Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

On 12/23/2017 at 6:49 PM, Mollie said:

Jordyn isn't shy.  She always had a lot to say for her TLC interviews for the cameramen on the show and she was quite animated.  She always laughed and had a great time playing with niece Mackynzie and sister Josie.  In the birthday video, she only retracts from her mother, not from her father.

I think she has a reactive attachment disorder (RAD) to Michelle.  She can barely stand to listen to her talk, but she knows she has to or suffer dire consequences.  And, she doesn't want Michelle to touch her, even hiding her hand behind her back so Michelle can't reach it.  As soon as Michelle backs off, Jordyn smiles and reaches for her birthday presents. 

For her birthday greeting from Michelle last year, Michelle said to her, "You love to hold babies and be a helper anywhere, laundry, dishes, cleaning, organizing, playing with younger ones and helping other mommies with their little ones!! "  That was a clear indication that, at eight-years-old, Jordyn was nothing more than a child slave. Here's one of Jordyn's baby pictures:  

0 00 1 Joy pregnant.jpg

"Helping other mommies"???

• Love 8

This photo of Jana with a baby strapped around her is so sad. It shows just what's wrong with Michelle. She has used and 'abused' her daughters from the get go.  Jana should be going to school, talking to friends, going to the mall or movies with them, etc; not being a house maid/slave to her mother or anyone.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, louannems said:

So the Duggar Family did go to the SOS missioncation this December?

There was speculation that they wouldn't go due to the Dillards screwing up over there and not being invited back.

Well, the S.O.S. guy has been buddies with the Duggars and used them as part of his PR for a long time, and he's also Gothard-related, isn't he? Their website still has Duggar stuff all over it.  http://www.soshope.org/about/s-o-s-with-the-duggar-family/

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, the S.O.S. guy has been buddies with the Duggars and used them as part of his PR for a long time, and he's also Gothard-related, isn't he? Their website still has Duggar stuff all over it.  http://www.soshope.org/about/s-o-s-with-the-duggar-family/

Weird thing about the Duggars - other than JB's political losses, TLC appears to be the first entity to push back against them. And even after TLC pushed back, JB & M were back on the Fundy Conference circuit toot sweet.

Came back to add that Oprah pushed back years ago too.

Edited by GeeGolly
Oprah
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Weird thing about the Duggars - other than JB's political losses, TLC appears to be the first entity to push back against them. And even after TLC pushed back, JB & M were back on the Fundy Conference circuit toot sweet.

Yeah, it is weird, isn't it? Other than politics, though, and then TLC, I guess they've pretty much stayed in their lane -- biblical-patriarchy-type orgs and people. And since those have always been pretty marginal in this country -- for a century or so, anyway!-- and the Duggs have had their TeeVee fame to bring to the table, that might explain it. When you don't have a lot of coattails to ride into the mainstream, you'll take whatever ones you can get? And not look the gift coattails in the mouth? 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only speaking engagements Michelle and Jim Bob get these days are for Gothard organizations or the family camp owned by Austin Forsyth's parents.  They lost all the lucrative appearances at mega churches, conferences and political events when the molestation scandals broke out.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

The only speaking engagements Michelle and Jim Bob get these days are for Gothard organizations or the family camp owned by Austin Forsyth's parents.  They lost all the lucrative appearances at mega churches, conferences and political events when the molestation scandals broke out.

As well they should have. 

• Love 19

Jordyn has been ignored practically since birth, or at least for as long as she can remember, I'm sure. Then she's a part of that Duggar circus, where there are so many children that she's basically just blended in with all the other kids and grandkids. I'm sure being made to be the center of attention has got to be so excruciatingly uncomfortable, it looks like she just wants to crawl into herself. Poor baby.  

• Love 18

Jordyn became an aunt at 10 months old and was overshadowed by Josie's preemie status and Mack as the first "Grand-Duggar". She might as well be a middle of the pack child rather than second youngest. The Duggar grandchildren basically became an add on to the J'kids. The longest the Duggars have gone without having a newborn around since Jordyn was born was 2 years. That was between Michael and Marcus. It's all about the grandchildren now.

• Love 13
On 12/31/2017 at 3:04 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Jordyn became an aunt at 10 months old and was overshadowed by Josie's preemie status and Mack as the first "Grand-Duggar". She might as well be a middle of the pack child rather than second youngest. The Duggar grandchildren basically became an add on to the J'kids. The longest the Duggars have gone without having a newborn around since Jordyn was born was 2 years. That was between Michael and Marcus. It's all about the grandchildren now.

