Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

How cute. They do the Proverb a Day thing, and that passage was from Proverbs 6. I wonder what they do with the all-important Proverbs 31 in months like June that only have 30 days? What about February 28th? Do they have to do 4 proverbs that day?

• Love 1
(edited)

She's not due for another month! Yikes! 

eta: That pic was from their trip to Silver Dollar City last week. They were amongst those who didn't make the trip to Waco and Laredo. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I feel bad for both first-borns of Jessa and Jill. Both stuck with horrendous first names (Israel less so) while their younger siblings get nice, normal-sounding names. 

Jinger's or Joy's children are going to be named Ninevah and Bob. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Derick bought Jill her first pair of Chacos before they were married. I want to say they were a birthday present, so that would have been during their engagement. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Derick's looking much better. I don't know if he gained a few pounds or what, but he appears far healthier than he has in the last few months.

Was just going to say, Derick is looking much healthier in recent pics.

Edited by GleamingMist
My sentence made no sense
  • Love 1
(edited)

If you look at pictures of families with kids, most of the time one or both parents is touching their child; hand on shoulder, kid on hip, holding hands, etc. In so many pics of the Dillard family Izzy looks as if he is an afterthought or interloper.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15

Damn, as another poster mentioned, it really looks like Izzy is picking his nose. He's such an afterthought that they can't even be bothered to wait to get a pic of him with his fingers out of his nose.

#nasty #picker #justgetitoverwithalready. #needtogrift

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Damn, as another poster mentioned, it really looks like Izzy is picking his nose. He's such an afterthought that they can't even be bothered to wait to get a pic of him with his fingers out of his nose.

#nasty #picker #justgetitoverwithalready. #needtogrift

I think he is actually manipulating his nose.  According to Daddy Derick, that's what Izzy likes to do.  Bad Izzy! 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

And some how, Pistol Pete looks the best in the picture. Derrick looks rough, Jill looks exhausted, and poor Izzy looks completely lost.

I think Jill needs to cut off her pony tail like Derick did.  

I understand that Jill is taking a month off 'work' for early maternity leave, but what about Derick?  Can't he find some place in Arkansas to be a missionary for several months and justify asking for donations?

0 0 1 a Pete.png

• Love 3

Anyone else find Derick's Pistol Pete fixation weird? Granted, I've never been the team spirit, mascot loving type, so maybe this is a cultural thing I just haven't been exposed to, but it's one thing to have nostalgia for a character and another to talk about it all the time and take a picture with him every time you see him and post those pictures to social media. I don't get it.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

...and poor Izzy looks completely lost.

Get used to that feeling, little man, it's just going to get worse when the new baby comes, then the next baby, and the next as your clueless parents follow JB & Michelle's lead in spawning an army of kids they can't afford and don't really want.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Anyone else find Derick's Pistol Pete fixation weird? Granted, I've never been the team spirit, mascot loving type, so maybe this is a cultural thing I just haven't been exposed to, but it's one thing to have nostalgia for a character and another to talk about it all the time and take a picture with him every time you see him and post those pictures to social media. I don't get it.

Yup - I find it very weird. 

• Love 7
Just now, tabloidlover said:

Yup - I find it very weird. 

It's one of those things where I can't decide if he's just that odd or he's playing it up for the cameras. Like maybe when he first started on the show, producers had him go on about his dad being PP and how Derick became PP, because people love sentimental stories like that. But he's too stupid to know that sentimentality has it's limits and going on about the same thing for years just makes him a weirdo.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Someone asked if they were back in the states. Why no, we are still in Danger America where Derick's college mascot always wanders around. Geeesh. #facepalm #dumbasshit

LOLOLOL!  You guys are killing me with the hashtags!!!  

55 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I think he is actually manipulating his nose.  According to Daddy Derick, that's what Izzy likes to do.  Bad Izzy! 

We all know what will be next.  He'll be playing with his pee-pee!!!  Major sin!

• Love 7

There is some psychology to that whole Pistol Pete love.

Derick reverts to a time in his life where he was happy...he is "stuck" in that time period and enjoys the good emotions that come with Pistol Pete.

