Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I wouldn't notice that, but the misspelling would drive me batshit crazy. I have committed acts of grammatically motivated vandalism in the past (usually to put misused apostrophes out of their misery) and that label is just crying out for a stealth mission. LOL 

Ninja Speller!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Between spell check and auto correct I notice I'm starting to forget how to spell myself, and I've always been a good speller. I think it's a common issue.

That straight, very vertical printing looks like a man's to me.

Autocorrect and an almost instant ability to use spell and grammar checks make it simple to quickly edit and correct errors, in my experience. 🤷‍♀️ 

6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Autocorrect and an almost instant ability to use spell and grammar checks make it simple to quickly edit and correct errors, in my experience. 🤷‍♀️ 

But they're not there when writing something by hand.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

But they're not there when writing something by hand.

My phone and iPad are usually not far from me 🤷‍♀️. It just takes a second to grab one and double check. If I discover errors after I’ve already written something, I make corrections. 

3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Between spell check and auto correct I notice I'm starting to forget how to spell myself

It's m-y-s-e-l-f.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll show myself to the prayer closet.

• LOL 24
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Don't understand this comment.

You posted, Between spell check and auto correct I notice I'm starting to forget how to spell myself.

@Portia got creative in reading it as I'm starting to forget how to spell (the word) myself. So she spelled it for you, m-y-s-e-l-f.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

And she probably won the SDRT spelling bee. 

You just reminded me that, when asked their favorite subject, most if not all the Duggar kids said it was spelling.

• Mind Blown 7
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

You just reminded me that, when asked their favorite subject, most if not all the Duggar kids said it was spelling.

Sure--they probably never spelled anything wrong, since nobody knew how it was supposed to be spelled in the first place!

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 12
19 hours ago, lascuba said:

Well, in fairness, they said it was their favorite subject, not their best subject!

But honestly, I can see this being one thing Michelle actually taught. It’s one of the more “rote” skills (it’s not really, but that’s the way a lot of people think of spelling because it’s the way they were taught). I could see Michelle spending time with the kids drilling spelling lists to memorize. Maybe that’s why they liked it? Certainly would be more fun than the stupid Wisdom booklets or the nonexistent science curriculum.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Since when is “spelling” considered an academic subject? It was always part of English classes in my schools. Seems odd that they would be asked about their favorite subject and all say “spelling.” 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggar spelling lists probably looked like this:

• shalt
  • thee
  • ye
  • thou
  • Jesus
  • fire
  • hast
  • hath
  • hell
  • brethren
  • cleaveth
  • thine
  • servant
  • saith

Oops, forgot one - bankruptcy 

And  per-pen-dic-u-lar  😁

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Since when is “spelling” considered an academic subject? It was always part of English classes in my schools. Seems odd that they would be asked about their favorite subject and all say “spelling.” 🤷‍♀️

It's the Duggars. Spelling is probably the only "subject" that any of them came close to doing well, so of course it's their favorite.

• Like 2

Did Jill go to them, or did they go to her? I can't imagine where they're living now is so close as to make a shopping trip out of it. But then, I don't have a vehicle right now. Maybe the drive isn't as far as I'm thinking.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

I know that the dark roots are in, but she's grown hers out past what's fashionable. It just looks sloppy now.

Soon she'll look like Turner of Big Brother. (well hopefully without the mustache) 😂 

(it's ugly on him too) 

20221009_045255.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6

What else is she supposed to do? If going blonde was just a one time thing then of course it's going to have to grow out. Not everyone cares about the coloring of their hair. It harms literally no one, it's not because of a religious belief. What an odd thing to judge someone on.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, P2C2E said:

What else is she supposed to do? If going blonde was just a one time thing then of course it's going to have to grow out. Not everyone cares about the coloring of their hair. It harms literally no one, it's not because of a religious belief. What an odd thing to judge someone on.

Maybe, but it's still ugly.  

• Applause 5
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don't mind blond streaks. I think for people with light brown hair like Jill it actually works. What she does need is a haircut. The ends are fried.

