Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

J&D have two healthy sons. I hope this time they are blessed with a little girl. If she names her after her mother…no she wouldn’t do that….would she? Please just don’t Jill. 

Jill had a girl's name picked out when she was pregnant with Izzy. I can't remember the name, but I think it was biblical. If I'm remembering correctly, Jessa was throwing out using the same name if Henry was a girl.

I guess Jill has moved into the curated SM category, lol. Her gender reveal for Sammy is below. Much different than this birth announcement.

image.png.30fcde298c221bba5794f6510995487f.png

And I found her birth announcement for Izzy.

image.png.be8545506fed94921c6677410352c5cc.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill had a girl's name picked out when she was pregnant with Izzy. I can't remember the name, but I think it was biblical. If I'm remembering correctly, Jessa was throwing out using the same name if Henry was a girl.

I guess Jill has moved into the curated SM category, lol. Her gender reveal for Sammy is below. Much different than this birth announcement.

image.png.30fcde298c221bba5794f6510995487f.png

And I found her birth announcement for Izzy.

image.png.be8545506fed94921c6677410352c5cc.png

Wasn't it Sela? Or something like that? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If she's due in July, she was pregnant during the trial. Damn, that must have been extra rough.

And more credit for that picture of her and Derick walking to the courthouse, she looked so freaking fierce. 

• Love 22
49 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I hope she makes sure to get plenty of pre-natal care. She's had very difficult pregnancies.

I agree. I hope that's a lesson that she has learned. I'm really happy for them!

• Love 5

It took Jessa three difficult deliveries to take pregnancy seriously. It took Joy losing Annabelle to seek prenatal care. As far as I know, Anna has gone 7 for 7 with little to no medical interventions. So who knows where Jill will land.

Maybe seeing Jinger and her SsIL benefit from prenatal care and hospital deliveries, will lean her in that direction.

• Love 12

I'm happy it is this Jill and not the other one who is pregnant! 

Seriously though, they look happy. And the boys will be great big brothers. 

Here is hoping she gets good prenatal care. She looks healthy so maybe she is. 

• Love 11

While, in general, I'm happy for people expecting a wanted child, I'm just never happy to hear that a Duggar is expecting.

None of them are particularly good parents, and none of them seem to particularly "have a heart" for children. Admittedly, none of them seem to be as awful as their own parents, but that's a pretty low bar.

Jill and Derick were awful parents to baby/toddler Izzy, and they went through a period of obviously and overtly favoring baby Sam at his expense. They both seem to be in a better place now, but I think their family stability is fragile and the chaos of a new baby in the house could cause them to revert to old patterns.

Derick still hasn't passed the bar, and is still unemployed. While I hope that they have a subsidized health care plan, I doubt it. Jill isn't going to receive any prenatal care without some kind of insurance, and that seems unlikely to me.

I hope that they have a girl and will decide that their family is complete. While I feel sorry for any girl born into that world, it's better for them to have one more and be done than to have son after son . . . 

• Love 24

I am very happy for her and her family.  I am glad they waited to announce and cannot fathom being at that trial.  They are not perfect by any means but when you see how far she has come and is actually working through all of the crazy crap I think maybe some of the others will start coming into reality.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I would be happier if they announced Jill is getting a job. But I obviously aim too high.

I was truly hopiing that when Sam went to school, Jill would get a part time job or volunteer somewhwere. Maybe even at the library. I thought maybe that Derick would even encourage her. I wanted her to venture out in the world a bit. I guess I aim too high as well.

I always thought the 2 boys were a nice size family for them. I remember when she was so overwhelmed when both boys were smaller. I hope that doesn't happen now. I guess I'll be happy for them, as this must truly be what they want.

• Love 18

I'm thinking the Dillards are on Medicaid. Derick had a stick up his ass for years over Boob and TLC not covering the bills from Izzy's delivery. I can't imagine he'd want to incur debt, especially considering they have a major asset (the house) to which a lien can be attached. I guess time will tell. If Jill posts herself going to a real doctor or CNM, they have coverage. If she's still using backwater "midwives" she probably doesn't.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

I am very happy for her and her family.  I am glad they waited to announce and cannot fathom being at that trial.  They are not perfect by any means but when you see how far she has come and is actually working through all of the crazy crap I think maybe some of the others will start coming into reality.

What crazy crap has Jill worked through? I see Jill as no different than Jinger - both have entered the modern world, but both still have extreme beliefs, as do their husbands. Jill has supported the way she was raised, time and time again. The only reality Jill and some of her siblings have declared is knowing Josh is guilty.

• Love 13

I don't remember Jill having difficult pregnancies (aside from carrying them large), but she did have difficult births with both Izzy and Sam. Hopefully she will go right to the hospital for this one. 

Izzy's hair is starting to get darker, and Sam's to a lesser degree.

The good thing about this is the spacing. Izzy goes off to school during the day and Sam will probably do so as well in the near future. Jill can certainly handle one infant/toddler at home.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Why does it look like they're standing on a ginormous sheet of ice in the last picture? Why is everyone except Derrick in short sleeves? Israel looks cold.

As per the video,yes, it was ice and it was cold

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, CandyXmasTree said:

It was either FB or Instagram.

