Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had a coworker that shared my birth date, although he was a couple of years older.  Denny's in my locale is (or was) known for their free meal on one's birthday.  Since we worked swing shift, he would go for breakfast before work, and dinner after work, at two different Denny's.

I made Mr. Xword promise that when we went out on my birthday, he would never tell the waitperson.  Some places sing happy birthday, clap, and all that attention-getting hoopla, and I would be mortified.  

I guess I don't have any grifter genes in my pool, and I'm glad.

I generally am not a grifter but I have a soft spot for swag at events (which is why *I* always buy good swag to give away at my venue).  I went to a conference a few months ago and they have a marketplace where they try to get you to bring their business into your center.  Well they give out a ton of stuff.  Good stuff that is for anyone interested (like really good water bottles, yoga mats, cooking utensils).  My boss teased me relentlessly when I pulled a bag out of my purse (like the pro I am!) so I could put all my swag in something.  Yep.  I have no shame when it comes to anonymous freebies and I was prepared!  They all WISHED they had thought to bring a bag!  Our food services peeps go to a conference in Vegas every year.  I really want to go to theirs.  They get tons of samples of good stuff.  Puts my swag-a-thon to shame.

I do not participate in the food giveaways like the Chick-Fil-A deal (I have never been to one but I did try a piece of their chicken at my swagfest above, didn't care for it).  I do think its weird that the Dillards/Duggars do so now.  They aren't living on love offerings like in the past.  I guess its fun for their kids though.  I have less of an issue with this than the GOFUNDTOME.  

• Love 9

One of the traffic reporters in my town recently came back to the air after having a heart valve replacement. ( the valve was replaced with a cow valve) He said he was going to Chick Fil A and ask for his freebie since he was part cow! 

• Love 23

I'm okay with the promotion being for adults, given that most adults are enjoying a free meal, a rare perk that they usually don't get when purchasing a nightly dinner with their own paycheck that they get at their JOB. Plus, most people who do this are loyal customers anyway, so it doesn't feel quite as much like taking advantage. However, the dullards doing it annoys me because grifting is their lifestyle, and I bet you a hundred dollars they went to more than one location! JB raised the kids to take advantage of this kind of thing, and it's tacky. I could totally see all 19 going in and eating, which IS costing chick fil a some money. For the regular person, it's a rare free meal. For the dullards, It's just part of their grudging lifestyle. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That’s cuz the grifty cow(see what I did there) put the shirt on just for the free sandwich. She probably changed in the car.  

At least they’re spending family time together. Even ol’ Sam is in the act with spots on the car seat. No way Michelle would do something like that with her kids.  

Also, the lady in the kerchief to the right of them appears to have tried to get her free food via taking a black Sharpie and writing a shaky C O W on the back of her white shirt, which really took no thought apart from being willing to sacrifice a shirt.  At least they tried. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I'm okay with the promotion being for adults, given that most adults are enjoying a free meal, a rare perk that they usually don't get when purchasing a nightly dinner with their own paycheck that they get at their JOB. Plus, most people who do this are loyal customers anyway, so it doesn't feel quite as much like taking advantage. However, the dullards doing it annoys me because grifting is their lifestyle, and I bet you a hundred dollars they went to more than one location! JB raised the kids to take advantage of this kind of thing, and it's tacky. I could totally see all 19 going in and eating, which IS costing chick fil a some money. For the regular person, it's a rare free meal. For the dullards, It's just part of their grudging lifestyle. 

For a typical customer this is a cute promotional offer that is great advertising for the company. The Dillards are moochers like you said. 

Its like how at restaurants the bday person gets a free dessert- well many people have come out to celebrate their birthday- laugh, drink, chat, the dessert doesn’t cost the restaurant much and it’s a nice gesture.....

• Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Also, the lady in the kerchief to the right of them appears to have tried to get her free food via taking a black Sharpie and writing a shaky C O W on the back of her white shirt, which really took no thought apart from being willing to sacrifice a shirt.  At least they tried. 

And Jill and Derick went out and bought fresh white t-shirts with no pit rot and taped spots on them. Not even willing to sacrifice a couple of shirts for free food. Shirts that Jill and Derick, at least, could wear in all the years to come to claim the free food.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

Someone in the comments told him to pick up an application while he was there. He probably thinks he's too good for a regular job since he's been on tv. Even Bin's little sister has a job, how embarrassing. Screenshot_20180710-164952.thumb.jpg.7071c1d0e12c43535c4bccde561939c9.jpg

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Someone in the comments told him to pick up an application while he was there. He probably thinks he's too good for a regular job since he's been on tv. Even Bin's little sister has a job, how embarrassing. Screenshot_20180710-164952.thumb.jpg.7071c1d0e12c43535c4bccde561939c9.jpg

Oh wow!  How old is she?  Glad to see her working!  A lot more than D wreck can say!

pit rot derick, love it!!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Oh wow!  How old is she?  Glad to see her working!  A lot more than D wreck can say!

pit rot derick, love it!!  

