Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Same reasons Bin went to Jessa's Southern Women's Conferences speeches? And her seminar on modest dressing?  a) The guys have nothing better to do and b) no woman should "preach" at public events unless under the direct auspices of her headship?

That actually can be factual.

A woman can't speak unless her husband is present is not an uncommon idea.  It sounds funny to us in 2018 but it can be very accurate. 

I went to a Reformed Baptist church, years ago, and women were not allowed to speak in the church service.  (I left shortly)

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe they need to get through the 7th grade before worrying about such things.  If I had a child and someone like this was going to be speaking to the class I would take them out of school for the day.  Nah, knowing me, I would be there in a heartbeat to hear it as well so I had good examples to include in my letter to the district and all major news outlets telling them these weirdos think its appropriate to talk about godly marriage to a 12 year old.  

Of course in the case of the Duggars, they're envisioning girls having one relationship only with a man outside their family. And whoever that guy is, he'll be the guy they actually marry.

So the girls have to be warned off of engaging in talk or action that might rip out their heart pieces as soon as they or boys they know are of an age to have any such inclinations. 

I don't know how many people involved in this school take that view, but it's hard to imagine that they don't know that that's the Duggar view. And we also don't know the level of fundieness of the actual population of this school. For all we know, there may be a number of these families who buy into the nostalgic fantasy that the Duggars are selling about stuff like this. 

• Love 2

From Derick

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” (Proverbs 13:20)

Choose your friends carefully.

9:53 AM · Jan 13, 2018

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Still, part of me kinda hopes it is around just because as long as it is, there is more hope for the rest of the kids than if it simply gurgles back into the fundie quagmire...

I have the completely opposite view on this. Just given what I've seen through my life of the relative difficulty that poorer and richer people have in escaping imprisoning and/or abusive family situations, it seems to me that the better off the kids are the more deeply and securely they're entrapped. Because for them there's not just a stick holding them in but the carrot of having some of their needs and wants met with that money. And I think that with the Duggars, the fame and the money together make the family's relative well-being absolutely killer to the kids. 

I think the only hope for any of them to get out is for the money tree to die (and, if possible, for the fame wagon to plunge off a cliff). Then the family will be stripped of many of the tools they now can command to keep the kids onboard. The kids are absolutely doomed until the show ends, in my opinion. If it ends, with the cash rewards and some of the spotlight gone, I think the chances would rise exponentially for some of them to rethink staying -- and get out. If the show ends, they'll see themselves as having much less to lose, I believe.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From Derick

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” (Proverbs 13:20)

9:53 AM · Jan 13, 2018

Got it, Derick!

Ok, now what about Josh? 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I have the completely opposite view on this. Just given what I've seen through my life of the relative difficulty that poorer and richer people have in escaping imprisoning and/or abusive family situations, it seems to me that the better off the kids are the more deeply and securely they're entrapped. Because for them there's not just a stick holding them in but the carrot of having some of their needs and wants met with that money. And I think that with the Duggars, the fame and the money together make the family's relative well-being absolutely killer to the kids. 

I think the only hope for any of them to get out is for the money tree to die (and, if possible, for the fame wagon to plunge off a cliff). Then the family will be stripped of many of the tools they now can command to keep the kids onboard. The kids are absolutely doomed until the show ends, in my opinion. If it ends, with the cash rewards and some of the spotlight gone, I think the chances would rise exponentially for some of them to rethink staying -- and get out. If the show ends, they'll see themselves as having much less to lose, I believe.

I've always believed that the show made it less, not more, likely that any of the kids would leave the fold. Even without the important issue of financial security, all attention gained from the show made them more insular and insecure. There's the leghumpers, which, yes, they love the Duggars, but they also do weird shit like randomly show up at their doors (remember that 12 year old who knocked on the Dullard McMansion door when Den was there?). Plus, and maybe it's just be, it must be super disconcerting to be around people who adore you and are overly familiar because they think they know you because they see you on tv. Then there are the critics, who not only have the audacity to not see them for the wonderful saviors they are, but who constantly slam the parents they love. I'm sure at least a few of them are well aware of JB/M's faults, but when outsiders are talking shit and in their minds "twisting" the facts, those kids are going to stick even harder to the party line. They really have no one but each other, no matter how much exposure to the outside world they've gotten compared to other fundies. That's why the married girls have been so fucking weird during courtship and engagements...they found outsiders who were on board with the family crazy but didn't come across as psycho fans, either (well, there's Ben, but that's a whole other discussion).

