Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Or having fruit juice manicures. But I guess as long as their nails are painted, y'all think they're hoping we won't notice how unkempt and dirty the Lost Girls are?

Well, the Duggars in general are 100 percent about appearances and not substance. So I guess this is all in keeping, no?

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

Why do these happy birthday videos all look like a hostage situation?  Poor Jordyn looks like she would rather be anywhere else... 

Because this is a massively unhappy family, who'll never be anything but unhappy because the parents are frigging mean, stupid, ignorant and insane?

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Are we sure that's Ben in the background?  I didn't think it looked like him, but I'm not always great with faces.

Yeah, I looked on my laptop, and I'm not sure either. But, if Ben and Jessa attend the same church, they're likely there (their chruch has never been confirmed. Don't forget the JessaBuddy thing. IF she gives two shits. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jumping in to ask what is with the light bulbs? Was this a gift from Jim Bob? Did anyone else see Ben in the background? I now return you to your regular posting.

They're economizing on their holiday decor.  Time to pull out the infamous tin man dress.

IMG_0338.JPG

• Love 11

She certainly looks almost the same with that string of lights hanging around her neck in the video. Here's one for you Mechelle: GIVE THOSE TO JORDYN! She'd actually try to have some fun with them. Oh fun....that's right....

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That gawdawful tin man dress should get a show of its own. The modesty panel that chokes women to death or the sharp pointy metal boobs that spear doofus husbands. That horror belongs on the ID or SciFi channel though. 

You think there might be a sci-fi movie about a Fundy cyborg? She would wear a tin man dress...all that's missing is her tin foil hat. We all know Xanaxia is a few bats short of a belfry as it is. Xanaxia, the Fundy Cyborg!

• Love 2

Boy that was a shock -I went from reading Sarah Pope's blog to the God awful birthday wish for Jordyn. Talk about two different families.  It was interesting that part of Samuel Pope's occupational therapy when he was around four was printing letters.  I doubt Josie was working on her letters when she was four.  What a difference in the way these two NICU rotomies have been raised. 

I wonder if MEchelle's Christmas lightbulb necklace was Derick approved.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
On 12/17/2016 at 4:20 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Now that the Kings are outed, and Famy had to explain their "reasons" for going on that show, she's now officially pimping it. 

And I will never stop criticizing her for famewhoring out a newlywed relationship for cash. Does anyone know how far ahead these things are cast, since they'd only been married maybe 6-7 months when they filmed last spring. 

What do you mean by "the Kings are outed?"  What did Amy do now?

And seriously, she and her beloved are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp?!  Sigh.....yet another show I have to watch on the sly when no one is home and immediately remove from my DVR.  This is getting tiring!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What do you mean by "the Kings are outed?"  What did Amy do now?

And seriously, she and her beloved are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp?!  Sigh.....yet another show I have to watch on the sly when no one is home and immediately remove from my DVR.  This is getting tiring!

By "outed," I just meant that their rumored participation on the show became official. Famy seemed to be heading the tabloids off at the pass. They must have found out about the Mob Wife posting on Famy's Instagram a couple days after they left LA. The Mob Wife was already a known cast member when she posted, so this rumor had some teeth to it. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I was watching MBC last week and played the short promo a few times before I yelled DUGGER! Of course we won't get anything  juicy but hey, I'll be casually watching. Just in case! 

Thanks for saying you saw that. I was confused because I watched WE and saw that so it hasn't been a secret for awhile.

• Love 1
On 18.12.2016 at 9:52 PM, louannems said:

Jordyn has NO affection or bond with Michelle!  NONE!  And I really hate how all Michelle ever likes about any of her girls is that they like babies.  How can any of them dream of a future that involves their real desires, talents, and ambitions when babies...babies... babies are constantly pushed down their throats.

