Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

The open packages of cheap Walmart snacks, paper plates, plastic containers and randomness of the "menu" completely destroys the whole concept.  Looks like crap to me.  Idiots. 

They will NEVER get it right. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

ADF0CEAC-B4FC-4B38-BF55-823CA49386E4.jpeg

4372D835-050B-414E-B01C-9E20D855D608.jpeg

Screen shots and I cropped the pics.

The food looked good to me lol.

That's a lot of really good looking food and treats.  I wouldn't mind having or serving any of it.

• Like 24

I give her points for not layering moist-type foods on top of other foods. It gives me the heebie jeebies when people do that, and some of the family was posting get-together food pics like that a while ago. I full-body cringed as I typed this and relived those pictures in my mind's eye. I might go dry-heave now. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I give her points for not layering moist-type foods on top of other foods. It gives me the heebie jeebies when people do that, and some of the family was posting get-together food pics like that a while ago. I full-body cringed as I typed this and relived those pictures in my mind's eye. I might go dry-heave now. 

Moist is my least favorite word “shudders”

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Jill's garden is huge. I wonder if she's donating any to food pantries or shelters in the area?

I truly hope she is able to come out the other side of all she's going through with strength, healing and peace.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's garden is huge. I wonder if she's donating any to food pantries or shelters in the area?

I truly hope she is able to come out the other side of all she's going through with strength, healing and peace.

What is Jill going through? I haven't seen her stories.

• Like 6
On 7/30/2023 at 9:20 AM, SnapHappy said:

The open packages of cheap Walmart snacks, paper plates, plastic containers and randomness of the "menu" completely destroys the whole concept.  Looks like crap to me.  Idiots. 

Looks like the way my family does it and the food tastes fine. 

On 7/30/2023 at 1:48 PM, Sweetpea12 said:

The food might 'look' OK, but you couldn't pay me enough money to eat it off of Jill's table.  YUCK!

The food is on a cutting board not directly on the table at least as far as I can tell on my phone. Anything on the table seems to be in bags.

• Like 24
17 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Looks like the way my family does it and the food tastes fine. 

The food is on a cutting board not directly on the table at least as far as I can tell on my phone. Anything on the table seems to be in bags.

And when it comes to eating at the Rods', whether or not the presentation is up to snuff, eating out of the bags might be a safer bet. Though, come to think about it, there were probably more than a few messy fingers rummaging through the chips and such already 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

What is Jill going through? I haven't seen her stories.

She doesn't name anything. I'm guessing she's dealing with a lot in regard to SHP and her upcoming book. 

• Like 3
On 7/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, oliviabenson said:

ADF0CEAC-B4FC-4B38-BF55-823CA49386E4.jpeg

4372D835-050B-414E-B01C-9E20D855D608.jpeg

Screen shots and I cropped the pics.

The food looked good to me lol.

I would happily eat it! 

Jill's garden is really big. Good for her! I hope that the kids get to eat all that healthy food too. Izzy likes to cook doesn't he? They say when kids help in the kitchen, they tend to eat better. 

• Like 14
On 7/30/2023 at 9:20 AM, SnapHappy said:

There's nothing wrong in serving and eating the snacks as shown, but to photograph and post it as though it is appealing in some way is where it goes off the rails.  If I was going to immortalize a snack spread, I'd serve in attractive containers, rather than scatter the original bags and plastic containers.  So, I agree that they NEVER get it right.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

This was Jill Dillard not JRod.  She at least feeds her kids and visitors.  

Oops. Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to keep the Jills straight. Though I'm not sure, in this particular scenario, that it makes all that much difference.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oops. Sorry. Sometimes it's hard to keep the Jills straight. Though I'm not sure, in this particular scenario, that it makes all that much difference.

If that was JillPM posting, that spread is much more than the entire Rodlets collectively eat in a month. 😪

• Like 8
  • Sad 9
  • LOL 2
On 7/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, Jeeves said:

I'm not at all expert in these matters, but I believe that these days a publisher expects an author to be actively involved in promoting their book. I can't slam Jinger or Jill for diligently - or relentlessly - promoting their books. They're basically just doing their job. 

In the "old days," authors tried to get as many bookstore appearances as they could, when they had a new book out. The better-selling authors were taken around on multi-city tours to make those appearances. I have a few fond memories from the 90's of attending appearances at indie bookstores by authors whose novels I really liked. 

The internet and social media have changed the world in so many ways. Including putting more of the promotional work in the authors' hands.

You're right, it's part of the job.  Friend just had a book published and she said that she's contractually obligated to post to social media.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

They've got a really nice grassy yard for having a 50-something pound dog running around.  That hasn't been seen in a few months.  

Big dogs aren't usually known for being so tidy & considerate.  I guess that Petco class paid off.    

• Like 4
16 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

They've got a really nice grassy yard for having a 50-something pound dog running around.  That hasn't been seen in a few months.  

Big dogs aren't usually known for being so tidy & considerate.  I guess that Petco class paid off.    

All the people I know with large dogs (including myself) have grassy yards. I don’t quite follow- do most big dogs dig up the grass? (I inherited my dog as a senior so I’m not sure)

Given Jill is very bohemian and loves nature I can see her getting a lot of pleasure from her yard and garden, and they live in a climate that they can  enjoy it most of the year. 