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That's entirely possible as well, and I do bow to your first-hand knowledge on these matters. I guess in my mind I sort of think that their exposure gives them at least a bit of an ongoing connection with something outside their little bubble. On the other hand it's not as though we've really seen much to bear that out. If the whole fame thing implodes, though, they presumably have enough zonked away to at least reorganize... Maybe they have enough invested in real estate, etc to ensure a decent paycheck once the show ends, and if someone has a good mind for business they could expand on that enough to keep their little compound self-sustaining.  If so, a lot of the younger kids may grow up with even less exposure to the outside world than they have now.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's entirely possible as well, and I do bow to your first-hand knowledge on these matters. I guess in my mind I sort of think that their exposure gives them at least a bit of an ongoing connection with something outside their little bubble. On the other hand it's not as though we've really seen much to bear that out. If the whole fame thing implodes, though, they presumably have enough zonked away to at least reorganize... Maybe they have enough invested in real estate, etc to ensure a decent paycheck once the show ends, and if someone has a good mind for business they could expand on that enough to keep their little compound self-sustaining.  If so, a lot of the younger kids may grow up with even less exposure to the outside world than they have now.

Yep, both possibilities definitely exist. I agree. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, MunichNark said:

im actually somewhat nervous about what goes on behind closed doors in that home. I could imagine him being abusive towards his family

I worry about when the money is really, truly gone. It will happen someday, Jim Bob won't be able to bail them out, and the stress will go somewhere.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And your spouses wisely.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Only the adult kids are on the new TV show.  The eight kids who are under 18-years-old are not on the show as paid talent.  So, the younger kids don't have a pot of money to fall back on.  All of the older kids (with the possible exception of Jill) have purchased real estate from their TLC earnings over the years.

Michelle and Jim Bob are shown at weddings, but I don't think they are paid to appear on the new show.  I think they just sign a release form agreeing to be videotaped like other wedding guests.  TLC didn't take kindly to the sexual abuse cover-up and failure to disclose this to them, which is why 19 Kids and Counting was cancelled forever. 

Jim Bob is still well-heeled from his ten years on TV.  All he can do now is continue to invest his money wisely in real estate and hope it lasts him for the rest of his life.  The only speaking engagements he gets anymore are with Gothard organizations, and they don't pay as well as the mega churches that used to hire the family.  It's possible that the only payment they got from the jaunt to Australia was the free trip.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Does Jessa have any real estate holdings? Even with some real estate the older kids still need real jobs to survive in the real world when the gravy train comes to a complete halt.

Exactly. I was thinking more of the older kids and their next generation than of the remaining-at-home little Duggs. Because the older married Duggarlings will not just have to support their own survival but that of who knows how many kids? .... And while JB might well feel he has to go on paying the bills for the kids who remain in his house, I doubt he'll feel quite the same about the spinoffs and grandbabies, should money be tight down th eline. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

My favorite part about the school lady's usage is that "poured" has no object, so you can only conclude that it was Jill herself who turned all liquid and then poured like a pounding rainstorm into the girls' hearts. Maybe you're in less danger of losing heart pieces if your heart is full of something like liquid Jill? 

Definitely some kind of trendy speak -- since that's virtually always nonsensical. 

Same reasons Bin went to Jessa's Southern Women's Conferences speeches? And her seminar on modest dressing?  a) The guys have nothing better to do and b) no woman should "preach" at public events unless under the direct auspices of her headship?

We've only seen two Duggarling wives give speeches so far. But in both cases the husbands were on board. Bin sat on the platform right next to Jessa, even though no program materials mentioned him. Maybe we'll see something different if Jingle ever gives a speech, but I doubt it. 

Trying to imagine Mr. Fin accompanying me on client visits as my authority. Bahahaha! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Does Jessa have any real estate holdings? Even with some real estate the older kids still need real jobs to survive in the real world when the gravy train comes to a complete halt.

