Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have to admit that by the end, I felt a little bit sorry for Anfisa. She truly made a deal with the devil. She wanted someone with a bankroll, so I'm assuming she posted a profile on one of those foreign bride sites. Jorge  was all up in her profile telling her how rich he was.

I'm pretty sure he said they met on Facebook.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Narkyia and Lowo are no more, at least I hope so.

Seems to be the case, but I would think they'd be contractually obligated to be on the Tell All show. It was like they were just swept under the rug! Narkyia may have lousy taste in men, but she has a sweet boy and seems to be raising him well. I hope he finds someone to play sports with.

Azan and Nicole (mostly Nicole) are professing their love on Twitter. Looks like Azan just posts a monthly #loveofmylife pic

• Love 3

I agree with others that this tell all was pretty bad. How long did we have dead air on this show? Everyone staring awkwardly at Anfisa while she refused to answer questions-- boring. 

Anfisa actually cried real tears, wow. She is one damaged person, imo. And Jorge. What a toxic relationship. Alla was very gracious and generous in her talk with Anfisa, but I didn't see evidence of a " good heart" in Anfisa from the show?

I liked Nicole's mother's comments. Still think it's like talking to a toddler. Nicole looked so smug when she mentioned how special it was when Azan spoke to her in French. Robbalee replied "How can it be special when you don't know what it means? " I think it was lost on Nicole.

Nicole's mother could play hardball and suggest that she will help pay for a return trip to Morocco if Nicole leaves May with her and signs over temporary legal custody. TLC, however probably already has Nicole's return trip in the works for next season. I just hope she doesn't bring May.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, topanga said:

When Alla and her sister were crying before the wedding and the sister said, "you finally found the good man," it makes me wonder what Alla's first husband was like. This life has got to be an improvement, even if Alla isn't head over heels in love. I think Alla is sincere--and more mature than anyone else there.

And she is adorable. I like the kind words she said to Anfisa, but I disagree that Anfisa has a good heart. She's full of crap, IMO. 

I have not a doubt in my mind that Alla's first husband was bad news. She wanted security and companionship more than romance. She showed herself to be both classy and kind at the reunion, not only to Anfisa but to everyone. She refused to be baited (not that the host had any ability to get a rise out of anyone) into saying anything mean or judgmental about anyone. I wish her and her son a happy life.

Why the production made a choice to focus on Jorge and Anfisa I'll never know. Two more awkward, inarticulate, unintelligent people don't exist on planet earth. Watching them look at the floor, shuffle their feet, shift uncomfortably in their seats, and dab at tears is not riveting television. Whoever was in charge of this shit show needs to be fired pronto.

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, IvySpice said:

If you are an overweight, middle-aged black woman with a child in central Pennsylvania, and you're looking for a young, fit black dude to marry...yeah, I think the market's pretty tight. There isn't a partner for everyone. None of that excuses Narkiya's indulgence in this absurd, expensive fantasy, but a lot of folks need to compromise more than they want to or else be single.

She lives in the best city in her area to find a black man in general, but young and fit - not so sure.  If you go even 20 miles in any direction, her pool of available black men goes down exponentially.  My guess is that she's looking for something she can't have.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

So many questions, like why was Nicole skyping with Azan in a church? And what were those long tube things in Jorge's car? And does this car still have the word idiot scratched into the side? 

Oh, that wedding. Yannow, they must had laid out at least 5k for that cheesy thing. Alla should have gotten her beach wedding instead of doing the traditional walk down the aisle catered thing. Its' Matt's FOURTH damn wedding. I would have loved to see thought bubbles over the heads of all the attendees during the ceremony. And I knew Patrick "never without a beer in hand" wouldn't say anything. That was all for teevee.

That's what I was thinking, too! A beach wedding would have been cheaper and wouldn't have involved so many of his poor, beleaguered friends.

How many toasters can Patrick have at this point, anyway?

Sadly, we haven't heard the last of Narklowo.

She will take him back!