There is your reason why Josie is stuck in babyhood . Michelle only likes babies , that's all she values and  to get any kind of positive attention from her, you have to like babies or - better-  be a baby .  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lianau said:

There is your reason why Josie is stuck in babyhood . Michelle only likes babies , that's all she values and  to get any kind of positive attention from her, you have to like babies or - better-  be a baby .  

So true. I've always said there's no way in hell all these girls adore children. If you were to throw a dozen random women in a room, you'd probably have a good chunk that like kids, a few who don't care one way or the other and a couple who flee any time someone tries to hand them a baby. The Duggar girls love babies because they've had it beaten into them that there's no other qualities that give them value as a woman. You're either a super breeder or pitiable spinster in their world, there's no in-between.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

By "outed," I just meant that their rumored participation on the show became official. Famy seemed to be heading the tabloids off at the pass. They must have found out about the Mob Wife posting on Famy's Instagram a couple days after they left LA. The Mob Wife was already a known cast member when she posted, so this rumor had some teeth to it. 

How long have they been married?  A year, maybe two?  And they already need a marriage boot camp?  Or is it the fame and fortune they're needing?

2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

How long have they been married?  A year, maybe two?  And they already need a marriage boot camp?  Or is it the fame and fortune they're needing?

I'm thinking it's the paycheck they're needing. DUI Dill and Amy burned their bridges pretty badly with TLC, so they were probably scraping the barrel for any show that would have them.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Certainly not Miwacle. If Josie is Xanaxia's favorite and she's that unkempt...heaven help the rest of the kids.

Well, the ONE silver lining of this could be...if Johanna, Jenny, and Jordyn learn to care for the babies, they can apply that knowledge and keep themselves up too!

6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Well, the ONE silver lining of this could be...if Johanna, Jenny, and Jordyn learn to care for the babies, they can apply that knowledge and keep themselves up too!

You think? May I direct you to Exhibit A, Jilly Moonbeam Muffin Dillard.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm thinking it's the paycheck they're needing. DUI Dill and Amy burned their bridges pretty badly with TLC, so they were probably scraping the barrel for any show that would have them.

Or - and I'm just throwing out ideas here - they could GET REAL JOBS.

• Love 8

Get real jobs doing what???  Are any of these people qualified for anything other than burger flipping?  I'm not even sure they would be successful with that because you have to be nice to customers, show up on time, and keep your hair out of the way.  Are they capable of this?  

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Get real jobs doing what???  Are any of these people qualified for anything other than burger flipping?  I'm not even sure they would be successful with that because you have to be nice to customers, show up on time, and keep your hair out of the way.  Are they capable of this?  

Yeah, I guess I didn't think that all the way through........

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Bbbbbut, weren't Duggars taught to have a "servant's heart"? If that's the case, why do they believe they are superior to the rest of us mere mortals?

• Love 3
On 12/20/2016 at 2:25 PM, BitterApple said:

So true. I've always said there's no way in hell all these girls adore children. If you were to throw a dozen random women in a room, you'd probably have a good chunk that like kids, a few who don't care one way or the other and a couple who flee any time someone tries to hand them a baby. The Duggar girls love babies because they've had it beaten into them that there's no other qualities that give them value as a woman. You're either a super breeder or pitiable spinster in their world, there's no in-between.

Also, some seem likely to be child-averse specifically because of the baby-pushing.  With a much younger sibling of my own, I had had my fill of them until minimum mid-twenties.   Some individuals made averse by a surfeit of exposure would grow out of the aversion; some never would.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

Oh, that video.  Poor Jordyn could not look less interested in her own "special" day.  For an 8 year old to not look affectionately at her Mom giving a speech at her birthday party indicates a huge disconnect to me.  What is going to become of these poor, lost children?

