Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 4/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, lascuba said:

Exactly. The whole thing feels like a stylistic choice rather than a thoughtful concern for privacy and safety. All it would take is one really popular influencer to write a thinkpiece of a caption about the " benefits" of showing children's faces on social media for the tide to turn and then the black bars and back of the head pics are history.

I completely agree with this. Especially in regards to Jeremy. He didn't start doing this until Cade and Gabby did it with their baby.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, SMama said:

Who is the woman with Jill?

Not a clue, but the person who married Jessa and Ben, and also heads SOS ministries is Mike Schadt, so perhaps that’s the connection, or she happens to be someone with the same last name. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6

I feel like YMCAs and such, requiring t-shirts in pools is a step backwards. Once again sexualizing the female figure and needing it covered up. Not that different than Gothard.

I didn't even recognize Jill in that photo. Those bolsters look like physicals therapy cushions. Are something like that sold as toys?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I think that the Y requires its employees to wear shirts in the pool is so that they can be easily identified by kids and parents.  They all wear the same color with a logo on it so they can be found easily in an emergency.  It's a safety thing, not a sexual thing.

Interesting. When my kids took lessons the pools were never crowded during lessons and the only adults in the pool were employees - each teaching a class of no more than six swimmers, depending on ages and there was always an employee out of the pool. They did wear Y shirts out of the pool. But that was eons ago.

Edited by GeeGolly
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Who is the woman with Jill?

She's Mike Schadt's DIL. Schadt is the head of SOS, the "missionaries" that the Dillards worked for when Izzy was an infant. Schadt was hospitalized with Covid about a year ago; I have no idea how he's doing these days. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's Mike Schadt's DIL. Schadt is the head of SOS, the "missionaries" that the Dillards worked for when Izzy was an infant. Schadt was hospitalized with Covid about a year ago; I have no idea how he's doing these days. 

He was not well a few months ago. Very ill and in constant pain. He has had severe Covid twice and now has an" Unknown health issue". He has 3 thoughts. 1. Has covid again or long covid, 2. having covid "awakened" some dormant disease he got in a foreign country or 3. He has been poisoned.

This was a few months ago. He thought it lucky he has a condo in florida and can fly frequently to NY to try and find out the problem. There was a whole long post by Mike, I think it was on the S.O.S Ministries blog or in a newsletter or something.

I will try to find the link.

I may be a little off on the story but the 3 options for his problems were the ones he listed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Thanks for the updates. I recalled his second bout with Covid when I read your post. Is he still running SOS or gas he handed that off to someone else given what appears to be long Covid? 

The letter from Mike did not say whether he was running it, he signed it Founder of S.O.S. Ministries and not President.

I can only find the letter broken up into screen shots.

i was a little off of possible causes.

3.jpg

26 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

He was not well a few months ago. Very ill and in constant pain. He has had severe Covid twice and now has an" Unknown health issue". He has 3 thoughts. 1. Has covid again or long covid, 2. having covid "awakened" some dormant disease he got in a foreign country or 3. He has been poisoned.

This was a few months ago. He thought it lucky he has a condo in florida and can fly frequently to NY to try and find out the problem. There was a whole long post by Mike, I think it was on the S.O.S Ministries blog or in a newsletter or something.

I will try to find the link.

I may be a little off on the story but the 3 options for his problems were the ones he listed.

Why did puke he think he was poisoned?

• Love 6

46 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The letter from Mike did not say whether he was running it, he signed it Founder of S.O.S. Ministries and not President.

I can only find the letter broken up into screen shots.

i was a little off of possible causes.

3.jpg

It's so nice when awful people make it easy for me to ignore any sympathy I'd normally feel about their illness. 

45 minutes ago, SMama said:

Why did puke he think he was poisoned?

Because he's doing the lord's work of shoving Jesus down brown people's throats, which naturally means that the world is out to get him. 

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Being poisoned doesn't cause tumors that turn into "late stage cancer." Sounds like he's been listening to a lot of woo "doctors." 

Untraceable tumors. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

• LOL 20
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Untraceable tumors. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

I thought it was Covid that caused the untraceable tumors.  I wonder if he started wearing a face mask? I know it is rather late for that in most places the numbers are down but if I thought a virus gave me tumors  🤔I would have everyone I know wear a face mask.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I think that the Y requires its employees to wear shirts in the pool is so that they can be easily identified by kids and parents.  They all wear the same color with a logo on it so they can be found easily in an emergency.  It's a safety thing, not a sexual thing.