16 hours ago, liammaam said:
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Jorge, it was not the pressure of the 90 days that caused the stress in your relationship, but rather your mean and nasty finance and the fact that she doesn’t even like let alone love you.  I was surprised to see her tear up during their wedding ceremony.  I have a feeling those weren't tears of joy. 

My eyes got moist when Alla said that both she and Max were very happy and again when the sisters were hugging.  I can’t help but believe that Patrick and his objection to the marriage was much ado about nothing. It seemed that this was their story line.

I wonder if it's really over between Narkiya and Lowo.  Her son seems witty and intelligent; however, I think it’s inappropriate for her to ask for his advice on her love life.    

That conversation between Nicole and Azan was very awkward. TLC knows a ratings bonanza when they see it.  I have a feeling they are going to help her sponsor him.  They are going to be the next Dani and Mo. 

That was truly awful of Narkiya to go to her son for "advice."  You don't place that kind of burden on your child.  Gross.  Grow up.  She's now almost as repulsive as Nicole is to me.  

Also, she said it was an adult matter, like her 12-year-old won't find out about the cupcakes and the fuzzy cuffs when the show airs? Please...

And, she will take him back! Her backbone was about as convincing as Danielle's when she said, "I don't need a man." Yeah, right.

• Love 5

I like Shaun (and man, black don't crack!!!), but I can't with her lack of hosting skills. She needs to stick to interviews where she's asking celebs which designer they are wearing or who made their earrings. Give this show to a messy host like Andy Cohen or Kevin Frazier or Wendy Williams and it would have been interesting. After last week's hosting dud, I didn't even bother watching. Based on the comments here, I didn't miss anything. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

I've always wondered about Chantel's parents. These are people she lies to because she is afraid of what they'll think of her being engaged to Pedro who she's gone to the DR to visit on apparently numerous occasions. BUT they have no problem with her living in a one bedroom apartment together. ????

And why was the bed in the living room??? 

It's probably a studio apartment.  I have always wondered that too.  Did her parents not know where she lived? Because otherwise I would wonder why they were ok with her playing house with a guy in a studio apartment, when she said he was only there to go to school. 

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

With that peeling paint, A Touch of Elegance looks like it's on its fourth wife.

In some show previews we saw Alla pole dancing in lingerie (I think it was her with Matt watching) and Alla throwing a plastic chair off the deck to the lawn below saying "now I'm happy". Did we see these in scenes this season? I didn't and I feel cheated!  Did they air ? 

I was wondering that too!!! I thought maybe I had missed it. (throwing the chair)

• Love 2

Thoughts on the Tell All.

1.       Boring. From Shauna being a crappy host to the long pauses when waiting for an answer from Anfisa .  It was so painful, I just went to bed and watched the second half in the morning while doing my morning routine.

2.       There was no explanation as to why Niakrya didn’t participate. Isn’t she obligated under the TLC/Sharp contract?  At least an explanation as to where they are now in point of their relationship  and/or K1 process. 

3.       Please please please TLC/Sharp – DO NOT become Nicole’s co-sponsor.

4.       I too agree that Jorge partakes in the weed as well as sells. Also the way he mismanages his funds (i.e. bank account frozen, make 10K , lose 10K) could well be in part why Anfisa is so pissed.  You either have a steady income or you bank some of the cash for a rainy day. 

5.       Sad that the only real winners are: goober Matt and Alla.   Chantal and Pedro are a close second. I think both have some affection for each other and are not just in it for the green card. 

6.       In regards to Jorge/Anfisa – I think they just like the drama.

7.       Agreed with posters above about the “nasty” comments that is on social media.   TLC loves to portray people in their worst light and this isn’t the first season of this show. If you can’t take it – keep your personal life personal. There’s no crying on reality tv unless it’s for ratings.

Other than that, I am glad these yahoos are off my tv.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why the production made a choice to focus on Jorge and Anfisa I'll never know. Two more awkward, inarticulate, unintelligent people don't exist on planet earth. Watching them look at the floor, shuffle their feet, shift uncomfortably in their seats, and dab at tears is not riveting television. Whoever was in charge of this shit show needs to be fired pronto.

This isn't a show about the process of getting a K Visa, this show is about train-wrecks and the larger the wreck, the better for TLC because they know that train wreck = ratings gold. 

