Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I'm terrible about taking down the decoraions! And putting them up, too , for that matter. We finally got the tree up this year aroud Dec 21 (which is actually pretty typical) and didn't manage the other decorating at all (it's been a really hectic and not-all-that-festive last couple of months). Last year we had all SORTS of decorations up, and two trees...but since the indoor one was artificial and the 3-season porch was cool enough that the real one didn't even think about shedding needles, I don't think everything actually came down until somewhere around the middle of February...I'm the queen of procrastination :)

• Love 2

13th Jan? Honestly? Where do you live? THAT is long

Same here, with getting a tree the day before Xmas eve though.

Taking down Xmas decorations the day after Xmas? Is that normal?? Here, we leave them on til 6th January.

Here in the oh-so-holy United States, including at the oh-so-holy Duggar house, Americans are so misinformed that we mostly go with the store-decoration calendar for Christmas. Stores decorate pre-Christmas -- so they can entice us to buy stuff -- so Americans decorate their homes on the same schedule. And since the stores obviously take their decoration-ads down the day after Christmas, so they can start advertising to sell us something else, so do more and more Americans, including, as we see, the oh-so-holy Duggars. It's the result of American ignorance and complete domination by commercial interests. Nobody has a clue about the traditional church season (or its ancient pagan counterparts) and what the decorations are supposed to mean for the human spirit in those contexts. All we understand is -- Stores ripped down their decorations, so Christmas is over! And, of course, the oh-so-holy Duggs. ... Well, you know. Meanwhile, secular-and-thus-evil Europe keeps to the religious traditions. American exceptionalism indeed.

• Love 7

Sweden. And Christmas lasts until Knut's Day (local medieval saint), twenty days after Christmas Eve, when there are usually parties for the kids with dancing and games around the Christmas tree and lots of candy and gingerbread to eat. And then after a long dance around the house, the tree is thrown out (after the decorations are removed obviously) amid much noisy singing. Probably a bit too pagan and/or Catholic for the Duggars. ;)

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 6

I'm terrible about taking down the decoraions! And putting them up, too , for that matter. We finally got the tree up this year aroud Dec 21 (which is actually pretty typical) and didn't manage the other decorating at all (it's been a really hectic and not-all-that-festive last couple of months). Last year we had all SORTS of decorations up, and two trees...but since the indoor one was artificial and the 3-season porch was cool enough that the real one didn't even think about shedding needles, I don't think everything actually came down until somewhere around the middle of February...I'm the queen of procrastination :)

I'm guilty of procrastinating with this as well.  Been a crazy few months at my house as well, we didn't get the tree until the 21st!  Latest we have ever gotten a tree.  I don't have a date that I take it all down - it comes down to whenever I get the urge and have energy to take it all down and pack it up.  Sometimes it's a week later, and I have been guilty of going a few weeks past. 

Bringing it back to stay on topic - I'm curious as to why the Duggars remove all Christmas décor so quickly. 

For them Christmas is over so they might as well get the stuff down and it gives the kids something to do in the after Christmas let down.  Their denomination doesn't pay attention to Holy Family, the Baptism of the Lord, Epiphany, or any of that Catholic/Orthodox blather.  They're done. 

• Love 4

Well, now I feel bad for Amy. Her dad, Terry Jordan, filed for divorce from her mom, Deanna, right before Christmas. It made the local newspaper and just got picked up by Pickles and Hairspray. 

I bet the Duggars are glad that 2015 is ending soon. It's been the shittiest of shitty years for them. 

Edited by Guest

Or they have to build on an extra closet in their current place to house Famy's wardrobe. 

I'm curious about all the different fashionable clothes Amy wears in her instagrams and tweets, often coupled with a plug for a clothing website. Does anyone know how that kind of thing works - is Amy being comped clothes, or given discounts, to plug these retailers? Or is she perhaps trying to get such perks by plugging them?

It looks like she spends a lot of money on clothes - and rather unique clothes at that, meaning she probably doesn't wear them over and over.

• Love 2

Liturgically, the Christmas season concludes with the observance of the Baptism of the Lord, which is after Epiphany. Heaven forbid that the Duggars would hew to such papistical customs, of course.

• Love 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/_uiy3NAbCH/

Amy gets a new car for Christmas, all wrapped up like on a TV commercial.

What's with the new cars for Christmas? Teresa Giudice (RHONJ) gets out of the Big House & has a brand new pricey SUV, complete with red bow, waiting for her at home & now Famy? It looks new, I guess they don't follow the "buy used & save the difference™" line preached by Uncle Boob. I'm sure there are car payments involved so they must have missed the chapter on being debt free in their pre-marital counseling.

• Love 3

I can't see this card being displayed with others at the TTH.

I actually can't see it being displayed with the cards at anybody's house. ...

It looks pretty much one of a kind to me. I'll give her that. It's original. Stupid, ridiculous and completely inappropriate, while also being boring. But original.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/749943561805962/?type=3&source=48&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.749943561805962%3Atl_objid.749943561805962&__tn__=E

Lost Girl Jenny is actually smiling! Meredith is cute.

