Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What the hell Derick? Piece of shit.

4 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

What the hell Derick? Piece of shit.

What happened to love the sinner crap? Or being able to disagree but still having a relationship? So I think shoving people over a wall pretty much negates a relationship you asshole.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 2

I have to say I wish Urban Dictionary would just die. It’s completely offensive and in most instances, flat out wrong. The entries are made up by people who are obviously not even members of the culture(s) from whence these words derive. The term, “wifey” was popularized nearly 20 years ago by the R&B group, Next. 

You never try me 
Always stood right by me 
Make living lively 
Highly spoken of 
My only love 
The only one, you're my wifey

Back then, it was used by black kids in my then age group (late teens, early 20s) as a word to define a girlfriend that a guy was serious about. No different than “my main squeeze” or whatever. If the Duggars/Dillards are using slang, it is most likely decades old. Even their slang is consignment.

• Love 9

I have seen many people around Jill and Derick's age that have co-opted the term wifey. A quick search on Etsy shows many tee shirt options.   It's just another example of black slang going mainstream.  Since the Dullards are now using it, it must be almost ready to be retired. 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have seen many people around Jill and Derick's age that have co-opted the term wifey. A quick search on Etsy shows many tee shirt options.   It's just another example of black slang going mainstream.  Since the Dullards are now using it, it must be almost ready to be retired. 

Yeah there were “Wifey” and “Hubby” mugs at Target. I took a picture of it and sent it to my husband and joked that I was buying them for us.  LOL

It’s now more used as a lame cutesy pet name, up there with BAE. All three terms get massive eye rolls from me, even if I like the person using it. 

• Love 6

Evangelical Christianity held by most of the country? I don't think so.

White evangelical Protestants are in decline—along with white mainline Protestants and white Catholics. White evangelical Protestants were once thought to be bucking a longer trend, but over the past decade their numbers have dropped substantially. Fewer than one in five (17%) Americans are white evangelical Protestant, but they accounted for nearly one-quarter (23%) in 2006. Over the same period, white Catholics dropped five percentage points from 16% to 11%, as have white mainline Protestants, from 18% to 13%.

America’s Changing Religious Identity

The whole article is very interesting.

• Love 20

Derick is deluded if he thinks that most of the country consists of evangelical Christians. That being said, the other posters, even if I fundamentally agree with them and fundamentally disagree with Derick, need to work on their approach. It doesn't surprise me at all the way Derick responded to them.  For example, the poster talking about Izzy and Sam having the same opportunities. The post was not fleshed out enough (granted, this is Twitter) to convey that Derick had more opportunities as a public school student that Jill had as a homeschool student taught via ATI. The way it reads it could be the "same opportunity" through Duggar homeschooling because it doesn't mention Derick's public schooling at all. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, awaken said:

Exactly!  I had just read that article before I saw his stupid comment!  He’s deluded by his “nonpartisan” news sources!

He's bringing "echo chamber" to new levels.

I'm not surprised he would be super pro-Wall. Got to  keep those evil Catholics out of the US!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I have to say I wish Urban Dictionary would just die. It’s completely offensive and in most instances, flat out wrong. The entries are made up by people who are obviously not even members of the culture(s) from whence these words derive. The term, “wifey” was popularized nearly 20 years ago by the R&B group, Next. 

Back then, it was used by black kids in my then age group (late teens, early 20s) as a word to define a girlfriend that a guy was serious about. No different than “my main squeeze” or whatever. If the Duggars/Dillards are using slang, it is most likely decades old. Even their slang is consignment.

"Wifey" as a term is older than 20 years; 40 years ago, Judy Blume published a best-selling novel called "Wifey", and the term has been used at least as far back as the 1950's.

Not that this makes it a good term; I'd not want to be called that with any sort of seriousness--as a joke, maybe.  I don't think Derrick and/or Jill means it as a joke.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Fosca said:

"Wifey" as a term is older than 20 years; 40 years ago, Judy Blume published a best-selling novel called "Wifey", and the term has been used at least as far back as the 1950's.

