Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That is not a terrible time at all, especially for a first marathon.  Who knew?

Maybe he is practicing to keep up with people who run away from him when he is grifting for money.

• Love 6

He wanted to make sure he outran the evil Catholic runners.

He thought he brushed shoulders with a gay or transgender runner at the start line. 

He ran like Pickles was chasing him while dragging Jazz behind her. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

He has finished with a time of 4:16:37.56 

I would have bet money that he was only running part of the race. I am seriously impressed.....even if he does have the build for it. That’s quite an accomplishment!

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I would have bet money that he was only running part of the race. I am seriously impressed.....even if he does have the build for it. That’s quite an accomplishment!

Or we'll read a report of Derick being seen in Chick-fil-A during the race and then Jill dropped him off near the finish line. Or at least prior to the 18th mile where Miss Cathy was waiting.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or we'll read a report of Derick being seen in Chick-fil-A during the race and then Jill dropped him off near the finish line. Or at least prior to the 18th mile where Miss Cathy was waiting.

?

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe he was running from the devil.

Maybe running is his new ministry. He's the running preacher, a Forest Gump type character but with messed up teeth and a work adverse ugly attitude.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Maybe running is his new ministry. He's the running preacher, a Forest Gump type character but with messed up teeth and a work adverse ugly attitude.

Hilarious, but it's also kind of a good idea for these bunch of grifters. There is a lot of money to be made with running. Obviously Derick will never win race money by coming in first (world-class runners like Mo Farah are the ones who make big bucks by placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd in races around the world). But I follow a bunch of runner instagrams and some of them make a good amount of coin for schlepping shoes, energy gels, socks, diet plans, etc., etc. Derick already has a built-in following, he clearly enjoys running, and it's a fairly easy way to make a buck. I'm surprised more of the Duggars haven't tapped into the Instagram ad potential.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, louannems said:

Sam is 9 months old and Jill doesn't show much of him sitting on his own, crawling, or standing.  She posted a video of the kids playing at a Focus On the Family play area.  Sammy's getting around and trying super hard but he is still not really crawling. Naturally, all kids develop differently.  I just remember my own belly crawling at 4 to 5 months and hands and knees crawling by 6 months.  One walked without falling by 9 months.

My kid was a total anomaly. Rolled everywhere by 11 months, utterly uninterested in getting up on things, kind of crawled but not very well, and just before she turned SIXTEEN FREAKING MONTHS the kid had pulled up to stand, took her first steps--SIX of them--and was off and running. She was all about the fine motor skills and watching everyone, couldn't care less about gross motor skills. We did Gymboree and everything, I even had 0-3 testing done to see if she qualified for services, I was trying not to freak out because she seemed normal in every other way. She is now, at 16, as normal as most of us claim to be. :P

9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

He has finished with a time of 4:16:37.56 

That is really not bad. Just FINISHING is a hell of an accomplishment. Oh, also: Jill actually used some Spanish--told Izzy to watch ("Mira!"). So. . . she retained something from the Danger America adventures?

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill's last two videos (Derick running and Sam attempting to crawl): All of the excessive "yyyaaaaayyyys," just stahp! Find another word that means "yay" and use that for a change.

Evidently Jill was not too insecure to post that video even with a glimpse of Derelict's defrauding abs as he was taking off his shirt.

At the play area, Jill and all her high pitched YEAS drove me mad!  I found it telling that she baby talked to Izzy while he answered back in a normal tone.  Izzy sounded more mature than Jill!

• Love 10

Also, Jill said that they celebrated Izzy's birthday early because Derick was going away, so why did she and the kids tag along if it meant she and Derick could not participate in certain activities because of them.

• Love 10

Ugh!!! Why did they need to capitalize Mission in the first sentence. No string attached to serving people. Bull crap!!! I bet they were trying to get people to turn to the lord while serving them. If the kids were sick before traveling, why the heck did Jill not stay at home with them instead of spreading their germs around. And Derick was able to get one person to give his life to the lord. I bet the guy went along with what Derelict said to get him to leave him alone and went back to sinning after they left Colorado.