Jill dyed her entire head, not just highlights. I thought it was too light for her fair complexion. I think she needs to ditch the blonde and dye it back to her natural color to match the roots.

And cut off at least 6 inches on the bottom. Because yes, the ends are big time fried.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Love 7
On 10/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, P2C2E said:

Because it says she's fine spending $80-$100 on a full-head dye job, but can't be bothered to get a $12 box of highlight coloring at CVS to keep it from looking like hammered shit.  Which it does. 

She always wants the initial attention & compliments, but flakes out at any upkeep or maintenance.  And that is a common thread through everything in her life, causing her to continually fail.  Her "midwife" thing, her shilling on Social Media, educating her children, etc. 

Odd to judge her on?  Why not, as she does absolutely nothing of substance.  No job, no volunteering, no education, no personal growth, no contribution to her community. 

So yep, her tortured and ugly hair is fair game.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Because it says she's fine spending $80-$100 on a full-head dye job, but can't be bothered to get a $12 box of highlight coloring at CVS to keep it from looking like hammered shit.  Which it does. 

It's really hard to do your own hair color at home and have it look good, especially when it's been previously done by professionals. And most (if not all) professionals will tell you the stuff available in drugstores is crap.

Maintaining colored hair is a lot of work, pretty pricey over time, and can be really damaging to the hair if not done right. Her hairdresser probably should have advised her on lower-maintenance color choices if she knew she wasn't going to be able to keep it up. Or maybe she intended to and, you know, life got in the way. It happens.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, graefin said:

It's really hard to do your own hair color at home and have it look good, especially when it's been previously done by professionals. And most (if not all) professionals will tell you the stuff available in drugstores is crap.

Maintaining colored hair is a lot of work, pretty pricey over time, and can be really damaging to the hair if not done right. Her hairdresser probably should have advised her on lower-maintenance color choices if she knew she wasn't going to be able to keep it up. Or maybe she intended to and, you know, life got in the way. It happens.

Based on all the "sweet friends" she purports to have, I don't buy that she had nobody to help maintain grow-out. 

And she already has 2 older kids, so the "life" that happened should have been easier to manage.  She has 1 brother-mom quite old enough to tend to the middle kid while she tends to the baby.  That's more help than she had when it was 1 toddler & 1 newborn. 

Logic has never been a genetic trait to those born Duggar.  But making excuses and half-assing things is definitely their inherited stock-in-trade.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Based on all the "sweet friends" she purports to have, I don't buy that she had nobody to help maintain grow-out. 

Or maybe she doesn't care? I never have. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Maybe none of them happen to have hairdresser skills? I can believe that.

Part of her personal growth over the past several years might have involved realizing that she doesn't want to subject her own kids to the kind of childhood she had. So if she's not forcing one of her kids to look after the other (particularly for reasons as superficial as being able to have more time to do her own hair), I think she ought to be applauded for it, not lambasted.

I'm curious where this info is. I've only heard Jill and Derick say they support the way Jill was raised and will raise the boys much the same way.

Could you share a link to where she states doesn't want to subject her own kids to the kind of childhood she had?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm curious where this info is. I've only heard Jill and Derick say they support the way Jill was raised and will raise the boys much the same way.

Could you share a link to where she states doesn't want to subject her own kids to the kind of childhood she had?

I said "might have involved realizing," meaning speculating based on my observations of her other behavior, notably that she's distanced herself from her parents somewhat and she's/they've acknowledged going to therapy and setting boundaries. She's already not raising her kids the way she was raised--Israel has been going to public school rather than being homeschooled, and is the first in the entire family to do so. That's not really a small departure in my mind, but I guess YMMV.

I think you're missing the larger point, though, which is that if she *isn't* relegating older brother to brother-dadding younger brother, it's nothing to criticize her for.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Or maybe she doesn't care? I never have. 

Then why spend the money in the FIRST place for permanent dye?  

But now my interest in anything Jill related, including her hair, is long past.

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2