Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I must be missing something. How he is making a passive aggressive dig at her cooking? I am not surprise if he is doing it, but I think she can be just as passive aggressive towards him and others.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The boys on the other hand look sickly- I think it’s a combination of balding, bad diet and unhappiness (happy people tend to look more attractive). 

Evidently Jeremiah (Sinner Twin) and Justin are pretty happy right now. 

8 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I always read that post of Derrick's as a passive agressive dig at Jill's cooking as well as her intelligence. He's being sarky as hell IMO but he's assuming it'll fly straight over Jill's head. It fits right in with the tweeting pattern he's established over the years; smug and offensive but always phrased so he can weasel himself out of it if called out. I'm sure he thinks he's being very clever.

I can see this. Just like when Jeremy listed only Zeus on CO, I felt like he was playing dumb, rather than not genuinely knowing.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Bridget said:

Speaking of weight and the sisters, am I the only one who remembers the episode when Boob, MEchelle and Jana all joined Weight Watchers?

I remember the episode in particular because Michelle was blabbing about how Jana wanted to lose weight, so she invited her to try WW, like MEchelle was a freakin meeting leader or something. Oh my God, can you even imagine?!?!

It was at the same time that Boob was trying to drop some major pounds via WW as well. I was shocked that Boob joined a program that does allow for flexibility, but portion size is key! The poster child for instant gratification, I think he lasted a few days before he gave up. 

Jana clearly steers far away from what’s served daily at the TTH. It looks like she’s lost even more weight as she’s gotten older, plus her non-stop GoGo Gadget projects probably keep her metabolism steady. I thought she looked fine to begin with, but if she’s happier weighing less, who am I to judge? (I can still judge her because she doesn’t know the word “dilute” though!) 

I swear it was in the same episode that I recall hearing MEchelle say that WW was her “go to plan” to lose weight after she delivered her *blessing(s). I kept hoping WW would sue the D-bags for bad publicity, but they didn’t. 

*The Sinner Twin, Jeremiah, is so handsome!

What’s the story behind “Sinner Twin”?  Why is he called that?

• Love 2

Not that I'm a super foodie or anything, but a quick and tasty pizza can be made using garlic naan as a pizza crust.  I'm really surprised by the recipes that Jill has been posting.  I know that her cooking has been influenced by growing up in a huge family that didn't have a lot of money at times, but eating canned this and canned that can't be good for you.  The sodium that they eat in a day must be through the roof.  I know you can get low sodium canned products, like tomatoes and tomato sauce for example.  I just shake my head.  Why not go to the thrift store and buy a cookbook? 

• Love 6

I recall the Weight Watchers episode as Jana and Michelle bringing Jim Bob with them. He asked for a discount from what I recall. I do believe both Jana and Michelle did the weigh-in. Perhaps they were each other’s partner?

Michelle has stated that she had an eating disorder. I didn’t think you could join with that history?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I recall the Weight Watchers episode as Jana and Michelle bringing Jim Bob with them. He asked for a discount from what I recall. I do believe both Jana and Michelle did the weigh-in. Perhaps they were each other’s partner?

Michelle has stated that she had an eating disorder. I didn’t think you could join with that history?

I didn't see the episode, wasn't watching then.  It figures Mr. Cheap-Ass would ask for a discount. 

I don't remember whether I was asked about having had an eating disorder, when I joined.  It sounds plausible.

In addition to a diploma, Derick was 1 of 6 who received a certificate of license, which means he’s on his way to becoming a minister . No clue what church, or where he’s going next.

BF2E240B-74C5-4FE0-8F12-D3071DC111E9.png

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In addition to a diploma, Derick was 1 of 6 who received a certificate of license, which means he’s on his way to becoming a minister . No clue what church, or where he’s going next.

1. Why is Jill up there?

2. I could print a certificate of license for my 4 year old to be a minister that would be just as valid as that. 

3. Why is Jill up there?

4. His arrogance is going to be off the charts. 

5. Why is Jill up there?

• Love 22

I give Jill credit for trying, and I like the neckline and the fact that it's sleeveless, but I just hate that dress on her. So frumpy! She would look better in one of Jessa's Old Navy swing dresses. I mean, she gave Jinger one for the People photo shoot. Help a sister out, Jessa!

