Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Dying here!   So funny!

I was going to quote the same thing (see below). You beat me to it, @Arwen Evenstar. ??

“Laurakaye said: ‘Dreck....is only a fur coat away from begin an actual sloth.’ ”

ETA because I don’t know how to get the original post above the second one. Gah!!

Edited by Love2dance
Don’t know how to compose the way I wanted.
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

JereMe also does that wrinkled forehead agape mouth schtick.  I second that thought (want them OFF my lawn!)  Old lady boomer here.

My sister does it too in all SM posts and I literally feel repulsed. And I actually do mean literally. Such a gag worthy look on anyone.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Wasn't Jill the one sobbing when she had her wisdom teeth removed, terrified of even going? How does she go from that to nose piercing? 

As for her looking uncomfortable in the jeans, I would be too. Those things look like old thrift store jeans, super heavy denim. There's much more comfortable denim these days, she should try some. 

Well Jill went through at least one 24 hour labor, pain med free.  I'm sure everything else is a piece of cake now. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She looks cute except for that headband thing.  I am NOT a fan on those on gals over say 10.  I apologize of this offends anyone.  Its a personal thing.

Maybe she's balancing out the more masculine pants.  It's not my thing but it doesn't bother me. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

And comb it! I think he would be better off with short hair (and Jill would, too) simply because he clearly has no interest in personal grooming. They both need wash and go looks, and they both have high maintenance looks instead. Jill has that huge mop of hair that she doesn't wash, or comb, or trim. She wears layers upon layers of ill-fitting mis-matched clothing. Derick has an unfortunate Jill-cut, and 3-day beard.

Jill looked good in jeans and a sweater. Simple clothing choices with a short, layered hair cut would look great on her. Derick should make a choice -- a real beard or no-beard -- and stick to it. He could find a brand/style of pants that fit and stock up, then dress them up or down with button-down shirts: untucked for casual wear, and tucked with a tie and jacket for formal occassions. Done and done.

While I appreciate and agree with your suggestions, the effort and care it would take from the two of them clearly dictates that it won't happen.   Neither of them gives a shit about their appearance because God and being "special".   

• Love 4

I bet Jill feels left out of not going to college and is annoyed she didn't have that opportunity.  Jim Bob and Michelle always made college seem so worldly and naughty.  Jill is finding out that college is fun and educational

Maybe the nose ring is her way of saying "I'm not as goody-goody as you think" "I'm cool too!"  and trying to fit more with normal people.  If that's true, I feel bad for her.  She is always going to come up with the short straw because of her poor education. 

I hope the nose ring is Jill doing what she wants but I suspect it's her way of trying to fit in.  Kinda sad. Jill is 25 or so? She is married with two children.  And NOW she is trying to fit in like a 13 year old girl?  Wow.  Well, we always said she was emotionally stunted and here it is!

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 16

I think the nose stud is a stick on. I just can't see goody- goody Jill, who always followed the rules, doing something so permanent. She's just not that bold. and isn't that dumb not to realize it would get some kind of reaction. If JB hit the ceiling she could just peel it off.  If it's a favorable reaction from enough people, maybe she will go ahead and get a real piercing.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

So which sister is going to show up on a beach in a bikini. Lol

Jinger! Totally Jinger.  

Jessa has weight issues.  Jill?  Nah.  Joy?  Austin won't let her.  Not Anna. Not Kendra.

Jinger wins. 

Edited by Marigold
Edit: Jessa is concerned about her own weight. I think she looks fine. Didn't want to seem I thought she was fat.
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jill posting Sammy again but actually showing off the piercing. Why not just make a post explaining why she got it. I bet they'll make an episode about it to make her seem interesting again.

When has she ever been interesting???

• Love 19

Another nice photo of Jilly and Sammy spoiled by trash bags in the background. I really do hope those trash bags actually contain Christmas decorations.  Are the Duggars so damn lazy 5hey can’t compose a proper photo? Never mind, that’s a rhetorical question.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I bet Jill feels left out of not going to college and is annoyed she didn't have that opportunity.  Jim Bob and Michelle always made college seem so worldly and naughty.  Jill is finding out that college is fun and educational! 

Maybe the nose ring is her way of saying "I'm not as goody-goody as you think" "I'm cool too!"  and trying to fit more with normal people.  If that's true, I feel bad for her.  She is always going to come up with the short straw because of her poor education. 

I hope the nose ring is Jill doing what she wants but I suspect it's her way of trying to fit in.  Kinda sad. Jill is 25 or so? She is married with two children.  And NOW she is trying to fit in like a 13 year old girl?  Wow.  Well, we always said she was emotionally stunted and here it is!

