Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

Anfisa should win an award for being the only honest and pragmatic person to ever be on this show. Love her. Everyone else pretending to be in looovvveeee or pretending to be worthy or loooovvveeeeeed by someone clearly out of their league intellectually and physically is what makes this show so fascinating to watch. Jorge needs to learn that NO means NO.

Chantal and her brother remind me of Will Smiths dopey kids. I hope that the family has a lot of money to support them in the future as they are clueless. I am VERY surprised at her fiancée holding out on the prenup - who would care about the possessions and holdings of a 20 something? Very sketchy along with his English improving tenfold as soon as her family leaves the room.

Nicole should call Danielle to see what her life will be like in ten years, Her friends and family must be MORTIFIED by the footage. Azan should be following the Nigerian Prince's seduction strategy for the zaftig American gal - dozens of cupcakes!

That poor woman marrying the three time loser bumpkin. WHO has a bachelor party in a van where you hire the talent by pulling over to the corner. Other than Ted Bundy that is.

This season is fabulous.

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had to laugh when Chantal's parents asked about a pre nup, honestly, they don't have two nickels between them! 

How do you know that?

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

As for Narkyia and Lowo ... where do we even start? "Beyond stupid" is probably as descriptive a negative assessment as you can give without getting vulgar. I can think of meaner ways to put it, but they aren't printable. I'm sure the show paid for her ticket over there, but why go in the first place? She doesn't trust him, anyway, no matter how many times she claims otherwise. Is going there going to change that? (Rhetorical question; don't answer.) And then to take UNPAID time off?!? Made me want to reach through the TV and punch her in the head. If they actually get married, their marriage will be even shorter and more explosive than Danielle's and Mohammed's. If TLC is smart, they won't turn off the cameras for a second once/if these two get married. I think their relationship and the resulting flameout will be a Chernobyl-level disaster, including the toxic follow-on effects in the rest of their lives and relationships with friends, family, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is offering both of them contracts right now.  Can you imagine the ratings?  "I Married my Catfish."  It could be TLC's biggest hit yet.  It will be Dani and Mo Part 2.

I think the deal with Narkyia is that she wants to get "Married."  BUT, she wants her husband to be "Fine," which seems to be the problem of many of the Americans on this show; it's not that they can't find a partner in the US, but in the US, the partner would be "too average looking" for them, they want someone hot, and so they hold that green card out and BOOM, they catch one.  Now what they catch is another story.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I still think Nicole's ring set is a CZ. (She could be easily fooled, unlike Anfisa who would probably pull out a jeweler's loupe and inspect it.) I re-watched the proposal scene and couldn't help but notice it came in one of those foil covered cardboard cube boxes like they have at discount stores. 

Let's hope the stone is a cubic zirconia and not a diamond. I kept thinking about how, if that's a diamond, getting that ring back to him would be an expensive undertaking with a not-at-all-guaranteed outcome. And if I were him, I would be pissed if I bought a diamond ring for my fiance and then it gets "lost" (read as: stolen) in transit when we break up.

10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

How do you know that?

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is offering both of them contracts right now.  Can you imagine the ratings?  "I Married my Catfish."  It could be TLC's biggest hit yet.  It will be Dani and Mo Part 2.

I think the deal with Narkyia is that she wants to get "Married."  BUT, she wants her husband to be "Fine," which seems to be the problem of many of the Americans on this show; it's not that they can't find a partner in the US, but in the US, the partner would be "too average looking" for them, they want someone hot, and so they hold that green card out and BOOM, they catch one.  Now what they catch is another story.

I was under the assumption that Chantel does not have much of an income and Pedro can not legally work at this time, she was crying about not being able to afford a wedding, etc...considering her bedroom is in her kitchen, just a hunch.  Not meant as an insult but as an observation from this season.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Let's hope the stone is a cubic zirconia and not a diamond. I kept thinking about how, if that's a diamond, getting that ring back to him would be an expensive undertaking with a not-at-all-guaranteed outcome. And if I were him, I would be pissed if I bought a diamond ring for my fiance and then it gets "lost" (read as: stolen) in transit when we break up.

