Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm equally amazed Jill is allowing this to happen...Derick is going to be a 26.2 mile long course with women who are going to be wearing no more than a sports bra and running shorts. Clearly, she has never been to one of these things before...NIKE! 

I swear there is a part of me that wants to be somewhere where the Duggars are and here someone yell NIKE! Then I want to ask them why they are shouting a Roman Goddess Name????  Can't wait to see the look on their faces

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Aw Izzy’s cute... and looks just like Randy from a Christmas story

480BD3D0-1F33-4B49-AB11-D6536A93C435.jpeg

31FC5F26-7DA9-4AF9-BB10-0C3404172FC8.png

I think Izzy looks likes Jackson's mini-me in that picture. 

4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am no fan of them at all, but, based on one of my grown children and now my grandchildren, at that age, I was happy they ate anything at all, let alone salad and asparagus.  And it was always buttery noodles, no sauce.  That particular son had a fondness for "white food" meaning white bread, mashed potatoes, sometimes, oatmeal, etc.  He was a big challenge.  And my daughter in law made nice plates for the grands and then threw them straight into the trash.  Especially the granddaughter.  Don't know how she subsisted on the nothing she ate.  But, somehow they all are healthy.

Your post brought back memories.  There were plenty of times my son refused to eat anything for dinner at this age or eat nothing but cereal for every meal. My niece loved baby rice cereal & dined on that for dinner when she was well past infant age. I worked for a pediatrician & his daughters went through a spell when they would eat nothing but Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (the kind with powdered cheese) for dinner every day.  

Funny story - when my niece was about 5 she had macaroni & Cheese at a friend's house. She raved how good it was & my sister was picturing a home made 5 cheese mac& cheese casserole the mom slaved over. It turned out to be Stouffers - my niece would fit right in with the Duggars. 

Remember when Smugs ran a marathon?  I think when they were in DC. I don't remember much except Anna on sidelines with kiddos cheering him on & Smugs looking like he needed to wear a man bra/bro. Maybe Smuggs is Derelict's racing coach.  

• Love 2

Sam is 9 months old and Jill doesn't show much of him sitting on his own, crawling, or standing.  She posted a video of the kids playing at a Focus On the Family play area.  Sammy's getting around and trying super hard but he is still not really crawling. Naturally, all kids develop differently.  I just remember my own belly crawling at 4 to 5 months and hands and knees crawling by 6 months.  One walked without falling by 9 months.

13 minutes ago, louannems said:

Sam is 9 months old and Jill doesn't show much of him sitting on his own, crawling, or standing.  She posted a video of the kids playing at a Focus On the Family play area.  Sammy's getting around and trying super hard but he is still not really crawling. Naturally, all kids develop differently.  I just remember my own belly crawling at 4 to 5 months and hands and knees crawling by 6 months.  One walked without falling by 9 months.

Sam is doing what all three of mine were at 9 months, but none of mine walked before 13/14 months

• Love 2

Also I would not only like to see Sammy with food, but across the table from Jill.  Jill helps Izzy and Derilick helps Sammy - you know "babysittting him while he's in his restraint"

Samuel always appears in the background of pictures, it seems to me.

I didn’t look, is this marathon a fundraiser?

9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Is it just me, but that’s a weird food combination.

I suspect that this was an Internet FU from Jill, designed to show off what healthy well-balanced meals she prepares and to show how her athletic husband gets ready for his marathon. I'll bet that they devoured the spaghetti and then dumped the salad and asparagus in the garbage.

Looked up the marathon:

OUR CHARITIES

The 42nd Hogeye Marathon & Relays is a Non-Profit organization with a 501 (C) 3 group certification.  A percentage of the proceeds will benefit five charitable organizations for specific projects.  These include:

Alzheimer’s Association of Arkansas (Northwest Arkansas education and family/care-giver support)

American Wheelchair Mission

Jackson Graves Foundation- Arkansas Children’s Hospital Northwest- support of families in NWA

Kendrick Fincher Hydration for Life- Education in NWA schools about proper hydration for sports and fitness

Meals on Wheels of Washington County- Meals delivered through the Senior Centers

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I thought running caused him to dry heave?  I remember it quite vividly 

I believe the medical term Dr. Jill used was gaggy. 

