Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Now I know why Ben is sitting way over there.  He must be upwind from Derick's moldy pits.

IMG_6552.jpg

Derelict's hair looks like a truly lousy toupee. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, louannems said:

I admit to being an ice cream snob.  In my Western Washington area, ice cream still being sold in cardboard rectangular boxes is the absolute cheapest available.  Gag. For many years, better ice cream has been packed in cardboard 12-16 serve tubs.  And, of course, the best stuff comes in pints!

The cheapest ice cream is just pumped full of air and chemicals.

Pints are the best. My favorites blueberry gelato and anything coffee.

jackson is so small for his age.

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Now I know why Ben is sitting way over there.  He must be upwind from Derick's moldy pits.

IMG_6552.jpg

OMG, in that shot I just realized, forget the mowing, but I like a taller yard, but bring out the seed, fertilizer and water, dude. Stat!

29 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Derelict's hair looks like a truly lousy toupee. 

Is he trying to develop a Jim Boob hair style?  If so don't get him near the fire pit with all the hair spray.

Edited by DragonFaerie
spelling darn autocorrect
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe we should just start calling her Brick.  Burning question, will there be vid of her licking cars next?  Now I have gotten the snark out of my system, will anyone get her any help if needed?

*by the way, y'all were on fire!  The comments here had be chuckling!

HA!  I am a huge fan of his as well!

The Duggars would have to admit there is a problem for help to be received, since they'll call it a phase and stick their heads in the sand, the chances are slim to nil. And while I get the snarking, this is one area where I think Josie is off limits. It's not her fault she was born into a group of idiots. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, toodles said:

Dear Jill,

Yeah, I heard you with the knife thing.  You need to get out more.  Go to Cold Stone and see what they do with ice cream.  My mother did the knife thing too.  If cutting ice cream with a knife is a life changing experience, it goes a long way toward explaining why you thought melty root beer floats were ok at your wedding.  I bet they were made with cut ice cream.  Do yourself a favor and stop posting for awhile.  Just...........stop.

Amen!

• Love 3

What is up with all the videos? What about Jill just shoving watermelon in poor s ams  mouth while he's crying then she goes back to videotaping Israel and Derek. Poor baby. Maybe something was wrong. She wouldn't have noticed. 

• Love 9

I like how they borrowed one of her brother's boats for the trip.  Did they ask? or did they just show up and grab the boat and tow it to the lake???  And I'm guessing they didn't refill the gas tank after they were done.

• Love 7
(edited)

Thought Sam was going to inhale the watermelon into his windpipe since she shoved it into his gob just as he was drawing in breath...

Wonder if she would put the phone camera down as Dreck tried to do the baby Heimlich on Sam.....nope...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

pointing others toward the author of life and everything that is good, the one true God, Jesus Christ. 

Dreck:

for the last damned time, Jesus is NOT God. He is the SON of God.  Stop breaking the first commandment. 

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Also, WTF does he even mean about loving the unwed mother and being pro-life?  Does he think that only unmarried women have abortions? 

Probably. Because married people have as many kids as they can. Because it's OK because they're married. In their mind, why would a married woman want an abortion? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Dear Jill,

Yeah, I heard you with the knife thing.  You need to get out more.  Go to Cold Stone and see what they do with ice cream.  My mother did the knife thing too.  If cutting ice cream with a knife is a life changing experience, it goes a long way toward explaining why you thought melty root beer floats were ok at your wedding.  I bet they were made with cut ice cream.  Do yourself a favor and stop posting for awhile.  Just...........stop.

Wasn't it Jessa who had the melty root beer floats? 

Jill had the melty  root beer floats, Jessa had ice cream outdoors, in November. In both cases Sierra dropped the ball. She left the freezer door open with the floats. Then Sierra did not think about renting heaters for the parking lot reception.  Shitty receptions, a Duggar tradition. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Thought Sam was going to inhale the watermelon into his windpipe since she shoved it into his gob just as he was drawing in breath...

Wonder if she would put the phone camera down as Dreck tried to do the baby Heimlich on Sam.....nope...

She learned from her mama, who thought it was appropriate to feed her toddler lying flat on her back (and also film her children in various states of distress rather than comfort them).

• Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I admit to being an ice cream snob.  In my Western Washington area, ice cream still being sold in cardboard rectangular boxes is the absolute cheapest available.  Gag. For many years, better ice cream has been packed in cardboard 12-16 serve tubs.  And, of course, the best stuff comes in pints!

