Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Regarding the mess of stuff on the living room floor - it sounded like Jill woke up Izzy & Sam & they headed out right away to the race on Saturday morning.  The mess was probably not cleaned up from the night before.  I'm not a great housekeeper but I made sure Son of Barb's toys were cleaned up& put away at the end of the day. 

I think you are right that the mess was from the night before.  Jill has nothing to do all day but look after her children, take selfies, and steal recipes to post on her website.  It's clear that she hasn't taught Israel to pick up his toys after play time is over, which is something most mothers begin teaching a child before he is two-years-old.  Israel is three and Jill has obviously let him run amok and create hazards for his baby brother. What idiot would shoot a video of that mess and then post it on YouTube?  And why did Jill find the time to make all of those silly signs for the marathon but not feed her children breakfast?  It seems that motherhood isn't one of Jill's strong points either.  Maybe that's why grandma Cathy feels the need to hang around them so much.     

Jill.png

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Is there a picture where she doesn't crinkle her forehead and look surprised?

Imagine Old Jill looking back at pictures of her young self and seeing all those wrinkles. What's the point of being young and beautiful if you ruin it?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

I'm sure Derwood's time was beaten by many, many women both that day and within the weeks before and to come.

I love the fact he was beaten by many women. Makes my day especially by women who were not covered completely while running and have an higher intelligence than him and Jill combined.

And speaking of saying or spelling my husband's last name...I had a hard time saying and spelling it while we were dating and first got married. I laugh when some people try to say it themselves. I thought it was French, but it is German (I was not the only person who thought it was French.)

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I love the fact he was beaten by many women. Makes my day especially by women who were not covered completely while running and have an higher intelligence than him and Jill combined.

And speaking of saying or spelling my husband's last name...I had a hard time saying and spelling it while we were dating and first got married. I laugh when some people try to say it themselves. I thought it was French, but it is German (I was not the only person who thought it was French.)

I thought my husband's name was French as well the first time I heard it, and pictured it spelled with a "que" at the end, which seemed rather exotic. It turned out to be Belgian, and spelled with an "eke" at the end, which invariably gets mispronounced as "eek"

• Love 1
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well Derick still was beaten by a girl. Boston Marathon female winner, Desiree Linden, 2:39:53. As Ginger Rogers once said, "I do everything the man does, only backwards and in high heels!", Desiree ran in 30 degree weather with pelting rain and 30 mph winds. 

A member of my brother in law's runner's club was invited to the qualifier for the US women's marathon team at the last Olympics.  He posted a picture of her with the caption, "I wish I could run like a girl" wishing her luck.  She was 'only' the 20th best US woman's marathoner, so she didn't go, but what an achievement! 

• Love 20
13 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jill seems so unimaginative that she probably has trouble spelling a name that isn't J Duggar.

Hide contents

I used to have a friend who bought a house with her soon to be husband who she had lived with for five years and had a child with.  When they went to sign the papers she decided to sign with her soon-to-be married name, and mispelled it!  It was a four letter name!  They had to sit in the office for another hour while new documents were drawn up so they could try again.  When they got home, she called me up and the first thing out of her mouth was "How do you think <fiance's> last name is spelled?", and was frustrated when I correctly spelled it.

I never cease to be amazed at how little attention some people pay to spelling.  My given name is not terribly common and therefore easy to misspell, so I understand people not getting it right the first time, but sometimes it seems like people are actively trying NOT to learn.  I have two close associates with PhDs in English who always misspell my name even when it's right in front of them with the correct spelling. 

Then again, I can't say for certain what kind of car I drive . . . aside from the fact that it is blue.  ;-)

• Love 10

So I went down the rabbit hole and watched all of the videos...

Beyond the cheesy opening of the last one, did anyone else catch his comment about being sick while Jill was focusing on his medal and pictures from Nepal? Like, hello...you just ran a marathon and in a decent time. It doesn't need to be followed up with, "It would have been nice if I wasn't sick..." 

And now we know his BS about losing on the obstacle course. If anything, he is the most fit of the boys...and he still lost. 

• Love 4

Okay, two things:

1. Please cut Josie some bangs. It would make a huge difference in her big beaded alien appearance.  (I see that they’re now cutting Tyler’s hair in the same non descript fundy guy with a side part and slicked down hair style the boys all sport. They really have no clue how to cut hair in spite of what they may think.)

2.  Jill’s signs remind me of the campaign posters posted in the hallways of my Jr. High during student body elections. 

Portia, I got you beat. My FATHER misspelled my name! 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Portia, I got you beat. My FATHER misspelled my name! 

My husband routinely asks me if we spell our younger daughter's name with 1 L or 2. Fun fact, HE picked out her name!

Our oldest went all the way to Grade 1 with the wrong birthday because he took her to her evaluation for preschool (little sister was sick and nursing) and he put September 8th. She was born September 7th...aka, my due date. 

