imagine her family worried who else Nicole would leave Mae with or that Nicole would somehow secure a passport and take her with; regardless, they saw Nicole was heckbent on going, so they said, "yes", perhaps hoping she'd see what a mistake the relationship would be. :/

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lallalla said:

I'm sorry, I don't get Nicole as being of a lower IQ, maybe not super smart, and certainly immature, definitely used to pushing her way, but none of her emotionally immature, bullying ways mean she has a "disorder or condition", why does everything have to be labeled these days? I understand we shouldn't under-diagnose, but good grief, some people are just lazy, entitled, and of barely average intelligence, and that doesn't lend toward good things if they are at all enabled or coddled and not forced to perform.

Still, maybe it's my prejudice of her entitlement, but I think the girl is spoonfed even still.

I agree with you. I think all her life Nicole has gotten away with being so obnoxious when she doesn't get her way that her family has given in to shut her up. Now, she's 22 with a kid and is still acting like a 3 year old whenever anyone says something she doesn't want to hear or does something she doesn't like. I don't think she's stupid, either. She most likely had tantrums when her parents tried to make her do her homework, so they just gave up and she slid by with barely passing grades. The only way she's going to change is if her family stops letting her dictate everything. Sadly, May is the one who will pay for Nicole's selfish ways.

I'd love to hear what her mom and sister thought after they saw how she acted in Morocco. But, they probably already knew that most everything that came out of her mouth wasn't what really happened.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

I don't know what the guidelines are in FL but, here in WA she would qualify for foodstamps, subsidized housing, probably some cash assistance, free or low cost health care for herself and May's would be free. She may also qualify for help with daycare expenses. There is no way she's supporting herself and a child on a barista's wages. She wouldn't need to have a disability to get the assistance. Being a single parent with a low paying job is all she needs to prove.

When her mom said she bulldozes her way to get what she wants, aside from it being Nicole's go to method, it made me think her mom was also talking about the situation that ended with May. I can totally see Nicole having a tantrum and screaming that she's 18 and can do whatever she wants. So, she gets on a plane and goes to Texas to be with some random dude she met online and is 'in love' with. Random Texas Dude doesn't show her off like she wants, gets tired of her pawing at him, the whining and the tantrums. So, she calls her mom crying that he's mean to her and mom buys her a plane ticket home. And, *oopsie* she's pregnant. Her mom sees exactly the same thing happening with Azan but this time, the random dude she's 'in love' with lives on the other side of the world and will require a buttload of money and commitment to come here. I really hope her mom sticks it out and refuses to be a sponsor. Honestly, how long do you think Nicole will be able to take care of May without her mom and sister's help before she begs them to come get her so Nicole can have fun? I don't think her threatening to keep May away from them would last more than a week.

I agree, but who knows what could happen to May in that week of time?  Nicole doesn't seem capable of thinking things through so who knows where she'd take May.  I suspect that's what would cause Nicole's mom to give in to her demands, before anything happens to May.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2016 at 7:30 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

Cash deposits over $10k require an IRS form to be filled out and many of them in the same account may or may not send red flags.  If he deposited it into his business account (would he even have one?), it's implied, but if he's just putting the cash into his personal weed account, then banks will give some side-eye unless there's a reason.  

The IRS doesn't stop you from paying taxes on money you earn illegally. You can pay taxes and have banking even if you earn the money illegally.

Jorge is a tax evader.

Signed,someone who lived in Humboldt County and sold pot for years before it was legal

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sup wit dat said:

Woo hoo, season finale coming up.  How did we survive this....

Anyway, my season finale predictions:

Narkiya reports that she and Lowo are still planning to get married, that is, as long as she agrees to not have ice cream cones around him anymore.  She still has some trust issues but her intuition tells her he's being faithful.  Except his texts and calls to the baby-mama.  And his repeated trips to Vietnam.  And how he keeps losing his phone for days at a time so she can't get in touch with him. But...cupcakes and pink fuzzy handcuffs 4-evah!

As seen in the preview, Anfisa storms off the stage.  The reason she's mad is because Jorge finally (!!!) tells her to fuck off.  He then brings his new love, a cute Amish woman, on stage who gazes up at him adoringly.  Anfisa now stands on street corners with a sign that reads:  "Will (not) work for $10,000 a month."

