Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But, hey! Buy my book!

Er, yes. I realize that Jill has had time management issues in the past, but this post seems to me to be less about a real problem happening right now, and more about getting engagement on the post and potentially increasing its visibility - thus helping her sell her book.

She's not pointing to a specific issue/incident, after all - she's keeping things very vague, and following the textbook recommendations to increase engagement - sound cheerful, ask questions, add hashtags - but no more than ten.

And she very carefully tags Simon and Schuster into this at the end there. 

So I don't think this is a time management issue at all. It's someone else prodding her to promote her book. 

• Like 18

The sad thing is, is the Dillards think homeschooling is an okay option.

If the are only keeping them home due to Duggar time, they have options. Enroll them in a before school program and have Derick drop them off. Or have them sleep in their school clothes, have an easy self-serve breakfast waiting for them and then Jill just needs to get them to the bus stop or drive them to school. Or car pool with another family. Or, and this is a big or, Jill could just get her ass out of bed and get her boys to school.

• Like 16
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Typical parent and kids live 9 months by schedule, 3 months with none. I actually felt that was the perfect balance when I was a stay-at-home mom.

Same here. I chose to be a stay at home mom while all three of our kids were growing up ( then never did go back to work, but I think it was still an advantage to be able to be home for them through their high school years, and by the time we got to be truly empty nesters, it hardly seemed worth trying to go back.

One of the coolest times was when we were stationed in San Diego, and were renting a house in Rancho Bernardo, only about a 10 minute drive to the Wild Animal Park. With a season pass, we were sometimes there several times a week, and there was always something new to see and learn. And our house had a pool, so the kids could all just go jump in at a moments notice.

I'll admit that, left to my own devices, I tend to revert to something very much like Duggar time, but it was never that big of a stretch to get the kids up and out of the door for school every day. I do hope that Jill agrees to have them go back in the fall, when, one supposes, she will have acclimatized to her new surroundings and having three children. I do suspect that Derick would be in favor.

• Like 13

Jill is definitely looking for follower engagement with the almost daily posts, all with links to their book. But she probably does actually need help figuring out what to do with herself and the kids everyday while Derick is at work. She’s used to having another adult around - both her parents were always home - and this is the first time in awhile that Derick is away M-F for most of the day.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Same here. I chose to be a stay at home mom while all three of our kids were growing up ( then never did go back to work, but I think it was still an advantage to be able to be home for them through their high school years, and by the time we got to be truly empty nesters, it hardly seemed worth trying to go back.

One of the coolest times was when we were stationed in San Diego, and were renting a house in Rancho Bernardo, only about a 10 minute drive to the Wild Animal Park. With a season pass, we were sometimes there several times a week, and there was always something new to see and learn. And our house had a pool, so the kids could all just go jump in at a moments notice.

I'll admit that, left to my own devices, I tend to revert to something very much like Duggar time, but it was never that big of a stretch to get the kids up and out of the door for school every day. I do hope that Jill agrees to have them go back in the fall, when, one supposes, she will have acclimatized to her new surroundings and having three children. I do suspect that Derick would be in favor.

you would be shocked to hear how expensive that place has gotten! i was going to take my grand-kids there last month but to just get in the door for one kid was $70 -- before snacks and souvenirs! that is a huge increase. we used to love going there and walking around.

• Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 1

Jill often tries to engage with her followers even pre-book. More so than her sisters and she will make an effort to respond to a few. Promoting the book kicks it up a level. She always responds nicely and ignores the negative. Derick could learn a few things from her about engaging/not engaging from her. 

• Like 18

I want to know who Dan thinks his haters are.  He's the brother of a guy who married a Z-list reality person.  Why does Dan think anyone cares enough about him to be a hater?

As for Jill, she is following whatever she has been told about shilling her book.  She is pretty artless about it because she really doesn't have the kind of content where putting a book plug at the end is just taken in stride.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
On 7/2/2023 at 11:47 PM, GeeGolly said:

The sad thing is, is the Dillards think homeschooling is an okay option.

If the are only keeping them home due to Duggar time, they have options. Enroll them in a before school program and have Derick drop them off. Or have them sleep in their school clothes, have an easy self-serve breakfast waiting for them and then Jill just needs to get them to the bus stop or drive them to school. Or car pool with another family. Or, and this is a big or, Jill could just get her ass out of bed and get her boys to school.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:05 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'll admit that, left to my own devices, I tend to revert to something very much like Duggar time, but it was never that big of a stretch to get the kids up and out of the door for school every day. 