Since the Duggar's had Christmas decorations up for Thanksgiving, it appears they are wasting no time taking them down. I see boxes of green garland stuff.

Why are the lost girls and Jana, Joy, Jinger photographed so often holding the babies, and the mothers rarely? Also, what's with they way they hold babies. I see many photos with the  baby facing forward (whole body). They don't go so far as to think the regular 'baby/child on your hip' is inappropriate do they? See Jill and Derick pic with Izzy, JB with Spurgeon etc. Doesn't seem natural.

• Love 2

Why are the lost girls and Jana, Joy, Jinger photographed so often holding the babies, and the mothers rarely? Also, what's with they way they hold babies. I see many photos with the  baby facing forward (whole body). They don't go so far as to think the regular 'baby/child on your hip' is inappropriate do they? See Jill and Derick pic with Izzy, JB with Spurgeon etc. Doesn't seem natural.

You are right. Even Grandpa Boob is holding Christmas Spurgey facing out in that one picture. When they show the Lost girls holding the babies this way, it looks so unsafe like the baby will just slide out of their arms.

• Love 2

Tv training? Making sure everybody in the shot is facing the camera?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Looks like Famey has moved on from the 'Bewitched' nose crinkle to the Kardashian butt shot. This whole, talentless, anacephalic family makes me want to retch.

Oh, Lordy ! Merry Assmas, y'all !!!

That dress ?! That dress in the woods ?! The looking over her shoulder butt-shot while straining her lower back enough that I can hear her tendons popping like piano wire ?

She is precisely ONE sequin away from officially becoming one of the Sweeney Sisters...

• Love 15

Same here, with getting a tree the day before Xmas eve though.

There doesn't seem to be a single child in that household that wouldn't need/benefit from intensive therapy. The boys seem less affected, but the girls......

One year, my mom took her tree down on July 4th. Jan 13th doesn't sound that bad. 

• Love 9

Good for Famy. Famewhores gonna famewhore so at least she's sticking it to Uncle Jim Bob and his crazy fundie brood by showing off bare shoulders & bums rather than super tight shirts on pregnant bellies/boobs (cough Jessa cough)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

She just posted a pic consisting of piles of breakfast food. She said it had been a "crappy day." Regretting that pic, or more likely, got wind that Deanna's divorce papers had been released.

eu0rb6.jpg

Puke... is what that sauce looks like.

You know i was so shocked the first time I went to the states and ate in a restaurant. You would think there wouldn't be much of a difference considering we have most of the same chains up here, but the portion sizes are insane! Meals are put on what we would call serving platters here. Not a regular dinner plate at all. And it is FILLED with food from end to end. Even going out here, I Find i bring half of my meal home these days. Makes the meal more cost effective actually. Two for the price of one.

• Love 6

Is that the normal portion size for a U.S. restaurant meal for one? I'm not criticizing Amy for what she eats, I'm just trying to understand whether that's what gets served up for breakfast at American restaurants!

Edited by maplebrew

Is that the normal portion size for a U.S. restaurant meal for one? I'm not criticizing Amy for what she eats, I'm just trying to understand whether that's what gets served up for breakfast at American restaurants!

It isn't universally normal, but there are restaurants that specialize in such. My DH and I were visiting family in Montana and we went to a local (lots of local color, loved it) restaurant for breakfast. He ordered one of the platters as did the others. I ordered a la carte 2 scrambled eggs, an English muffin, oj and coffee. My plate actually looked ludicrous besides all the others. There's had eggs piled on hash,browns with bacon and gravy covering it and pancakes with syrup all and probably lots of other stuff underneath. Those plates were bigger and fuller even than Amy's appears. The others (not DH though he ate a lot) ate every bit. So it certainly happens. 

• Love 1
One year, my mom took her tree down on July 4th. Jan 13th doesn't sound that bad.

I have a friend who takes her tree down at 5 o'clock on Christmas Day. Her family opens their gifts on Christmas eve and those from Santa on Xmas morn.  When I asked her why she did that she shamed me by saying "Christmas is over by 5!"

Yep, their annus horribilis.

Yeah, but the Duggars would never admit it, like good ol' Queen Elizabeth went and did.  Actually, they probably have no idea what the words mean; they probably think it's another one of those despicable acts their firstborn son committed.

Poor Famy.  A Christmas divorce? Must have been one hell of a blow out fight between her parents for her Dad to drop that bomb at this time of year.  But eating five pounds of breakfast food ain't going to fix that problem.

• Love 6

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451630917./754078251392493/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Josie licking her paper plate New Years Eve feast.

Of course, we all know Josie is NOT a Lost Girl, just "the other Duggars"!

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1451630917./753963741403944/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Josie, Lost Girls, and in every photo, Jackson, the boy who won't grow!

• Love 3

Is that a recent photo? She looks tiny. Along with Jackson, the children who remain forever tiny.

Re that breakfast, that is breakfast????? Seriously? What is the bread looking stuff on the right? Strange looking food (apologies to you US lot.....), apart from the pancakes I can't even figure out what it is.

• Love 2