Chantel decides spring break partying is way more fun than being married and kicks Pedro to the curb.  Fortunately, the pre-nup did not hold up in court and Pedro now is rolling in money from Chantel's inheritance.

Alla and what's-his-name are still married, but her sister is a surprise guest on the finale.  She is now in the K-1 visa process with Patrick and he enters the stage wearing a choke-chain and leash.  Sit.  Stay.  Good boy.  Patrick is now trained to only speak on command.

Nicole doesn't show up to the tell-all.  She was last seen with a bucket of fried chicken tucked under her arm chasing a terrified Azan across the desert yelling "Come back!  I love yoooouuu-wuh."  May is now blissfully happy being raised in a stable home by Nicole's sister.

Pretty good predictions except there is no way Nicole is chasing anyone across the desert. She gets winded eating too fast let alone moving in sand.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, operalover said:

They can't work when they first come, which is why the citizen has to show they can support the spouse until the green card comes through, which may take over a year or more. Remember the Jamaican guy could not work and she had to support him?

They can actually apply for a work permit even before the adjustment of status (green card). Some people do not apply for the work permit because it is costly. We applied for one for my husband and it arrived exactly 9 days before the green card, ha ha. Still, my husband wouldn't NOT apply for it. He hated not being able to work. We had a child and he was a stay at home dad during that time but it just about killed him to not be able to provide financially. 

• Love 3
  8 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I agree, but who knows what could happen to May in that week of time?  Nicole doesn't seem capable of thinking things through so who knows where she'd take May.  I suspect that's what would cause Nicole's mom to give in to her demands, before anything happens to May.

That was so horrible to watch. First Nicole has that smarmy smile, wiggling around on the bench like a little kid asking for something, something so impossibly big and irrational that her mother had to say nope, can't do it, sorry honey.

It was like a switch flipped in Nicole and she started getting mad.

Then she decided to throw May out there as the sacrificial lamb, and she had that sick smile on her face again because she knew that one thing she owned was going to make the perfect bartering chip.

Nicole's mom looked absolutely agonized. One more painful thing in the painful journey that was being her mother.

Meanwhile, Nicole was giddy, triumphant. Her eyes sparkled. She could have cared less about her mother's suffering because Mom was in the way of her getting laid. May was a powerful tool for her.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

If theres one thing positive that I can say about Chantel is that she has a great body, and looks like she keeps up in the gym, she's very toned and not just flabby skinny. I don't think her boobs are fake because with her lithe frame, they would look like rocks bolted onto her chest. Also who springs for a boob job but is too cheap to invest in nice weave in the weave capital of the universe?

I thought it was just me. I'm not a hair aficionado, so when I can tell you have a bad weave--it's a pretty bad weave. 

I do think Chantel is pretty, and she's part of a rare couple on this show where the foreign spouse/fiance seems to be as into her as she is into him. Maybe it's because they met before the subject of a K1 Visa ever came up. 

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Also, I still can't handle the shady way he acted when he missed his flight, something us sketchy about hI'm he and Chantal deserve one another.

I wonder if that was producer driven?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That was so horrible to watch. First Nicole has that smarmy smile, wiggling around on the bench like a little kid asking for something, something so impossibly big and irrational that her mother had to say nope, can't do it, sorry honey.

It was like a switch flipped in Nicole and she started getting mad.

Then she decided to throw May out there as the sacrificial lamb, and she had that sick smile on her face again because she knew that one thing she owned was going to make the perfect bartering chip.

Nicole's mom looked absolutely agonized. One more painful thing in the painful journey that was being her mother.

Meanwhile, Nicole was giddy, triumphant. Her eyes sparkled. She could have cared less about her mother's suffering because Mom was in the way of her getting laid. May was a powerful tool for her.

This was a perfect description of the scene, imo.  Nicole's mother did look agonized. She loves her daughter, wants her to make better decisions, yet doesn't want to see her daughter unhappy. She knows that even though she says " no" to Nicole's request, Nicole will likely find an even more destructive way to get what she wants. Nicole is like a bulldozer, steamroller, and bull in a china shop all rolled into one. Collateral damage means nothing to a person like Nicole when their only goal is satisfying their infantile needs.