Am I the only one who noticed the hashtag #firstmarationinnorthamerica? That, for the normal person, would indicate he's ran marathons in other places. I'm highly doubting he ran a marathon in South America or Asia though. 

I think Jill cut the end off her sweet potato and thats the orange on Izzy's plate. Her potato is flat on the end. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Again, if my husband EVER called me his “wifey,” that would have been the last time he would have spoken.I don’t care what he was saying about me. 

I don't think it means what they think it means. Not exactly a big compliment, unless the meaning has changed.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

No way can he finish a full marathon.

I bet he'll walk at least some part of it. No shame in that, because 26.2 miles is a long trek. When I recently did a half marathon I had to walk some of it because the course was hilly. 26.2 miles is more work than the Duggars have ever done in their lives. If he doesn't finish, you'll know because beside his name will be the dreaded DNF (Did Not Finish).

10 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

What is Jilly bean going to do while he gets there, preps, signs up and runs?  Is she just gonna be on the sidelines with the poor boys????

A lot of family members tend to show up later, using the app to track their participant. Would be pure lunacy for Jill to be with Derick at the start and then stick around for 3-5 hours with two small kids waiting for Derick. She can use the app to, say, see him at mile 7 or 10. Someone upthread mentioned the RaceJoy app - you can use it to send your participant encouraging messages along the way. And also to locate them at the finish, which is kind of creepy since any rando can find your bib number and track you. Not a problem for us normal people, but for quasi-celebs like Derick I'd be a bit concerned.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3

That video is actually reassuring to me that Sammy isn't falling way behind developmentally.  The average age to crawl on all fours is 7 to 10 months with 8 to 9 being most common.  He can from where he is move to all fours within days or a few weeks so should be within what is considered a reasonable age. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'll bet that they devoured the spaghetti and then dumped the salad and asparagus in the garbage.

I would dump the asparagus in the garbage, too. HUUUURK. There is no commonly eaten food in any major cultural tradition that I despise more. It is fascinating to me how many people love it! All I can figure is our taste buds are wired so differently that they’re tasting something I’m not, because all I get is a musty, rancid, sour, vomity ooze encased in a tough, indigestible hull. And no, I’m not just eating it “wrong” or having it prepared incorrectly. I’ve tried several times including at higher-end restaurants and it always makes me want to dry heave like Derick five minutes into a brisk run. 

I don’t use table cloths — maybe placemats if I’m having “grownups” over — but you don’t see table cloths in home design now. It’s just not in any more. Of course I’ve also heard that younger Millennials are eschewing flat sheets (or “top sheets” as they call them), and sleeping under just a duvet, sometimes without a duvet cover. This grosses me out so bad I can’t explain it. So I guess we all have our “thing.”

I think Izzy looks genuinely happy in most pictures; he just has his dad’s odd cheeks. And I love their burled-looking table!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I would dump the asparagus in the garbage, too. HUUUURK. There is no commonly eaten food in any major cultural tradition that I despise more. It is fascinating to me how many people love it! All I can figure is our taste buds are wired so differently that they’re tasting something I’m not, because all I get is a musty, rancid, sour, vomity ooze encased in a tough, indigestible hull. And no, I’m not just eating it “wrong” or having it prepared incorrectly. I’ve tried several times including at higher-end restaurants and it always makes me want to dry heave like Derick five minutes into a brisk run. 

I don’t use table cloths — maybe placemats if I’m having “grownups” over — but you don’t see table cloths in home design now. It’s just not in any more. Of course I’ve also heard that younger Millennials are eschewing flat sheets (or “top sheets” as they call them), and sleeping under just a duvet, sometimes without a duvet cover. This grosses me out so bad I can’t explain it. So I guess we all have our “thing.”

I think Izzy looks genuinely happy in most pictures; he just has his dad’s odd cheeks. And I love their burled-looking table!

I loathe asparagus. Muchly.

You'd not be liking our way of sleeping then. No sheets in between you and the duvet - that's actually pretty damn odd tbh to me. You would of course have bed linen, but having an extra sheet under the duvet is plain odd:-) American beds seem very high as well. A typical german bed is fairly low usually, our mattresses are low as well.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I loathe asparagus. Muchly.