I do not think Jill is jealous because she did not have the opportunity to go to college. I think she is more afraid Dwerp may find other women attractive aka the young college crowd, She may be envious of Jinger because Jinger is not tied down with a child or is pregnant, plus the fact Jeremy is considered the great catch. She is stuck with Dwerp now. If she wants to expand her education, she can do it. Why learn when you can blame others for your life not being what you want it to be. Her nitwit husband got a decent college education, and he has thrown it to the waste side. She is probably looking at him and thinking he wasted his time getting a college degree.

Edited by bigskygirl
35 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

This theory is kinda (well way) out there, but she could've been inspired to get the piercing by Derrick's time in Nepal. In Ayurvedic medicine, a left nostril piercing is meant to help ease reproductive related problems. Similar to Chinese acupuncture, in Ayurveda there's a pressure point in that area that is said to connect directly to the reproductive organs. Maybe it's a last ditch effort to try and reduce some of her childbirth woes.

It sounds out there, I know, but people have been piercing their daiths (innermost ear cartilage) for years to relieve migraines. While the piercing itself is not a research based practice, vagus nerve stimulation has been proven to reduce migraine symptoms, and the daith is exactly where the vagus nerve is in the ear.

I've known Christians who believe in Eastern practices but just divorce them from their religious roots, kinda like the Christian Yoga thing that was touched on. I can see Muffy being that way. 

Maybe Jilly will use this belief to sell Boob on nose piercings. 

Jill :  But daddy its supposed to help with reproductive issues, really.

Boob: Reproductive issues? That's baby making stuff, right? Hey, hey, hey. Ok, carry on. In fact, get one for Jinger too.

MEchelle: Me first. I'll pierce my whole face. That'll get me lots more 'blessings' for sure.

• Love 18

Well wax my shell and call me Mitch McConnell, a Duggar daughter got a visible piercing.

The previous pictures could show a bump from a new piercing. I imagine Jilly Muffin isn't able to soak the piercing two times a day, plus has a toddler who probably gets grubby fast and an infant. So it wouldn't be uncommon to see some sort of pustule or granuloma if she's touching the piercing without washing her hands constantly. The higher up position is also the way most piercing salons do it now. Mine is lower down my nostril because I thought it would look better. In retrospect I should have gotten it higher up.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, ariel said:

Of the married ones, I don't think that would be a pretty sight.

Jinger probably would look okay since she is not pregnant or had a kid already.

On the subject of Jill and Dwerp's reproductive issues, I bet Michelle was jealous and JB was a little envious Jill got pregnant so fast after getting married. Now will someone please hand me the heavy duty brain bleach please.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

On the subject of Jill and Dwerp's reproductive issues, I bet Michelle was jealous and JB was a little envious Jill got pregnant so fast after getting married. Now will someone please hand me the heavy duty brain bleach please.

Just ordered another case. We've been going through a lot lately.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I agree with you about Jinger and the bikini. I think Michelle wasn't particularly jealous now that she is in her fifties and was plenty fertile at Jill's age. I hope that's true. Especially considering  Michelle had at least one kid and was married awhile too when she was 23 (the age Jill got married).

I think Jill would have a baby right anyway if the family was more mainstream and allowed the kids more freedom. Jill had baby fever when she got married. She had that  wedding shower with lots of babies present, she joked to JB before she wed she would have as many kids as he and Michelle if not more, and she was training to be a midwife etc. Jessa fell in love with motherhood after her oldest was born. I think she would have put it off longer if she could.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Well wax my shell and call me Mitch McConnell, a Duggar daughter got a visible piercing.

The previous pictures could show a bump from a new piercing. I imagine Jilly Muffin isn't able to soak the piercing two times a day, plus has a toddler who probably gets grubby fast and an infant. So it wouldn't be uncommon to see some sort of pustule or granuloma if she's touching the piercing without washing her hands constantly. The higher up position is also the way most piercing salons do it now. Mine is lower down my nostril because I thought it would look better. In retrospect I should have gotten it higher up.

HILARIOUS!

• Love 13

Huh, she actually got her nose pierced. Did not see that coming. Maybe the college kids she's been around have been influencing her/she thinks she could influence them more if she were "cooler." Or maybe she's been hanging out with the crunchy mom set, though I find that hard to believe that should spend much time with non-fundies or not give any indication on social media that she has friends. 

• Love 5

Well, Jill is really enjoying the nose ring attention.  She is quite the fame whore all of a sudden!  "Look at me, I'm so cool with my nose piercing! Look at me. Another picture!"

I hope we don't see Jill posing with her nose piercing 24/7 like Jeremy poses with his books! 

• Love 8
On 11/28/2017 at 7:26 PM, sixlets said:

They can't hold hands before engagement, but Jilly can get herself a new hole.  Wouldn't that be going against God and her countenance?  I mean, she's 'messing' with what God gave her.

The ultimate Christmas present for all of us would be a pic of Muffin smokin' a toke.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

IMG_1480.JPG

• Love 20
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't think Jill has a nose piercing. I think it's stick on type of stud. No way would they 'mutilate' their bodies. It goes against their beliefs from what I understand. We'll see if they ever make a statement about it.