• Love 8

As for the "if anyone has any objections to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace" this is rarely used anymore in weddings and even when it was only used it was only in certain religions. For example it was never used in a Catholic wedding. It has been used on TV and in movies since the beginning of time for drama so we all think it is so common. It is certain the producers came up with this original idea (lol) for maximum drama with the whole Patrick thing.

From a Pastor:

As a pastor, I can tell you that this is seldom used anymore. The origin of the phrase dates back to the sixteenth century, and it was originally meant to give an objection opportunity for those with knowledge of a reason why the marriage could not be allowed to proceed (incest, bigamy, duress, deception regarding age or identity, and so on). Today, though, any such cause would be discovered in the process of securing a marriage license and planning the ceremony. 

As a pastor, if I was officiating a wedding, I would not include this phrase in the ceremony unless it was specifically insisted upon by the bride and groom. If the marriage is lawful, this phrase serves no practical purpose and only provides an opportunity to ruin a worship service. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, operalover said:

As for the "if anyone has any objections to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace" this is rarely used anymore in weddings and even when it was only used it was only in certain religions. For example it was never used in a Catholic wedding. It has been used on TV and in movies since the beginning of time for drama so we all think it is so common. It is certain the producers came up with this original idea (lol) for maximum drama with the whole Patrick thing.

From a Pastor:

As a pastor, I can tell you that this is seldom used anymore. The origin of the phrase dates back to the sixteenth century, and it was originally meant to give an objection opportunity for those with knowledge of a reason why the marriage could not be allowed to proceed (incest, bigamy, duress, deception regarding age or identity, and so on). Today, though, any such cause would be discovered in the process of securing a marriage license and planning the ceremony. 

As a pastor, if I was officiating a wedding, I would not include this phrase in the ceremony unless it was specifically insisted upon by the bride and groom. If the marriage is lawful, this phrase serves no practical purpose and only provides an opportunity to ruin a worship service. 

I am totally bewildered at the idea of a church allowing someone to hold a FOURTH marriage there also. I grew up Catholic (but have long been an atheist) and the Catholic church would never allow this. How can you makes vows to 4 different people (who are still living) "till death do us part?" That just makes a mockery out of marriage, IMO. What kind of church were they getting married in, with a "preacher?" This is just something I am completely unfamiliar with. I have no problem with Matt getting married for the 4th time, personally, but do so outside of a church and don't make vows you can't keep.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am totally bewildered at the idea of a church allowing someone to hold a FOURTH marriage there also. I grew up Catholic (but have long been an atheist) and the Catholic church would never allow this. How can you makes vows to 4 different people (who are still living) "till death do us part?" That just makes a mockery out of marriage, IMO. What kind of church were they getting married in, with a "preacher?" This is just something I am completely unfamiliar with. I have no problem with Matt getting married for the 4th time, personally, but do so outside of a church and don't make vows you can't keep.

I thought the ceremony was going to be at the ever so classy 'Touch of Elegance'. When they were checking the place out, the guy taking them on the tour gestured to an area of the room and said the ceremony could take place there and the reception would be in the entire room. 

I'm with you on thinking it's ridiculous to get married over and over again in church. I have a friend that's on husband number 7 and every damn wedding has been a big production in various denomination's churches. She morphs into whatever religion her latest soulmate practices. When she was in her 40's and fixing to marry husband number 4, she had an epic temper tantrum because her elderly parents refused to go halfsies with her on a 10k wedding gown. Husband number 7 is a biker, so she morphed into biker chick at the age of 60 and had a full on Harley Davidson, black leather wedding.  This one took place in a biker church.

• Love 6

Chantel & Pedro head to the altar. Jorge & Anfisa make the final decision about their rocky relationship. Nicole gets devastating news about the K1 Visa. Narkyia discovers yet another Lowo lie that jeopardizes everything.

Chantel and the pre-nup, wow, her mother would not let it go all for the sake of an inheritance that someday may or may not even be significant, like Pedro will even be around when that happens.