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Trillium said:

1. Why is Jill up there?

2. I could print a certificate of license for my 4 year old to be a minister that would be just as valid as that. 

3. Why is Jill up there?

4. His arrogance is going to be off the charts. 

5. Why is Jill up there?

6. Either that dress is really big or she's pregnant. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

What? How did he merit a license? And license to do what? I hope it carries more weight than Jill's. And we don't need to ask if he's licensed because we can see it. ;)

• Love 4

I think that's just an unflattering dress. When you have significant boobage it can often cause loose material below your bustline to billow out, making your stomach area look bigger than it really is. 

I give Jill credit because at least she's trying to look appropriate for dressier events, as opposed to Jessa who's surrendered to the frump, she just needs to find what works best for her figure. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think that's just an unflattering dress. When you have significant boobage it can often cause loose material below your bustline to billow out, making your stomach area look bigger than it really is. 

I give Jill credit because at least she's trying to look appropriate for dressier events, as opposed to Jessa who's surrendered to the frump, she just needs to find what works best for her figure. 

Excuse my language but ...  my daughter calls those tit curtains or tit tents.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I always read that post of Derrick's as a passive agressive dig at Jill's cooking as well as her intelligence. He's being sarky as hell IMO but he's assuming it'll fly straight over Jill's head. It fits right in with the tweeting pattern he's established over the years; smug and offensive but always phrased so he can weasel himself out of it if called out. I'm sure he thinks he's being very clever.

I missed this.  What did his post say?  IG, Twitter, the blog?  

23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I have to play that balancing game all the time...I'm an apple shape, about 40-50 lb over what I would like to be, but also have somewhat substantial boobs (about 42 C), and a lower belly which is, more and more, submitting to gravity. I can't get away with something form-fitting as my middle is almost as big as my boobs, but if I wear something which swings past all the problem areas, it ends up looking like a tent - and my legs & hips are still relatively slim. It's hard to find find flattering clothes. Mostly I rely on shortish tunics and sort of fit & flare dresses with slightly high, but not quite empire style waistlines.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I missed this.  What did his post say?  IG, Twitter, the blog?  

I think the other posters are referring to a dinner Jill left Derick when she was going out for the night. He posted how healthy it was, yet it was a heart-attack-waiting-to-happen in a casserole dish.

No one is sure if Derick really thought it was healthy or if the post was a dig.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

Cross Church gave Derick a 'license into the gospel ministry.'  (You, too, can buy one on Amazon for less than $10.)  According to Derick's minister, this means that Cross Church "confirms and verifies" that God personally called Derick to the ministry.  Exactly how God called Derick and how this was confirmed and verified remains a secret.

Licensing is not to be confused with ordination.  "And then, following a proven time period, spiritually, personally and professionally, the minister goes through an ordination counsel and then is formally ordained."

Counting On.png

Counting On 3.jpg

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the other posters are referring to a dinner Jill left Derick when she was going out for the night. He posted how healthy it was, yet it was a heart-attack-waiting-to-happen in a casserole dish.

No one is sure if Derick really thought it was healthy or if the post was a dig.

Maybe Jill is secretly trying to bump off Deredick by feeding him barf in a bag food.

Reminds me of the time my husband was on dialysis. He told one of the dialysis unit nurses he had a bad stomach ache. She thought it might have been food poisoning from the spaghetti sauce I made for dinner the night before. I was like really because I ate the sauce too, and I felt fine. My husband loves my spaghetti sauce, but I cannot eat it due to the Acid Reflux Disease. I might be brave one night and make it again, and eat a little bit of it.

Edited by bigskygirl

Guess which 2 has the fugliest shoes on stage?

That matronly dress accentuates the toll having 2 kids has had on Jilly's body because she doesn't wear a supportive bra or knows how to dress herself.

You can just photoshop Chelle's head on Jilly's frumpy dumpy body...

• Love 5
11 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I didn't see the episode, wasn't watching then.  It figures Mr. Cheap-Ass would ask for a discount. 

I don't remember whether I was asked about having had an eating disorder, when I joined.  It sounds plausible.

The meeting leaders/receptionists definitely won’t let anyone participate in the meetings if they’re “abusing WW” and get too thin. I don’t know how they monitor a person who stops going to meetings if a memeber does have an eating disorder and get too thin. Anyone can use it online.

However, because it’s a program designed for slow & steady weight loss, I’d bet that it doesn’t appeal as a method to those who want to drop pounds quickly or those who keep wanting to “just lose another 5lbs” even after they hit their goal weight. As many people know, those last 5-10lbs are the hardest ones to take and keep off. 