The Mold House is in Benessa's names in the county tax records. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Trying to imagine Mr. Fin accompanying me on client visits as my authority. Bahahaha! 

I know. It's just mindboggling when you think of it that way, isn't it? I can't even get my head around a woman in our time accepting that blandly. They truly live in another universe from me. They live in another universe from my mother and grandmothers as well, really. I don't actually understand their world at all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Mold House is in Benessa's names in the county tax records. 

If Jessa is pregnant with #3, they’re going to outgrow that house really soon. When Josh and Anna lived there, they moved to DC right after Marcus was born. Five people is a lot for a house where you can barely swing a cat. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

If Jessa is pregnant with #3, they’re going to outgrow that house really soon. When Josh and Anna lived there, they moved to DC right after Marcus was born. Five people is a lot for a house where you can barely swing a cat. 

True, but there are people who live in smaller houses and manage to survive with five or more people in it. Jessa probably would want a bigger house for her family. God forbid Ben gets a real job to support their family, or they stop with just two kids.

18 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Ha. Don’t mention cat-swinging; they may actually try it!

• Love 23
2 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Five people is a lot for a house where you can barely swing a cat. 

We need to pray then the Dullards never live in it given Derick’s treatment of cats in the past. 

Apparently great minds all think alike...

Edited by AUgirl
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

there are people who live in smaller houses and manage to survive with five or more people in it. Jessa probably would want a bigger house for her family.

Jessa will need room for all the dirty diapers. 

• Love 22

Jessa's and Ben's house is so tiny, not even a dining room. Most advice says don't purchase a home unless you know you'll be staying 3 - 5 years. This usually means the sale will be profitable, including the old closing costs for the house being sold and the new closing costs of a house being purchased. Unless they're adding on or connecting the garage to the home and making a master suite that house makes no sense for a growing family and Jessa seems to be on the "as many blessings as God provides" track.

I do wonder why Jill and Derick are renting rather than buying if they're going to settle in that area though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I do wonder why Jill and Derick are renting rather than buying if they're going to settle in that area though.

We don't know what real estate Jill and Derick might own, since they probably hold the deed in the name of a trust.  They are very hush-hush about their finances and always have been because they like to appear very needy while asking for donations for living expenses.  It's all part of Derick's M.O. (modus operandi) of dishonesty and deception. 

As for staying in Arkansas, I don't think Derick has given up on the idea of being a hippie missionary/trekker, living on donations from the Duggar fan base.  I think that the whole reason he is taking this $12,000 course at Cross Church is so he can apply for funding from the Baptist International Mission Board.

• Love 12

I think Benessa will outgrow the mold house in an effort to gain use of the pool house.  You know she has her eyes on THAT prize.  It’s too bad that JB sold the McMansion that Dwerp and Jill lived in their first year. That could’ve been Duggarized to fit two of the new families. And the pool house seems big enough to do the same.  

There is enough land in the compound to build onto the pool house or to build a slew of smaller TTH offshoots. Now that they are all “expert builders” they could throw up houses for all of the Duggarlings and their offspring. Wasn’t that the whole idea of buying that YOUGE piece of property anyway?   To build a compound and have all the kids and grandkids close by?

• Love 10

How many kids can they keep sleeping with in their king size bed?  The other bedroom is an office if I remember back. Jesse did say she didn't want a bigger house because it would be harder to clean - not that she is interested in cleaning - but maybe she just said that because she didn't get the big house. 

• Love 8
On 1/11/2018 at 10:36 PM, EVS said:

Forget about the DMV (if anyone remembers Reaper), that must have been the real hell on earth. 

I was just thinking about Reaper the other day and how much I loved it. So of course it was canceled. That was the last time I watched UPN or the CW or whatever the hell it’s called.

Topic? I wonder if Jill wore her jeans so she could sit in a chair backwards and totally rap to the hip kids. I really wonder what Jill would say if one of those children asked her what it’s like being a survivor of sexual abuse. If she weren’t so immersed in her family’s bizarre teachings, and received help for her past trauma, she could use these speaking engagements to really help children who may be victims themselves.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Yeah, the “I wouldn’t want a bigger house” comment was most likely 100% sour grapes. 