I'm pretty sure they pierce their ears.

• Love 8

As an ex IBF, most women do have their ears pierced.  A nose piercing is tricky because Rebekah, in the Bible, clearly had a nose ring. 

There is a small group of very religious who do not pierce due to the verse about not cutting your body.  And, of course, the verse about not tattooing your body.  

Then, there are the evangelicals who say that is "Old Testament Law" and will pierce, tattoo and do a lot of things that might surprise you because "they are saved by grace, not by the law".  

Apparently Jill is really getting into the groove at Cross Church where piercings, tats, dancing, long hair on men, social drinking seems to be the norm for the younger members. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm a little uncomfortable with the suggestions on this thread that only women who haven't given birth should be allowed to wear a bikini in public because it won't be "pretty." Very few people have "perfect " bodies, but I say if you feel comfortable revealing some stretch marks or cellulite, more power to you. I have a lot of body shame issues and am sincerely jealous of women my size who aren't afraid to flaunt their voluptuous silhouttes. 

I agree, darling--you have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of in that area, as do they. I personally think the bodies of women who have given birth are spectacularly amazing and powerful. 

• Love 22
44 minutes ago, Aja said:

I agree, darling--you have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of in that area, as do they. I personally think the bodies of women who have given birth are spectacularly amazing and powerful. 

I have no problems with women who had babies wearing a one or two piece swimsuit. My problem is the Duggar attitude of if a woman wears one she is a heathen hussy and asked to be sexual abuse or raped. and it is all her fault if she is attacked.

We need to remember that it is JB and Michelle who think that way.  The Duggars offspring grow up saying they believe the same as their parents. We all fervently wished that the offspring would determine their own beliefs.  Yet when they do make halting steps, we criticize because they aren’t moving fast enough or in what we think is the right direction. Which makes us just like  the Duggars . 

I think it is great that Jill is wearing pants and has either done  a true nose stud or a stick-on - and I despise piercings other than ear lobes. She’s stepping outside of her parents beliefs and into hers. She’s going to do some missteps. All adolescents do. She’s just old for one. 

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have no problems with women who had babies wearing a one or two piece swimsuit. My problem is the Duggar attitude of if a woman wears one she is a heathen hussy and asked to be sexual abuse or raped. and it is all her fault if she is attacked.

I think we're all in agreement that the Duggar attitude of "skin = hussy" is stupid and dangerous.

But in fairness, in your earlier post you seemed to be saying that Jinger was the only one who would look "okay" in a two piece.  I don't think you were commenting there on what would be okay with Boob and Meechelle, since they don't think bikinis are acceptable for anyone. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if one of his BFFs Martha Stewart would figure out a way to market them.  

Martha and Snoop could market the fuck out of it!

The Elf is super creepy to me, the whole idea. But I'd buy Snoop on the Stoop and I'm 40 with no kids. 

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, Portia said:

I think we're all in agreement that the Duggar attitude of "skin = hussy" is stupid and dangerous.

But in fairness, in your earlier post you seemed to be saying that Jinger was the only one who would look "okay" in a two piece.  I don't think you were commenting there on what would be okay with Boob and Meechelle, since they don't think bikinis are acceptable for anyone. 

I am sorry if I upset anyone. I see nothing wrong with women who had one or more child(ren) wearing a one or two piece swimwear. I battle with self esteem issue when it comes to wearing swimwear myself due to weight gain in the middle and scars from two operations. I had people including doctors who look at my kidney operation scars in shock. I had one doctor ask me if they meant to do it. I was thinking yes I hope they meant to save my left kidney and my life. I had at least one ask me if I was the one who had a kidney transplant instead of my husband. I think I would remember having a transplant at the age of four since the chances of me getting a kidney back then would have been slim to nothing.

31 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if one of his BFFs Martha Stewart would figure out a way to market them.  

I hope so!!!  If they ever come to fruition, this is what everyone in my family is getting for Christmas!  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I will just put this here....... Derick was the first person that came to mind when I saw this

http://www.tradingup.org/

from the site "Texts from God"  oooooh so THAT was the "Tablet" Moses was using to convey God's words?

{sorry - - I have a table reserved in Hell for me and my peeps... no need to yell at me}

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DawgMom said:

from the site "Texts from God"  oooooh so THAT was the "Tablet" Moses was using to convey God's words?

{sorry - - I have a table reserved in Hell for me and my peeps... no need to yell at me}

Hey, I have a condo reserved down there ... I can always add on!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That's not the problem. The problem is if she wears it around a married man and gets divorced, her wearing the bikini caused it. 

Only in Michelle's pathetic mind did this really happen. I do not think the same thing would happen if one of the Duggar daughters over the age of eighteen wore a bikini. In fact, I have seen pregnant women wear a bikini. It boggles the mind how JB and Michelle relive this one time to make it look like Michelle is some heathen hussy, and JB had to save her from herself.