Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Don't forget to ask her if she just LOVES Johnny Weir doing the main reporting for the ice skaters?  :-)

Thanks for reminding me. How could I forget Johnny?!  One of my favorite male skaters ever. I know some people don’t like his and Tara’s commentary, but I enjoy it most of the time.   I’ll ask her how she likes his outfit, hair, and makeup. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, floridamom said:

It looks like Izzy and Sam should be in bed. Why do these idiot people think it's ok to drag small children 'out' with them at night time events?

It looks like dusk to me, not true night. I'm hoping Izzy and Sam's fond memories of hanging around college students will influence them to want to attend college themselves.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Cathy's condescending post for a favor drips with contempt - I'm guessing for liberals.  Her "conservative christian" brain can't conceive of anyone different from her rooting for their shared country.  She and Derelict prefer to think the worst of those who hold different beliefs from their "correct" thinking.  They really are hateful, close minded people, professing a devotion to a Jesus who would likely be appalled by their attitudes.  

And one of the things is that die-hard "liberals" make up far less of the voters than she probably imagines. I voted Republican quite a number of times back in the day, and even though I lean slightly left on most issues, I'm still very much moderate overall. And I suspect that there are a lot of people with that general mindset out there. 

Honestly, this thread over the past day or so (haven't been paying close attention as we have been celebrating Mom's 84th birthday, but she's sleeping now) has had me handing out "likes" right and left and wishing I could multiply most of them tenfold. So many amazing posts and insights!

• Love 16
On 2/9/2018 at 11:10 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Am I the only one who sort of likes Jinger's outfit? It looks like something I'd have worn when I was still young and thin. Of course, that was in the early 80's and maybe it was in style then? I don't know...I don't pay too much attention to fashion as a rule, so other than the big hair and shoulder pads, both of which suited me (I have naturally curly hair and very narrow shoulders), I don't recall any particularly iconic 80's look.

Anyway, I like the color combination, and would be more prone to wear that outfit than any other in the picture. But with Jana's shoes.

I actually like it and liked it more when I thought she was wearing high waisted palazzo pants. I don’t like the shoes though. The color is too light. She’d look even better with a shoulder length hair cut.

• Love 2

What liberal lies, Derick?

They are HIS tweets.  He tweeted them. They are his words.  We all read them. Did someone hack his twitter? 

And if Derick is truly concerned about Jazz being abused, there are better ways to address it, not attack her on social media.  That is the wrong way to handle any situation. 

• Love 17

I wonder where J & D are financially? Do they have any income now? Derick claims a job, yet won't say what it is. Rent, 2 kids, a car, cell phones, groceries, etc. Will they end up moving into the TTH or Cathy's? 

I'm guessing Jill & Derick will be the first of the adult kids to struggle financially and it will be interesting to see how they manage.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Don't forget to ask her if she just LOVES Johnny Weir doing the main reporting for the ice skaters?  :-)

Someone needs to tweet Derrick and ask him how he feels about ice dancing. Let's see what his nonsensical response would be.

I'm thinking something along the lines of  "I like iced tea."

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder where J & D are financially? Do they have any income now? Derick claims a job, yet won't say what it is. Rent, 2 kids, a car, cell phones, groceries, etc. Will they end up moving into the TTH or Cathy's? 

I'm guessing Jill & Derick will be the first of the adult kids to struggle financially and it will be interesting to see how they manage.

Josh was probably the first one to struggle after losing his D.C. job and had to move back home. I doubt he is having success selling used cars and taking care of his wife and five kids money wise.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, BitterApple said:

I have to say, I was having several hundred defrauding thoughts about Hot Tongan during the opening ceremony.

@Sew Sumi & @BitterApple I was a bundle of defrauding thoughts. I say he joined men’s cross country skiing just for me- that’s my fantasy and I’m sticking to it. Off to the prayer closet I go! 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Josh was probably the first one to struggle after losing his D.C. job and had to move back home. I doubt he is having success selling used cars and taking care of his wife and five kids money wise.

I thought of Josh too. Josh had 2 homes and 2 jobs before being fired from both and started working for JB right after Jesus Camp. Maybe he's starting to feel it now. I think the only cushion Jill & Derick have is whatever TLC money Jill/they have saved which I'm thinking they're dipping into now. Derick doesn't seem the type that could fix a fence or sell a car for his life.

• Love 8

Jill and Derick were living in the McMansion when Derick worked for WalMart. They should have been able to save the majority of his salary. Derick was also on payroll at SOS and had free housing. During that time, they were also grifting for cash with "Dillard Family Ministries." Once again, they should have been able to save a big chunk of that. Any appearance money from Counting On would have been additional income over what they already had coming in from Derick's "jobs."