You'd not be liking our way of sleeping then. No sheets in between you and the duvet - that's actually pretty damn odd tbh to me. You would of course have bed linen, but having an extra sheet under the duvet is plain odd:-) American beds seem very high as well. A typical german bed is fairly low usually, our mattresses are low as well.

I lived briefly in Germany and didn’t find the bed heights odd, but the duvet thing confounded me. At least Germans seem to wash them regularly! A flat sheet is easy to wash, and when the duvet or comforter gets too hot, you still have something to cover and protect you from the monsters  

I never did figure out how to lie comfortably on square European pillows, though. 

Maybe my hatred of asparagus comes from my German grandfather... I’ll have to ask him if he likes it! I know my hatred of saxophone has German roots. ?

• Love 10
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That link in her “bio” goes nowhere. It’s strange she has it there. That’s where your own stuff is supposed to go.

Jill’s bio:

Jill Dillard

Official Instagram of Jill (Duggar) Dillard. Wife to @derickdillard. Mommy to #IsraelDavidDillard & #SamuelScottDillardwww.scarlettgraypublishing.com

This is what comes up:

8E816045-4134-44E8-B733-93C317416139.png

I just tried the address on my laptop and got a website: https://www.scarlettgraypublishing.com/  for "a Christian company dedicated to publishing children’s books centered

on God’s word."  Maybe she just got her website up.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That video is actually reassuring to me that Sammy isn't falling way behind developmentally.  The average age to crawl on all fours is 7 to 10 months with 8 to 9 being most common.  He can from where he is move to all fours within days or a few weeks so should be within what is considered a reasonable age. 

My daughter never crawled on all fours. Never. She was a little inchworm who scooted around on her belly just like Sam was doing.  Just as she turned a year old, she suddenly stood up and started walking around. Just pulled herself up using the coffee table, cruising from one piece of furniture to another for a few days. Then true walking like it was nothin' !

The doctor said it was all completely normal. It did make for some dirty onesies no matter how clean I tried to keep the flooor, though. She looked like someone had used her baby clothes to dust the house.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Here is Derick's results for anyone interested

https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/32945/IndividualResult/PckQ?#U26620590

Can anyone explain his final time? I don't know how to read/interpret it:

Finish

1:13:19.47
12:13

Oh, I see Loves2Dance posted his time, but I still don't know what that stat I posted means

14 MINUTES AGO, LOVES2DANCE SAID:

He has finished with a time of 4:16:37.56 

Edited by OpieTaylor
8 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Can anyone explain his final time? I don't know how to read/interpret it:

Finish

1:13:19.47
12:13

It means it took him 1 hour, 13 minutes, 19.47 seconds to go from 20.2 miles to 26.2 miles with an average pace of 12 minutes and 13 seconds.

Now, for non-runners, the fact that his first 8 and a half miles was done at a pace of 8 minutes and 17 seconds, the gigantic difference between Derick was undertrained and/or he does not know how to pace himself. He went out way, way too fast and he paid for it at the end. 

In reality, you want your first 13.1 miles to be just slower than the second 13.1 miles---which is referred to as negative splits. 

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have to know what the temperature was and why those children are in the freaking car when it looks so nice out. 

Well, Jill was likely at the start to cheer him on and this video is around mile 4. If she's not good at running---which I doubt she is---the only way to get to mile 4 before him would be to drive and park. 

The high today, in the area however, is 48* with no chance of rain. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

It means it took him 1 hour, 13 minutes, 19.47 seconds to go from 20.2 miles to 26.2 miles with an average pace of 12 minutes and 13 seconds.

Now, for non-runners, the fact that his first 8 and a half miles was done at a pace of 8 minutes and 17 seconds, the gigantic difference between Derick was undertrained and/or he does not know how to pace himself. He went out way, way too fast and he paid for it at the end. 

In reality, you want your first 13.1 miles to be just slower than the second 13.1 miles---which is referred to as negative splits. 

Well, I hate to say it, but that's pretty darn impressive for someone whom we've never seen put any time (or at least mention it) into training and has a tendency toward dry heaves when running. He is built like a runner, though, so maybe he just has some sort of natural aptitude for it.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have to know what the temperature was and why those children are in the freaking car when it looks so nice out. 

I live about an hour away. It's in the low 40s right now. This morning was kind of chilly. Severe storms came through the area yesterday, and the temperature dropped considerably. 