Not that this makes it a good term; I'd not want to be called that with any sort of seriousness--as a joke, maybe.  I don't think Derrick and/or Jill means it as a joke.

I’ve seen it on at least one blingy bachelorette party tracksuit hoodie.  I also tried to preach the last time it came up that it is hip and now because I have see more than one picture of women wearing them, but I guess it didn’t take :)

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=cG78WouCAoekzwKR0q-ABw&q=hubby+and+wifey+hoodies&oq=wifey+hoodie&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.2.0j0i30j0i5i30j0i24.3327.6237..9445...1....104.700.12j1......0....1.......0..0i8i30.hypOkrT35cc%3D

1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

He's bringing "echo chamber" to new levels.

I'm not surprised he would be super pro-Wall. Got to  keep those evil Catholics out of the US!

Derelict is being super hypocritical considering it is fine for him and Jill to go out of the US to foreign countries.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Wifey" as a term is older than 20 years; 40 years ago, Judy Blume published a best-selling novel called "Wifey", and the term has been used at least as far back as the 1950's.

Yes, I said Next popularized the term as it’s known today. I know they didn’t create the word. My peers started using it because of the hit song, “Wifey.” They most definitely were not reading Judy Blume books. Maybe Derick was and that’s where he got it from.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Derelict is being super hypocritical considering it is fine for him and Jill to go out of the US to foreign countries.

Yeah, but they're bringing the CORRECT Jesus. .... Thus, all Duggars and Duggar adjacents have a license -- from the CORRECT GOD -- to go wherever they like. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Yes, makes no sense.  So they can happily fly in and out of other countries and press their way of life and beliefs on others, but he thinks the US should build a wall to keep out "undesirables".  Hmm.  As far as I can recall, Jesus was all about letting in the undesirables and make it a point to prioritize hanging out with them.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Wow.  Derick really responded to the tweets this time.  He must be enjoying the attention. 

I have a question...where do you suppose is he when he's responding to all these tweets from complete strangers?  He has two small boys.  He doesn't have a job.  I picture him settin' on the couch with his feet up, snerking to himself with a self-congratulatory smirk as he composes his oh-so-deep responses, and then calling out to Jill: "Hey, wifey!  Listen to THIS one!  And here's what I'm going to tweet back!  Harharhar...oh, hey - here's another!  Hahaha listen to this, I crack myself up...hey, bring me another iced tea --" while Jill changes a diaper or throws together some tater tot casserole or admonishes Iz not to bother Daddy while he's working.  /end rant

Actually, no...WTF does "you just sang the song of our story" even mean?  

What a moron.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21

Well his Wall tweet has already hit both the Daily Mail and InTouch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5732689/Jill-Duggars-husband-Derick-Dillar-causes-controversy-Trump-border-wall-photo-son.html

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/derick-dillard-trump-wall-160030

I'm sure JimBoob is currently having an aneurysm.  When is Jessa going to start posting photos on her instagram account in her - Look over here!  Ignore him!!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have a question...where do you suppose is he when he's responding to all these tweets from complete strangers?  He has two small boys.  He doesn't have a job.  I picture him settin' on the couch with his feet up, snerking to himself with a self-congratulatory smirk as he composes his oh-so-deep responses, and then calling out to Jill: "Hey, wifey!  Listen to THIS one!  And here's what I'm going to tweet back!  Harharhar...oh, hey - here's another!  Hahaha listen to this, I crack myself up...hey, bring me another iced tea --" while Jill changes a diaper or throws together some tater tot casserole or admonishes Iz not to bother Daddy while he's working.  /end rant

Actually, no...WTF does "you just sang the song of our story" even mean?  

What a moron.

me too, is he sitting on the couch while Jill wrangles the boys?  Posting in between his supposed driving, ministering, and schoolwork?  Posting while at these family gatherings and outings they share with us?  Are he and Jill interacting about it, or is he just doing it of his own accord?  Does she fully agree and support him, or wish he'd tone it down a bit, publically, anyway?  So many questions!  He seems to be on twitter at all times of the day and night, and respond quickly!  