Well, at our YMCA it is a bit of a sexual thing. A young friend that teaches lessons and lifeguards at the Y got in trouble for not wearing his swim shirt (they provided him a medium, he needed an XL) because a 12 year old was touching his chest and her father got mad and reported it.

• Love 2

With direction from @Scarlett45, I will post the screenshots from the Mike Schadt letter to S.O.S. regarding his health in Small Talk. It is in 8 screen shots that are numbered.

It is an interesting and somewhat bizarre read.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Can we go back to this? I'd like to know where he is or will be working.

They may not want to share those details. Well, if they were smart they wouldn’t.

• Love 12

For 7 out of the last 8 years, Derick has pretty much been around for Jill 24/7, give or take a few hours here and there, with the exception of his 2 years of law school, when his was likely busy 20 or so hours a week. I suppose Derick was possibly busy around 20 hours a week when they were in El Salvador. Either way, this is going to be a huge adjustment for Jill, Derick and the boys.

I know they moved when Izzy was a few months old, but this will be the first time Jill will have a newborn since breaking ties with her family and TLC. Even if Derick put in for time off for the birth while he was hired, I'm guessing it will likely be for one week. The closest thing to typical mainstream reality will be hitting the Dillards, everyday now going forward. Like I said, its going to be tough for all of them, at least for the next 6 months or so.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For 7 out of the last 8 years, Derick has pretty much been around for Jill 24/7, give or take a few hours here and there, with the exception of his 2 years of law school, when his was likely busy 20 or so hours a week. I suppose Derick was possibly busy around 20 hours a week when they were in El Salvador. Either way, this is going to be a huge adjustment for Jill, Derick and the boys.

I know they moved when Izzy was a few months old, but this will be the first time Jill will have a newborn since breaking ties with her family and TLC. Even if Derick put in for time off for the birth while he was hired, I'm guessing it will likely be for one week. The closest thing to typical mainstream reality will be hitting the Dillards, everyday now going forward. Like I said, its going to be tough for all of them, at least for the next 6 months or so.

You forgot the third year of law school, though the learning curve for Jill remains. Hopefully getting two boys to school and a newborn will be much easier to manage than homefooling two kids and a newborn. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree.

I think that this is going to be a real problem. Jill has very little experience in dealing with the structure of work and school. She's had Derick to help with getting Izzy off the school for the past two years.

Jill had a horrible time with Izzy when he was a newborn, and while I think that she's less encumbered by her earlier expectations of what marriage and motherhood would be like, I think she's still pretty fragile. I think that having Derick gone every day while she's expected to get the kids ready for school, and take them to school, and care for a newborn, and have dinner on the table and the house clean when Derick gets home is just going to be too much.

Derick is going to be starting a new job -- which is hugely stressful under any circumstances, and it's really his first job in a very long time. I don't think Derick is especially lazy, but he's had a lot of flexibility in his schedule for a long time, and I don't think that junior associates at law firms just take off whenever they see fit.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

If history repeats itself, I wonder what his next school degree will be.  So far, he hasn't shown any longevity at anything.

He did stick it out at law school. Many figured he'd flame out in a year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He did stick it out at law school. Many figured he'd flame out in a year. 

Oh, he's smart enough.  He has an accounting degree, a theology degree of some kind, and now has a law degree and has passed the bar.  He just doesn't stay in any job long enough to have a "career".  He always seems to be on to the next shiny thing that attracts his attention.  I hope he finds a job he likes in law, but I will not surprised to hear that he is back in school again in a couple of years.

• Love 10

I've said this before, but I think Derick seems to respond better to the structure of school versus real life. It will be interesting to see if he hacks out a job somewhere longer than a couple of years. As far as I know, he's never done that with an actual job. 

Just now, CalicoKitty said:

Oh, he's smart enough.  He has an accounting degree, a theology degree of some kind, and now has a law degree and has passed the bar.  He just doesn't stay in any job long enough to have a "career".  He always seems to be on to the next shiny thing that attracts his attention.  I hope he finds a job he likes in law, but I will not surprised to hear that he is back in school again in a couple of years.

Isn't the theology thing a one-year certificate from church? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I've said this before, but I think Derick seems to respond better to the structure of school versus real life. It will be interesting to see if he hacks out a job somewhere longer than a couple of years. As far as I know, he's never done that with an actual job. 

Isn't the theology thing a one-year certificate from church? 

I think so.  But he took the time and money to complete it, and then not use it.  He does seem to do better being in school.  Hopefully, whatever new job he has will provide structure, but he did not seem to last too long with the structure at Walmart.  I'm sure the filming schedule did not help, and maybe he was asked to leave.  We really don't know.  Maybe he has grown and matured, and he will enjoy his new job.  I guess we will see.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Oh, he's smart enough.  He has an accounting degree, a theology degree of some kind, and now has a law degree and has passed the bar.