I don't like Anfisa but I would like to know what promises Jorge made to her before she came to the USA.   If he sold her a pie in the sky dream then I can get why she was pissed all the time. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The host is a terrible interviewer! And why did she continue to harp on stupid stuff we've already seen? No new insights, no behind the scenes tidbits, no updates--is Max in school? How's he doing? Is Alla working? Pedro? Taking English lessons? Making friends? (I'm leaving Anfisa out of all this because we know she's not). And the inordinate amount of attention paid to Anfisa and Jorge was ridiculous, since neither one of them has any personality or any ability to express his or her feelings. Do I need stupid boring questions, then to watch people not answer, shift uncomfortably, look down, sniffle, and fidget some more? This is not entertaining! 

From the other thread - I agree! Way too much rehashing and not enough of what's going on NOW or what the couple's plans are for the future. I posted this once already but I just can't believe how awful the host was and what terrible, weird questions she asked.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It's probably a studio apartment.  I have always wondered that too.  Did her parents not know where she lived? Because otherwise I would wonder why they were ok with her playing house with a guy in a studio apartment, when she said he was only there to go to school. 

I was wondering that too!!! I thought maybe I had missed it. (throwing the chair)

This seems very very unlikely. And what are the chances she didn't need them and their $$ to even obtain the K1 in the first place? No way Chantel could have afforded it on her own.

• Love 2

Patrick's affinity is to Matt as he is secretly in love with Matt.  Patrick loves being the center of attention.

Can someone tell Chantel to stop clenching her teeth when speaking.  Very annoying and not sexy at all.  I was rooting for Pedro but I'm dissapointed that in 3 months he hasnt learned much.  Did anyone catch his foot shaking nervous?  I hope Trump deports him for being so gullible.

Anfisa needs to change her botox dealer.  And those eyelashes.  Homegirl couldnt look more fake.  Now this is while she's supposedly 20.  Can you picture that freak show at 40?

TLC needs to fire that interviewer or send her to training pronto.  Questions were stupid or very personal.  I would have just looked at her and say "that's personal, can we please discuss other things".

Alla looked pretty.  Matt lucked out.

I'll give George/Anfisa and Chantel/Pedro less than a year to divorce or separate.

Interviewer drove me nuts every time she'd ask one of the other couples to comment on one of the other couples. Was it Chantel who was asked about something Anfisa did, and Chantel froze up? These couples barely know each other, so don't have any insight into each other's drama, and half of them are certifiable. I certainly would not dress down Anfisa to her face. I like my car graffiti-free.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, JudyinDallas said:

Did any notice that Anfisa's dress looked a lot like the one that Melania Trump wore on election night, a white one shouldered dress?  It sure seemed similar.  I am sure that she would be pleased to see that (anfisa not necessarily Melania).  

I loved her dress, it was classy, sexy, simple, and the fabric had nice movement to it.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This isn't a show about the process of getting a K Visa, this show is about train-wrecks and the larger the wreck, the better for TLC because they know that train wreck = ratings gold. 

I don't disagree, but they made a howlingly bad error in judgment by making Jorge and Anfisa the focus. They're a trainwreck, but they are most decidedly not an entertaining one. Neither Jorge nor Anfisa was willing to speak up, answer questions, or get scrappy on air. I think heads are rolling at TLC/Sharp today!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't like Anfisa but I would like to know what promises Jorge made to her before she came to the USA.   If he sold her a pie in the sky dream then I can get why she was pissed all the time. 

If that was the case,, she didn't have to go through with the marriage. I have no sympathy.

• Love 2

This seems very very unlikely. And what are the chances she didn't need them and their $$ to even obtain the K1 in the first place? No way Chantel could have afforded it on her own.

And how did Chantel prove she can financially support Pedro? For that matter, how did Danielle ever prove she was able to financially support Mohammed? I smell bullshit.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If that was the case,, she didn't have to go through with the marriage. I have no sympathy.

