Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I assume Baby Dilly will be strong and healthy. However, what if he isn't?

This.  There are a multitude of newborn screening tests, mostly blood tests, that have to be performed within 24 hours of birth.  For example, a prolonged labor can leave a baby hypoglycemic  - it needs to be treated immediately, or the baby can be brain damaged and/or deaf.  Thyroid levels are also tested, and if the levels are low and untreated for more than a few weeks, the baby will have permanent developmental delays.    Who will perform these tests on Dilly?

Yes, I think there was something wrong with the umbilical cord? I remember there being a huge lump in it, which looked really scary to me, but I really don't know much about this type of thing.

The umbilical cord can easily develop a knot, or get wrapped around the baby's neck during labor.   The result is compromised oxygen to the baby's brain.

• Love 1

I noticed they totally (!) edited scenes of Jill's midwife training this season. She was shown with a stethoscope around her neck, talking about increased responsibility and 'making more decisions', etc. All done to make it look like she's more knowledgeable/experienced than she is. Attending births is fine and dandy, but she's got no certification and hasn't flown solo. It was edited to make her look like some kind of L&D student nurse, weeks away from graduation. Uh, no, misrepresentation for the cameras, like, totally!

If the baby comes one Easter can they name it Judas? A J-name that's not taken!

I just realized the birthing pool will need a splash zone for the first 2 rows, like Sea World.

I'm slow clapping for the Sea World comment. Of all the gross Duggar things we talk about, the idea of being splashed with Jilly Muffin's birth water is one of the worst.

• Love 8

Random thought... but I bought a salmon steak tonight and was also buying lemon and dill to go with it. I completely cracked up in the grocery store when I turned around with Dill in my hand and some guy who looked a LOT like Derick happened to be standing there. I think the only lesson learned was I've watched too much 19 Kids, but it was pretty funny.

I'm waiting for the day. I'm a vendor at a store that has had a lot of Jill & Derick sightings (hint: world's largest retailer). I'll be posting here as soon as I see them of course! :)

• Love 1

After a home birth, has a Duggar baby spent any time in the hospital? Or does the baby just remain at home? I don't know why I don't know this, LOL. My 2nd child was born at home. It was not on purpose, labor came and there was no way I was getting down the stairs to the car. She was born before the ambulance arrived. My husband was on the phone with 911 while a great friend of mine delivered my daughter. She had to turn her around after she was born because the cord was around her neck (not tightly). All was well and we were both transported to the hospital. My daughter spent 24 hours in isolation because she was born at home. (This was 25 years ago so perhaps it's considered differently now?)

Facebook pickles and hairspray has a photo of an ambulance outside Jill's place. Someone commented that having an ambulance on standby is a prerequisite for a home birth. I'm in Calif. and have never heard of that. The ambulance companies around here charge an arm and a leg and it would be ridiculously expensive to keep one tied up that way. Anyhow, just thought the posters here would like this tidbit.

• Love 8

Have any of the Duggar women said why they want a home birth?

I assume it's because their homes are set up for cameras/filming, whereas a hospital is not. Furthermore, hospitals would not be likely to permit filming.

• Love 1

I hope the ambulance is because Jill had 1 contraction, flipped out, and wanted an epidural. There were no other cars in the pic I saw posted, so maybe she left home? Derrick might have been at work.

The explosion and baby Dilly both happening on the same day will make for a good episode, and higher ratings.

• Love 3

Hospitals allowed Josie's birth, not to mention all the other kids from Jackson on down.

Pickles stole that pic. Whenever someone sends her somethning, she thanks them by name. When she doesn't, it means she stole the image (then watermarked it as her own!), like she did with the Benessa image that she stole from FJ last week.

I can't see an ambulance on standby. They had to call 911 during one of the homebirths shown on camera, so no ambulance on standby then. I'm afraid that the Big Duggar Head strikes again.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I hope Jill is okay although I'm slightly freaked out over the creepy stalker shot of the back of Jill's house. Are her neighbors hiding out in the woods or something?

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past anyone. It's a small town, where gossip runs rampant, and the Duggars being national probably makes the local small-town gossipers salivate. I also wouldn't put it past people to drive all the way down just to gawk and take pictures in front of any of their properties. Their address is on the website, for heaven's sake.

I just checked and it's 5 minutes to the closest hospital, Mercy, in Rogers. 

(eta: I didn't have the exact street address, too lazy, but hell, they called the house Stoney Brook all the time!) 

Edited by Sew Sumi

a "paramedic" commented on pickles  "ambulances are usually only called to a homebirth when an emergency transfer to a hospital is required. Frankly this isn't a good sign. A standby ambulance wouldn't make much sense even for filming purposes, but it definitely would not have its red lights on. That rig is in emergency mode."

hope all is well with jill and baby dilly.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 4

I think I'd rather someone slipped or tripped than Jill had major complications during labor.  If a daughter of mine looked like Jill I'd be encouraging her to deliver at the hospital just for safety's sake though.  

Wow this is scary. Hope all is well.

Agreed. Even if it's not Jill, it could have been Josie seizing again. Hope it's not serious. I snark on them endlessly but I want them to be okay. Edit: Whoops it's at the Dillard house, not TTH. Still could be serious for someone other than Jill.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

Pickles is reporting that no one left with the ambuance.

Did they get another car???

Like everyone else I hope there's no legitimate emergency or real need for the ambulance at Jill's house. But we better not find out it was a 'John Doofus & Friends' stunt either. "Let's run by my sister's house & leave the red lights on for a while..." As feeble as he seems to be, I really hope he's not THAT feeble. However, if that turns out to be the case, that's got to be grounds for IMMEDIATE dismissal for any official/unofficial municipal positions he holds - maybe even additional charges as well.