Why would/should she return it to him? He was the one who proposed and kept going along with her dreams of blissful marriage. He could have told her it wasn't going to work out at any time before she left the country.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why would/should she return it to him? He was the one who proposed and going along with her dreams of marriage. He could have told her it wasn't going to work out at any time before she left the country.

Well, it depends on who ends the relationship. Etiquette dictates that if she breaks the engagement, he gets the ring back. If he breaks the engagement, she gets to keep the ring. I don't know what the social customs surrounding this are in Morocco, of course, but that's how it is in the US. If you pay heed to "proper" etiquette. YMMV.

Edited by MrSmith
Just now, MrSmith said:

Well, it depends on who ends the relationship. Etiquette dictates that if she breaks the engagement, he gets the ring back. If he breaks the engagement, she gets to keep the ring. I don't know what the social customs are surrounding this in Morocco, of course, but that's how it is in the US. If you pay heed to "proper" etiquette. YMMV.

If it were me, as the woman I would not want to keep a ring if either of us broke off the engagement. But I can see it a bit differently in this case.

• Love 1

With that hat and red sweater Matt really looked like Freddy Kruger.  His friends were jerks.   They must have spent all their money on the stripper for Matt's 1st bachelor party and with each wedding they spend less and less which is why they got the worst stripper for this party.  Boy Azan and his family really want him to get that green card.  You could clearly tell he couldnt wait for her to turn the corner and get out of his sight.  The look on his face as he is describing why he loves her was hilarious.  Dead eyes that say I hope she is buying this.  Chantal needs to admit she doesnt want to marry Pedro.  She's acting like a little girl.  She doesnt need her parents permission to get married.  She describes this prenup as if he cant touch her money but it goes both ways she cant touch his either.  I'm thinking she wants an out and will blame her parents as the reason their relationship didnt work out.  Jorge and Anfisa...just sad he is such a needy doormat.  The Vietnam catfish is hysterical....      

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It could dictate how they handle other aspects of the marriage - that he can't move back to DR w/ any future children if they divorce, that they must keep all future finances separate, that he can never request alimony if they divorce, etc. (Tho would INS actually honor a pre-nup???)

INS does NOT recognize pre-nups. EVER. 

• Love 3

Did you see the words "HEAD" and "FRENCH" Sharpie-d on the money pinned to Matt's blazer? Ummm. What the WHAT? That stripper was skanky. Poor drunk Freddy Kreuger Uncle Buck Matt. What a sad sack that guy is.  I laughed out LOUD when he said he "didn't  know what to expect" at his bachelor party I was like HELLO this is your 4th one and you don't know what goes on? haha Too much.

Azan + Nicole = Az-hole

Boy Lowo or whatever the f his name is has some game! With the whole seduction scene! Had to laugh, he's workin' it. 

I FF thru Chantal and Pedro. Every time. The mom does need to stop with the cowboy hat tho, agreed! 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was under the assumption that Chantel does not have much of an income and Pedro can not legally work at this time, she was crying about not being able to afford a wedding, etc...considering her bedroom is in her kitchen, just a hunch.  Not meant as an insult but as an observation from this season.

Based on the fact that her bed is at the front door and her kitchen is at the foot of the bed,  I think it's safe to say that Chantel doesn't have two cents of her own to rub together.  Perhaps she used all her money to pay for the K-1 visa. 

• Love 2

If I could sum up this episode I would call it immaturity issues on display. Nicole is a perpetual 13 year old playing out the drama of a middle school relationship. She thinks she is a jasmine that met her alladin and the fairy tale isn't playing out the way she thought it would. Scary thing is this baby has a real baby to raise. 

Matt is on a bachelor party bus and is 43 years old with a group of men his age or older. Who has a bachelor party at that age, especially for a 4th wedding. I guess if one marriage doesn't work out, repeat the exact same dumb ass things and expect different results right? Plus who over the age of 25 utilizes a party bus? And the stripper... Cough... Meth... Cough. 

