Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Perfectly stated! The "high road" JBoob & MEchelle think they are on, is as fake as everything else about them!

Those two are a real piece of work. They exploited there kids on TV! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 10

Jill is promoting her book on IG and FB. She and Derick made a trip to NY to the publishers and got to see the book, not sure what else they were doing in NY but a friend came with them to help with the baby. She posted a story on IG showing the ghost writer opening his box with copies of the book. It was part of an IG post made  https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw5vglOr4VS/  I wonder when Jinger is going promote Jill's book like Jill did hers. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

This article made me even more disgusted with JB, which is quite remarkable as I was already appalled by him. I thought he raised his girls to respect the “headship” of their husbands, but I guess that only applies if the husband wants them to obey their dear old dad JB. 

Yeah, the husbands are suppose to obey JB too.

• Like 12
  • Sad 6

What a horrible position Jill was put in. It must have been torture for her. What's sad is neither of her headships would compromise on her behalf. And Michelle - what was she doing, feeding JB lines and then offering comfort to Jill?

I really wish Derick was a good guy, so then I could be 100% happy for Jill, but Derick has shown everyone how awful and ugly he is. However I guess if Jill and most of her siblings grew up happy under the thumb of JB&M, Jill can likely be happy under Derick's rule.

Lets hope Jill can soon make the connection enforcing instant obedience in kids implicitly teaches them to have unquestioning respect of authority as adults, so she will stop the cycle with her own kids. 

• Like 20
12 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I wonder when Jinger is going promote Jill's book like Jill did hers. 

Jinger's book was primarily about her relationship with God.  She said very little about her family, but did bash the religion her parents adopted, then raised them in.  She may show support, but she doesn't owe it to Jill in a tit-for-tat.  

Derrick's book is a hatchet job on everything and everyone.  It's vengeance on Jim Bob, pure & simple.  I doubt many of the family will do more than possibly praise Jill for being "strong" and "facing adversity". 

If they even do that. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
36 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm a little concerned that Jill and Derick are sitting across from one another, rather than side by side. I hope there's not trouble in paradise!

With their passionless kissing? You don’t say! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 15
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Jinger's book was primarily about her relationship with God.  She said very little about her family, but did bash the religion her parents adopted, then raised them in.  She may show support, but she doesn't owe it to Jill in a tit-for-tat.  

Derrick's book is a hatchet job on everything and everyone.  It's vengeance on Jim Bob, pure & simple.  I doubt many of the family will do more than possibly praise Jill for being "strong" and "facing adversity". 

If they even do that. 

Have you already read Jill’s book?

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I may be using one of my bday gift cards with Amazon to get her book.  DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!  HA!

I have a $25 gift card from Barnes and Noble because I have their credit card and spent a certain amount..... now I'm tempted. 

ETA, it is $28.99 and I would have to pay shipping, so I think I'll wait on the library copy. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'm first in line at the library when it's released.

I'm 6th. Interesting that the first person is our library director's wife who is also a library director (and one of my former managers). I'll have to reach out to her. I know she likes gossipy things like this. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I may be using one of my bday gift cards with Amazon to get her book.  DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!  HA!

I think I will use the free audible book they keep offering from Amazon !  Sshhh !

On 9/6/2023 at 6:03 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

And when you get there, fuck off some more.

He's just a big piece of shit.

• LOL 5

I wonder if they will share the contents of the letter.

But wow... Proud of Jill and this book seems like it will be opposite of Jingers. Wonder what the ending will be. 

I also am torn on how I feel. On the one hand, people have to set boundaries against people like JB. I understand that. But with Derick's influence it feels less like a boundary and more like a complete, unreconcilable break from her entire family. And I worry about Derick's influence - all the time.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 8

Well, that was something. Makes me wonder what kind of conversations they had when Michelle was staying with the them to help with Freddie after Jill also had gallbladder surgery?  

People also had another article about Jill calling IBLP cultish (Derick saying it is a cult).  https://people.com/why-jill-duggar-dillard-considers-her-family-church-a-cult-exclusive-7966990

Edited by auntieminem
typo
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1

Well, full credit to everyone involved here, including People, posters alerting me to this article, Jill, and the presumably soon-to-be-laid-off Simon & Schuster marketing department*: you convinced me to reserve a copy at the local library!

(does so)

56th in line for the ebook. 

(* before anyone asks, not because the marketing department is doing anything wrong here - with 56 people waiting to read the ebook, they are clearly doing something right - or because of anything any of the Duggars are doing, but because as I previously mentioned, the venture capital firm that destroyed Toys R Us just bought Simon & Schuster, and it's a safe bet that numerous layoffs are coming over the next few months.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 11
1 hour ago, quarks said:

Well, full credit to everyone involved here, including People, posters alerting me to this article, Jill, and the presumably soon-to-be-laid-off Simon & Schuster marketing department*: you convinced me to reserve a copy at the local library!

(does so)

56th in line for the ebook. 