• Love 1

What really scares me about this guy is that I think he honestly believes he is somehow "advancing the kingdom" with his diatribes full of judgment and hatred.  Clearly, he also enjoys the attention, but I think he also believes that he's well on the way to becoming well known as a spokesperson for Christians, or at least those who meet HIS definition of Christians.

I think he genuinely believes it's a part of his job to post his brand of hatred and intolerance and to point out all the sins he sees others committing.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

Well his Wall tweet has already hit both the Daily Mail and InTouch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5732689/Jill-Duggars-husband-Derick-Dillar-causes-controversy-Trump-border-wall-photo-son.html

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/derick-dillard-trump-wall-160030

I'm sure JimBoob is currently having an aneurysm.  When is Jessa going to start posting photos on her instagram account in her - Look over here!  Ignore him!!

Yes, time for Jessa to re-post her boys' baby pictures and the wedding album again!  3, 2, 1...

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder how long before JB muzzles him.  Jessa's photos can only distract for so long before he opens his maw again.

• Love 3

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!!!! The two boys they were soliciting donations for have a mother who's FLUENT in English?!!!! I assumed they were poverty-stricken kids whose mother sold vegetables on the side of the road or something. God, they are the most shameless grifters I have ever seen in my life. They could have collected thousands in donations just for that alone. Wow.

• Love 22
45 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

I wonder how long before JB muzzles him.  Jessa's photos can only distract for so long before he opens his maw again.

What can JB really do though? As it is, it seems they MIGHT get some money from the family pot, but that's about it. They aren't on the show other than some very generic talking heads of Jill when one of her siblings gets married or pops out a baby (and honestly, I have a feeling those are old clips TLC is just deciding to use now to stick it to Derick). Short of him completely cutting Jill and the grandkids off, and we all know Derick would actually drool at the mouth for that to happen, JB is doing all he can. He's not commenting and pretending the mental breakdown isn't happening. He can rage at dumbass all he wants behind the scenes, but he's not going to do anything publically until something turns tragic instead of just ugly. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!!!! The two boys they were soliciting donations for have a mother who's FLUENT in English?!!!! I assumed they were poverty-stricken kids whose mother sold vegetables on the side of the road or something. God, they are the most shameless grifters I have ever seen in my life. They could have collected thousands in donations just for that alone. Wow.

If they actually raised thousands of dollars for the English lessons and didn't use every penny for that specific purpose, they are guilty of fundraising fraud, cybercrime and mail fraud.  Mail fraud is a federal criminal offense. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

WTF does "you just sang the song of our story" even mean?

I know it’s painful, but reach back into the part of your mind where you store unwanted memories and you may recall Derick proposing to Jill after hearing a song written just for them. 

Try skipping ahead to one minute in. They look so much better here. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I know it’s painful, but reach back into the part of your mind where you store unwanted memories and you may recall Derick proposing to Jill after hearing a song written just for them. 

Now we know that Jill was actually stalking Derick when he was in Nepal by brown-nosing his mother back in Arkansas.  She really wanted to marry Derick before they even met. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Now we know that Jill was actually stalking Derick when he was in Nepal by brown-nosing his mother back in Arkansas.  She really wanted to marry Derick before they even met. 

What?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think she meant met in person. Jill met with Cathy several times before she met Derelict in person.

Which I think is creepy.  I would be seriously weirded out if Mr. Natalie had been hanging out with my parents before I even met him in person.  What if upon a real life meeting Jill (or Dickweed) had decided, nope, not my type, doesn't work well in 3D, whatever?  This would cross my personal boundaries big time.  But they are freaks so they do freakish things.  

• Love 14

That TOTALLY explains how it's known that Jill chased Derelict. She was Marriage or Bust.  