This certainly addresses the lack of legal knowledge and business sense of Chantel's parents.  The distribution of inheritance is solely under the control of those with the money.  The parents can simply have a will drawn and address their daughter's inheritance.

i don't mean/judgement or unkind but I did not see Chantel's family being wealthy.  They seem to be running a small business (cheerleading school)  run by both parents and employing their children   Their overhead must be pretty high with liability insurance being a huge cost.  Add medical insurance for parents and three children and living expenses, etc  I just don't see their wealth.  Again, I have no idea what their situation is but they don't sound like a family whose inheritance is a primary concern  I would bet the parents don't even have a will  I'd love to ask them that question.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

First Nicole has that smarmy smile, wiggling around on the bench like a little kid asking for something

She was acting the same way at the attorney's office, all hunched over, shuffling her feet, with a child-like expression wearing yet another "cold shoulder" blouse, but at least she didn't throw a tantrum when the attorney told her the facts of the K1 process. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know if it was just me but I was picking up something in the mom/Nicole talk about what is really going on with Azan.  She mentioned how Nicole bulldozes her way through things and there was just a tone and how she handled Nicole.  Is there something perhaps wrong with Nicole other than rampant entitlement and whining?

Yes, it's called "SpoiledBrat-itus," kind of like "FameWhore-itus."

• Love 9
19 hours ago, magemaud said:

Does Nicole work for Starbucks? I heard Starbucks baristas do OK. But yes, with a child, Nicole could qualify for all sorts of public assistance (even if there's nothing medically wrong with her), depending on her income and if she is receiving any child support from the baby's father.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nicole...just immature.

2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

This certainly addresses the lack of legal knowledge and business sense of Chantel's parents.  The distribution of inheritance is solely under the control of those with the money.  The parents can simply have a will drawn and address their daughter's inheritance.

i don't mean/judgement or unkind but I did not see Chantel's family being wealthy.  They seem to be running a small business (cheerleading school)  run by both parents and employing their children   Their overhead must be pretty high with liability insurance being a huge cost.  Add medical insurance for parents and three children and living expenses, etc  I just don't see their wealth.  Again, I have no idea what their situation is but they don't sound like a family whose inheritance is a primary concern  I would bet the parents don't even have a will  I'd love to ask them that question.

Didn't they say the dad (or stepdad) is a teacher? Assistant principal? Am I imagining that?

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Does Nicole work for Starbucks? I heard Starbucks baristas do OK.

I Googled it and found they make less than $ 10 an hour, a couple dollars more if they are shift supervisors (which I doubt Nicole is) but I guess they also get tips? 

31 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Didn't they say the dad (or stepdad) is a teacher? Assistant principal?

I think I recall he's an assistant principal, too. And I also think he's Chantel's stepdad, and my guess is that sister Winter (?) is his daughter and a step sister to Chantel and River. Maybe Chantel's "inheritance" comes from her biological father's family. 

I think that Nicole's mother has spoiled and enabled her.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but then I realized that even agreeing to appear on this show would have been in response to Nicole's desires and wants.  I really don't know why family members would appear on this show if they have any inkling that their child is stubborn and willful, knowing how the public would perceive that child.  Nicole's mom knows the ways in which Nicole tries to manipulate others, has a temper, and is very pouty and yet she still agreed to participate in the show.  I think that when Nicole was young her mom may have thought the 'bulldozing' was adorable, especially as Nicole really looks like her mom and was therefore a 'mini-me.'  Nicole's face is very much the shape and image of her mom's.  A toddler or young child who is told how adorable they are often continue the same behaviors into adulthood believing that nobody can deny their adorableness.  Nicole intentionally put on her 'cute, adorbs, toddler' persona to ask her mom to cosign for Azan and then immediately went into accusatory mode when her mom said no.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

Does Nicole work for Starbucks? I heard Starbucks baristas do OK. But yes, with a child, Nicole could qualify for all sorts of public assistance (even if there's nothing medically wrong with her), depending on her income and if she is receiving any child support from the baby's father.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Nicole...just immature.

Didn't they say the dad (or stepdad) is a teacher? Assistant principal? Am I imagining that?

Basketball coach for what I recall.