She turned 16 in February 

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Dullards can never pass up free food. What an example they're setting for Izzy. Yay!

Am I the only one who is laughing (yet still seriously cringing) because some of the cow patches on Izzy look inappropriate?

The images on the top of his shirt are the equally frightening yet hilarious things that I’m referring to.

One looks like a middle finger image (on HIS top right) if you turn your head to the right. I really hope Izzy chose this himself as a nonverbal message to his “parents.”

If you don’t turn your head, the same image also resembles an oddly shaped part of the male anatomy.

The super phallic image is on the top left of his shirt. It’s just there, looking somewhat like an eggplant emoji, but it’s not purple. You can’t miss it.

I am laughing so hard because I know it’s something so freakin’ stupid that only SHE could possibly do. When I have to sketch or draw something, I always look at it from several angles to prevent this exact thing!

This is also a sign that I need to meet a nice guy ASAP, I know!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

Am I the only one who is laughing (yet still seriously cringing) because some of the cow patches on Izzy look inappropriate?

The images on the top of his shirt are the equally frightening yet hilarious things that I’m referring to.

One looks like a middle finger image (on HIS top right) if you turn your head to the right. I really hope Izzy chose this himself as a nonverbal message to his “parents.”

If you don’t turn your head, the same image also resembles an oddly shaped part of the male anatomy.

The super phallic image is on the top left of his shirt. It’s just there, looking somewhat like an eggplant emoji, but it’s not purple. You can’t miss it.

I am laughing so hard because I know it’s something so freakin’ stupid that only SHE could possibly do. When I have to sketch or draw something, I always look at it from several angles to prevent this exact thing!

Nah, it’s a sign you need a NAUGHTY guy! ? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

85BB3F0B-36A5-4297-833E-3AB9AEC5A09E.jpeg

God used a godly doctor to accomplish His work in me! Seriously... Maybe he saved you in order for you to get help for your son and daughter-in-law because they are in serious trouble honey. I want to know why she thinks she is special because God sent her to a godly doctor.

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

In that ChickFilA (what a stupid name) photo, Jill is too young and pretty to be wearing mandals like that. She's at a fast food place, not fording a river on the Appalachian Trail.

I wonder if those are Chacos.  If they are, then she should be wearing them everywhere.  They are pretty expensive sandals.  I have a pair like them but they are scechers, half the price and soooo comfortable.  I have to say I live in them in summer, LOL!

• Love 2

In that ChickFilA (what a stupid name) photo, Jill is too young and pretty to be wearing mandals like that. She's at a fast food place, not fording a river on the Appalachian Trail.

I think that is the least of her issues.  And, footwear nowadays isn't the same as it was, or is, in some parts of the country.  People wear everything from plastic flip flops to the ugly birkenstocks that I love, to crocs, croc sandals (also love those), etc.  

• Love 11

I like those sandals. Totally appropriate for running around town on a hot Arkansas summer day, including a stop at a fast food restaurant. If I weren't already amply supplied with sandals (by Keen, FitFlop, and Crocs), I'd probably get a pair like that.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Jill's choice of footwear is pretty fashion-forward compared to her mother, and if she's comfortable, who cares what she wears? 

I don't think anyone really "cares," but everyone has different opinions, and those opinions are shared on this forum.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, zenme said:

I don't think anyone really "cares," but everyone has different opinions, and those opinions are shared on this forum.

It was a rhetorical question

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill's choice of footwear is pretty fashion-forward compared to her mother, and if she's comfortable, who cares what she wears? 

They are better than the Frankenstein waitress shoes (thanks to whomever coined that phrase) that Michelle wears. And she looks comfy and in season. And she’s getting some support for her feet. I really hate out of season footwear, or something that’s cute but totally impractical and that provide no support to your feet. The older we get, the more important that becomes. She can definitely chase two toddlers around in those. IDK maybe she has plantar fasciitis or something like that. God bless her if she does. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy, and if you have it, you wear ANYTHING that doesn’t aggravate the condition.  