I’m not saying program abuse doesn’t happen, but the people I’ve met who participate in WW (at meetings or other random places) often talk about food in a very healthy context. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sooooo, no law school?

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I can only imagine what the two women on stage next to Jill are thinking.

"Why is Jill up here?"

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

Cross Church gave Derick a 'license into the gospel ministry.'  (You, too, can buy one on Amazon for less than $10.)  According to Derick's minister, this means that Cross Church "confirms and verifies" that God personally called Derick to the ministry.  Exactly how God called Derick and how this was confirmed and verified remains a secret.

Licensing is not to be confused with ordination.  "And then, following a proven time period, spiritually, personally and professionally, the minister goes through an ordination counsel and then is formally ordained."

Counting On.png

Counting On 3.jpg

Wow! God himself certifies this?

• Love 19
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I must be missing something. How he is making a passive aggressive dig at her cooking? I am not surprise if he is doing it, but I think she can be just as passive aggressive towards him and others.

It's possible that he genuinely thinks this is a healthy, delicious looking meal and good nutrition, but since it's clearly not and I don't think he's that much of an ignoramus, I'm thinking he's poking fun at it ("almost all four food groups!") and Jill. But since he's a little chickenshit he can't just come out and say it's unhealthy slop so he says the opposite but in a really fake-enthusiastic, sarcastic sort of manner. That way he can get it off his chest and also feel terribly clever because Jill and all the other peasants are too dumb to understand his rapier wit. And should someone call him out he can play the innocent, deny any sarcasm and claim that he meant every word. Totally.

At least that's my take, but I admit I'm a little biased against Derrick lol.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

"Why is Jill up here?"

I think the other women are all wives like Jill. Would Cross Church permit women to participate in this program along with men on a path to eventual ordination? I don't know if Cross Church allows women to be ministers, but it doesn't seem likely. Anybody else have more info on this? It looks to me like the men receiving "licenses" or "diplomas" are standing on the right and their wives are off to the left. Jill, of course, has maneuvered herself as close to the action as she can, so she can cling to Derick. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.png

Counting On 3.jpg

Thanks for the info, @Mollie.  I was ready to believe, last week, that Derick - who I really dislike - didn't graduate from this program. But now that I see he's gotten his diploma and Genuine Certificate of License for the Gospel Ministry, I'm surprisingly relieved. I'm relieved because at least he completed this program, after what looks like several years of abandoned/unsuccessful endeavors. He quit Walmart abruptly, in order to go to Central America for mission activities which were maybe Dillard Family Ministries, except they were working for SOS Ministries really, and we all saw what a mess that looked like.

Then, after all the traumas and dangers of Central America which apparently their faith and Jesus weren't strong enough to handle, the Dillards fetched up in Arkansas again. Where Derick managed to get into a pissing match with TLC, so that he and Jill are off the show. Which is extraordinary when you think about it. The Duggars and their in-laws are a really big bunch of super fundamental Christians. We know that Michelle campaigned against an equal rights ordinance that would have protected LBGTQ folks. And JB ain't shy about running his mouth about his beliefs. But somehow, out of ALL those adult Duggars and in-laws? Even though they hold conservative (to put it mildly) religious and political beliefs, none of them launched a public attack on any person featured on a TLC show - until Derick. The rest have managed to STFU and keep getting those checks and being on the show, and apparently don't think that Jesus disapproves of that.

We've heard that Derick's gripe with TLC may be rooted in the network's refusal to pay medical bills for either Izzy's or Sammy's birth, but however it started, Derick took it public and ugly. 

IMO the boy ain't all that stable. It's a relief that he completed this program, although it has, as has been linked somewhere above, been described by one religious blogger as paying $12,000 to be an intern for a year. 

It will be interesting to see where he goes next. 

Based on some of Jill's SM posts about having dinner(s) with students of other faiths, I think that Derick's year of "schooling" at Cross Church must have included some activities in which the student's spouse participated. I assume that if the course is intended to get the student ready for the ministry, there will be some attention paid to the student's spouse and how prepared the spouse will be for their role as helpmeet to the minister. I doubt that Jill would have, on her own, reached out to Muslims, Sikhs, or people of other faiths. I give her credit for going with the program on that. I think Jessa would be incredibly uncomfortable in that situation, and I doubt that Ben's studies at Moody have involved any hands-on activities that involve the student's spouse. Jessa's been pretty much in her comfort zone all this time. I don't think Jill's the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can see her being friendly and pleasant to a roomful of women in hijabs, much more so than Jessa.