But then how would she be "famous?"  She wants to walk down the street and have people know who she is (at least that's what she said).  How else can she do that if she's not living in LA?  (sarcasm)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I agree with others that this tell all was pretty bad. How long did we have dead air on this show? Everyone staring awkwardly at Anfisa while she refused to answer questions-- boring. 

Anfisa actually cried real tears, wow. She is one damaged person, imo. And Jorge. What a toxic relationship. Alla was very gracious and generous in her talk with Anfisa, but I didn't see evidence of a " good heart" in Anfisa from the show?

I liked Nicole's mother's comments. Still think it's like talking to a toddler. Nicole looked so smug when she mentioned how special it was when Azan spoke to her in French. Robbalee replied "How can it be special when you don't know what it means? " I think it was lost on Nicole.

Nicole's mother could play hardball and suggest that she will help pay for a return trip to Morocco if Nicole leaves May with her and signs over temporary legal custody. TLC, however probably already has Nicole's return trip in the works for next season. I just hope she doesn't bring May.

This came to mind.

• Love 3

Why was Nicole face timing with Azan while in a church?  The conversation was bad enough, I felt like I was watching a 4 yr old.  But the location had me perplexed...I kept noticing the Sanctuary sign in the background and other posters and such that indicated it was a church.  How strange.

I don't know if it was a church church... When she left there was a sign poi9nting the way to the cafeteria. It might have been more of a retreat center.

I'm watching this epi in bits and pieces, so I am just to the point where host is asking if "you" are here just for the Green Card.   Interesting that honest Alla (who I like so far) was not able to say yes, but instead said does it look like it (or something like that).  Hmmm....interesting.  I do think she came specifically for the opportunity to live here for her and her son....but did choose a man she could be affectionate toward.   I do believe Pedro totally loves Chantel. 

• Love 3

While I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm sorry for Anfisa, I do think she got the raw end of the deal.  Obviously Jorge seriously overstated his current income and also told her he'll be a multi-millionaire many times over as soon as marijuana goes legal in CA. They made a deal: He gets a trophy wife and access to her body in return for spending money lavishly on Anfisa and giving her a life of luxury. He forgot to mention that he has a criminal record and no home and when he was finally able to get an apartment, it wasn't exactly high-end. He lied to her about his circumstances and when she reminded him again and again about their deal and that she's there for his money first, he tried to change the deal and make it about love. I really thought it was a cheap shot of Jorge to threaten to file for annulment if she leaves him once she gets her green card. He is the one who didn't keep to his end of the bargain.                         I also think Anfisa would look much prettier if she would lay off the excessive lip fillers and remove the hair extensions and stripper lashes. Anfisa, take a look at Irina (Alla's sister) who is beautiful in a natural way.  

Why is Jorge's bank account frozen? Because of illegally having marijuana money in there, or because a creditor got a judgement against him, or...? Tell us, inquiring minds want to know.

I don't think I have ever seen less chemistry with a supposed couple than between Azan and Nicole. He is not into her at all. I cringed when she wanted to know if he loves her, really really loves her, how much....? Aaargh, she is 22 with the emotional maturity of a 6 year old.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I do think she came specifically for the opportunity to live here for her and her son....but did choose a man she could be affectionate

I agree. I think Alla was the only mature one of the bunch, and although I believe she came here for the green card,  she was also looking for a relationship with a trustworthy man that could give her and her son a better life. In return for that, she is willing to be a good wife and possibly the relationship could turn in to love for her eventually. She's not a spoiled, entitled bitch and  not playing any games (looking at you, Anfisa).  She was doing this with eyes wide open and was truthful and honest about her feelings for Matt.  I hope I'm not wrong but I think she's in it for the long haul. 

On a shallow note, she looked really pretty at the reunion. It was cute how Matt made a point of what a great ass she has, lol!

Chantal- Yes, the talking through clenched teeth, not moving her upper lip at all is so freaking distracting! It looks like her mouth is wired shut. Why does she do that???? There is just something so weird about her, the brother and the parents. The only time she ever looked happy was when she was drunk at the bar rubbing herself up against strangers. Girl never smiles, never laughs, just blahhhh.