8 born and 2 soon to be born. 9 grand-kids away from 19 and Counting. If Jinger gets on board and a couple more get married they could reach 19 very soon. Michelle will take notice of the 19th grandchild - for an episode.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

8 born and 2 soon to be born. 9 grand-kids away from 19 and Counting. If Jinger gets on board and a couple more get married they could reach 19 very soon. Michelle will take notice of the 19th grandchild - for an episode.

There are 9 grandchildren as of now - Josh/Anna's five plus Jill/Derek and Jessa/Ben each have two. And Joy/Austin and Kendra/Joe make #10 and #11.

Why do I know this without looking it up?

Here's hoping Jinger holds firm and still holds off for awhile. If she makes it to the second anniversary without a baby or a pregnancy, will Michelle/JB worry? Or will they even notice with the two new babies?

• Love 7

I think they will notice for the next year or 3, but it’s going to be hard for them to keep track soon.  Once a couple more offspring get married and expecting..they will soon lose track of names, etc.  my step-Dad was the youngest of 14.   After a while, grandma didn’t give a crap about her grandchildren. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9

They are already up to eleven grandchildren (including the two to be born this year), most of them are boys, and Isreal/Spurgeon/Meredith and Henry/Sam/Mason are around the same age. Heaven help them if Baby Forsyth and Baby Duggar are the same gender.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

They are already up to eleven grandchildren (including the two to be born this year), most of them are boys, and Isreal/Spurgeon/Meredith and Henry/Sam/Mason are around the same age. Heaven help them if Baby Forsyth and Baby Duggar are the same gender.

I'm sure Joy and Austin will do a cutesy reveal party for TV. Granted it won't be Joy planning it. Otherwise it'll be about as enthusiastic as Jill and Dullard's reveal that Samuel was a boy.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, LexieLily said:

There are 9 grandchildren as of now - Josh/Anna's five plus Jill/Derek and Jessa/Ben each have two. And Joy/Austin and Kendra/Joe make #10 and #11.

Why do I know this without looking it up?

Here's hoping Jinger holds firm and still holds off for awhile. If she makes it to the second anniversary without a baby or a pregnancy, will Michelle/JB worry? Or will they even notice with the two new babies?

Well, that is not to be. JinJer is #12.

• Love 2
On 1/2/2018 at 8:45 PM, mythoughtis said:

I think they will notice for the next year or 3, but it’s going to be hard for them to keep track soon.  Once a couple more offspring get married and expecting..they will soon lose track of names, etc.  my step-Dad was the youngest of 14.   After a while, grandma didn’t give a crap about her grandchildren. 

Once the numbers are high enough, it gets pretty hard to care, for anybody, I'd guess.

But JB and M already have a big head start on not giving a crap about children, grandchildren included. JB is better at making the intense self-love and self-admiration he feels when in the presence of his loinfruit and their offspring look like caring for said loinfruit, on camera at least. But if either of them had ever cared, at all, about children, they would have led completely different lives from the ones they've led, if you ask me. 

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

And Jackson not so much for now. Isn't he supposed to be 3 - 4 years older than Tyler? They look the same size!

Tyler is 9 and Jackson is 13. For some reason he's always with the little kids when he should already be interested in hanging with the older boys. He definitely still has a child mentality.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's still there. I posted on it earlier today. 

I'm having a problem finding 19 kids and counting, counting on, and bringing up bates.  When I log on to PTV these shows are NOT listed in the forums section.  I checked the part where they list all the programs beginning with a specific letter and still no luck!  What's up?

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, luvmylabs said:

I read that Amy has posted that she is most definitely NOT a Gothard follower.  Her Christianity is not rigid and exclusive of others.  Good for her.

Convenient of her (and Erin Paine) to say that after the shit hits the fan. 

Ugh, I have zero patience with these people. I almost prefer the rigid die-hards. Stand up for your beliefs when it's hard or shut the fuck up.