Definitely. I would've believed Jessa if she took loving care of her small home the way Chad and Erin Paine do with their cottage, but given the state of the Mold House, that comment was pure lip service. She wanted the McMansion, but Daddy's favorite got it instead. 

• Love 14
On 1/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, Aja said:

Are we already married? It's hard to keep track. If not, will you marry me?

On 1/12/2018 at 2:15 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm actually in a courtship with @Celia Rubenstein. I'm open to all kinds of marriages, so if she's down with it - I'm in. She would be our headship - a wonderful one though!

Maybe we should move this discussion over to the Sister Wives thread. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I really wonder what Jill would say if one of those children asked her what it’s like being a survivor of sexual abuse.

I doubt if she would dare to take questions from the audience during her presentation. Usually at these types of events, the attendees have to submit their questions in writing in advance and the Duggars pick out the ones they want to answer (which, of course, are the softballs lobbed by the fawning leghumpers).

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I think Benessa will outgrow the mold house in an effort to gain use of the pool house.  You know she has her eyes on THAT prize.  It’s too bad that JB sold the McMansion that Dwerp and Jill lived in their first year. That could’ve been Duggarized to fit two of the new families. And the pool house seems big enough to do the same.  

There is enough land in the compound to build onto the pool house or to build a slew of smaller TTH offshoots. Now that they are all “expert builders” they could throw up houses for all of the Duggarlings and their offspring. Wasn’t that the whole idea of buying that YOUGE piece of property anyway?   To build a compound and have all the kids and grandkids close by?

He built it on the city dump, so he certainly didn't expect to sell that house. No idea if he wanted to clutter the property with little houses, but yes I think the idea was there would family members living on the property into long perpetuity possibly forever. It would take only one married kid with at least five or six little ones to ensure the family would remain there for several generations. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

He built it on the city dump, so he certainly didn't expect to sell that house. No idea if he wanted to clutter the property with little houses, but yes I think the idea was there would family members living on the property into long perpetuity possibly forever. It would take only one married kid with at least five or six little ones to ensure the family would remain there for several generations. 

This is Joshley’s future.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

It’s built at the city dump? I thought the McMansion that Jill and Jerick lived in was city dump adjacent?

The TTH is near the town landfill. About a mile or so, if I remember correctly.  The McMansion was on the other side of town, closer to Wal Mart’s offices.  

• Love 3

This is probably wishful thinking but Jessa and Ben might actually realize that they have no damn money other than Counting On and renewal seems kinda sketchy every season. It is possible that they are going to make the best of things in the Mold House for a few more years.  jessa is at the TTH quite often anyway. 

Jill and Derick?  Wonder what those two wasted their money on? Hmmm....so many different possibilities with that Do Nothing Derick. 

• Love 1

Derick has lots of great nicknames built up:

Dreck

Derelict

Dirty Jesus

Scruffy

Shaggy

Derweed

Derwood

Derp

Dwerp

Granola Boy

Twittering Twatterer

Manbun

Hippie Jesus

Waste of Space

Gagger

Dancing Derick

Dustbin

And he earned every single one of them!

Did I miss any?

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Dreck

Derelict

Dirty Jesus

Scruffy

Shaggy

Derweed

Derwood

Derp

Dwerp

Granola Boy

Twittering Twatterer

Manbun

Hippie Jesus

Waste of Space

Gagger

Dancing Derick

Dustbin

Did I miss any?

Derdick 

• Love 6
On 1/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Because they are the bestest , most righteous, most Jesusy family EVAH!

Reminds me of one of the best lines from Prince Philip from The Crown, "oh, gold star from Jesus!" 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Can you imagine the water quality? Barf. Health hazard.

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Because they are the bestest , most righteous, most Jesusy family EVAH!

I've known other Christian families who also believed this about themselves. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Dreck

Derelict

Dirty Jesus

Scruffy

Shaggy

Derweed

Derwood

Derp

Dwerp

Granola Boy

Twittering Twatterer

Manbun

Hippie Jesus

Waste of Space

Gagger

Dancing Derick

Dustbin

Did I miss any?

Dumb Ass

• Love 5

DDD, "Triple D"

Jim Bob said he bought the 20 acres where their house is built so each married child could have one acre and put their own houses on it. I guess he's like to construct his own empire....and have his own zip code.

• Love 12