Chantal is also unable to communicate with her family like an adult and own up to her own decisions. She tries to deflect trust issues onto Pedro like that makes any of it any better. It would not be easier on her in the long run to throw him under the bus and make her family not like him just to make it easier on her in the short term. Her exasperated sidelong glances look like she is auditioning for Gone With the Wind and is pretty over the top. Reality show attention is the main goal here.

lowo - it's almost negligent to film a scam in action. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

That's a HUGE if.  They would have to remain married for over ten years, not have a job and prove to a Court he needs to be rehabilitated in order to work.  That does not happen in the real world.  Women who have been married for decades don't get alimony any more.  I think the parents are as delusional as their daughter.  

I don't know where you live, but I got divorced in 2010 after 30 years of marriage and I am paying my ex-husband $5,000 a month in alimony.

Shit still happens.

Edited by NoSpam
  • Love 5

I'd like to think that Azan has good intentions, but that apology on the way to the airport reeked of last minute assurance that pathetic Nicole was still on the hook. No worries there! In the preview for next week, she's trying to lose some weight because Azan isn't attracted to her. He seems to not be very into large women, but surely he could tell on skype that she was overweight. I think he's more turned off by her clingy, needy, poor me, no will power personality than her dumpalump bod. I can see her just laying there saying, "tell me you like making love to me, tell me this is the only hooha for you, tell me you want me to have your baby". Meantime Azan is thinking, "Once I get to America I can afford all the ball-gags, black-out curtains and birth control I need to get through the next 2 years".

Oh Jorge - you sick little bootlicker. Anfisa will make a lousy wife, but she will be an incredible dominatrix. For the right price she will deny you affection and beat that ass into submission. She will make you beg for every crumb, then slap your hand away. You want to be her worm, so stop trying to make it out like 50 Shades of Anfisa includes a love story.

Matt's bachelor party was just sad and trashy. Maybe they got their shows mixed up and his buddies thought they were on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. The suit coat with the bills pinned to it was Matt's bling. All they were missing was a drunken brawl. This group of schlubs throwing down with security would have been hilarious!

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, J80134 said:

I'd like to think that Azan has good intentions, but that apology on the way to the airport reeked of last minute assurance that pathetic Nicole was still on the hook. No worries there! In the preview for next week, she's trying to lose some weight because Azan isn't attracted to her. He seems to not be very into large women, but surely he could tell on skype that she was overweight. I think he's more turned off by her clingy, needy, poor me, no will power personality than her dumpalump bod. I can see her just laying there saying, "tell me you like making love to me, tell me this is the only hooha for you, tell me you want me to have your baby". Meantime Azan is thinking, "Once I get to America I can afford all the ball-gags, black-out curtains and birth control I need to get through the next 2 years".

Thank you!! I brought this up in early episode threads and got repeatedly shut down on this point. I swear in the first episode we saw a video chat in action, and she was looming over the laptop. I have never bought for a second that he truly didn't know she was fat. The moment he said "I was surprised she's big a little bit" I knew he was a bullshitter. First of all, Nicole strikes me as the type who probably told him about every insecurity and made it 100% clear right off the bat she's a big girl. Second, I so think he marketed his profiles towards the BBW set a lot like Narkiya's scammer. I think his stilted language and lack of affect cover a lot of sins, but Azan's not genuine and it bothers me that her weight is becoming an issue here. It was probably one of the first times I felt sorry for her, when she said "you never mentioned that before" when he tried to subtly bring it up. He always knew she was big and claimed to love her anyway, he doesn't get to take that back or make shitty little comments now. Maybe he's trying to break down her self-esteem a little more to get some leverage, or he's just bad at maintaining the ruse, I don't know. But Nicole is also awful so whatever.

• Love 3

I hope if Nicole is losing weight that she is doing it for herself and not because of a man. She's young and has time to make major changes that will improve her quality of life and her daughter's. Azan's opinions are irrelevant. 

• Love 5

Jorge and Anfisa are the most interesting couple. That scene where he comes in from sleeping in the car was very telling. She was giving him doe eyes and seemed genuinely relieved that he was home but at the same time every time he would try to have an actual conversation with her she would bark, "No." It's like when you talk to a 2 year old while they're sleepy. They just keep saying no to be contrary. Anyway, there non verbals throughout that scene showed that they're in some weird emotional dance.