I don’t look at her stuff frequently, but I just happened to today. I didn’t see anything like that. That’s why I asked.

Edited by ginger90
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t look at her stuff frequently, but I just happened to today. I didn’t see anything like that. That’s why I asked.

I think it was speculation based on KJ's prior actions. 

36 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I guess we know now that they weren’t purposefully hiding the boys’ faces. 😁

I kind of think this was a one-shot deal. Izzy looks cute with his missing teeth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet they do an A name this time. They're spelling out Israel. Izzy... Sam... River 

I guess that is possible but it seems really strange,  even for them! It seems though, if that was their plan, they should have used Isaac as Izzy's name. It is still a Biblical name that starts with "I". It is quite a coincidence that the names so far start with I.....S.....R. I guess time will tell, but that was very clever of you to catch the sequence.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I guess that is possible but it seems really strange,  even for them! It seems though, if that was their plan, they should have used Isaac as Izzy's name. It is still a Biblical name that starts with "I". It is quite a coincidence that the names so far start with I.....S.....R. I guess time will tell, but that was very clever of you to catch the sequence.  

If their theme is spelling out "Israel," does that mean that they don't plan to have more than six kids?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Derrick hasn’t shown up much on Jill’s IG (except for a Valentine’s Day pic and baby announcement), so I’m leaning towards he’s either got a job or is doing some overtime studying for the bar. To be fair, we haven’t seen Izzy much either. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Derrick hasn’t shown up much on Jill’s IG (except for a Valentine’s Day pic and baby announcement), so I’m leaning towards he’s either got a job or is doing some overtime studying for the bar. To be fair, we haven’t seen Izzy much either. 

The bar was last week.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I don't know....  It seems like Jill was just managing to maintain some sort of routine with the two boys, of course Israel going to school helps with that.  But, I wonder if she'll be able to manage with another baby in the mix.  Especially if Deertick eventually gets full time employment.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The bar was last week.

Right. And she didn’t post pictures of him in February. She was completely off IG for most of December and January, so no pics there. We did see him at the trial, but I just think that assuming that Derrick is lazing about the house not working or studying is jumping to conclusions. It seems like he’s been somewhere. Or, maybe he is just being lazy, and Jill’s been smart enough to hide it. 🤷‍♀️
I hope for everyone’s sake, he’s found a job he’s happy with. Jill doesn’t handle newborns well, so having Derrick at loose ends will cause her even more stress. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I hope that Jill doesn't attempt a home birth again. Just schedule a C-section.  I hope she has a healthy pregnancy. A girl would be nice, but a girl born into their cult is never a good thing. 

In general, knowing nothing about her particular situation, there is every possibility that she will want to try for a VBA2C--which should only, ever, be attempted in a hospital with immediate access to an OR (I know some places will do it in a "birthing center" -- but that way lies madness). Depending on the exact reasons for her C-sections a VBA2C might be an option. There's no guarantee that her prenatal provider (and I do believe she has one) will allow her an attempt at VBA2C. 

4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The bar was last week.

Given his abysmally low odds of passing on a second attempt, I hope he is studying 24/7 (though the bar is about 25% knowledge and 75% stamina and test-taking ability, in my opinion). I can't find myself wishing him good luck, because I feel like there is every likelihood that he'd use a bar admission to do legal work seeking to eliminate women's bodily autonomy, or the rights of LGBTQ+ people. 

• Love 10

I think Jill will do just fine with a 3rd child. I had my 3rd with similar spacing. Naps were interrupted at times for school pick up, but that was the only downside. The upside was the delight my older kids took in their baby sister and they were helpful with her too. I think Izzy & Sam will be much the same. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I hope that Jill doesn't attempt a home birth again. Just schedule a C-section.  I hope she has a healthy pregnancy. A girl would be nice, but a girl born into their cult is never a good thing. 

Which cult? Derick didn't grow up in fundieland. Jill and Derick attend a mainstream Baptist church. Of course Jill was thoroughly indoctrinated into IBLP/ATI/Gothard thinking in her family of origin. But I don't see evidence that she and Derick are living that life now. For one thing, Izzy's attending public school; nobody in the Duggar cult sends a kid to public school. Or any school. 

I'm not idolizing Jill or Derick - but I don't see them as being in a cult.  

• Love 21
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It took Jessa three difficult deliveries to take pregnancy seriously. It took Joy losing Annabelle to seek prenatal care. As far as I know, Anna has gone 7 for 7 with little to no medical interventions. So who knows where Jill will land.

Maybe seeing Jinger and her SsIL benefit from prenatal care and hospital deliveries, will lean her in that direction.

There is a large group of women who believe pregnancies and births are wonderful, easy and natural. And most have easy pregnancies and births. Those that don’t will believe the story that it’s always harder with baby 1 and that your body knows what to do the second time round. These women have little love or understanding for women who experience differently, which is what I hate about them.

However, not all women are blessed with easy pregnancies and births. In the past, many women and babies lost their lives because of it. Modern medicine made pregnancies and births relatively safe and definitely bearable. I wish the Duggars got that note, but it seems not even Josy’s birth, nor Joy losing her child was enough to make them realise this. For Jill’s sake, I hope they’ve learned to accept and embrace medical help.

• Love 6