Besides this we should not forget that now there are a lot of services that help with studies, such as https://edubirdie.com/assignment-help this chair is nice, because many schoolchildren and students use it and evolve much faster, I think it also has some negative effects as it decreases the meaning of studies, but on the other hand it saves a lot of time that the person doing their studies can use elsewhere.

I do hope that Jill agrees to have them go back in the fall, when, one supposes, she will have acclimatized to her new surroundings and having three children. I do suspect that Derick would be in favor.

Actually this is everyone's choice, I think both options are correct, because as there are bad schools there are also parents who raise children instead of bad school and vice versa.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I have questions   Since jill doesn’t like talking about the abuse, when did Amy learn about it ?

She said she found out while watching the news.

• Useful 1

I'm sure (though she denies it) Amy and Deanna were privy to all the rumors that have been circulating in their area starting shortly after it all happened, in addition to all the information the tabloids, Duggars and police records made public.

I read part of an interview Amy did. She said something like, Josh knew better than to mess with me. Really Amy? Now you're victim blaming too?!

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure (though she denies it) Amy and Deanna were privy to all the rumors that have been circulating in their area starting shortly after it all happened,

My thought too. But that wouldn’t fit Amy’s “script”. I didn’t know, I had no idea…….he told me he would have never done it to ME, when I asked him……on and freaking on.

• Like 9
(edited)
On 7/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure (though she denies it) Amy and Deanna were privy to all the rumors that have been circulating in their area starting shortly after it all happened, in addition to all the information the tabloids, Duggars and police records made public.

I read part of an interview Amy did. She said something like, Josh knew better than to mess with meReally Amy? Now you're victim blaming too?!

I don't see how this is victim blaming? Amy is older than Josh and he had no power over her. Josh preyed on his much younger sisters (not Jana), over whom he reigned as Golden Penis. I don't see acknowledging that as holding the girls responsible in any way for their abuse. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Jill and Jessa weren't that much younger than the FF, only 3 and 4 years. But I do appreciate the naming of him as the GP. That mentality was all over the Duggar family dynamic.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Missed a word oops!
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

I don't see how this is victim blaming? Amy is older than Josh and he had no power over her. Josh preyed on his much younger sisters (not Jana), over whom he reigned as Golden Penis. I don't see acknowledging that as holding the girls responsible in any way for their abuse. 

We obviously disagree. I can't think of a way a statement resembling, "that would never happen to me", is ever a kind statement. It doesn't even matter what the subject matter is, to me its never nice and is the equivalent of victim blaming.

And going beyond that, why the hell is Amy even talking about herself in all this. Its not about her.

• Like 18
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And going beyond that, why the hell is Amy even talking about herself in all this. Its not about her.

Yes I think in general someone making other people's abusive experiences about them is really inappropriate and in poor taste. 

• Like 21
17 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I read it as Amy was saying her mother would handle it unlike JB should Josh get grabby with her.  I didn't see it as victim blaming. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 5

"Amy said that Josh told her he didn't try anything with her because he "knew better." Instead, she believes that he knew exactly what he was doing, choosing to instead target girls who wouldn't speak out."

Right there ⬆️, victim blaming. I, Amy, would speak out, therefore, Josh wouldn't 'touch' me. My cousins however, would not speak out, so Josh 'touched' them. 

So in addition to not wearing revealing clothes, not flirting, not entering a home with no intentions of sex, not walking alone at night, etc, Amy is saying not telling should go on that bullshit list.

Yup - victim blaming.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

I agree with @GeeGolly that the statement is victim-blaming. I don't think that Amy would say it is her cousins' fault for being assaulted by J'inmate but the way it is worded, the statement is Amy saying that Josh "knew better" than to attack Amy, and that implies that she thinks there is something she did that her cousins did not that contributed to their assaults. It's a subtle distinction. There is a natural tendency to figure out how to exempt oneself from being vulnerable (I would not have gone there, I would not have worn that, I would not have been there alone, e.g.) and I think that is what Amy was trying to do ("how is this not something that would happen to me?"). In the way she said it, Amy--IMHO as someone who worked with survivors and worked to train people how to set up programs for survivors--(probably inadvertently) blamed her cousins for their vulnerability.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Thank you @jcbrown, you explained my thoughts better than I did.