She's definitely sending mixed messages. In one of the early episodes, she said that she and Jorge have great chemistry. (Ew.) When she went to meet his sister she was stressed about making a good impression and when his sister said she was worried about Jorge being used for his money, Anfisa assured her she had nothing to worry about. One of the tweets also said that Jorge is the only person Anfisa's ever slept with. (Once again, Ew. Also, I would like a Maury Povich lie detector on that one cause I don't think so.)

I wish we knew more about Anfisa's background. Was she abandoned by her parents? Why does she live with her grandmother? Her affect suggests she might be emotionally stunted. She doesn't make a good gold-digger at all. She hasn't received one thing she demanded. No purse, no wedding dress, no ring. I think Jorge is playing her more than she realizes. She shouldn't underestimate a guy because he appears "safe." He's already basically said he will let her bark because he can wait her out. There relationship is based on mutual manipulation.

ETA: I understand why she chose Jorge now. Last week he said Anfisa is obsessed with Hollywood, so she probably chose him because he lives in LA and she dreamed of coming and being discovered. She does not have the business sense of a real gold digger.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't even discuss the Nigerian jerk.   The whole storyline is insulting to my intelligence.   The thought of Narkyia trussed up in pink fuzzy handcuffs, her mouth stuffed with cupcakes, was more than I could bear.

OMG...I'm just glad I didn't have food or drink in my mouth when I read that, otherwise my screen would be splattered.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I thought it was interesting that Azan apologized to Nicole, on the cab ride to the airport, about having been rude to her. He said he should have treated her better, like "she deserved to be treated." I think he knows he made a huge mistake with her and is overcome w/ guilt and frustration.

I completely disagree--I think he was trying to be nice. I think hes thrilled to be away from her!

• Love 1

Regarding Chantel and Pedro, I think we're all getting a little distracted by the weirdness of the Family Chantel and losing sight of something. Yes, Chantel decided to lie to her family for no real legitimate reason that I can see (to "get to know him better"? What?) BUT Pedro went right along with it. And it can't just be a language thing. If I am in love with someone and planning to marry, if they came to me and asked me to lie to their entire family, I'd say no. I know he's young, but dang, how did he think that was all going to play out well?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Is it just me, or does this guy's head look exactly like an egg when it's on her phone?

It's very clear that there is zero chemistry between these two and the last thing they need is to get married.  She was looking at this phone thinking why should I let this egg into my house, even if it is his house, and even if it is a talking egg?

download (1).jpeg

This killed.  LOL.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Well, it depends on who ends the relationship. Etiquette dictates that if she breaks the engagement, he gets the ring back. If he breaks the engagement, she gets to keep the ring. I don't know what the social customs surrounding this are in Morocco, of course, but that's how it is in the US. If you pay heed to "proper" etiquette. YMMV.

Actually, this issue has gone in front of a higher Court in the US.  It does not matter who breaks the engagement. The ring goes back to the groom.  The ring is a gift in anticipation of marriage, if the marriage does not happen, the ring goes back to the groom. BUT after the marriage the bride keeps the ring if there is a divorce.  There have been exceptions to this when the engagement ring was a family heirloom, after divorce the ring has gone to children or a $ value given to the wife.

No-Span shit does happen, however, the marriage took place in 1980.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lids said:

Jorge and Anfisa are the most interesting couple. That scene where he comes in from sleeping in the car was very telling. She was giving him doe eyes and seemed genuinely relieved that he was home but at the same time every time he would try to have an actual conversation with her she would bark, "No." It's like when you talk to a 2 year old while they're sleepy. They just keep saying no to be contrary. Anyway, there non verbals throughout that scene showed that they're in some weird emotional dance.

She's definitely sending mixed messages. In one of the early episodes, she said that she and Jorge have great chemistry. (Ew.) When she went to meet his sister she was stressed about making a good impression and when his sister said she was worried about Jorge being used for his money, Anfisa assured her she had nothing to worry about. One of the tweets also said that Jorge is the only person Anfisa's ever slept with. (Once again, Ew. Also, I would like a Maury Povich lie detector on that one cause I don't think so.)