• Love 5

Like everyone else I hope there's no legitimate emergency or real need for the ambulance at Jill's house. But we better not find out it was a 'John Doofus & Friends' stunt either. "Let's run by my sister's house & leave the red lights on for a while..." As feeble as he seems to be, I really hope he's not THAT feeble. However, if that turns out to be the case, that's got to be grounds for IMMEDIATE dismissal for any official/unofficial municipal positions he holds - maybe even additional charges as well.

At first I was thinking the same thing jD just having fun but they live in Rogers which is not close.

Edited by Fuzzysox

I guess it depends on what "only a matter of minutes' means.  Even if they came because of the birth and Jill and the baby were ok, they would have been there longer than that. They would check the baby out (assuming it was the baby that caused the concern) fill out some paper work, review things for a while etc. I was at a home birth that went that way. Everything was fine with the baby but the ambulance had been called when there was a concern. The paramedics completely agreed the baby was fine but they still did a significant amount to checking etc to be safe. That takes longer than a matter of minutes. This is true any time an ambulance is called. If there is any potential medical situation they don't just leave immediately. They check and verify. 

Of course we are taking the updates from someone who thought it was appropriate to take pictures from some stalker position behind the house so maybe it should all be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 6

However, if that turns out to be the case, that's got to be grounds for IMMEDIATE dismissal for any official/unofficial municipal positions he holds - maybe even additional charges as well.

He used a cop car in a music video, and wasn't punished.

Maybe it was false labor. Good thoughts to Jill.

Black SUV is probably the midwife's, or possibly Jana's loaner. Derick likely parks in the garage. 

Duggar Official posted around 4:45 AR time that it was "so close" with a pic of Jill holding baby socks (likely taken at one of her showers). So, she's definitely in labor. Hopefully, everything is going well, and she wasn't taken away. Given that the SUV remained in the stalker's second shot, I think Jill is still at the McMansion.

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be nice if they opted not to film the birth for the show?  It would be a nice sign of independence.  The presence of only one car gives me some faint hope on that front.

• Love 4

Wouldn't it be nice if they opted not to film the birth for the show?  It would be a nice sign of independence.  The presence of only one car gives me some faint hope on that front.

I was just thinking this same thing. If Jill really is in labor (or was and has now delivered) the picture makes it appear as if there were no cameras or crew. That would make me happy. 

Now... I would be really happy if Jessa isn't pregnant. 

• Love 1

Do midwives test for gestational diabetes? I had that with my first (and find out Friday if I have it again this time) and it automatically put me in the high risk pregnancy category. I'm curious if Jill (or any Duggar using a midwife) would even be tested.

Do midwives test for gestational diabetes? I had that with my first (and find out Friday if I have it again this time) and it automatically put me in the high risk pregnancy category. I'm curious if Jill (or any Duggar using a midwife) would even be tested.

Mine did and it disqualifies for home birth. I don't know of any midwives who don't but I have only dealt with licensed midwives.

• Love 2

I don't judge any birth plan a woman chooses - if you want give birth at home, great!, if you want to go to a hospital, great!. Just do your research and choose a plan that is best for you and your family.

I hope Jill has/had a safe delivery!

• Love 8

I had hoped that Derrick would put his foot down abt filmed births, but lately I think he's too intimidated or scared of JB, to rule his own roost.

The moment Derick accepted the house on Stonybrook, I said goodbye to his balls. To me, leaving and cleaving isn't getting married and living in Daddy's other house practically rent free & furnished. JB is clever, I'll give him that, to furnish his children with homes in order to keep them and their spouses beholden to him and under his control.

When we saw JD & Michelle on the excavator digging up dirt I was thinking it looked like it was possible they were digging to build a house for future Jericks and Benessas.

• Love 3

The moment Derick accepted the house on Stonybrook, I said goodbye to his balls. To me, leaving and cleaving isn't getting married and living in Daddy's other house practically rent free & furnished. JB is clever, I'll give him that, to furnish his children with homes in order to keep them and their spouses beholden to him and under his control.

When we saw JD & Michelle on the excavator digging up dirt I was thinking it looked like it was possible they were digging to build a house for future Jericks and Benessas.

Plus he furnishes them with homes etc when they are still really young and don't see the strings attached to such a situation. At that age many of us were still taking help from our parents: a loan for the security deposit/down payment, money for a couch, etc. Getting started stuff. But when you let them buy you a house that they choose..... you are stuck.

• Love 2

JB initially didn't buy the house with Jill in mind, but as an investment to turn over and re-sell. But you're right, they're stuck. And for Jill, at least, she's happily stuck bc she thinks she's living an autonomous life and for her this is what independent life looks like. JB is a great puppet master. Now that Jerick has a kid, more will follow quickly which strengthens JB's tethers. It would take something or someone outside the Duggar vice grip to offer an opportunity of liberty beyond the boundary of JB's control, much like we've seen for Josh & Anna.

• Love 1

JB initially didn't buy the house with Jill in mind, but as an investment to turn over and re-sell. But you're right, they're stuck. And for Jill, at least, she's happily stuck bc she thinks she's living an autonomous life and for her this is what independent life looks like. JB is a great puppet master. Now that Jerick has a kid, more will follow quickly which strengthens JB's tethers. It would take something or someone outside the Duggar vice grip to offer an opportunity of liberty beyond the boundary of JB's control, much like we've seen for Josh & Anna.

probably my favorite scene ever is the look on MEchelle and Jim Boobs face when Smugger and Anna announce they are moving to DC. Hopefully we will see many more of those looks in the future!
  • Love 8