I can't imagine doing that to my perspective inlaws. Not to mention, like my SIL, I have absolutely nothing in common with them. Visits with the MIL (FIL passed in '07) continue to be painful 25 years later.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

If they actually raised thousands of dollars for the English lessons and didn't use every penny for that specific purpose, they are guilty of fundraising fraud, cybercrime and mail fraud.  Mail fraud is a federal criminal offense. 

The article posted said they were raising funds for the boys' English schooling, which is probably a private English-language based school. That makes more sense than paying for them to have English lessons.

56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That TOTALLY explains how it's known that Jill chased Derelict. She was Marriage or Bust.  

I can't imagine doing that to my perspective inlaws. Not to mention, like my SIL, I have absolutely nothing in common with them. Visits with the MIL (FIL passed in '07) continue to be painful 25 years later.

ODG. Painful In-law stories I have. Pretty sure why I love wine ? so much. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not to mention, like my SIL, I have absolutely nothing in common with them. Visits with the MIL (FIL passed in '07) continue to be painful 25 years later.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!  I wouldn’t have wanted to spend time with them before marriage, either!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one!  I wouldn’t have wanted to spend time with them before marriage, either!  

DH waited a long time before introducing the ILs to me. He was afraid I'd bolt. Twenty years later, we keep firm boundaries. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

The article posted said they were raising funds for the boys' English schooling, which is probably a private English-language based school. That makes more sense than paying for them to have English lessons.

I don't think so.  There's only one school like that in Antigua and it charges $470 - 715 per month.

I always thought the meetings with Jill and Cathy was Cathy's doing. Like Cathy was not having her son fall in love through Skype so she was checking Jill out. It's a tad creepy either way. And what pressure for Jill to be dating Derick long distance and dating his mother live and in person.

And how weird for them when Derick brought Jill for ice cream for the first time. Jill would be like, I've already done this with your car and your mom.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I always thought the meetings with Jill and Cathy was Cathy's doing. Like Cathy was not having her son fall in love through Skype so she was checking Jill out. It's a tad creepy either way. And what pressure for Jill to be dating Derick long distance and dating his mother live and in person.

And how weird for them when Derick brought Jill for ice cream for the first time. Jill would be like, I've already done this with your car and your mom.

Well, women are chattel to them, so Cathy had to check out the goods before they bought.  If Derwood's dad was alive it would have been him doing the checking, though, but they were left with another lowly little woman.  I also believe if his dad were around, this circus would not be going on.  At least I like to think that.  Of course, he could have been just as crazy as Cathy and Derwood.  Anyway, it seems like these families all meet before a getting to know you or courtship or whatever they want to call it so that they can all size each other up and make sure everyone is sufficiently godly and all that.  I always wonder if they examine the prospective bride's teeth and request a certificate of chastity.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Well, women are chattel to them, so Cathy had to check out the goods before they bought.  If Derwood's dad was alive it would have been him doing the checking, though, but they were left with another lowly little woman.  I also believe if his dad were around, this circus would not be going on.  At least I like to think that.  Of course, he could have been just as crazy as Cathy and Derwood.  Anyway, it seems like these families all meet before a getting to know you or courtship or whatever they want to call it so that they can all size each other up and make sure everyone is sufficiently godly and all that.  I always wonder if they examine the prospective bride's teeth and request a certificate of chastity.

Reminds me of Designing Women when Charlene was getting ready to meet Bill's family after they got engaged. Suzanne brought up the fact about Princess Diana was a virgin. She said they wanted proof so Queen Elizabeth had her go to the royal gynecologist to be checked and stamped with approval.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill probably knew Cathy better than she did Derick before marrying him.

So Jill was alone (repeatedly) with her mother-in-law before she was ever alone with the man she was going to marry. That's bananacrackers. 

Then again, I've been married for 17 1/2 year and my parents have seen my husband maybe 5-6 times, so my perspective might be skewed. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Normades said:

From my experience, I think Derick's slide into asshattery began with his father's death.  I'm sure if his father was still alive he would not be like this. 

• Love 9