I wish we knew more about Anfisa's background. Was she abandoned by her parents? Why does she live with her grandmother? Her affect suggests she might be emotionally stunted. She doesn't make a good gold-digger at all. She hasn't received one thing she demanded. No purse, no wedding dress, no ring. I think Jorge is playing her more than she realizes. She shouldn't underestimate a guy because he appears "safe." He's already basically said he will let her bark because he can wait her out. There relationship is based on mutual manipulation.

ETA: I understand why she chose Jorge now. Last week he said Anfisa is obsessed with Hollywood, so she probably chose him because he lives in LA and she dreamed of coming and being discovered. She does not have the business sense of a real gold digger.

Living with grandma isn't uncommon in Russia. She might spend a lot of time at the dacha and be less in your face than your actual parents, etc. Unless you move to a different city, it's common to live at home until marriage at least. 

I don't for one minute believe that Azon is marrying her for anything more than a green card. he's going to do the minimum he has to, get what he needs, leave her and then marry someone from his own culture. There is absolutely no reason that these two could possibly have any kind of long-term partnership.

• Love 3

We don't know the Anfisa who sleeps with Jorge at night. Maybe she's happy and agreeable and gives George hope. 

Judge Judy taught me that an engagement ring is given as a contract. If the marriage doesn't happen it goes back to the buyer. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, millennium said:

Whoa.  Let's not forget that Jorge's a lying, self-indulgent pig who leveraged a green card -- a key to our nation -- as a means to score a woman way out of his league.    And if he finds himself in a pickle now, it's his own fault.   Jorge whining that Anfisa doesn't love him elicits the same sympathy I'd have for someone who gets robbed by a prostitute -- in other words, none.

A prostitute that you invite into your house to live with you?  To share your food, sleep in your bed, and plan to build a life with? That kind of prostitute?  Yeah, George wanted someone hot looking. Most men under a certain age and maturity level do.    Anfisa is just a cold hearted B.  I think that George thought she would change, or is incredibly stupid. Or both.  For that alone, I feel sorry for him.  But not her.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I don't for one minute believe that Azon is marrying her for anything more than a green card. he's going to do the minimum he has to, get what he needs, leave her and then marry someone from his own culture. There is absolutely no reason that these two could possibly have any kind of long-term partnership.

They do admit to not getting on and finding each other off-putting physically and/or emotionally, however, they love each other and will work through the loathing!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, J80134 said:

Oh Jorge - you sick little bootlicker. Anfisa will make a lousy wife, but she will be an incredible dominatrix. For the right price she will deny you affection and beat that ass into submission. She will make you beg for every crumb, then slap your hand away. You want to be her worm, so stop trying to make it out like 50 Shades of Anfisa includes a love story.

Matt's bachelor party was just sad and trashy. Maybe they got their shows mixed up and his buddies thought they were on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. The suit coat with the bills pinned to it was Matt's bling. All they were missing was a drunken brawl. This group of schlubs throwing down with security would have been hilarious!

I want to say that this post had me rolling! Thank you for the laugh, @J80134! "tell me this is the only hooha for you!" oh my god. I need brain bleach but I'm laughing hysterically!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Is she?  Anfisa has been completely honest about what she expects.  Jorge wanted a relationship with a woman he could easily exploit and control.  Why do men like Matt, Jorge, Mike (S1), and Mark (S3) seek out these type of relationships?  Power and control imbalance.  They want to have something they can fuck when then they want without it having the means to leave.  Jorge is what is wrong with society.  

Yes, I believe she is. She encapsulates everything that is a money-hungry, cold hearted person, who thinks that just because they're honest and up front, they can treat someone like dirt.  Jorge is not financially taking advantage of her, she is financially taking advantage of him.  I cringed at the way she treated him. And if he likes that sort of stuff...he probably needs mental health counseling, not ridicule or disdain.  I sense, underneath it all, Jorge is all bluster, and was really hurt by Anfisa. And she knows it, and could not care less.  She shouldn't be praised for that.  Heck, we don't praise Trump for being blunt, do we? No...he is vilified. But not Anfisa.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The producer wrote that the drive from Azan's parents' home to the airport was 5 hours. Can you imagine a 5-hour drive with Nicole pawing at you and crying?