I still don't like Derick and I wonder if he'll ever settle down.

@Albanyguy, about the photo and Jill's standing next to Derick. I think that as each graduate's name was called, they stepped up and were joined by their spouse to receive their diplomas/licenses. Which was a nice photo opp for the grads' loved ones to snap. It looks like the man next to Derick is holding a stack of those certificates so there were several yet to be awarded. The Dillards probably stepped back into the group as the next grad's name was called. If it was done in alphabetical order, Derick's name would have been called early in the process.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What’s the story behind “Sinner Twin”?  Why is he called that?

He was sent to ALERT camp when he was 16, and the other twin wasn’t, so we figure he did something ALERTable. 

• Love 11
On 8/5/2018 at 12:16 AM, DangerousMinds said:

I agree, I was shocked to read someone thought Joy was overweight.

Well, I was the someone who posted that. I’m sorry if I offended or shocked anyone by my comments. JMO. :)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.png

Counting On 3.jpg

Do you think they make a version of this certificate with different pronouns, or does God only certify men for this sort of thing?

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

The meeting leaders/receptionists definitely won’t let anyone participate in the meetings if they’re “abusing WW” and get too thin. I don’t know how they monitor a person who stops going to meetings if a memeber does have an eating disorder and get too thin. Anyone can use it online.

However, because it’s a program designed for slow & steady weight loss, I’d bet that it doesn’t appeal as a method to those who want to drop pounds quickly or those who keep wanting to “just lose another 5lbs” even after they hit their goal weight. As many people know, those last 5-10lbs are the hardest ones to take and keep off. 

I’m not saying program abuse doesn’t happen, but the people I’ve met who participate in WW (at meetings or other random places) often talk about food in a very healthy context. 

I'm a recent convert to WW and I love it.  I don't know how anyone could really follow their plan and cook the slop that the Duggars eat.  They've really taught me a lot about nutrition and I eat healthier than I ever have thanks to them.  Plus, they have some wonderful recipes.  No cream of glop!!!

• Love 9

That harlot standing next to Jilly Muffin with her knees bared is NOT a Godly example of a good wife.  Hopefully her strumpet cooties won't rub off on the Dullards.

5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

It's a relief that he completed this program, although it has, as has been linked somewhere above, been described by one religious blogger as paying $12,000 to be an intern for a year. 

I was actually hoping he would flame out in spectacular fashion. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, leighdear said:

That harlot standing next to Jilly Muffin with her knees bared is NOT a Godly example of a good wife.  Hopefully her strumpet cooties won't rub off on the Dullards.

I want to like your post more than once for the phrase "strumpet cooties" alone.

• Love 21
20 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.png

Counting On 3.jpg

So they verified this with God? How does one go about doing this? Email, Twitter, certified letter? Also, I thought he was going to law school?

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 14
25 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

So they verified this with God? How does one go about doing this? Email, Twitter, certified letter? Also, I thought he was going to law school?

UofA classes don't start until the 20th. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Since he believes he is one with God 24/7, he probably looks up at the sky and thinks God is right there waiting for him.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:04 PM, Barb23 said:

I forgot about them losing their housing. Where will they go?  

Jill has to remember what is was like living in the McMansion as well as their stint in the Pool House. I know shes not much into material things but leaving such nice houses to be living basically on the street has got to mean something to her.  

ETA:  I haven't eaten too many beans in my life but after all this talk, I think I may start. Plus with my health I need all the nutrients I can get.  Putting them in taco meat is a good idea. 

I put them in my taco meat as well as mushrooms since they are meaty.  This didn't start out as a way to get more nutrients but as a way to stretch the pathetic amount of beef I had the 1st time I did it.  We eat a ton of beans at my house.  As in daily.  

I think one of the things that is turning people off from her pic is the flaccid turkey bacon floating around in it.  It looks really unappetizing to me at least.  

On 8/3/2018 at 6:59 AM, cdp73 said:

Well, it should.  After all, between the filling and the cheese sauce, she's used FOUR cans of cream of chicken soup.  GAG!!!

Well maybe JB and Meechele wanted to keep the kids constipated.  I mean tp CAN get expensive when you have that many people around.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, Schnickelfritz said:

Undoubtedly she means condensed milk. Can't live without that added sugar that brings absolutely nothing to the meal. The ingredient choices boggle the mind!