And did anyone else nitice Izzy’s paw patrol shoes.  I’m glad he has exposure to some healthy child-appropriate entertainment (looking at you Tuttle Twins). I wonder if it was Jill or Derick’s decision to let him get aquatinted with the show, or if Izzy just picked something he liked in the store.

• Love 1
Just now, lookeyloo said:

re: Izzy's shoes, my guess would be that is what showed up in the thrift store in his size.

You’re probably right. I was hoping against hope the little fella could go to Walmart and pick something special to him.  Maybe Cathy treated him to them. 

(edited)

Cathy seems fine with picking and choosing what is acceptable to her god. 

Edited by Heathen
Cathy, not Carly. Carly is my cat, and she doesn't give a flick of her tail about the Dullards or religion.
  • Love 12

I don’t mind them doing the free food thing.  My newsfeed was filled with friends dressing as cows and eating chicken sandwiches.  But I come from a long line of “grifters” who have no qualms about taking their biggest purse to the buffet and shoveling food in it for later.

I wonder if Jill and Derick have a Build-A-Bear near them. Tomorrow is pay your age day,  so they’d end up paying like $4 for two bears.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I don’t mind them doing the free food thing.  My newsfeed was filled with friends dressing as cows and eating chicken sandwiches.  But I come from a long line of “grifters” who have no qualms about taking their biggest purse to the buffet and shoveling food in it for later.

I wonder if Jill and Derick have a Build-A-Bear near them. Tomorrow is pay your age day,  so they’d end up paying like $4 for two bears.

Now that I would do! My granddaughter is 1 yr old and has 3 of those, with the clothes and the skates--the whole thing! I feel like we've purchased enough of those to earn her a $1 stuffie.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Bridget said:

OK you literally made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for that!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

85BB3F0B-36A5-4297-833E-3AB9AEC5A09E.jpeg

Wow, I’m surprised and glad to see this from Cathy! Now, I sure hope that godly doctor didn’t take out any college loans, and paid in cash for his or her entire education! 

5 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Who’s going to tell them that 7-Eleven is giving out free slurpies today? 

Hahahaha-   We just returned home from getting our free Slurpees! I was wondering if the dullards had caught wind of this! 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow, I’m surprised and glad to see this from Cathy! Now, I sure hope that godly doctor didn’t take out any college loans, and paid in cash for his or her entire education! 

Hahahaha-   We just returned home from getting our free Slurpees! I was wondering if the dullards had caught wind of this! 

And hopefully he or she wasn’t one of those evil  homosexuals. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You’ve got to really be an asshole to find flaws with Paw Patrol. But it focuses on work, responsibility and helping others. Derick probably finds it repulsive!

Derrick insulted Paw Patrol? It's like the most innocuous show ever. 

I can definitely find some flaws with it, but mostly because of the number of times I've been half asleep at 530 in the morning while my son watches it. One of those mornings I came up with my shared universe theory-that Paw Patrol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles exist in the same universe. Clearly the Turtles mutagen spilled all over Adventure Bay, causing the emergency rescue teams to become dogs and the town scientist to become a 12 year old boy. It also altered the climate, which is why they can go from beaches to snow to jungles regularly. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, questionfear said:

I can definitely find some flaws with it, but mostly because of the number of times I've been half asleep at 530 in the morning while my son watches it. One of those mornings I came up with my shared universe theory-that Paw Patrol and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles exist in the same universe. Clearly the Turtles mutagen spilled all over Adventure Bay, causing the emergency rescue teams to become dogs and the town scientist to become a 12 year old boy. It also altered the climate, which is why they can go from beaches to snow to jungles regularly. 

I never heard him insult the show, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t think it was Godly enough for Izzy to watch.  

Yeah I had a crazy dream like that last nite about Mama’s Family. The whole cast, including Bubba and Mother Boylen, were touring for Mama’s Family Live, but Vint and Naomi quit mid tour, breached their contracts and made off with all the proceeds.  Eunice refused to go on tour, and Buzz and Sonya were just happy to be working again.  

I don’t know what was in that beer last nite, but I won’t drink it again.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yeah I had a crazy dream like that last nite about Mama’s Family. The whole cast, including Bubba and Mother Boylen, were touring for Mama’s Family Live, but Vint and Naomi quit mid tour, breached their contracts and made off with all the proceeds.  Eunice refused to go on tour, and Buzz and Sonya were just happy to be working again.  

@Ijustwantsomechips, I love you.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, questionfear said:

I love Paw Patrol, although I desperately want an origin story ? Even my four year old has asked where Rider’s home and parents are. 

I have been glad to see Israel gets to enjoy the show.

• Love 2