Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Do you live near a Denny's restaurant?  One of my ex-coworkers would go there on his birthday and get free lunch, and then go back to get free dinner.

Boob would be so proud!

Yes, I actually live very close to a Dennys. Once I tried to get Mr Lunera to take me to Chevys to get the free sombrero and dessert and he refused. He's actually really embarrassed to ask for free birthday goodies.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I had a drippy sundae dream last night! Apparently, it has 1000 calories. 

Actually, I'm so sure that is on the low side, but that's what I read on the menu in my dream. ?

Every time I read about, or see a drippy Sunday in this thread, I want one. It's ice cream and hot fudge. What could be bad?

• Love 8

The tortilla hat gave the little guy some shade. It looks like his poor little leg has a few bug bites. Its a little odd that a parent that is so cautious around a baby scratching himself isn't so concerned about sun, heat and bugs.

• Love 8

Just in case anyone still lingered under the misconception that Derick was going back to school or that his student ministry was in any way academic, this application that a brave soul filled out should dispel that notion. Note that they also require tithing and other donations to the church on top of the $12k. Nice grift from mostly college-aged kids, Cross Church. 

59b197036416f_apppage1.png.ae667a928185275b778b74583ca25983.png

59b19708b9524_apppage2.png.43abe010f33492a7dca853c664559036.png

59b1970cf0446_application3.PNG.94380cf1390c0cfb69eb0ee694855000.PNG

59b1970f8c8aa_application4.thumb.PNG.f2d0c80c0d1149aa4f0cd121b00c8f20.PNG

• Love 5
On 9/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, JoanArc said:

There will have to be a new header soon.  Once Joe marries Ann Veal we'll know what's up.

HER?

sigh. I missed a day, & im

like the 8th "her" on this thread. You all are awesome. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Honestly, I think these are nice pictures. The kids look clean and happy; Jill and Derick look clean and happy. They are doing something appropriate for a young family without a bunch of Duggars in tow. Putting a tortilla on Sam's head is about the most light-hearted thing I've ever seen from these sad sack, humorless dolts.

The way Izzy is trying to shelter from the sun concerns me. Early childhood UV exposure considerably increases the risk of melanoma later in life. Fair skinned and fair haired people (like Izzy) already have a higher susceptibility to melanoma. I went to primary school with a blonde boy who died from melanoma at 21! That could've been me! And it could be Izzy!

And sun damage is just hideous. Look at Jill and Derick. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What do they mean by New Testament stewardship? 

I think the precise opposite of how Derelict tweets from Proverbs and the OT. I think they mean that they are supposed to follow Jesus and (I suppose) Pauline lines of faith and evanelicize with that in mind. Even Sierra does her Lettering of the Day from NT quotes, not Proverbs of the Day. 

eta: Speaking more about that app, the ALERT one has much more detail on it for far less time and money investments. This one doesn't even ask how you came to Jesus. If Cross Church doesn't even care about that, the more I think this is a money grab, plain and simple. 

IOW, I think Derelict is getting played, throwing good money after bad. I hope he doesn't get another penny of support from the leghumpers and has to bear the full cost of his program himself, as he should be doing as a 28 year old man, not a college aged kid. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, christine falls said:

The picture of Samuel with a tortilla on his head is still on IG, you have to scroll over, it's the last picture in the set. 

I love the relaxed photos, but why are none of them wearing hats and sunglasses, and I'll assume no sunscreen either

Is the danger of sun exposure not as widely known as in Australia? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, kalamac said:

Remember the endless "Slip, slop, slap" campaigns. Slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen, and slap on a hat.

Izzy looks a lot older than he really is in that first picture.

‘Slip, Slop, Slap! It sounds like a breeze when you say it like that Slip, Slop, Slap! In the sun we always say 'Slip, Slop, Slap!'

Slip, Slop, Slap! Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat Slip, Slop, Slap! You can stop skin cancer - say: 'Slip, Slop, Slap!'

I'm that old ?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Why do they have tortillas with them anyway?  Is that Jill & Derick's idea of packing a snack for a trip?  These people are so weird.

The tortillas are for feeding the animals. The farm probably provided them.

God, I'm defending them. Ugh. However, both kids are cute. Izzy looks like one of those smart and pensive kids.....have to admit I have a soft spot for those types.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Mollie said:

I guess the Dillards didn't receive enough donations to pay for sunscreen and a hat for the baby.  I also guess they don't teach about skin cancer in homeschool.

They may have forgotten his little hat.  The tortilla seems to be doing its job in the meantime.  As humorless as they are, that was actually funny.  Maybe Izzy did it.

Dont give these dumb fucks any ideas.  They might put up a gift, I mean a grift, registry. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Totally said:

I love the relaxed photos, but why are none of them wearing hats and sunglasses, and I'll assume no sunscreen either

Is the danger of sun exposure not as widely known as in Australia? 

