Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Barb23 said:

My husband was the manager of a Rite Aid store out of college.  One year they had various pieces of different artificial Christmas trees laying around so someone got the idea of putting all the pieces together & adding them to the base section of a tree with tape & wire. They added lights, decorations & plenty of garland  & sold it as a Floor Model.  It didn't stay around long & the guy that bought it couldn't  have been happier. 

Is everyone ready for the Dillard's Christmas with Jill yelling "Yay" every few minutes along with asking the boys if they are happy,  if they like their gifts, if they are having fun, etc.? 

Cause they spent some effort on that tree.  I don’t see the Dullards making any effort on their own.   Maybe one of their sweet friends will help them out 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that a J-boy with Derick and the boys?

Looks like sinner twin to me.  I get the feeling that Derick doesn't have any big grudge against the other indentured servants, just their master.  We've seen Jill and the kids hand out with some of the other siblings.

I must say, Derick appears to be sticking to his guns when it comes to JB and Meechelle.  I didn't think he had it in him to keep the ban in place, especially at the holidays.

• Love 9

I think Derick is steering clear of JB because they have similar personalities--they get pissy and passive aggressive when angry--so he knows what is in store for him in JB's presence.

I also don't think Jill and Derick being on the gift exchange list means they're not estranged. Derick has publicly bashed JB and the family cash cow TLC and threatened to write a book. In the immortal words of one of my dad's old bosses who knew JB, you don't get between Jim Bob and a dollar. That's exactly what Derick, with his pissy ranting, appears to be trying to do--getting between JB and a lot of dollars. That's not going to sit well with Big Daddy Jim Bob, and it's not in him to play nice with Derick for his daughter's sake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Just to clarify: I think the gift exchange inclusion was keeping up appearances. I don't think Derick is welcome at the TTH and I think Jill is standing with him our of solidarity, which shocks me. But I think she is angry at her parents. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think Derick is steering clear of JB because they have similar personalities--they get pissy and passive aggressive when angry--so he knows what is in store for him in JB's presence.

I am loving that Jim Bob has no idea how to respond to someone he can’t fully control, and also to someone who has the power to hurt him, at least monetarily. 

I would also point out that maybe it’s Jill who created and is enforcing the ban.  It’s possible she may be developing a very nascent awareness of what effed up stuff went down during her childhood, and that her cartoonishly simple beliefs are not going to be enough much longer. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I hope that whatever's going on, Jill is okay with it. It makes me sad to think she wanted to spend Christmas with her family and Derick wouldn't allow it. This would've been the perfect year too, with Smuggar and his brood being out of town. 

That would make me sad too, but based on the books she's been talking about, I do think she is mad at her parents and probably was fine with not spending Christmas with them. I hope that it doesn't affect her relationship with her siblings since I do think she was genuinely close to some of them, especially the ones she was sister-mom to.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
On 12/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, Barb23 said:

My husband was the manager of a Rite Aid store out of college.  One year they had various pieces of different artificial Christmas trees laying around so someone got the idea of putting all the pieces together & adding them to the base section of a tree with tape & wire. They added lights, decorations & plenty of garland  & sold it as a Floor Model.  It didn't stay around long & the guy that bought it couldn't  have been happier. 

Is everyone ready for the Dillard's Christmas with Jill yelling "Yay" every few minutes along with asking the boys if they are happy,  if they like their gifts, if they are having fun, etc.? 

She usually asks the boys “Are you excited?” ad nauseam.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I hope that whatever's going on, Jill is okay with it. It makes me sad to think she wanted to spend Christmas with her family and Derick wouldn't allow it. This would've been the perfect year too, with Smuggar and his brood being out of town. 

Well in one of the pictures Jeremiah Duggar is sitting with Derick and Sam, so it sounds like Jeremiah spent Christmas with Jill and Derick rather than at TTH. So I don't think Jill is estranged from her whole family, and I also don't think Derick is keeping an edict on who Jill can see. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

The fact that J & D weren't at the TTH Christmas makes me believe there is some type of estrangement. But then again, they weren't with Cathy or Dan either.

Part of me thinks that Derick would try and make peace if Jill wanted it, so maybe Jill is onboard.

Can someone on IG show Jill 'concern'? She may actually respond.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well in one of the pictures Jeremiah Duggar is sitting with Derick and Sam, so it sounds like Jeremiah spent Christmas with Jill and Derick rather than at TTH. So I don't think Jill is estranged from her whole family, and I also don't think Derick is keeping an edict on who Jill can see. 

I don’t blame them for not wanting to be at the mad house !

• Love 7

I said this on Jessa's thread, but I don't think it's a huge problem that Jill has pulled back from her family on a large scale.  Sometimes that's what you have to do for your sanity.

My husband was please when we left our home state, in part, because it helped me pull back from my family.  We love my family, but it's a lot, and they expect a level of day to day involvement that is just not good for me.  Some of us younger ones have been able to pull back and stay close and even find a middle way, I can't.  I sort of admire Jill for being that close and still having an independence.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The fact that J & D weren't at the TTH Christmas makes me believe there is some type of estrangement. But then again, they weren't with Cathy or Dan either.

Part of me thinks that Derick would try and make peace if Jill wanted it, so maybe Jill is onboard.

Can someone on IG show Jill 'concern'? She may actually respond.

The fact they were seemingly apart from both families makes me lean further into the thought that Derrick may just be a malcontent type of personality.  There have been plenty of serious changes of direction, yet all seem to fall by the wayside rather quickly.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

The fact they were seemingly apart from both families makes me lean further into the thought that Derrick may just be a malcontent type of personality.  There have been plenty of serious changes of direction, yet all seem to fall by the wayside rather quickly.