I'm an ice cream snob too, but this must be a regional thing. I agree that most brands of ice cream sold in rectangular cartons are cheap and nasty, but here in upstate New York, there's a chain of convenience stores called Stewart's which has made a big name for itself with its own brand of ice cream. Their  half-gallon rectangular cartons can be favorably compared to Ben & Jerry's or Haggen-Daz , both in quality and variety of flavors at a fraction of the cost (they also offer hand-packed pint tubs). We also have the Wegman's supermarket chain, whose half-gallon rectangular cartons are excellent.

As for Jill's "tip", I've only ever heard that form of container referred to as a "carton", never a "block" or a "flat". Maybe it's either an Arkansas or a Dugger thing.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm an ice cream snob too, but this must be a regional thing. I agree that most brands of ice cream sold in rectangular cartons are cheap and nasty, but here in upstate New York, there's a chain of convenience stores called Stewart's which has made a big name for itself with its own brand of ice cream. Their  half-gallon rectangular cartons can be favorably compared to Ben & Jerry's or Haggen-Daz , both in quality and variety of flavors at a fraction of the cost (they also offer hand-packed pint tubs). We also have the Wegman's supermarket chain, whose half-gallon rectangular cartons are excellent.

As for Jill's "tip", I've only ever heard that form of container referred to as a "carton", never a "block" or a "flat". Maybe it's either an Arkansas or a Dugger thing.

Aw man, Stewart’s Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is to die for. Wish we could get it in MN. 

• Love 2

So much for Dreck rehabbing the Dilly family to come crawling back to TLC with hat in hand and their hands out begging.......

No more wasting chicken bones, tossing them out in the lake...

Jilly will need the carcass to make stone soup...yay!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

And yes, going boating is like going hiking.  You take it out and you bring it back in.  Dumping your chicken grease and bones in the lake was disgusting.  But then Jill grew up with throwing away mounds of garbage in the form of styrofoam plates and plastic silverware.  Disgusting.  I'm always amazed at the fundies like them that don't take care of the Earth that their God created.  Nice way to show your appreciation.   

Maybe that video should be sent to the local Report-A-Litterbug program.

• Love 6

I am amazed by these people. First of all, JB said he was abused by his father because he was not religious enough to satisfy him. Now we have Deredick complaining about Jazz after he said his two year son was a manipulator because he said I love you. Seriously... These two abused their own children and are willing to sell them out to the highest bidder to feed their egos. Take a long hard look in the mirror Deredick.

34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am amazed by these people. First of all, JB said he was abused by his father because he was not religious enough to satisfy him. Now we have Deredick complaining about Jazz after he said his two year son was a manipulator because he said I love you. Seriously... These two abused their own children and are willing to sell them out to the highest bidder to feed their egos. Take a long hard look in the mirror Deredick.

But, but they are the most Jesusy people ever. How can pimping out their children be wrong? It's all for Jesus.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, toodles said:

But, but they are the most Jesusy people ever. How can pimping out their children be wrong? It's all for Jesus.

Please forgive me for not remembering this. I will go pray my heart out and read the bible until my eyes fall out. Oops...I forgot to ask you to donate to my gofundme page so I can spread my hatred and prejudice ways to the masses by hiding behind Jesus and the bible. Now get off my lawn!

36 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jazz he can’t shut up about, but children being separated from their parents at the border? Has any one of the famously pro-family Duggars said one word?

He claimed in one of his comments that he has spoken out about that. I don't know where, however. 

3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Jill talks about Michelle buying a whole "flat" of those "little blocks" of ice cream, so I assume by the latter she's talking about the cartons like the one pictured. By "flat" I guess she means the unit the individual cartons are packaged as (I'd guess six)?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jill talks about Michelle buying a whole "flat" of those "little blocks" of ice cream, so I assume by the latter she's talking about the cartons like the one pictured. By "flat" I guess she means the unit the individual cartons are packaged as (I'd guess six)?

I agree with you, she means they bought the half gallons, aka ‘blocks’, in a pallet, (aka, ‘a flat’), at a time.  The only reason she’s too dumb to know the proper name of the ‘blocks’, is because she was never allowed out of the house for groceries growing up, IMO. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I agree with you, she means they bought the half gallons, aka ‘blocks’, in a pallet, (aka, ‘a flat’), at a time.  The only reason she’s too dumb to know the proper name of the ‘blocks’, is because she was never allowed out of the house for groceries growing up, IMO. 