• Like 16

So Jill’s friend Heather that just passed away was the sister of Duggar attorney Travis Story.  Jill posted a link to the obituary and Heather appears to have been involved in a number of things,  mostly church related but she sounded like a caring person. Way too young with 4 kids. Maybe her husband could be a match for Jana?

Edited by ozziemom
Name fix
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

All the people I know with large dogs (including myself) have grassy yards. I don’t quite follow- do most big dogs dig up the grass? (I inherited my dog as a senior so I’m not sure)

I've heard that dogs repeatedly peeing on grass will kill it, but I have no idea how true that is...I've heard it from people who are so particular about their lawns that they can differentiate species of grass at a hundred paces.

It's unlikely that Jill and Derick  bother taking the dog out on walks and pick up after it when they have a yard. And if the dog hasn't been seen in a while, and it's true that dog-pee=dead grass...could be another disappearing Dugger pet situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I've heard that dogs repeatedly peeing on grass will kill it, but I have no idea how true that is...I've heard it from people who are so particular about their lawns that they can differentiate species of grass at a hundred paces.

It's unlikely that Jill and Derick  bother taking the dog out on walks and pick up after it when they have a yard. And if the dog hasn't been seen in a while, and it's true that dog-pee=dead grass...could be another disappearing Dugger pet situation.

Ah thank you, that makes sense. I have a yard but I live in the city, so a “city sized yard” means everyone I know with a big dog takes it on regular walks. 

Didn’t Fenna live in a dog house in the yard?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's true, especially females because they squat over the grass while the males lift their leg and pee against fences, etc so it doesn't hit the ground in large concentrations.  There's a lot of nitrogen in dog pee and it kills the grass.  You can get stuff to spread on the grass to counteract it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
24 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So Jill’s friend Jennifer that just passed away was the sister of Duggar attorney Travis Story.  Jill posted a link to the obituary and Jennifer appears to have been involved in a number of things,  mostly church related but she sounded like a caring person. Way too young with 4 kids. Maybe her husband could be a match for Jana?

The woman who passed away was Heather, not Jennifer.

• Useful 1

Anyone else think its a bit tacky to tack a death notice on the end of a shill reel? Is it possible on IG to delete the beginning and do the death notice solo? If so that would have felt more appropriate to me.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

It's true, especially females because they squat over the grass while the males lift their leg and pee against fences, etc so it doesn't hit the ground in large concentrations.  There's a lot of nitrogen in dog pee and it kills the grass.  You can get stuff to spread on the grass to counteract it.

My male dog is a squatter.  No idea why.  I hope they haven't gotten rid of her!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

Well if the male pees on the lamppost or mailbox  like Ozzie does, the paint chips off. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My male dog is a squatter.  No idea why.  I hope they haven't gotten rid of her!

I had a friend whose female dog always lifted her leg and she had to mark every tree and bush in the neighborhood.  
I just hope Fenna is OK and still a member of the family. 

• Like 3

I have had dogs male and female since '83 and the only thing that caused problems with grass in the yard was from two that liked to run the fence, the rest of the yard was fine despite peeing. Just because she is not in pictures doesn't mean she is no longer in family. Jill still shows her in the section as part of the family. The last post, I think was several weeks ago when Jill took her on a walk with her and Freddie.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

My granddog, female, squats while lifting one leg. Then when she's done she wipes her feet.

I hope Fenna has a lot of attention and is well loved whether she's still a Dillard or has been re-homed.

• Like 6
On 8/1/2023 at 7:15 AM, Snow Fairy said:

One of her friends/acquaintances (they were pregnant at the same time, her last pregnancy) died of cancer

I just read her obituary and clicked on the attached link for the GoFundMe that is meant to support her surviving children and husband.

The GFM goal amount is one million dollars.

• Mind Blown 20
36 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I just read her obituary and clicked on the attached link for the GoFundMe that is meant to support her surviving children and husband.

I was dumbfounded when I saw that. Granted, the husband quit his job to work for his wife's influencer gig, but hey, I am sure he's qualified to do *something*. 

• Like 10
10 hours ago, Bridget said:

The GoFundMe wasn’t set up for the family. It was set up to give to three charities the deceased was involved with.

9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I was dumbfounded when I saw that. Granted, the husband quit his job to work for his wife's influencer gig, but hey, I am sure he's qualified to do *something*. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 8

That's still pretty tacky to me. Whatever happened to just noting where people can do memorial donations? I feel so old clutching my pearls over this, but there it is. Now everyone can get off my lawn. :) 

• Like 16
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That's still pretty tacky to me. Whatever happened to just noting where people can do memorial donations? I feel so old clutching my pearls over this, but there it is. Now everyone can get off my lawn. :) 

I'm chasing people off my lawn as well.  I am sick of GoFundMe culture at this point.  Whatever happens, someone has set up a GoFundMe page.  In this instance, I'm particularly leery because as stated, someone could just list the charities the woman supported and tell people they could make memorial donations themselves.  That's certainly what my mother and I did when people asked if there was some place my father would have liked people to donate to when he passed away.  GoFundMe doesn't check to ensure the money goes to where the fundraiser says it's going, so I can see some skimming off the top happening.  That's why I don't give to GoFundMe appeals unless I know the person really well and know the money will go to the stated cause or goal.  And for charities, I give directly to the charity rather than someone's fundraising page.

• Like 8
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1