Maybe running is the only time Derick can be alone with his own thoughts without Jilly jabbering at him. 

Also, maybe the Pistol Pete costume is heavy and trotting around wearing it was good cardio and conditioning.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, graefin said:

Every time she says "yaaaaay," I want to box my ears. That she also uses it so often in writing brings me to despair.

I giggled like a kid in church when I saw that she freakin' used it as a hashtag! #yay

I'm waiting for that to be her next T-shirt.

Mama Bear. Check.

Wifey. Check.

#yay!. TBD.

• Love 8

Can Jill really not be alone for more than a couple of hours? Is Jill wanting to go on these missioncations because she is unwilling to let Derick have all the 'fun' while she stays home with the kids. Does Derick feel so out of place with the college kids that he brings Jill along for security? Are they actually chaperoning each other to make sure neither strays?

It's the same way with Jessa and Ben, it just appears more normal because neither Ben or Jessa 'work'. I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy operate the same way? 

JB once said that if he needs to leave the house without Michelle he would always take a couple of kids along for accountability. Maybe once Izzy and Sam (and Spurge & Henry) are old enough to be snitches they'll be able to function separately. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This post reminds me of the episode on The Office where everyone did their own thing during a race. Jim & Pam stopped at a yard sale along the way while others did the jump ahead thing by calling a cab IIRC.

• Love 13
On 4/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, Westiepeach said:

Again, if my husband EVER called me his “wifey,” that would have been the last time he would have spoken.I don’t care what he was saying about me. 

I commented about that on the Instagram post. Of course, a leg humper immediately came to his defense. 

• Love 8

It pains me to compliment these two, but Jill and Derelict are looking good. When Jill cleans herself up and doesn't do that stupid "raised eyebrow" pose, she's actually pretty cute. Derelict must have put on some weight because his face isn't looking as gaunt as it was after the jaw surgery. 

• Love 15

They drove as part of a caravan with a three year old and a nursing baby? I do not understand how that could possibly work. Hopefully Israel isn’t potty trained yet because I don’t know how you keep a nursing baby on anyone else’s schedule much less a potty trained toddler.

ETA I am currently on a road trip with my twin four year olds and it drives me BANANAS how much longer everything takes yet traveling with them now is so much easier than it was when they were younger. Come to think it, if they drove, they should have been loaded down with snacks which makes the hour long walk to CFA that much weirder. Maybe Jill felt bad the kids were cooped up in the car so she thought the nice long walk would be a good idea? 

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It pains me to compliment these two, but Jill and Derelict are looking good. When Jill cleans herself up and doesn't do that stupid "raised eyebrow" pose, she's actually pretty cute. Derelict must have put on some weight because his face isn't looking as gaunt as it was after the jaw surgery. 

I'll also chime in and say that for the most part I like Jill's hair when she puts it in a braid. She's never been the type to be into a whole lot of make-up and "high maintenance" feminine things, so this is a nice low-maintenance look for her if she's not going to cut her hair. 

• Love 15

How odd that these church missions happen where there's interesting and fun things nearby. Why not got to Oklahoma or Kansas and play with dogs and feed the Fire & Police? Or downtown NWA? 

• Love 11

I expect if we looked hard enough we could find some people from Colorado going on a "mission" to Arkansas.  I agree they should all stay home and work on their own little corner of the world.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I expect if we looked hard enough we could find some people from Colorado going on a "mission" to Arkansas.  I agree they should all stay home and work on their own little corner of the world.

I don't know, is there anything touristy in Arkansas? I'm thinking most missions happen where there's fun to be had in their unscheduled time.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know, is there anything touristy in Arkansas? I'm thinking most missions happen where there's fun to be had in their unscheduled time.

There's that diamond place, but I wouldn't really call that touristy. 

When I lived in Kansas, I knew some fundie-lites whose missions frequently took them to Las Vegas. Biggest hypocrites in town. 

