Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, now we know who's back at the TTH cooking for Thanksgiving.

Poor kid.  Michelle no doubt will be expecting to have someone else cook and serve dinner tomorrow.

• Love 2
On 11/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, leighdear said:

I think if I was 11 years old and lived in a house where I rarely had any positive reinforcement, I'd be kinda flattered to have my brother-in-law compliment my efforts at making something fancy to eat.  Even if it wasn't technically "baking", I doubt I'd snark at him.  Obviously, YMMV. 

I think Jordyn did a nice job on the dessert, and yes it was kind of Jeremy to acknowledge her effort. I could see a child that age wanting to prepare something for a holiday meal and taking pride in it. Also how will kids learn if they are never given a chance to practice?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well that's at least 4 pies - I expect they will have a big gathering tomorrow.

It looks like the tally might be 6, now. 3 apple, 2 pumpkin, and 1 pecan. 

Jenni might be the first Duggar to actually put her hair up before preparing food. Also, it looks like she has a smart watch.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

When don't they have a big gathering? Non-family members included, no masks. 🙄

And they wrote thanksgiving will look different this year. How would it be different for them I wonder?  Maybe eating some real homemade food?  They sure as heck aren’t limiting their travel or group gatherings. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

I'm trying to figure out what that even is supposed to be. Only thing I can think of is the most anemic deviled eggs ever seen.

I am puzzled, too, but I think you're right. It looks like . . . chickenshit from dying birds. 

• LOL 9

Amy's menu below. I guess they're colorless watered down deviled eggs. yuck

amyrachelleking 

What's on the menu:
Brown sugar ham with a honey basamic glaze
Broccoli in a light cream sauce
Homestyle mac and cheese
Herbed mashed potatoes
French onion stuffing
Deviled eggs
Vanilla Honey butter and rolls

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm trying to figure out what that even is supposed to be. Only thing I can think of is the most anemic deviled eggs ever seen.

At first I thought it was gravy and biscuits, but I think you’re right.  They’re the nastiest-looking deviled eggs that I’ve seen in 60 years.  It takes some skill to screw up deviled eggs that badly. 🤢

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I think the eggs themselves were fine, but then she added some kind of weird, beige sauce on top of them.

Jordyn's reaction to the fountain pen is akin to all of our reactions to Jeremy... Someone on Reddit did a recap of the Jeremy/ Jordyn podcast, and apparently she was kind of sassy with him, so go Jordyn!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think the eggs themselves were fine, but then she added some kind of weird, beige sauce on top of them.

Jordyn's reaction to the fountain pen is akin to all of our reactions to Jeremy... Someone on Reddit did a recap of the Jeremy/ Jordyn podcast, and apparently she was kind of sassy with him, so go Jordyn!

Agreed.  Give that RFP all kinds of snark, Jordyn!  Him and his fountain pen fetish...

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

They are Amy’s. but based on the picture I thought it was Jill’s famous beige cooking

They look like eggs filled with cream of mushroom soup. I can see why, at first glance, you'd think they were Jill's.

• LOL 8

The other unappetizing problem with Amy's eggs is the filling looks kind of runny.

Maybe she did put a white gravy or sauce on top. When I make deviled eggs I make half the normal way (mayo & mustard) and half with mayo and a shot of sriracha sauce. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They're still trying to unload those crappy CD's?! I wonder how many cases are collecting dust in their storage unit?

They ran this exact same ad last December, offering these "stocking stuffers" at a "special discount". Obviously, they're not moving.

It seems that with this and all their other marketing ventures scams, the leghumpers will post glowing tributes to the Duggars online, but aren't so quick to reach into their wallets.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 12/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would consider buying that CD for shits and giggles, but no way am I giving the Duggars my credit card info or my address.

You don't have to buy it, it's on Youtube. It will definitely give you shits and giggles!

The leghumpers over on the Duggars Facebook page are falling all over themselves praising this dreck. But very few of them actually seem to be sending the Duggars money for it. Instead, they're all pointing each other to Youtube where they can hear it for free. I'm sure this was NOT what Jim Bob intended.

One of the leghumpers had a rare moment of honesty and admitted that she wanted to love the CD, but couldn't understand a word the girls were singing (she's right, they're a bunch of mush mouths).  She got ripped a new one for that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

The leghumpers over on the Duggars Facebook page are falling all over themselves praising this dreck. But very few of them actually seem to be sending the Duggars money for it. Instead, they're all pointing each other to Youtube where they can hear it for free. I'm sure this was NOT what Jim Bob intended.

Buy used and save the difference! 🤣

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
On 11/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, MunichNark said:

That poor child deserves any positive attention she can get. Now go and include Jennifer, who hasn't been known to smile for the last 10 years and give her some love also

The super-ironic words of the "Happy Heart" song by the Lost Girls, who've produced, total, maybe half a dozen sincere-looking smiles throughout..um...their entire lifetimes, as far as I remember.....(And Duggar males don't look all that smiley either. Including when they're singing about Jesus.)

Intro spoken by some woman: "Laughter is contagious. So is joy. 

True joy is not a result of what happens to us but because of Jesus who lives in us. 

One of the fruits of a right relationship with God is joy. 

When Jesus lives in your heart, you have something to smile about."

Lyric, from the girls: "I just have a happy heart because of Jesus. 

I just have a happy heart because I love Him."

Sure, Jan. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The super-ironic words of the "Happy Heart" song by the Lost Girls, who've produced, total, maybe half a dozen sincere-looking smiles throughout..um...their entire lifetimes, as far as I remember.....(And Duggar males don't look all that smiley either. Including when they're singing about Jesus.)

Intro spoken by some woman: "Laughter is contagious. So is joy. 

True joy is not a result of what happens to us but because of Jesus who lives in us. 

One of the fruits of a right relationship with God is joy. 

When Jesus lives in your heart, you have something to smile about."

Lyric, from the girls: "I just have a happy heart because of Jesus. 

I just have a happy heart because I love Him."

Sure, Jan. 

That's Michelle doing the intro.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That's Michelle doing the intro.

I thought it might be. Her voice does seem to lack affect and not really have the proper intonation and rhythm for what she's saying.  But I had a hard time getting my brain around her doing it without stumbling or lapsing into baby voice. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

No, she used her raspy voice. Michelle wouldn't know her real voice if talked to her.

Michelle to her own voice: "Are you the Jason they keep telling me about?" 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Let’s hope Josie has stopped licking everything around her, and that her neglectful parents have sought help for any issues due to her micro premie birth. There’s no way she’s perfectly fine with her birth circumstances. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

851AB068-5A58-41B3-A2A3-334CDE38986C.jpeg

80074D0A-7791-4017-89FC-7EBAFD883391.jpeg

Part of this sounds like a eulogy.

And ...Mullet , step away from the seafarin' jewelry....you don't live anywhere near the ocean, and if you did, you'd be swimming in the outfit you're wearing in that pic.

Is Josie now wearing Jackson's hand-me-downs?

• LOL 9

Josie's teeth have really straightened out a lot all by themselves since they filled in. I've always thought that she was going to grow into an exceptionally pretty girl, and I do still think she will. Maybe it's due to her being a bit spoiled in her early years, but she also seems to have a lot more sparkle to her which has not been trained out. From the old photos I've seen, she seems to have a lot of Michelle's looks, and that "cheerleader" energy which made young Michelle really quite strikingly attractive.

• Love 7