Everything about Jorge is so damn shady. Frozen bank accounts. He has money, he doesn't have money. Getting robbed. Living out of hotels with no permanent place of his own until Anfisa gets here, then he goes scrambling around for an apartment. WTF is going on with this loser? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7

Best comment hands down at the reunion goes to Nicole's mom. When Nicole is questioned as why Azan seems so emotionless and passionless when saying I love you she tries to play it as a language barrier issue and says that you should hear him speak French he sounds really passionate in French. Nicole's mom response?

"Only reason it's passionate is cause you can't understand it."

LOL!!!

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Best comment hands down at the reunion goes to Nicole's mom. When Nicole is questioned as why Azan seems so emotionless and passionless when saying I love you she tries to play it as a language barrier issue and says that you should hear him speak French he sounds really passionate in French. Nicole's mom response?

LOL!!!

I get the feeling that Nicole has been, let's say, a challenge for her mom. It seems like she has at least 2 siblings who sound normal and well adjusted. Then there's Nicole. Lest we forget she took off with some guy she met to Texas, was it? and came home pregnant. Now this. As a mom I would be pulling my hair out dealing with the likes of Nicole.   

• Love 13
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And shouldn't HE be willing to shoulder some of the costs, if he wants to marry Nicole and come to the US so badly? He knows Nicole is a low-income young single mother with a very young child. I don't see how it's acceptable to anyone that he just continue not to work and come here completely on someone's else's dime.

He isn't expecting her to pay for everything.  In order to get the visa, the American needs to show that they can support the person coming in, not that they will be fully supporting that person.  She doesn't make enough.  Doesn't matter if he makes bank in Morocco.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

He isn't expecting her to pay for everything.  In order to get the visa, the American needs to show that they can support the person coming in, not that they will be fully supporting that person.  She doesn't make enough.  Doesn't matter if he makes bank in Morocco.

He could still be paying (at least something) for her expensive travel to visit him, the K1 process, the visa, the work permit when/if the time comes. I understand legally that the pressure is on her to convince the government in order to even start the process.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

LOL!!!

He could very well be saying, passionately and in French, "you are fat and I hate you." 

• Love 20
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

followed by child-like giggle into her chubby fists. I was expecting her to stretch her arms out "sooooooooo much" 

Seriously, if Nicole doesn't exercise some self discipline and get her weight under control, she won't be able to see clearly.  Her eyes are so squinty now I don't understand how she can see.  And I loved her mother pointing out how horrifically clingy she is.  As far as Azan, I don't think it's possible for him to be more blase'.

• Love 9

I felt nothing when Alla gave her tear filled speech to Anfisa in Russian. I think that the main reason she spoke up for her was because they are both Russian/Ukrainian and people tend to stick up for people from their own country when they are somewhere else. I do not think there is any excuse for Anfisa's deplorable behavior (or Jorge's, for that matter) and I  did not see any of this "big heart" stuff about her..... I was surprised that she called his sister a "b****" and was dismayed that "his sisters think I am only with him for the money." Well, thats exactly what youve been saying all this time !!! Do you expect your inlaws to take a liking to you ... I felt embarrassed watching them fight in front of the other couples and the fact that Anfisa likes to yell just gave me an icky feeling. I assumed that she would be at the very least preparing simple meals for him, doing some laundry, have a pleasant attitude for a man she is sucking dry for money and a green card ... Instead he claims that she is like a child .... Jorge is just stupid, I don't get it.... if he is 6'3" he could lose some weight and look for a more down to earth type girl who wouldnt demand a closet full of designer shit (hint: there are plenty). But then again, if he put himself through this and behaves so stupidly, there must be something seriously wrong with him as well. He also constantly flaunts his money on TV in a very ostentatious way.... I think he wants attention because he was probably ignored by girls at a younger age and he thinks this will ake him look cool ... At this point they just should have each other. 

I like Alla and Matt together and I think that Matt is a very stand up kind of guy. Im not sure what anyone could find wrong with him, Alla seems nice too but I am not sure if they will last long term. 