Switching gears a bit.

Derick said on SHP about the Kelley interview, "I would not call it voluntary," adds Derick. "Basically being called on to carry out a suicide mission: You're gonna destroy yourself, but we need you to take the fall so you can carry the show forward because the show cannot fail."

I'm wondering why Derick didn't put his headship foot down and and protect Jill then. And why didn't he suggest get therapy at that time to help her through it? Derick had the balls to go up against JB for money, but not when he felt his wife was being forced to "destroy herself"?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

At the moment I'm cutting Derick some slack on that. He was a brand new father, hadn't been married even a year yet, and I think he was likely still in a "honeymoon" phase with not just his wife but his huge new family by marriage. I think that he and Jill were swept up in fast-moving events when that news broke, and that JB/Meech and their advisor (Chad?) were large and in charge of what was happening inside the family.

Derick said on SHP that he had not known about the molestations even after becoming engaged to Jill. The edit left open, to me, the possibility that after their marriage he was told something about it. Or that learned about it only when the news broke. If the latter is the case, that's one more disrupting thing that was going on with him amid all that chaos. 

I hope that Jill's book will lay out the timeline of their experiences with some insight into their thinking along the way, from their courtship to finally fighting with JB for Jill's compensation for all those years appearing on the show.

It's absolutely possible that Derick is a cold grasping arse who was fine with watching his wife destroy herself with the Kelly interview, and was totally motivated by money when he took on JB a few years later.

I think it's also possible that in the spring of 2015 when his family was swept up in the tsunami of Joshgate, he was still finding his feet as a husband and father and focused on helping his wife get through the crisis, hour by hour as things unfolded. Jill was conditioned literally from birth to respond to her parents with "instant obedience" (a direct quote from Meech). While technically her new "headship" was Derick, it was clear that JB was in charge of the family especially as to the TV show. I hope Jill's book sheds light on how much she shared at that time with Derick, her reluctance to do that horrible interview. Did she just keep sweet at the time so he didn't even realize how awful it was for her? 

I don't know. Maybe we'll find out more. 

Add the botched surgery to everything that was going on at the time.

• Like 12
  • Useful 3
36 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

At the moment I'm cutting Derick some slack on that. He was a brand new father, hadn't been married even a year yet, and I think he was likely still in a "honeymoon" phase with not just his wife but his huge new family by marriage. I think that he and Jill were swept up in fast-moving events when that news broke, and that JB/Meech and their advisor (Chad?) were large and in charge of what was happening inside the family.

For sure, he may not have realized the machine he was caught up in yet.

For me to cut Derick some evolutionary slack he would need to publicly apologize for all the hate he spewed toward the LGBTQ+ community when he was angry at JB and TLC. Until then, he gets none from me.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
(edited)

If you aren't man enough to face down your wife's father in a situation involving her sexual abuse, TV cameras and life-long humiliation, you have no business being married and having a child. 

He was a 25 year-old college graduate, not some sheltered teen.

He did NOTHING to protect his wife, and will always be a scumbag in my eyes for that.   

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you @jcbrown, you explained my thoughts better than I did.

Switching gears a bit.

Derick said on SHP about the Kelley interview, "I would not call it voluntary," adds Derick. "Basically being called on to carry out a suicide mission: You're gonna destroy yourself, but we need you to take the fall so you can carry the show forward because the show cannot fail."

I'm wondering why Derick didn't put his headship foot down and and protect Jill then. And why didn't he suggest get therapy at that time to help her through it? Derick had the balls to go up against JB for money, but not when he felt his wife was being forced to "destroy herself"?

Considering the discovery materials during the sisters' trial against the city, Derick is lying his ass off about him and Jill not wanting to do that interview. They were active participants who contacted their PR team themselves with suggestions of what they wanted to say. The idea of accusing an official of accepting a bribe in return for the records was JILL's . She was told no, but JB liked the idea so much he went off script and said it himself.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Considering the discovery materials during the sisters' trial against the city, Derick is lying his ass off about him and Jill not wanting to do that interview. They were active participants who contacted their PR team themselves with suggestions of what they wanted to say. The idea of accusing an official of accepting a bribe in return for the records was JILL's . She was told no, but JB liked the idea so much he went off script and said it himself.

I've never heard this before. Is there proof? Jill doesn't seem bright enough to come up with something like that. 