• Love 1
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

Well, Jill was likely at the start to cheer him on and this video is around mile 4. If she's not good at running---which I doubt she is---the only way to get to mile 4 before him would be to drive and park. 

How exciting for the boys!

I wouldn’t think vehicles could be on the route.

Just now, Zella said:

I live about an hour away. It's in the low 40s right now. This morning was kind of chilly. Severe storms came through the area yesterday, and the temperature dropped considerably. 

Thank you!

• Love 1
Just now, Absolom said:

The National Weather Service said 39 degrees and windy.  I'd leave the kids in the car while I waited, too.

Yup! Heck, it was 70's and drizzling at kiddos race this morning and I left little sister and dad in the car. LOL

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

How exciting for the boys!

I wouldn’t think vehicles could be on the route.

Thank you!

Each race is different. In some areas the roads go on complete lock down, for other races they may only block one lane. That appears to be how, at least some, of this marathon was done. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, I hate to say it, but that's pretty darn impressive for someone whom we've never seen put any time (or at least mention it) into training and has a tendency toward dry heaves when running. He is built like a runner, though, so maybe he just has some sort of natural aptitude for it.

Agreed. Clearly made the classic rookie mistake of going out too fast at the start, but that’s common and it’s hard not to be filled with adrenaline and wanting to get out from the pack. 

Agreed about him having a runner’s build. When I first heard he was doing it I figured he wouldn’t have too much trouble. Build helps a lot, plus the previous marathons he’s allegedly done. 

This reminds me I need go to get my run in. Can’t have Derick being more productive than me. Feels sinful.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8

I hope she didn’t stay for the four plus hours. What is wrong with that woman? The kids had to be beyond bored. I would have been at the start, they take the kids home, or take them to an indoor playground. Then meet him at the finish line. Jill just can’t function at an adult level. I also would have been pissed with her standing on the course. Jill is brain dead and insensitive.

• Love 4

At the finish line.

He must have a light schedule that allowed him to train. No wonder he's been so evasive about what he actually does. He managed to get in a few long-distance runs in when the rest of the population would have been at work.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yup! Heck, it was 70's and drizzling at kiddos race this morning and I left little sister and dad in the car. LOL

Each race is different. In some areas the roads go on complete lock down, for other races they may only block one lane. That appears to be how, at least some, of this marathon was done. 

Where I live they will close down certain roads to the runners and emergency vehicles. Usually in Helena the races start in the downtown area where it is a major pain to find a parking spot in the first please, and they do warn drivers to stay clear of the area where the runners are at, and put up notices along the race route about parking. I did do traffic control once on Halloween as a police department volunteer near the governor's mansion. My first time to learn how to do it, and I swear I will never, ever do it again. Almost got ran over by a couple riding bicycles while I was helping a family cross the street. They thought they did not have to stop because they were not driving a vehicle. Seriously... I was hoping the officer who were with us would have giving them a ticket, but he did not see it, and the volunteers are not allowed to hand out tickets for this.

Which leaves me to a few next questions...Did Jill follow Derelict the whole race or part of the race? Did she think he might be defrauded by some hussy female runner? Is he allowed to do anything without her with him?

Too bad they're off the show. Running a marathon is more interesting than the constant parade of weddings and babies. 

Smuggar only did a 5k, and I remember thinking that I could have walked his time. It was that bad. 

• Love 11

Jill's last two videos (Derick running and Sam attempting to crawl): All of the excessive "yyyaaaaayyyys," just stahp! Find another word that means "yay" and use that for a change.

Evidently Jill was not too insecure to post that video even with a glimpse of Derelict's defrauding abs as he was taking off his shirt.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill's last two videos (Derick running and Sam attempting to crawl): All of the excessive "yyyaaaaayyyys," just stahp! Find another word that means "yay" and use that for a change.

Every time she says "yaaaaay," I want to box my ears. That she also uses it so often in writing brings me to despair.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That is not a terrible time at all, especially for a first marathon.  Who knew?

Maybe he was trying to outrun Barnacle Jill. He should have hidden her car keys. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doofus is apparently going to attempt to run a marathon tomorrow. I hope he's gotten that puking under control. 

Poor Sam has that worried "WTF have I gotten myself into" look on his face with these two.

• Love 3