It's certainly advertised, but large swaths of people ignore it. Too many seem to think that unless they're on a beach or poolside, they don't need sunscreen.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4

The information about UV rays, broad spectrum protection, etc. is definitely out there, but maybe not in places Duggars are looking. As a fellow mega-Caucasian I had a few nasty burns before age 18 because I was young and careless, but now I never leave the house without at least one layer of SPF 30+ in my moisturizer, primer, CC cream, and/or powder. This is easy to do if you use Clinique or other mid-level brands, or even Neutrogena, but maybe Jill doesn't bother with any of that. Obviously men have a tougher time with the daily stuff, especially if they're of the mindset that using moisturizer is gay. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The information about UV rays, broad spectrum protection, etc. is definitely out there, but maybe not in places Duggars are looking. As a fellow mega-Caucasian I had a few nasty burns before age 18 because I was young and careless, but now I never leave the house without at least one layer of SPF 30+ in my moisturizer, primer, CC cream, and/or powder. This is easy to do if you use Clinique or other mid-level brands, or even Neutrogena, but maybe Jill doesn't bother with any of that. Obviously men have a tougher time with the daily stuff, especially if they're of the mindset that using moisturizer is gay. 

I'm a mega-Caucasian as well and I live in the desert. Broad spectrum sunscreen and floppy hats are as necessary for me as water. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I hate to defend them, but, I have never seen Israel appear to be sunburned despite the fact they've either been in Arkansas or El Salvador since his birth.  They must use sunscreen on him, otherwise, he'd be red as a lobster in at least a few the pics they've posted since his birth.  I do agree that he could use a hat with a brim or some sunglasses as the eyes need UV protection, too.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Marigold said:

As I have posted before, I'm a legal idiot.

I don't know how to even explain my point but WHY is Derick in constant trouble for his donation requests?  Doesn't this loser know that he is doing things wrong or breaking the law or something?  Why does he keep doing this...putting up requests and it gets pulled down??

Whatever he is doing that is wrong, WHY DOES HE KEEP DOING IT???  Can't he get in trouble? Isn't he embarrassed? 

I truly do not understand any of this. If you do something wrong, you fix the issue and don't repeat it. 

It looks like Pure Charity has specific categories of things they will accept. I frankly can't see how any Dillard enterprise (or, actually, any Duggar-related enterprise I've heard of, really...) would fit into any of the categories.

Here they are: Water, Food, Freedom, Health, Opportunity or Relief   (I don't know whether they allow other kinds of fundraising that doesn't fit into these categories -- like maybe these categories just go for actual fundraising events directed at nonprofits or something??? And you can do some kind of individual donation-accepting for other purposes? Dunno...)) 

Anyway, if these are the only categories, I wonder whether Der tried one category, got rejected from it after they scrutinized his plan and found it irrelevant to that category, and then tried again with another category?

I really don't see any category that would fit his plan, which -- like all the clan's plans -- appears to be supporting enterprises that tell people to believe in the correct Jesus.

But I can easily imagine him putting up his donation page marked "Freedom" (because believing in the correct Jesus sets us free!), having Pure Charity go "Oh, hell, no." And then putting it up again under "Opportunity" because believing in the correct Jesus gives us the Opportunity to serve him in glory for eternity! .... Etc. .... I can imagine him (or, in fact, anybody else in the extended Duggar clan) doing this through all six categories, actually. Because I don't think they're fast learners. 

Of course, I can imagine him making plenty of other fine-print-related mistakes, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What do they mean by New Testament stewardship? 

Well, according to this thing that I found, it seems to mean the difference between being an Old Testament WE HAVE DOMINION OVER THE WHOLE EARTH AND WE RULE, GOD DAMN IT! person and actually kind of a nice person who follows some of the more generous stuff that's in the New Testament. (the stuff we're always saying that the Duggars should do.... ha) 

http://www.johnrfrank.com/resources/lessons/lesson-two.asp

Lesson Two: Old and New Testament Stewardship

I. Introduction

II. Old Testament

- Ownership - Ps. 24:1 The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.

- David - Temple I Chronicles 29

III. New Testament

- Paul - Philippians 4

- Paul - II Corinthians 8,9

II Cor. 8 and 9 - ENTIRE CHAPTERS

2 Cor. 8:1-3 And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.

2 Cor. 8:7 But just as you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us--see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

2 Cor. 8:10-12 And here is my advice about what is best for you in this matter: Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

2 Cor. 8:19-21 What is more, he was chosen by the churches to accompany us as we carry the offering, which we administer in order to honor the Lord himself and to show our eagerness to help. We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men.