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hiking. The Duggars are close to Buffalo River and there are some beautiful trails there, plus Hawksbill Crag. I’m in southern Missouri and we drive down a lot to float/hike....and drink beer. Oooh maybe the Duggars should try to “mission” there. I would watch that 

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 5

So she took sick toddlers on an hour long death march to chick-fil-a when they had a car? Jesus Christ, Jill I know you were raised down by idiots but for your children's sake please think before you act. PLEASE.

• Love 19

Re: the marathon, I think that is the kind of thing that these people should be doing. If they're not going to work outside of the show, they should be doing SOMETHING to improve themselves, and not just lazing around. However, Derick is beyond this point now. Since he's no longer got income from the show, he needs a JOB. He's about a year too late with this marathon business. Seriously, I can't understand where his resistance to getting a job comes from. He has a wife with no real skills and two toddlers. Get real!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Re: the marathon, I think that is the kind of thing that these people should be doing. If they're not going to work outside of the show, they should be doing SOMETHING to improve themselves, and not just lazing around. However, Derick is beyond this point now. Since he's no longer got income from the show, he needs a JOB. He's about a year too late with this marathon business. Seriously, I can't understand where his resistance to getting a job comes from. He has a wife with no real skills and two toddlers. Get real!

His ministry course is over in three months.  If Cross Church doesn't offer him a job, he's going to have to find one.  I don't think Cross Church has ever hired one of the students from this course before.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Mollie said:

His ministry course is over in three months.  If Cross Church doesn't offer him a job, he's going to have to find one.  I don't think Cross Church has ever hired one of the students from this course before.

And aren't they living in like some type of student housing, or did I remember that wrong?  So school's out, no home, and no job.  Hmm, wonder if they've started thinking about that.  silly me, look who I'm thinking about.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

And aren't they living in like some type of student housing, or did I remember that wrong?  So school's out, no home, and no job.  Hmm, wonder if they've started thinking about that.  silly me, look who I'm thinking about.

I don't think we know for sure where they're living, but it does look like the sort of small, cheap places you find with student housing.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, JoanArc said:

So she took sick toddlers on an hour long death march to chick-fil-a when they had a car? Jesus Christ, Jill I know you were raised down by idiots but for your children's sake please think before you act. PLEASE.

I have to wonder whether the march was, even if indirectly, Dreck's idea. Given that he seems to be a natural runner, he may encourage Jill to take them on extended treks wherever she can. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but given that they were both at least in the first stages of coming down with a cold and at a completely unfamiliar altitude, maybe a bit of case-by-case caution might have been warranted. I feel as though Jill just follows Dreck's basic preferences without any consideration for possible changes in circumstance.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6

I can see Derelict driving their car to whatever place the group was missioning at leaving Jill to walk with the kids.  I'm sure he could have gotten a ride with someone from the group, leaving the car for Jill, but I definitely see him as the type of person who insists on doing the driving.  I know it's a control thing.  

This still doesn't excuse Jill for taking her sick kids out.  Like others have said, she could have had something delivered or she or Derelict could have driven to Chik-fil-a & brought something back before he left.

It will be interesting to see where they will be living if they have to move out of  their apartment.  I don't see them moving into the TTH or one of JB's properties.  Maybe they can add on to the Joken log cabin.  How big of a house do Cathy & Mr Bynum live in?

• Love 10
On 4/14/2018 at 10:44 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Because everything they do is bass ackwards? They also make things a hundred times harder than they have to be. 

I think it’s because neither of them have one lick of common sense.  Zero.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, awaken said:

Utterly pointless. I could make a video about my morning and it would be more exciting. I also get up in the mornings and get kids ready.  Gold stars for all!!

The reasons for this video:

1.  Jill and Derick are desperate to maintain some kind of audience for the next time they want to solicit donations.

2.  Jill and Derick miss being filmed by TLC, so they are making their own videos to show on YouTube.

3.  Jill loves to show off her poor homemaking skills, including her messy living room, which is riddled with small bits and pieces that could easily choke her baby.

Jill.png

• Love 23