5 hours of simpering looks, "do you love me, "and her head on his shoulder...while he stares straight ahead.  

• Love 3

I thought when Azan started telling Nicole that he was sorry for not treating her better, that he was setting up the classic, "it's not you ... it's me" dumping strategy. The man never LOOKED at her. Her charming smile was never seen because, 1) she rarely smiled 2) he never looked at her! His culture did not dictate affectionate eye contact. The man was dying inside. And honestly, it's never a hugely popular opinion, but a partner has a right to expect a physical attraction. I'm still not completely sure how she hid the body all that time, but Azan clearly didn't seem to expect the big white blob that Nicole turned out to be. 

Now, if they're together and moving forward I will get on his scamming ass like I did with all the others. 

• Love 2

I don't believe that on a five hour ride in the relative privacy of the back of a taxi, Azan couldn't have demonstrated more physical affection than he would have felt comfortable doing in public. At the very least, he could have stolen a few kisses, which leads me to think he JUST DIDN'T WANT TO! 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

A prostitute that you invite into your house to live with you?  To share your food, sleep in your bed, and plan to build a life with? That kind of prostitute?  Yeah, George wanted someone hot looking. Most men under a certain age and maturity level do.    Anfisa is just a cold hearted B.  I think that George thought she would change, or is incredibly stupid. Or both.  For that alone, I feel sorry for him.  But not her.

Yes, that kind of prostitute.  Anfisa is living on Jorge's dime, with an understanding that she will act in a certain way if she is properly remunerated.

The "just a red-blooded American boy" line of reasoning doesn't work.   He's a pig.   He cheapens the whole idea of love.  Love comes from knowing a person, sharing experiences with him or her, both good times and bad.   It happens over time, not just because you lay down X-amount of dollars or pop a boner whenever Miss Red Square 2016 trots out the Fredericks of Hollywood get-up. 

To label Anfisa a "cold hearted B" is a convenient way to excuse Jorge -- and all men, really -- of responsibility.   He's just doing what comes natural!   She's the bitch."   Baloney.   What next?   He paid for dinner so she should put out?   You also try to excuse Jorge by saying he's stupid, or thought she would change -- in other words, he's of diminished mental capacity so none of this is his fault, she's the bitch.

Poor stupid Jorge.  All he did was rule out all possibility of trying to meet a nice, ordinary woman who might love him for himself and instead sought out and shelled out for the fake affections of a big-titted, soul-sucking foreigner who doesn't care whether he lives or dies as long as the money keeps flowing.   And because he finds himself unable to live up to the phony, overblown promises he made her -- all lies, apparently --  he's the victim?

I have to say, I'm not feeling it.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I agree the story line is totally fake. I think that Chantal and  Pedro met and decided to stay together. She saw an ad for 90 Day Fiance and concocted the story of their secret engagement as hook to get the producers to select them for the show. Everything after that has been manufactured drama for the cameras. 

I have to agree as this is so far fetched. To keep a lie like that almost the entire 90 days, expect her parents to come around & plan a wedding in what, 2 days, & get a prenup done in that amount of time as well... c'mon. I want to see the actual 'wedding'. If it's anything more than perhaps a park or her parents' home, they planned it well in advance. And what kind of gown can she get in 2 days? Let's see what she wears.

But me thinks Chantel wants to be seen/discovered on TV & family Chantel & fiance/husband Pedro are happily helping out.

But that's my own speculation.

And she over acts- fakey drama queen. (eye roll)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't trust him! The whole issue of his reliability has been clouded by Chantel's big stupid LIE. However, let's not forget this man missed his flight, didn't bother to call her, and got testy with her when she, on the verge of disappointed tears, tried to question him about it. To me that said a LOT about his character! Also he did a bait and switch about his love of clubbing which seems to be Chantel's favorite hobby; again, this was clouded by her terrible behavior.  Add to that we know nothing about his work history or if he even has one! I think Pedro might actually be perfectly comfortable sitting on the couch all day playing video games while Chantel brought home the money.

The preview for next week tends to confirm everything I suspect about Pedro.   His mother's a real sweetiepie, isn't she?  "Don't sign anything!  Stupid Americans!"