(* before anyone asks, not because the marketing department is doing anything wrong here - with 56 people waiting to read the ebook, they are clearly doing something right - or because of anything any of the Duggars are doing, but because as I previously mentioned, the venture capital firm that destroyed Toys R Us just bought Simon & Schuster, and it's a safe bet that numerous layoffs are coming over the next few months.)

When I heard about the Simon and Schuster deal I figured that's why Jill isn't getting the publicity that Jinger got. They're already cutting back. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
39 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

When I heard about the Simon and Schuster deal I figured that's why Jill isn't getting the publicity that Jinger got. They're already cutting back. 

Simon & Schuster started cutting back in 2021 to make themselves look more attractive to a potential buyer, and haven't really stopped since. The new owners, however, are notorious for making far worse, deeper cuts, so, yeah, I'm expecting more layoffs.

That said, to be entirely fair to Jill and the presumably soon to be unemployed marketing team at Simon & Schuster, I'm not entirely sure that Jinger did get the same amount of publicity that Jill is about to get, as various media outlets grab the People "exclusive" and start reporting it. The Daily Beast and at least one Fox News outlet have already picked it up. It's possible that a savvy person at Simon & Schuster read that one bit, and thought that would be enough to sell the book.

Alternatively, it's quite possible that someone at Simon & Schuster realized that the Shiny Happy People documentary was already doing quite a lot of marketing - at Amazon's expense - for them, and/or decided that the presale numbers - whatever they are - didn't justify doing much more beyond setting up the local bookstore signings, this People exclusive thing, and presumably a few other things over the next week or so. 

Amazon currently has Jill's book ranked 50 in Books, 580 at Kindle, so it's selling at Amazon, at least. (Jinger's book is currently at 3356 in Books, 20,563 at Kindle, which isn't bad for a book that's been out for several months.) 

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

@quarks mentioned Anna now knowing Jill's statement, pedophile brother, is in People Magazine and Jill's book for all to read. This made me wonder how all the siblings are feeling. Are they seeing JB&M for the assholes they are? Do they agree Josh is scum? Are they shocked Jill called out their dad? Or are they feeling defensive and are angry with Jill?

Also, Jill said this was a side of JB she hadn't seen. Have any of the siblings experienced this side of JB?

I wonder if in the book Jill goes into the dynamics of the family prior to the fallout.

These excerpts are surprising and obviously make me more curious, but I'm still have no plans to read the book - for now anyway.

• Like 9

I've preordered the Kindle edition. I believe it drops on Tuesday. I don't mind giving Jill whatever pennies she'll receive from my purchase. I haven't read the excerpt linked above and probably will not, and just wait till I have the whole book in my hands on my iPad Kindle app. 

I hope she lets it rip!

• Like 20

Jill's book is now at #11 in Books and #289 in Kindle over at Amazon.

Marketing this through Shiny Happy People and People magazine does seem to have been effective for Amazon sales, at least.

In terms of the other siblings, I'd imagine there's some mixed feelings and different reactions all around. None of them seem to like Josh and Jill isn't/wasn't the only one to speak out against him publicly, but it's one thing to speak out against a brother who was convicted in federal court of pretty disturbing crimes, and another to speak out against parents who may still be providing you financial or other support - like childcare.

Someone like a Lauren Duggar, who by all appearances doesn't seem to like Josh or putting her life/small children out on social media, may very well be quietly thinking, you go, Jill. Someone like a Jessa Duggar, who just rather ineptly tried to announce a pregnancy to divert attention away from the People articles, may have very different feelings. 

• Like 19
32 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I've preordered the Kindle edition. I believe it drops on Tuesday. I don't mind giving Jill whatever pennies she'll receive from my purchase. I haven't read the excerpt linked above and probably will not, and just wait till I have the whole book in my hands on my iPad Kindle app. 

I hope she lets it rip!

I did too. I had no intention of buying Jill's book, figuring it would be as boring as Jinger's (which I didn't buy), but seeing the excerpt in People where she called Josh a pedophile to JB & Meech's faces, piqued my interest. So I ordered it!

• Like 22

Honestly, I didn't think Jill had that in her.  She has tried to be so diplomatic publicly.  JB must have really pushed her over the edge to get that reaction.

I do hope all of this is Jill's choice to go public and not just Derick pushing her to spill it all.  Derick has a vendetta against JB which is understandable, but he needs to realize that he is hurting Jill probably more than JB.  I hope this book finally gets him to move on and live his life rather than staying mired in his anger.

I do wonder about the sibling reaction.  There's 17 people there (not counting the felon) and most are adults.  Some are still dependent on JB, but as much as he might like to, he can't control their private thoughts.  There has to be some different feelings with that many people involved.  Despite JB's attempt to create a bunch of little robots, that's just not how human beings work.  He can muzzle them with financial control, but some may hold a private space where they despise him and are glad Jill was able to make this public.

• Like 23
  • Love 1