Did Derick finish the theology degree?  He started online, but seemed he may have quit that one when he realized Jill wasn't going to be able to do her portion for them to be SBC missionaries.  

He did complete the Cross Church year, but that didn't yield him anything useful.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I agree.

I think that this is going to be a real problem. Jill has very little experience in dealing with the structure of work and school. She's had Derick to help with getting Izzy off the school for the past two years.

Jill had a horrible time with Izzy when he was a newborn, and while I think that she's less encumbered by her earlier expectations of what marriage and motherhood would be like, I think she's still pretty fragile. I think that having Derick gone every day while she's expected to get the kids ready for school, and take them to school, and care for a newborn, and have dinner on the table and the house clean when Derick gets home is just going to be too much.

Derick is going to be starting a new job -- which is hugely stressful under any circumstances, and it's really his first job in a very long time. I don't think Derick is especially lazy, but he's had a lot of flexibility in his schedule for a long time, and I don't think that junior associates at law firms just take off whenever they see fit.

I doubt Derick is a stickler about the house being immaculate every single day, so she won’t have a lot of housework to do every day. Hopefully.

• Love 1

Derick may not have the funds to move on to another shiny thing. It seems his spent a good chunk of Jill's back pay on missionary camp and law school.

I suppose they could go back to grifting, although they weren't very good at it.

• Love 2

Derick may just really enjoy learning.  If going to college or taking classes could somehow pay my bills, I would love to be a permanent student.  I definitely enjoyed going to school more than working.  But realistically, the bills have to get paid.  At some point, Derick needs to realize this.

• Love 20

If he has a job then Jill is in for a major reality check. She'll be alone all day long, with just her children around. No more eating in the car with Papa during lunchtime. She is the sole carer of the house.

She's what now, late 20s? Consider that to date, she has never ever experienced a normal average day like the rest of us. Getting up early, getting ready for work, perhaps taking care of children to get them ready, cooking, cleaning, doing a full day's work, then home to cook and do your bits. Not having the time to take a gazillion selfies for Instagram, drinking coffee all day long and doing nothing but shop and run around.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

And Derick needs to get over his tendency to be a perpetual student

• Love 16
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

If he has a job then Jill is in for a major reality check. She'll be alone all day long, with just her children around. No more eating in the car with Papa during lunchtime. She is the sole carer of the house.

She's what now, late 20s? Consider that to date, she has never ever experienced a normal average day like the rest of us. Getting up early, getting ready for work, perhaps taking care of children to get them ready, cooking, cleaning, doing a full day's work, then home to cook and do your bits. Not having the time to take a gazillion selfies for Instagram, drinking coffee all day long and doing nothing but shop and run around.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

And Derick needs to get over his tendency to be a perpetual student

Thankfully Israel and Samuel will be at school, including lunchtime, when the baby is born. Derick will still be able to help get the kids up in the morning. Israel should be able to dress himself and get ready for school. It think things would be a complete disaster if Jill had the three kids all day on her own. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Thankfully Israel and Samuel will be at school, including lunchtime, when the baby is born. Derick will still be able to help get the kids up in the morning. Israel should be able to dress himself and get ready for school. It think things would be a complete disaster if Jill had the three kids all day on her own. 

School lets out for the summer in May in AR, and the baby is due in July, so she'll be home alone with the three boys for at least the first month.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Deertick was also supposedly writing a "tell-all"....  lets see if that happens

I think the tell-all was a threat that went the way of the dodo after they reached a settlement with Jim Bob/TLC. I don't recall Derick mentioning it since they confirmed the settlement. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe Dereck can teach in a college. 

Teach what?

44 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I think the tell-all was a threat that went the way of the dodo after they reached a settlement with Jim Bob/TLC. I don't recall Derick mentioning it since they confirmed the settlement. 

I thought he made a couple more threats after the settlement.

I think the tell-all talk from Derick is sound and fury, signifying nothing. 🙃 He always seemed to threaten it on breaks when he was bored and got his feelings hurt. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think the tell-all talk from Derick is sound and fury, signifying nothing. 🙃 He always seemed to threaten it on breaks when he was bored and got his feelings hurt. 

Now that Derick allegedly has a job what will he do when his feelings get hurt? Hate raging on SM is unprofessional (in most fields, lol). Maybe he'll get Amy to do a few passive-aggressive bullshit posts for him. 📢

• LOL 8