I would guess evaporated milk.  SEE Jill??!!  This is why you need to be more specific.  What gets me besides the canned chicken is why do you even need a cheese sauce?  Throw some freaking cheese on these and call it a day (ok, you put the cheese inside the torts pre rolling but you also put on top before baking).  There are also not enough chiles but that is coming from someone who can never have too much.  The only thing canned I use when making enchilada's is the sauce (I like red and green) and chiles cause I am lazy like that. 

On 8/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, Fosca said:

It's Friday, I'm bored, and the boss isn't looking, so I looked up the nutritional information for all the ingredients of that slop.  Here is the nutritional info per serving (1/20 of the total)--though I suspect they would make a couple of pans of the things, as one 8-inch tortilla's worth isn't that much and males in particular would probably eat several (I put the FDA recommended values in parenthesis):

Calories:  381 (2000 calories)

Total Fat:    18 grams (<65 grams)

Saturated Fat:  8 grams (<20 grams)

Cholesterol:    41 mg (<300 mg)

Sodium:    846 mg (<2300 mg)

I didn't do carbohydrates, but needless to say I suspect they're high too.

My guess is there is almost no fiber as well.  On average, regular flour torts have 1 gram.  Yep, they are constipated.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, queenanne said:

I think we know now why the one kidlet was freaking out, lol.

Is Anna pregnant again?  I thought I spied a glimpse of her and she seemed a bit more full in the midsection.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:11 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

My go-to cook book was the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book circa 1975.  The book with the red plaid cover.  I picked up a more recent edition when it was super cheap on Amazon a few years ago because it had updated recipes and new-fangled gadgets like microwaves.  But I find that I still go back to my old one when I want basic info like what temperature to roast that particular cut of meat, etc.  

The thing I don't understand about Jill's recipes (aside from what's already been mentioned here) is that she's almost always posting recipes that serve 20 when she's only cooking for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby.  They don't seem to be attending any potluck dinners where she needs to bring an industrial-sized pan of anything.  (And no, I wouldn't volunteer  to try her food if she did.) 

YES!  I got mine for my wedding in 1991.  I still pull it out for some things.  I also have my mom's older edition.  I personally think its the best beginner/standard, non fussy cookbook.  

• Love 6
On 8/4/2018 at 9:16 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I agree, I was shocked to read someone thought Joy was overweight.

Big boobs make you look heavier than you are plus isn't she pretty short?  I think she has a curvier figure but I don't think she is heavy.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, Bridget said:

Speaking of weight and the sisters, am I the only one who remembers the episode when Boob, MEchelle and Jana all joined Weight Watchers?

I remember the episode in particular because Michelle was blabbing about how Jana wanted to lose weight, so she invited her to try WW, like MEchelle was a freakin meeting leader or something. Oh my God, can you even imagine?!?!

It was at the same time that Boob was trying to drop some major pounds via WW as well. I was shocked that Boob joined a program that does allow for flexibility, but portion size is key! The poster child for instant gratification, I think he lasted a few days before he gave up. 

Jana clearly steers far away from what’s served daily at the TTH. It looks like she’s lost even more weight as she’s gotten older, plus her non-stop GoGo Gadget projects probably keep her metabolism steady. I thought she looked fine to begin with, but if she’s happier weighing less, who am I to judge? (I can still judge her because she doesn’t know the word “dilute” though!) 

I swear it was in the same episode that I recall hearing MEchelle say that WW was her “go to plan” to lose weight after she delivered her *blessing(s). I kept hoping WW would sue the D-bags for bad publicity, but they didn’t. 

*The Sinner Twin, Jeremiah, is so handsome!

I remember.  Frankly I thought they just had her join so she knew how to cook for her parents who did need to drop some weight.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I think the other women are all wives like Jill. Would Cross Church permit women to participate in this program along with men on a path to eventual ordination? I don't know if Cross Church allows women to be ministers, but it doesn't seem likely. Anybody else have more info on this? It looks to me like the men receiving "licenses" or "diplomas" are standing on the right and their wives are off to the left. Jill, of course, has maneuvered herself as close to the action as she can, so she can cling to Derick. 

I was also going to ask if Cross is an all-male ministry training program. 

@Natalie68 the phrase “flaccid turkey bacon” brings up such an attractive mental picture!  Thank you for that!  ?

• Love 5