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Aja said:

That "servant's heart" shit is another pet peeve of mine. What the hell does that even mean? It doesn't have anything to do with actual service, as we've repeatedly seen. It's thrown around the most, it seems to me, in relation to the girls' willingness to do domestic and childcare chores, so in my mind it's synonymous with "good little sheep." It could be argued that Jill and Derick are "serving", with their orphan-petting and interpretive god-dances, but it's a damn weak argument. None of the kidults seem to be interested in anyone but themselves, and the actual kids are still too young and sheltered to have any concept of "service." Boob and Michelle's hearts are pretty self-servant. They act just like every other reality TV famewhore on the planet but they slap all of these holy-sounding bullshit phrases all over everything and, in my opinion, end up making themselves look that much more foolish.

What I find especially interesting (and horrifying), though, is that while it makes them look foolish to you and me, a heckuva lot of people seem to actually fall for it.

I'm always amazed at the way somebody's personal PR can apparently convince a lot of people, even when the facts clearly (to me) run utterly contrary to that PR. And that's absolutely happened with the Duggars and this servant stuff and other godly stuff. And it's not like "social proof" -- believing good things that other people tell you about somebody. A not inconsiderable number of people seem to believe it of the Duggars just because the Duggars say it. WTF???

• Love 8
23 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Oh, that video.  Poor Jordyn could not look less interested in her own "special" day.  For an 8 year old to not look affectionately at her Mom giving a speech at her birthday party indicates a huge disconnect to me.  What is going to become of these poor, lost children?

That's not Jordyn's mother. She doesn't know these people that took her to lunch.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

That's not Jordyn's mother. She doesn't know these people that took her to lunch.  

I thought it was sad how nobody was even paying attention while Michelle was doing her fake spiel about little Jordyn's attributes. I've never seen a small child look so miserable at their own birthday party. 

• Love 9
On 23 December 2016 at 9:54 AM, Churchhoney said:

What I find especially interesting (and horrifying), though, is that while it makes them look foolish to you and me, a heckuva lot of people seem to actually fall for it.

I'm always amazed at the way somebody's personal PR can apparently convince a lot of people, even when the facts clearly (to me) run utterly contrary to that PR. And that's absolutely happened with the Duggars and this servant stuff and other godly stuff. And it's not like "social proof" -- believing good things that other people tell you about somebody. A not inconsiderable number of people seem to believe it of the Duggars just because the Duggars say it. WTF???

I know. Every damn time I go down the Duggar rabbit hole, I end up with my eyes darting around wildly as the Twilight Zone theme plays.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm going to imagine that those girls are playing with light sabres to honor Carrie Fisher, a woman that I wish they knew had existed. 

And I wish one of them would break a light sabre and ram it up Jim Bob's ass.

That could be a kind of tribute to Princess Leia too. The Empire Gets Reamed.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And I wish one of them would break a light sabre and ram it up Jim Bob's ass.

That could be a kind of tribute to Princess Leia too. The Empire Gets Reamed.

Meh, the more Jim Bob tightens his grasp, the more the kids will slip through his fingers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Meh, the more Jim Bob tightens his grasp, the more the kids will slip through his fingers.

I don't know or care about that one way or another, actually. I'm just looking for retribution in all ways possible. lol

On the other hand, I don't necessarily have a lot of confidence in the slipping away. He's held them damn tight for decades and not a single one has slipped. If anything, I think his grip is greatly loosening. I think he's old and worn out and lacks some of the resources he once had that made it easier for him and more desirable for him to hold on madly. So I can't see him really being capable of (or maybe even so keenly interested in) tightening any more. Now, I'll bet, he just wants money, one way or another. .... Anyway, my point being -- not a single damned one of his kids slipped away when he was holding on tightly. So I'm not sure the logic of that holds. .... From here on out, I expect they will gradually slip away. But I think it'll be more because the parental hold is slipping and -- especially -- the gravy train will be slowly slowly slowly slowing down. ... Of course, where they'll all go with zero education, no experience of the world, little intelligence or gumption and adanced agoraphobia is another question.

On 12/24/2016 at 3:25 PM, ginger90 said:

That's the first I recall Michelle saying "I love you" to one of her children on film.

They must be getting really desperate now.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3