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

They're on the road going somewhere. And Jill honey, that's too much information. 

orca-image--762176655.jpeg

orca-image--1293119711.jpeg

This is why happens when your parents irresponsibly breed, then sell every intimate moment of your life to make themselves rich and avoid an honest day’s work. Jill has no boundaries because every second of her life and the life of her siblings was fair game to whore them for money. Shiny Happy Child Trafficking People.

• Like 7
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 5

Is this their first vacation since Derick started his recent job?

And yea, TMI Jill. No one needs to see your breast milk. Especially when your pushing your book in the next slide. Thank goodness she doesn't sell Plexus.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Do any of y'all remember when Jill posted about giving her dog her breastmilk? I sure do, and as with many things about the Duggars, I bitterly resent my mind choosing to retain that. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do any of y'all remember when Jill posted about giving her dog her breastmilk? I sure do, and as with many things about the Duggars, I bitterly resent my mind choosing to retain that. 

Thanks for reminding us. 🤣 And IIRC it was expired breast milk. 😬 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Thanks for reminding us. 🤣 And IIRC it was expired breast milk. 😬 

You're welcome. If I must suffer, I want to bring you all down with me. 😂😂😂😂😂

I'd forgotten it was expired, but I believe you're right! 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've never heard this before. Is there proof? Jill doesn't seem bright enough to come up with something like that. 

It's part of the court documents that were released to the media after the judge dismissed the case. The emails around that time were part of discovery and there was back and forth between Jill and the PR guy. I'll try to find the transcripts.

• Useful 5
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's part of the court documents that were released to the media after the judge dismissed the case. The emails around that time were part of discovery and there was back and forth between Jill and the PR guy. I'll try to find the transcripts.

Thanks! This is totally new information for me. 😃

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

You're welcome. If I must suffer, I want to bring you all down with me. 😂😂😂😂😂

I'd forgotten it was expired, but I believe you're right! 

And had a discussion about how bad that was for poor Fena.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
(edited)

I am not sure it was expired, it was frozen and had been in the freezer for a long time. So it would not be harmful but maybe lose some nutritional value and taste.  I buy fermented goats milk (it comes frozen and is for dogs and cats). I give it to my dog everyday.  

Edited by auntieminem
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

Was the "PR Guy" Chad Gallagher? Gallagher was JB's PR advisor. In SHP Jill said Chad was brought in right away by JB in 2015 when Joshgate I hit, to figure out damage control. 

Or did Jill "bring in" her own "PR guy" - IOW someone else - in preparation for the interview? If she talked to Gallagher, or exchanged emails with him, she didn't have to bring him in. He was already there. Working for her father.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

I hope you find them. But if she’s really making up a story (AKA lying), it’s going to make me think less of her, trauma or not. I understand her being mad and hurt about it all coming out, but blatantly making up a story about someone is wrong. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Was the "PR Guy" Chad Gallagher? Gallagher was JB's PR advisor. In SHP Jill said Chad was brought in right away by JB in 2015 when Joshgate I hit, to figure out damage control. 

Or did Jill "bring in" her own "PR guy" - IOW someone else - in preparation for the interview? If she talked to Gallagher, or exchanged emails with him, she didn't have to bring him in. He was already there. Working for her father.

If we're talking 2015, and I think we are, then I imagine Jill was still aligned with her father and used Gallagher. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yes, it was Chad (or someone else employed by JB), not someone she brought in. The emails were in preparation for the interview, discussing what they would say, etc. 

• Useful 5

I will always believe Jill was devastated when the police report was publicized, so I thought from the get go she willingly participated in the Kelly interview, not so much to defend Josh, but to share her outrage around the poorly redacted report. But I also believed her now, when she said she felt forced to do it. Now I don't know what to believe.

IMO, Jill has never had anyone supporting her that only has her best interests at heart. Everyone around her has competing interests. JB wanting to defend his son and keep the show on and control the money. Derick, first fully enveloped in the Duggar machine and fame and then fighting with JB and then also wanting to repair his image.

Jill said in her deposition that she wanted to repair her relationship with JB. Maybe since then they have tried and failed but I don't get the motivation behind this book, other than to make Derick look good.

Maybe the book will reveal the reasons behind it, but if JB withholding the kids' money is their biggest and/or only problem with JB, then IMO, this book might end up revealing how much Derick is very much like his FIL. If that is true, then the Dillards missed the mark of learning any lessons during this feud and it makes me feel bad for Jill and her boys.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1