2 Cor. 9:5-7 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to visit you in advance and finish the arrangements for the generous gift you had promised. Then it will be ready as a generous gift, not as one grudgingly given. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Cor. 9:11-13 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

IV. Questions for Consideration

What is a Christians responsibility regarding stewardship of time, talent, and treasure?

How should a Christian determine priorities?

How does the New Testament guide us in our stewardship decisions?

Does our giving as Christians affect the world?

Does God keep track of what we give? Time, talent, and treasure?

Back to Lesson One

• Love 4

The Dullards were on the TLCme.com header two or three weeks ago, but now they're gone. However, this season is months old. Did they get edited out entirely? 

I guess I will have to hate-watch to find out. Jill has to be part of Joy's wedding planning, especially dress shopping, right? Maybe they cut out Derelict. He's dead weight anyway. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How is it that t-shirt size warrants the first page of that application, after name and address and before information about education, current church and all the other stuff? 

"Is there any criminal history we should know about ?" 

Is the question about criminal convictions is always worded like it is here? Because , well if you're asking, I have a rap sheet from Arkansas to the moon but you don't need to know about it .

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, lianau said:

"Is there any criminal history we should know about ?" 

Is the question about criminal convictions is always worded like it is here? Because , well if you're asking, I have a rap sheet from Arkansas to the moon but you don't need to know about it .

I love it that they ask a question to which the answer is always "no." 

41 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Do DumDums count?

Are they time, talent or treasure? .... In the Duggar clans' case, I'm thinking "talent." 

• Love 2

Derick's ongoing quest to be a missionary reminds me of the 40-50 year old guys I know who are still trying to live the rock star life of their teenage dreams by playing in dive bar bands with another group of guys their age. They all look slightly sad and pathetic, way too excited to be there, and completely out of place. 

• Love 22

Eh, I know quite a few older guys who still play small bars with groups of their friends. They have a ball and don't take themselves seriously. The audiences have a great time too.

Derick on the other hand, takes himself vey very seriously and wouldn't know fun if it bit him in the ass.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Eh, I know quite a few older guys who still play small bars with groups of their friends. They have a ball and don't take themselves seriously. The audiences have a great time too.

Derick on the other hand, takes himself vey very seriously and wouldn't know fun if it bit him in the ass.

I was thinking of the musicians I know who still play small bars. It's their passion, it's a great time.  Oh, and they all have day jobs. 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

I was thinking of the musicians I know who still play small bars. It's their passion, it's a great time.  Oh, and they all have day jobs. 

Same. My sister and brother-in-law have one, actually. 

1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Derick's ongoing quest to be a missionary reminds me of the 40-50 year old guys I know who are still trying to live the rock star life of their teenage dreams by playing in dive bar bands with another group of guys their age. They all look slightly sad and pathetic, way too excited to be there, and completely out of place. 

I approve of old dudes (or dudettes) rocking out and I dearly hope I am never too old to be ridiculous. 

~ latetotheparty who is hitting up two punk shows this weekend. Hey, I'm (barely) younger than the Ramones ?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Same. My sister and brother-in-law have one, actually. 

I approve of old dudes (or dudettes) rocking out and I dearly hope I am never too old to be ridiculous. 

~ latetotheparty who is hitting up two punk shows this weekend. Hey, I'm (barely) younger than the Ramones ?

Both my sons are way past their teens, but both are still in bands. My one son plays guitar, and his band plays at local bars. They always draw a large crowd. My drummer son, even had a band when he was on active duty in the air force.  Later in life he had the privilege of taking lessons from Dave Brubeck's (if anyone remembers him) drummer who was well up in years. He still plays in a band but not as often. It has been their life-long passion and my grandchildren who are in college love to see their father play and even bring their friends.

But, to bring this back on topic, unlike Derick, they have responsible jobs and don't sit around waiting to see what God has planned for them next. 

• Love 14

A older friend used to play a sad, pathetic dive bar as a gig and something to do and he had another job. (He now just plays music, because he's retired.) He felt the  divebar was pathetic and that was when he was doing live music. Some joints you can't class up.

Meanwhile I do wonder how the Duggar expectations play into what is happening with Derick. It doesn't help that in-laws are probably encouraging him to pursue missionary work versus getting a good office job. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Meanwhile I do wonder how the Duggar expectations play into what is happening with Derick. It doesn't help that in-laws are probably encouraging him to pursue missionary work versus getting a good office job. 

Considering his only other marketable skill is interpretive dance that cannot be unseen, he should never have quit his Walmart job.

• Love 12

I just went to another Duggar snark forum and people posted screenshots of the comments to his masturbation tweet. 

Really, I laughed thinking about Derick reading #slapthemeat and how he is taking things into his own hands.   I HAVE to go on twitter just to read the comments when life overwhelms me...it's a good diversion!  

• Love 2