There's no question (in my mind) that Josh, Joe, Ben and Josiah are under JB's "umbrella of authority" and get their income from Duggar Enterprises at JB's discretion. I think Derick may chafe at that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did, too. He can bloviate and disassemble all he wants on his twitter feed, but he's a coward and a weakling, and I don't think it would be that hard to bring him to heel.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Now there's an interesting question.

My guess is that they will move into the TTH because they are missionaries and Jim Bob is "supporting their mission work". 

Or, Jim Bob will "donate" money to his missionary son in law. 

• Love 3
On 11/02/2018 at 2:37 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Really? Cathy asks that all Americans cheer for the Olympic athletes as a "favor" for her ??? A favor? For her

I feel like I'm nitpicking on everything she says, but to me that just sounds so self important. Like, in order  bring Cathy happiness, we should all join together and do this thing that we wouldn't do otherwise. 

Uhhh, Cathy ... The majority of Americans probably are on some level going to be cheering for the Olympic athletes . They really don't need you to burn a personal favor with all of America in order to receive support. I actually don't think you have that much pull with all of America to begin with. But if you think that as a personal favor to you, you can persuade the masses to do something they would never consider doing in the first place ... more power to you. 

I just can't with her anymore. 

But if you do, she’ll owe you one. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess this is part of Derelict's "homework?"

Isn't that the outfit he got married in?

Why do the kids have stickers on their backs?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Would you have rather seen his interpretive dance?

The kids might have understood that more than a straight up lecture. WE, OTOH, would have cringed. And snarked, of course. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

I also wanted to point out that Derelict is definitely lying about his position at the church. The following is a list of staff at Cross Church. You will not find his name amongst these people. I did find out that the Fayetteville campus is offering the financial training seminar twice a week (two different seminars, not one seminar twice a week) starting at the end of February. 

http://crosschurch.com/staff/

He's delusional about his role at the church. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
felt the need to re-state the obvious
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also wanted to point out that Derelict is definitely lying about his position at the church. The following is a list of staff at Cross Church. You will not find his name amongst these people. I did find out that the Fayetteville campus is offering the financial training seminar twice a week (two different seminars, not one seminar twice a week) starting at the end of February. 

http://crosschurch.com/staff/

He's delusional about his role at the church. 

I am curious and wonder if anyone at Christ Church - the staff that is, knows that Derelik is advertising himself as staff.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

None of this makes sense to me, not the hashtags, not the power point with 5 year olds, not the suit, nothing makes sense.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

If this is homework, he's gonna fail his course.  Giving a "power point" lecture to young children - fail.  At least this power point - it looks like files or something?  Not interacting with the children and facing the board - fail.  Horrific fitting suit, with pants that look like they haven't been ironed in a year - fail.  Those shoes - fail, fail, fail.   And the I got stuck working with kids but I still, somehow found it within myself to have a good time - WTF??

• Love 17

Cross Church likely has no clue that Derelict is passing himself off as "staff." The place is pretty big, and I doubt his 'professors" follow his twatter. 

Had to post this gem of delusion that he retwatted w/r/t millenial women choosing to become SAHM over working. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

None of this makes sense to me, not the hashtags, not the power point with 5 year olds, not the suit, nothing makes sense.

If you zoom in on the screen, you'll understand. On the left side is a column headed "perfectly reasonable questions." The middle column is headed "perfectly reasonable answers" and the column on the right is headed "how Derrick would respond."

He's been teaching a class in how to frustrate the piss out of people on Twitter.

• Love 18

Good grief these people are a special kind of stupid. Latch key kid here but I am a baby-boomer with more in common with GenX'ers than other baby boomers. My mother worked, my grandmother worked and her mother worked.

I think they just make up their own "facts". 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Good grief these people are a special kind of stupid. Latch key kid here but I am a baby-boomer with more in common with GenX'ers than other baby boomers. My mother worked, my grandmother worked and her mother worked.

I think they just make up their own "facts". 

Exactly. They're acting as if boomer/GenX women were the first to work outside the home. Dumbasses. 

• Love 9

My mother did not go to work until my dad left. She had to learn to drive because she was not allowed to get her driver's license due to having a seizure disorder for years before going out to work. My husband's youngest sister went back to work after her husband died because she has two sons at home to take care of. Not all women have a romantic view of work, but they work outside of home to keep a roof over their children's heads and food to eat because the husband/father has left or died or are deadbeat fathers who do not pay any type of support. Instead of running off at the mouth again, he should be going after deadbeat fathers. Of course, in his small pathetic mind it is the mother's fault instead of taking a long hard look at the father. I do remember a few of you saying he may be angry because his mother worked. I am starting to agree with this point of view.