Men are dense. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Okay, two things:

1. Please cut Josie some bangs. It would make a huge difference in her big beaded alien appearance.  (I see that they’re now cutting Tyler’s hair in the same non descript fundy guy with a side part and slicked down hair style the boys all sport. They really have no clue how to cut hair in spite of what they may think.)

Can’t hide Josie’s Metalunan ancestry

DajdoGoUMAAtCrQ?format=jpg

Likely fathered by a traveling interocitor salesman

this-island-earth1.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

WHEN IN THE HOLY HELL DID THIS JERK TRAIN?

I have a friend who does triathlons (I think that's what they're called, running, biking, swimming?). He has a full time job, is married and very involved with his 2 kids, and still has time to train. It's a matter of making time for what is important to you.

I really wish Jill would take a video editing class because I did not need to watch Israel pick his nose or her lose her train of thought and stutter. It's not like these videos have to be posted immediately, so she can rehearse what she wants to say, put a hat and jacket on the kids and pretend they just got home.

Names - a relative sent out birth announcements with the wrong spelling for her daughter's middle name and for 4 years has been telling people that's the correct spelling. I went with her to enroll her daughter in Head Start and come to find out, it's spelled correctly on the birth certificate.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Triple P said:

My mom, aka the woman who gave birth to me, once asked me if my birthday is on April 30th or 31st, so I don't think men have cornered the market on being dense. ?

I don't exactly forget the date of my daughter's birthday, but always stumble over saying it right. Whereas I know that my sons' birthdays are August 23rd and January 21st, I always have to first remember that my daughter was born 7/8/87, then work out which month that is. I have no idea why my mind does that.

• Love 7
On 4/16/2018 at 7:06 AM, ginger90 said:

Video

I know Jill is lacking in the decorating department,  but does every one of their apartment's walls including kitchen have to have framed photos hanging from them?  IIRC, the Dullards even had photos of Boob & Mechelle in their bathroom when they lived in the pool house. I've seen beautifully arranged photos like the ones that are hung up a staircase, but Jill's are just hung willy nilly in cheap frames. I have a nice collection of photos on one of my larger living room tables & for the most part, that's it for photos in my house.  My dad painted as a hobby in his retirement & my siblings & I are lucky enough to have his artwork hanging in our homes. Cant Jill grab the Decorating Divas of Jessa & Jana & go to Hobby Lobby or elsewhere & find some different things to hang?  I'd even take a few of those inspirational word hangings they love over a multitude of cheaply framed & poorly hung photos.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1

When I bought a house, many moons ago, the previous owners had a glass top on a large dining table in the kitchen. They had photos and post cards under the glass. I have seen people do the same with coffee tables and end tables. It’s an alternative renters could do. I am going to guess the pictures are hung with nails, at the Dillard rental.

41 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't exactly forget the date of my daughter's birthday, but always stumble over saying it right. Whereas I know that my sons' birthdays are August 23rd and January 21st, I always have to first remember that my daughter was born 7/8/87, then work out which month that is. I have no idea why my mind does that.

i have  son born 7/8/84! being pregnant in july is no joke!!!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Mollie said:

I think you are right that the mess was from the night before.  Jill has nothing to do all day but look after her children, take selfies, and steal recipes to post on her website.  It's clear that she hasn't taught Israel to pick up his toys after play time is over, which is something most mothers begin teaching a child before he is two-years-old.  Israel is three and Jill has obviously let him run amok and create hazards for his baby brother. What idiot would shoot a video of that mess and then post it on YouTube?  And why did Jill find the time to make all of those silly signs for the marathon but not feed her children breakfast?  It seems that motherhood isn't one of Jill's strong points either.  Maybe that's why grandma Cathy feels the need to hang around them so much.     

It has worked out great for TLC (and the Duggars) so far.  

Jill seems so disinterested in children, especially her own.  I think she fell in love with the idea of marriage and parenthood rather than the actual thing.  She's just now realizing marriage is work, and parenting is both a noun and a verb. 

• Love 17

My next door neighbor who recently moved had family photos on every damn wall and the hallways of her home. Even in the kitchen!! They were in non-marching cheap frames, just like Jill’s.

it was a cavalcade of tackiness. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

At least those days are real, unlike April 31! ?

ETA: My friend's son was born on 7/8/09, so then her brother decided to get married on 10/11/12.

Edited by Triple P
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Same here!  So strange. My sons’ birthdates are indelibly burned into my brain and I can rattle them off without thinking, but my daughter’s I always have to stop and think about first. I’m not sure if it’s because she was the third, if the numbers themselves don’t quite “rhyme” in my brain as well, or because I was having a much harder time in life and emotionally when she was born. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Our son was born the day after our fifth wedding anniversary. I always stutter on which is the correct DOB for him. Poor second kid.

• Love 2

My DH was born the 10th, and our wedding date was the 12th, of two different months.  I always have to think which is which!