Maybe as in, "Don't sign anything because you if can't get her money then you can't send it back to us."   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Yes, I believe she is. She encapsulates everything that is a money-hungry, cold hearted person, who thinks that just because they're honest and up front, they can treat someone like dirt.  Jorge is not financially taking advantage of her, she is financially taking advantage of him.  I cringed at the way she treated him. And if he likes that sort of stuff...he probably needs mental health counseling, not ridicule or disdain.  I sense, underneath it all, Jorge is all bluster, and was really hurt by Anfisa. And she knows it, and could not care less.  She shouldn't be praised for that.  Heck, we don't praise Trump for being blunt, do we? No...he is vilified. But not Anfisa.

I agree with this and especially the part that Jorge is genuinely hurt.  He looked like hell.  Anfisa was so abusive to him that I don't think she's funny anymore even though I loved her up until this episode.  

And yet if it wasn't for her cold abuse, Anfisa could be justified getting mad if during the fight Jorge told her he won't be able to buy her the things he promised to lure her over here.  That's no different than Lowo promising Narkyia the world with his fingers crossed behind his back.

The fight may have started over something small that Anfisa "can't remember" (yeah, sure), but it had to turn to money at some point.  I can't think of anything else that would rile Anfisa so much that she'd get so ruthless.

I think Jorge knows his days with Anfisa are numbered because he can't afford her and it's wearing him down trying to keep up the facade.

When this season started I was waiting with popcorn for Jorge to crash and burn.  Now he's looking so pathetic that I find myself hoping he'll get professional help, (and not from the hooker profession, lol).

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Yes, that kind of prostitute.  Anfisa is living on Jorge's dime, with an understanding that she will act in a certain way if she is properly remunerated.

Get paid for riding a flabby marijuana grower's d all you want, you're not a prostitute until you start advertising! I agree with everything else you said here lol.

Jorge reeks desperation. Anfisa seems genuinely disappointed. She may have even been frowning, if it weren't for her permanently upturned lips.

Jorge seemed to make some financial promises he could not keep, thinking he'd get her here & she'd somehow turn into some sort of Stepford wife.

They're both broken in a sense. Something happened to Anfisa to make her think she has nothing more to offer than a body, & Jorge seems to think he can buy an empty headed, sexy wife. They didn't meet each other's expectations, so now it's all falling apart for both of them.

Hopefully they'll both figure it out someday.

• Love 3

My take on the prenup discussion is that Parents Chantel know there's no time for a prenup. They are hoping the discussion will cause an argument between Chantel and Pedro, and Chantel will decide against marrying him.  I bet it works.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, millennium said:

The preview for next week tends to confirm everything I suspect about Pedro.   His mother's a real sweetiepie, isn't she?  "Don't sign anything!  Stupid Americans!"

Maybe as in, "Don't sign anything because you if can't get her money then you can't send it back to us."   

If my 21 year old son had fallen in love with a foreign student and decided to follow her to her homeland and he told me she was keeping their engagement a secret from her parents and was living in an efficiency apartment not able to work or go to school and he told me that two days before the wedding she told the truth AND her parents wanted a pre-nup I'd tell him to RUN.

its insulting to think that just because this young man is Latino he will be taking money from his wife to send to his mother.  I'm saying this respectfully, of course.  

• Love 22
47 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

If my 21 year old son had fallen in love with a foreign student and decided to follow her to her homeland and he told me she was keeping their engagement a secret from her parents and was living in an efficiency apartment not able to work or go to school and he told me that two days before the wedding she told the truth AND her parents wanted a pre-nup I'd tell him to RUN.

its insulting to think that just because this young man is Latino he will be taking money from his wife to send to his mother.  I'm saying this respectfully, of course.  

It has nothing to do with his background but rather that he's from a poor country where a lot of people receive money from relatives in the United States.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, NoSpam said:

I don't know where you live, but I got divorced in 2010 after 30 years of marriage and I am paying my ex-husband $5,000 a month in alimony.

Shit still happens.

I divorced in 2008 after 20 yrs and had to pay  $4k/mo alimony for 6 yrs. to my ex.............and it was worth it to get away from him.

Edited by happy hobo
  • Love 4