I don't have a problem with a young family making their own holiday traditions. I doubt the folks at the TTH would even notice they're gone. But Cathy would. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't have a problem with a young family making their own holiday traditions. I doubt the folks at the TTH would even notice they're gone. But Cathy would. 

I don't have a problem with a young family making their own holiday traditions.  In a household where you have two young children who are not in preschool and spend most of their days home with a mom who seems rather lost, lonely and quite likely depressed maybe the traditions could have happened outside their walls somewhat and involved his mother and brother or possibly some friends from church or something.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

It looks like James to me, wasn't he the one in Jill's buddy group. He's also the one that chaperoned while theywere courting.

That's not James, but yes, he was Jill's buddy and chaperone. He hasn't appeared with Jill for quite a while, which makes me sad. He's frequently pictured holding other nieces and nephews (including Garrett in the Duggar pictures from yesterday); he'd probably be great with Sam and Izzy and could maybe give Jill some needed childcare help. But no...

• Love 2

Good for these two for attempting to live an independent life.  Something they might have achieved in DA if TLC had not foot the bill for all the unnecessary visits from family. And travel to endless weddings and such back in the States.

As an aside, would love to see any of these Duggar husbands or wives deal with what is the norm for military spouses. That is, dealing with everyday life alone, in a strange place, while spouse is on duty elsewhere.

• Love 13
On 12/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

I also remember that the top part of the tree looked like it belonged to a different tree,

Awwww......(for all you "Middle " fans out there)...that would be a Sue Sue Heck Xmas tree.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

JIll's haircut is great.

Jill putting her kids in danger, not so great. I honestly wonder if Derrick is upset and embarrassed by this. There had to be backlash on IG. I am a parent and I was honestly horrified. You can get a catastrophic brain injury from falling out of a golf cart, skateboard, bike ect. A car is no different. And toddlers aren't known for their listening, critical thinking or self control, so what if Izzy wanted to lean out the window and he fell? Even if the car was going 2 mph, he could have gotten seriously injured. I probably wouldn't have been as horrified ( but I still would not do it) if the kids were older and had more control/ability to listen. Sam is only 2!! 

I would be mortified that not only I am married to someone who actively endangers my kids, but also posts it on social media. The whole post was so juvenile and lacking in any sort of maturity that you would expect from someone in her 30's 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The brink of sanity? I think that's a wee bit exaggerated.

Omg he sounds JUST like a really dramatic ex that I had. He would make the biggest deal out of everything, and then end up repeating the "horrible" events that he had been a part of. Guess they weren't that bad, then! So over the top. He bought me a book once that had "I love you" printed a million times. I don't see Derick being the big gesture person, so this overly dramatic reply makes me see another side of his personality. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The brink of sanity? I think that's a wee bit exaggerated.

To Jill  it was all probably quite sane. To Derreck, an outsider, it was all likely too much.  Of course, he pursued that relationship with the Duggers for years, and basically married a Skype image of the perfect girl. It’s all on him. That post also confirms he’s going to write a drama queen tell all.  When being a lawyer in Arkansas ends up not being all it’s cracked up to be, and the tea is all spilled, what’s going to become their lives then? 

• Love 17

Boob did give them a house, and I'm sure Jill got a stipend from Boob like the rest of the adults who filmed feature events (ie. Jessa...we know she's getting paid). Jinger also seemed to h have almost $100k laying about to put down on the Laredo house.

Bottom line: they got paid. Maybe not as much as Derelict thinks they deserved, but they got paid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

To Jill  it was all probably quite sane. To Derreck, an outsider, it was all likely too much.  Of course, he pursued that relationship with the Duggers for years, and basically married a Skype image of the perfect girl. It’s all on him. That post also confirms he’s going to write a drama queen tell all.  When being a lawyer in Arkansas ends up not being all it’s cracked up to be, and the tea is all spilled, what’s going to become their lives then? 

Exactly. They Skyped and then hung out in Nepal for a week or so with JB. They were courting at the end of that week. Then he returns to the US and they get married. He didn’t know the Duggar’s well and probably very little more about Jill. He’s spent the past few years discovering the full scope of what he married into. Full disclosure came after the wedding. Sad. 😞 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Exactly. They Skyped and then hung out in Nepal for a week or so with JB. They were courting at the end of that week. Then he returns to the US and they get married. He didn’t know the Duggar’s well and probably very little more about Jill. He’s spent the past few years discovering the full scope of what he married into. Full disclosure came after the wedding. Sad. 😞 

Jill recently revealed that they courted for two weeks in Nepal, instead of one, but your point stands. I’m betting Derreck was more shocked about Josh than he let on.  I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t as depressed as Jill, but just  acts it out in a different way. 

Kind of ironic that Derek will insinuate his family’s mental health is on the brink of collapsing, yeah there is no licensed therapist, psychiatrist, or even qualified pastor to help them out with problems. At least none that we know of. All they seem to have as a wine mama MLM salesman, and maybe a few acquaintances of Derwood’s from school. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jill recently revealed that they courted for two weeks in Nepal, instead of one, but your point stands. I’m betting Derreck was more shocked about Josh than he let on.  I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t as depressed as Jill, but just  acts it out in a different way. 

Kind of ironic that Derek will insinuate his family’s mental health is on the brink of collapsing, yeah there is no licensed therapist, psychiatrist, or even qualified pastor to help them out with problems. At least none that we know of. All they seem to have as a wine mama MLM salesman, and maybe a few acquaintances of Derwood’s from school. 

And their “international friends”. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Whoa!!  D-wreck is laying it all out there. The family can’t be happy about it. 

Why just the Dillards “on the brink of sanity”, and not everyone else?

which part of filming specifically does he mean, I wonder- in DA attempting to be missionaries, the births, of just in general?

• Love 2