The worse thing I got wrong was I sent out 300 wedding invitations All with my fiance's name misspelled!  His last name is a SCH and I spelled it SH!  And I really didn't even believe him when he told me they were wrong!  Short dating time, very short engagement equals not knowing everything about him.  Even how to spell his name!

• Love 4

Derick's posted another of their trademark live videos to his Instagram stories. Highlights: Jill's wearing pants at the big house; Michelle is captured scolding Jenni in her normal voice, then immediately switches to her on-screen, high-octave persona when she realizes the camera's on.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, graefin said:

Michelle is captured scolding Jenni in her normal voice, then immediately switches to her on-screen, high-octave persona when she realizes the camera's on.

If Derick captured that moment on video, there's no way he could have posted it by accident. It had to have been a deliberate swipe at his mother-in-law. And she'll be royally pissed when she sees it. There's trouble at the TTH.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I looked an it's already gone from Instagram. How dare we imply that's not Michelle's natural voice!

It's still there. It's a "story" so you have to click on his profile picture to see it.

32 minutes ago, graefin said:

It's still there. It's a "story" so you have to click on his profile picture to see it.

Thanks, I watched it. All I could make out was Michelle repeatedly saying "Do not do that!". It wasn't a huge change from her regular voice, but she certainly responds to the presence of a camera in her face. She loves attention more than any of her kids. At least she didn't bust out the wooden spoon this time.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Catfin said:

Our son was born the day after our fifth wedding anniversary. I always stutter on which is the correct DOB for him. Poor second kid.

My daughter was born the day before my birthday so I always have to stop and think when filling out forms.  Especially when they ask for both the child's and the parent's DOB.  I've messed it up more than once!

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, bob.loblaw said:

My daughter was born the day before my birthday so I always have to stop and think when filling out forms.  Especially when they ask for both the child's and the parent's DOB.  I've messed it up more than once!

My mom and I have birthdays one month and one day a part.  We've both messed up and given each other's birthdates a lot too.              

• Love 2

Vanessa lost her license in Arkansas and Jill was never licensed to begin with, so I'm confused on this one.

Eta: I just read the comments on Pickles, and apparently Vanessa is now endangering lives in Oklahoma. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Vanessa lost her license in Arkansas and Jill was never licensed to begin with, so I'm confused on this one.

Eta: I just read the comments on Pickles, and apparently Vanessa is now endangering lives in Oklahoma. 

Vanessa Giron is now operating A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and extends her services to Missouri, and Kansas. 

• Love 6

Since she's not licensed, what can Jill legally do to assist a homebirth for a non-relative/non-friend? I'm assuming for friends & relatives she would just lie and say she was there to offer emotional support, not as a midwife.

• Love 3
On 17/04/2018 at 3:20 AM, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

Derick had the opportunity to run his first North American Marathon after having successfully run both a full and half marathon during his time in Nepal a few years ago. Here are some pictures and videos from race day.

Many of you have asked about Derick’s gagging issue, which was talked about on one of the show episodes.  Unfortunately, we have not made progress in determining the cause of the issue.  He does still have a few episodes of gagging when running, but it doesn’t prevent him from running.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to contact us here. Thanks everyone!

And pictures:

C763AFF6-7258-4A78-82BC-A35334B67B93.jpeg

That look of hers always makes me think of Lionel Hutz trying to swindle or fool someone.

Mav3vgn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

How are they still letting these idiots deliver babies?!

Screenshot_20180418-084721.thumb.jpg.9236986e7b360de3f1c34a3b7f1e42ab.jpgecd5d8e1-0dc3-4175-adee-e52c81e91690-411x252.png.89fca530f5ec85d6e8f82ea278424680.png

Screenshot_20180418-085424-875x1335.thumb.jpg.4a9ae1764260f9b889c8ea7005fc37d3.jpg

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Since she's not licensed, what can Jill legally do to assist a homebirth for a non-relative/non-friend? I'm assuming for friends & relatives she would just lie and say she was there to offer emotional support, not as a midwife.

This is not good for anyone involved (especially moms and babies).

I'm glad little Levi is okay (and I assume his mom is, as well), but Jill (and Venessa) being involved in midwifery will not end well one day.

And why is Jill holding the newborn like he's a trophy or ribbon she just won for biggest squash and the county fair?

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 24

Someone please explain to me why the birth team only weighs 8 lbs 2 oz and is 20 inches Long. I would not trust Jill and the other woman to deliver my pet gold fish guppies. Does Jill actually get paid to be a midwife?

Oh dear God, 19 Botches and Counting. If/when Jill is sued they're gonna lose so much money. Misrepresenting yourself as a midwife when you're not licensed, no matter how sketchily, is terrible. Couldn't Jill deliver a healthy baby, but still be sued if she refereed to herself as a midwife? It's this way in nursing, but I have no idea about the CPM arena.

• Love 5