I am skeptical only of Pedro at this point. Those callous comments he made in front of Chantel and the world that his friends who met her push him to divorce her after getting a green card (and the fact that he has friends who married for a green card) is very suspicious. Also, he did not have hot water in the DR. Just saying. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 2

Random observations from the show:

Whether it be in Vietnam or the United States, Narkyiea WILL find ice cream.

No way Anfisha is 20 but even if shes 28 she is not gonna age well. Its gonna literally get ugly soon for Jorge.

Every time Anfisha looks at Jorge with pure hate in her eyes a flush of blood runs to the tip of his penis.

The false drama over whether methy Lloyd Christmas will object during the wedding maybe the worst thing in the history of things.

If Alla's sister wants to move to the US, Id gladly be her fiancee. Im not even an insecure goober like Matt.

Azan seems smart, no way he's waiting two years for that trainwreck.

I miss looking at Chantels exquisite breasts this episode.

Edited by Hamburger Earmuffs
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

He could very well be saying, passionately and in French, "you are fat and I hate you." 

You win the interwebz today! Her mom telling her that reminded me of an episode of M*A*S*H where they cared for a tiny infant until the nuns from an orphanage could come get it. Colonel Potter read war news from a newspaper to the baby. He said it didn't matter what he was reading, the baby just soaked up the soothing tone and relaxed. Same thing with Nicole. Azan could read the local news to her in French and she'd be sure he was professing his undying love.

• Love 6
On 11/21/2016 at 9:33 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

What a little cutie, I love him.

The host is a terrible interviewer! And why did she continue to harp on stupid stuff we've already seen? No new insights, no behind the scenes tidbits, no updates--is Max in school? How's he doing? Is Alla working? Pedro? Taking English lessons? Making friends? (I'm leaving Anfisa out of all this because we know she's not). And the inordinate amount of attention paid to Anfisa and Jorge was ridiculous, since neither one of them has any personality or any ability to express his or her feelings. Do I need stupid boring questions, then to watch people not answer, shift uncomfortably, look down, sniffle, and fidget some more? This is not entertaining! 

I was very impressed by Alla, who seems both kind and classy. She'll be a good wife and partner to Matt. If they have 8 or 10 good years together before she runs for the hills I would consider that a good run for them.

Nicole. Dear god. She's like a 13 year old girl with her first boyfriend. Azan dies a thousand deaths every time he has to say "I love you", or show affection to her. There is no there there.

Such a sweetie Max is - and I like Alla the most out of all these ppl.... but I feel like she deserves more than just Matt... he's kinda creepy and too booooorrrring.. she seems like she would be a lot of fun..too bad Matt is so beige.

Edited by Drogo
Removed Reunion comments, wrong thread.
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Ivanova said:

I think Alla's sister is married - or did they say she is a single mother too? If she's married and doing well financially, this explains the fact that she got the tourist visa. The only way she can be united with Alla is if they wait for about 15 years to get a relative petition approved (during which time Irina most probably will not be allowed in the US), or if she too marries some one on a K1, or if they are religious (and it seems like they are), there are ways to get in through the Baptist church (that's how lots of Ukrainians come to the US).

Alla can apply for citizenship after 3 years of getting her green card assuming she stays married. Then she can start the process for a sibling to immigrate. I don't think that will take 15 years. 

5 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I can't believe anybody would take Anfisa's side in this but that appears to be the case here. If tables were turned nobody would be saying poor little Jorge has to stay at the hotel alone and that's why he acts up, but that's what I read upthread among other excuses for Anfisa. Jorge looks to me like an abused person and no he doesn't look high. Just because you work with medical marijuana doesn't mean you're constantly "baked". Just because you work as a bartender doesn't mean you're constantly drunk. Same thing. Jorge said that he wants the Anfisa who traveled the world with him so she obviously treated him well for a while. Enough that he fell in love with her. Now she is pouring abuse and insults down on him almost constantly and he seems broken and almost scared of her reactions. There is no excuse for vandalism. There is no excuse for verbal abuse. So now he's left with feeling like maybe she will change back to the old Anfisa. Sometimes the love a person remembers about their abuser is enough to keep them hanging on for a time. And yes she is controlling and abusive. Its not ok just because she is a woman. Jorge is weak minded and now he's screwed because he's been mind-fucked. 