Edited by bigskygirl
Learn proper English one day
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He was probably assigned to this class because the kids are too young to understand stupid. Older kids or adults would have booed him out of the room. Poor kids look like they're waiting for a cartoon to come on, instead, they're looking at green folders. Maybe, it's a  sort of fundie hypnotism.

• Love 11

I also think it's his wedding suit. 

Also many generations of women of my family worked when they no longer had little children and the family needed money. @Chicklet That too! 

I suppose Derick is one of those people who also has realistic and not romanticized notions of work, which is why he chooses to stay at home with his young family. 

• Love 8

I hate myself for saying this but my son would have been captivated by a power point presentation. Probably mostly because he rarely watch tv or use iPads/computers 

I am lost for words his “Had a good time nonetheless “ comment that’s really sad ?

Edited by Totally
To correct my stupidity
  • Love 7

That PowerPoint presentation looks less interesting than ones I've seen about governmental budgets.  My guess is he only owns the one suit (which he should trade with Jeremy since Derick's are too big and Jeremy's are too small).

If I found out that my imaginary child was being subjected to a "class" taught by Derick, I'd be long gone from that church.

• Love 22

As much as I think Derick is full of it, I also think that people who haven’t worked full time outside the home can have inaccurate views of what it’s like to do so.  (I’ve certainly met people who do.)  Much like I probably have inaccurate views of what New York City is like, since I’ve never been there. Or of what it’s like to be a SAH[Whatever]. 

Of course, I suppose it’s hardly surprising that they took something with a grain of truth and mangled it up until it was unrecognizable. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's so sad to see young children being indoctrinated into a cult. And someone has to be told that name tags go in the front. 

Why in hell is he wearing a suit to talk in front of such young children? And PowerPoint?

You have to adapt to your audience buddy. For a guy who has kids, I don't think he knows much about them. 

What the hell was he teaching those poor souls anyway?

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I guess his statement also proves he doesn't know any history- WW2 Dreck? Women in droves, including MOTHERS, went out to work because all the men were away doing something with guns or something.

He can't look at the Rosie The Riveter poster - it's defrauding!  

Cripes, those poor kids - they look pretty well behaved but still...too young for whatever this is.  I'd bet that this is a 'teaching' portion of his classwork for his mission position course. 

I think he and Cathy and the other self righteous twitterpated fundie fools eat it up when they get posts or texts or comments that call them out on their bullshit, because then they can justify their holier than thou selves, and make themselves feel good for being good Christian soldiers.  Nothing but an ego stroke.  Then they just delete the opposing views away, because only their opinions matter since they are at the side of Jesus.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's so sad to see young children being indoctrinated into a cult. And someone has to be told that name tags go in the front. 

Why in hell is he wearing a suit to talk in front of such young children? And PowerPoint?

You have to adapt to your audience buddy. For a guy who has kids, I don't think he knows much about them. 

What the hell was he teaching those poor souls anyway?

According to his hashtags, he's teaching the Good Samaritan story and about love. Good luck with the latter, buddy. 

• Love 4

So there's a game where you put a nametag/sticker/post-it with a word on it. You have to guess what it is based on the theme (such as biblical characters) and hints given to you by the other people who can read your sticker and need help with theirs. You often walk around and ask for help. My best guess is the kids' played this game before they sat down for lecture in part to burn off some energy.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

According to his hashtags, he's teaching the Good Samaritan story and about love. Good luck with the latter, buddy. 

I had to look it up. I don't know much about stories from the Bible.

However, there must be some kind of picture book that exists. He should be on the floor with them telling the story. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Why do the kids have stickers on their backs?

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It has the kid's name on it. So when they pass out face down on the floor from boredom, you can just call their parent over to carry them out of the room without having to roll the kid over to identify them or anything.

Haha,  Celia!  So yeah,  any church worth its salt has a rigorous security program for babies and older kids these days.  Just this morning,  walking to the parking lot after church,  I pointed to a little boy's sticker on his back and suggested that my husband should have one in case he wanders off or someone besides me tries to pick him up. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I had to look it up. I don't know much about stories from the Bible.

However, there must be some kind of picture book that exists. He should be on the floor with them telling the story. 

There are  plenty  of guides to teach children  that  story , even  if there was not it's  not that hard to sit with them, tell the the story , have them act it out and draw pictures  of the story . He did say it was  not the class  he expected  but he needs st learn  how  to adapt .  Yes I know this is Derick  we are talking about  but if he can not make a simple  change he really  needs to change what  he plans to do for a living . 

• Love 2