I thought a pallet was that wooden thing with slats that gets moved with a forklift? ?

I do think they took the kids shopping with them. At least that's what we saw in the early specials. Who else would they have to retrieve their crap from the shelves and push their eleventy billion carts and load and unload the car? You know those parents aren't doing the work.

If Jill doesn't know things it's because she's dumb and literacy and articulation aren't her strong suits. Still her parents' fault, though. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I thought they shopped at a big box store like Costco or BJs.

No way would they have paid to shop at the whole sale clubs when you can shop at Aldi for free. I don't know about Costco, I've never been in one, but you have to have a paid membership for Sam's Club and BJs. Sure the one giant sized can of corn is probably cheaper, but hey, let's just open 18 of the regular sized ones from Aldi. 

I will say, some of Aldi's ice cream really isn't too bad. Their plain French vanilla is pretty much like anyone else's. Some of their other flavors are decent enough, especially if you are feeding a crowd. My guess is Jill finds the carboard cartons a bit exotic since it's not the giant gallons plastic bucket of super cheap crap you can also get at Aldi. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

No way would they have paid to shop at the whole sale clubs when you can shop at Aldi for free. I don't know about Costco, I've never been in one, but you have to have a paid membership for Sam's Club and BJs. Sure the one giant sized can of corn is probably cheaper, but hey, let's just open 18 of the regular sized ones from Aldi. 

I will say, some of Aldi's ice cream really isn't too bad. Their plain French vanilla is pretty much like anyone else's. Some of their other flavors are decent enough, especially if you are feeding a crowd. My guess is Jill finds the carboard cartons a bit exotic since it's not the giant gallons plastic bucket of super cheap crap you can also get at Aldi. 

When my son was little, almost every birthday party he went to had that giant bucket of ice cream. 

45 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Wasn't the ice cream sundaes wedding Jessa's and the root beer float wedding Jill's?

Apparently so, not that it matters because both weddings and receptions were lame. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

When my son was little, almost every birthday party he went to had that giant bucket of ice cream. 

I feel like that's exactly what the bucket o'ice cream was designed for! It's great for kid's parties. Most of it ends up melted or wasted anyway, so I certainly wouldn't be spending money for top dollar for stuff to be thrown away. It's not like it's inedible or anything, it's just not the best ice cream ever eaten. I know I probably had lots of parties when I was a kid with the bucket and boxed cake mix cake. 

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I feel like that's exactly what the bucket o'ice cream was designed for! It's great for kid's parties. Most of it ends up melted or wasted anyway, so I certainly wouldn't be spending money for top dollar for stuff to be thrown away. It's not like it's inedible or anything, it's just not the best ice cream ever eaten. I know I probably had lots of parties when I was a kid with the bucket and boxed cake mix cake. 

When I was a kid in England, the cheap ice-cream in little boxes was, IIRC called Wall's. It was rumored that there was so much flour in there as filler that if you threw it in a hot pan it would fry before it melted. While I'm sure that was an exaggeration, it always amused me. I also remember, in a gullible  little corner of my mind, being just a little tempted to try it and see, but I never did get the chance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

When I was a kid in England, the cheap ice-cream in little boxes was, IIRC called Wall's. It was rumored that there was so much flour in there as filler that if you threw it in a hot pan it would fry before it melted. While I'm sure that was an exaggeration, it always amused me. I also remember, in a gullible  little corner of my mind, being just a little tempted to try it and see, but I never did get the chance.

I spent some time in a country where the ice cream didn't melt, no matter how long it was out of the freezer. It didn't taste much like ice cream either. Prosperity brings better ice cream.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I spent some time in a country where the ice cream didn't melt, no matter how long it was out of the freezer. It didn't taste much like ice cream either. Prosperity brings better ice cream.

Once upon a time a friend dragged me to one of the NYC trucks that sell ice cream on the street.  I was in shock.  I tasted it, and it had so much air in it, it was closer to the texture of whipped cream, frosting, or maybe even circus peanuts.  Was it like that?

Just now, queenanne said:

Once upon a time a friend dragged me to one of the NYC trucks that sell ice cream on the street.  I was in shock.  I tasted it, and it had so much air in it, it was closer to the texture of whipped cream, frosting, or maybe even circus peanuts.  Was it like that?

It was so many years ago, I don't remember. I'm not a fan of ice cream so I rarely eat it even now. The inability of the ice cream to melt in said country was an ongoing topic of ex-pat scorn. However, things are very different now. 

• Love 1