I agree with you that Anfisa's tantrums are inappropriate and inexcusable.  It's just that i think Jorge has very little consideration for and understanding of her feelings which she has a great difficulty expressing except through tantrums. As for Anfisa treating him well at one point -- perhaps, but even before she arrived she was childlishly acting out by erasing his phone and cancelling his plane ticket.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think the problem is Shaun acts as if she's never seen the show.

What's wrong with Narkyia's son hair?  I thought it looked very nice; he looked nice and well groomed.  I don't get the complaints about her son's hair and River's hair.  Those comments make me feel very uncomfortable.

I think Narkyia and Lowo are no more, at least I hope so.

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable.  It's just people with different opinions and tastes...no more so than anyone who doesn't like his hair should feel uncomfortable that you like it.  Nothing scary about it. Just a right to having an opinion. :)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DolceAndMohamed said:

I know the answer is "No, Nicole does not know this and has not thought about this" but doesn't she realize that Mae's father (or baby daddy in Lowo-speak) would have to sign off on her passport before she brings her to Morocco? I have all kinds of thoughts about what kind of guy he is, so this would make for a good episode of Happily Ever After next season.

We have no idea if May's dad hasn't already signed over legal custody to Nicole. He has never been mentioned other than that he lives in another state.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Shaun is just not a strong interviewer, at least in the terms of reality show reunions. She's too dry. Kevin Frazier hosts the Little Women reunions, ad I think he does a better job, he asks questions that get the castmates going, and inserts zingers now and again.

OK I admit I'm no expert on  how these shows are put together but wouldn't there be a team of producers or writers that would create an outline and compose the questions that should be asked .....something she could refer to that someone involved in the show and perhaps aware of some viewers' questions and concerns had come up with  instead of the rambling dumbass questions that we were subjected to/bored with last night ?

Edited by Dahlia
Dangling participles bug
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I'm still pissed that Chantel's family still hasn't warmed up to Pedro because of the lying. If I remember correctly, he wanted to tell the truth, but Chantel insisted on keeping the secret. The family should be pissed at her, not him.

This is just another thing the host should have brought up and didn't.

• Love 6

I had some thoughts on Nicole.  I agree with what other posters are saying about her, but I also feel that she is the "scapegoat" in her family.  The mother talks to her like she herself thinks Nicole is a loser.  I also get the feeling that her siblings enjoy having Nicole be the scapegoat in the family so they can look better in comparison.  This is a very common pattern in dysfunctional families.  I also think Nicole had a very good point about Azan not showing emotion easily; some men are just like that.  

Also, I was somewhat annoyed with Alla's comment that Anfisa has a big heart.  I don't think Anfisa has shown any evidence of having any heart, let alone a big heart.  I think even Anfisa seemed annoyed and disagreed with the comment.  Anfisa might have some heart for a few select people back in Russia, but that's it.  Some people are like that.  Everyone else is to be used or ignored.  And Anfisa is wrong about Jorge only wanting her for her body- he obviously wants more than that from her.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Sounds like Anfisa essentially wants to be a legal prostitute. Sorry, but I have no respect or sympathy for that. You want nice things, get out and fucking work for them.

Oh I think "fucking work" is exactly appropriate for what she's doing.

Wait, is this show trying to tell me TLC cant afford to buy airplane tickets for the people they want to appear on their own show. Ive never heard of guests buying their own tickets to appear on a talk show.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

I got the feeling that money was an issue for Chantel's parents.  They didn't mind their beautiful daughter having a poor boyfriend, but for a husband they wanted her to have someone wealthier.  And this could have been the "unsaid" reason for why Chantel kept her big secret.   Ultimately, her parents couldn't really get that excited over a guy they found really unimpressive.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

On a shallow note, she looked really pretty at the reunion. It was cute how Matt made a point of what a great ass she has, lol!

On another shallow note, after that comment I trotted over to Google to try to find pictures of her backside. I might be female but, hey, I enjoy a good booty! I was sorry I hadn't paid attention earlier. 

• Love 4