• Love 4

Erin Paine only denied supporting Gothard the MAN. She was silent about doctrine, but it appears that nothing has changed with her. At least Famy addressed doctrine and laid out her beliefs.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11

Amy was not raised in this cult. She’s never believed in Gothard, neither the man or his doctrines. Nor have her parents. JB and Michelle didn’t pursue this cult until after they were married.  Erin seems to have been raised almost from birth in Gothard doctrine.  She may have come to see that the man is flawed, but she’d have to break away from her parents and in-laws to denounce the doctrine. Their perspectives are different. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Amy was not raised in this cult. She’s never believed in Gothard, neither the man or his doctrines. Nor have her parents. JB and Michelle didn’t pursue this cult until after they were married.  Erin seems to have been raised almost from birth in Gothard doctrine.  She may have come to see that the man is flawed, but she’d have to break away from her parents and in-laws to denounce the dictrune. Their perspectives are different. 

I didn't even think of it that way, but you're absolutely right. Amy has zero reason to denounce Gothard since she never believed in that world to begin with. Just another instance of Amy trying to capitalize on being the "rebel" "Duggar".

• Love 12

I haven’t seen what either of them said or wrote. My point was that Amy was more likely to denounce the doctrine than Erin. I think it’s actually great if Amy did speak up because it‘s important for people to realize that not all the extended family members are in this cult. It’s also important for all the family members to realize there is an extended family member that would support them in leaving the cult.  Maybe Amy’s words will convince some fans not to join the cult. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I didn't even think of it that way, but you're absolutely right. Amy has zero reason to denounce Gothard since she never believed in that world to begin with. Just another instance of Amy trying to capitalize on being the "rebel" "Duggar".

Now she bills herself as "as the Duggar's crazy cousin."  She always wants to be known as a relative of the Duggars, even though they have little to do with her and don't even visit her home.  Without the Duggar association, nobody pays any attention to her.  She's a 31-year-old, jobless twit who does nothing all day but post pictures of herself.  Outside of a part-time job as a babysitter years ago, she's never held a job in her life.  She has supported herself by mooching off her mother and grandmother.  Even now that she has married, she and her husband are living in a house owned by Grandma Mary.  Grow up, Amy!

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I haven’t seen what either of them said or wrote. My point was that Amy was more likely to denounce the doctrine than Erin. I think it’s actually great if Amy did speak up because it‘s important for people to realize that not all the extended family members are in this cult. It’s also important for all the family members to realize there is an extended family member that would support them in leaving the cult.  Maybe Amy’s words will convince some fans not to join the cult. 

Amy and her parents have always been there as the non-fundie members of the family and no one has left yet. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, lascuba said:

Convenient of her (and Erin Paine) to say that after the shit hits the fan. 

Ugh, I have zero patience with these people. I almost prefer the rigid die-hards. Stand up for your beliefs when it's hard or shut the fuck up.

I don't get what you mean.  What happened?

1 hour ago, luvmylabs said:

I don't get what you mean.  What happened?

Amy recently tweeted that she has to be " honest and true to myself" and admit that she didn't support Gothard or IBLP at all. And a while back (over a year, I think?), when the Gothard allegations were getting a lot of press, Erin posted that she didn't follow Gothard. I dislike when people jump on these bandwagons only when the negative press reaches critical mass. I don't see it as any kind of progress at all, but instead as rats deserting a sinking ship. (Though in Amy's case, it's more of a rat who jumps on board the sinking ship only to jump right back into her life boat so she can have a cool dramatic story about that time she almost drowned to tell later.)

• Love 10
14 hours ago, queenanne said:

OMG, Famy, please STFU...

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-wants-to-adopt-the-tortured-turpin-children/

I don't even count that as "nice", because really, Amy, don't you think people know you're a big faker prognosticating that you could afford to adopt *thirteen* children??  That's clearly "meaningless fake-nice designed to try to hog more spotlight".

Amy sees this as an opportunity to hop aboard the gravy train and get her own show.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If by some miracle (or work of the devil), Amy did get custody of these kids, she'd be signing a contract with TLC so fast your head would spin.  She's a shameless hustler, just like the rest of the Duggars.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Amy sees this as an opportunity to hop aboard the gravy train and get her own show.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If by some miracle (or work of the devil), Amy did get custody of these kids, she'd be signing a contract with TLC so fast your head would spin.  She's a shameless hustler, just like the rest of the Duggars.

Interesting point about the reality-show-wannabe!  Fortunately, there's no way in hell that the authorities would let Amy anywhere near those kids, let alone adopt them! 

• Love 10