Like people who are stuck in the 70's or 80's with hair, clothes, make up.  They felt happiest in the 80's in high school and just kept going with that look, reminding them of when they were 17.  

Michelle is a perfect example of that.  She is perpetually stuck with that bad 80's hair. She thinks of herself as 17, a time in her life she must've loved and felt good about herself. 

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Marigold said:

There is some psychology to that whole Pistol Pete love.

Derick reverts to a time in his life where he was happy...he is "stuck" in that time period and enjoys the good emotions that come with Pistol Pete.

Like people who are stuck in the 70's or 80's with hair, clothes, make up.  They felt happiest in the 80's in high school and just kept going with that look, reminding them of when they were 17.  

Michelle is a perfect example of that.  She is perpetually stuck with that bad 80's hair. She thinks of herself as 17, a time in her life she must've loved and felt good about herself. 

Derick only did the Pistol Pete thing for two years (2009 – 2011).  He and another student were chosen out of 15 that auditioned.  It wasn't a very big competition.  But for Derick, compared to his life since, it was the highlight of his life. He wasn't athletic, but got to prance and dance in front of roaring crowds at football games.  He even got to shoot a toy gun.  He really got off on doing that.  It was his entire social life in college because he never had a girlfriend and was very much a loner

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, lascuba said:

He WAS Pistol Pete so for him its probably not weird so I get it - plus it's something he can share with his Dad since he was also the mascot.  But I have a friend who is pretty obsessed with the Mascot of one our colleges, she went there for school and has no other attachment to the mascot other than he's a bird and she has a pet bird.. but she has to get a picture of him or with him whenever she can.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Derick only did the Pistol Pete thing for two years (2009 – 2011).  He and another student were chosen out of 15 that auditioned.  It wasn't a very big competition.  But for Derick, compared to his life since, it was the highlight of his life. He wasn't athletic, but got to prance and dance in front of roaring crowds at football games.  He even got to shoot a toy gun.  He really got off on doing that.  It was his entire social life in college because he never had a girlfriend and was very much a loner

Exactly.  He gets a rush out of remembering when he was "popular" and fun.  Let's hope he doesn't start wearing the Pistol Pete head in Danger America! 

I do get it's a fun thing to share with your son and his deceased father was Pistol Pete...

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Exactly.  He gets a rush out of remembering when he was "popular" and fun.  Let's hope he doesn't start wearing the Pistol Pete head in Danger America! 

I think Pistol Pete would make a nice piñata.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I would never post a picture of my child picking their nose.  

The devil made them do it! Sorry I could not resist.

On the subject of Pistol Pete...I think Derick likes to show all of us heathens he was in college and was the mascot in his glory days because lets face it, his life sucks now. I also wonder how his dad would have felt if he knew his son hooked up to the Duggar famewhore wagon. Would Derick have done so if his dad was still alive.

Derick's tweet to himself

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4

I love Pussy Galore's comments.  They are always wedged right in the middle of leghumper posts!

Jill looks cute there.  That's a nice pregnant lady outfit, HOWEVER--why is it acceptable to tightly show off your pregnant belly but not your unpregnant belly?  Is it because in Duggarland pregnancy is a "Fetish" of sorts?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I love Pussy Galore's comments.  They are always wedged right in the middle of leghumper posts!

Jill looks cute there.  That's a nice pregnant lady outfit, HOWEVER--why is it acceptable to tightly show off your pregnant belly but not your unpregnant belly?  Is it because in Duggarland pregnancy is a "Fetish" of sorts?

Because it shows that you had sex within wedlock. Because what it boils down is the Duggars talk constantly about sex.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I would never post a picture of my child picking their nose.  

Actually, if you enlarge the picture, he is touching his lip, not his nose. But I wouldn't worry too much about a two year old doing that, anyway. Not that I'd purposely post it, however.

• Love 8

They would have to look at Izzy, and care to notice. I don't want to give up on a toddler, but I don't see him making it to a four year university. I do hope he proves me wrong.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's kind of weird. Why announce the name when the kid isn't even here yet? Although I will admit I like Samuel Scott. I'm happy neither Jill nor Jessa is doing a single letter theme a la Michelle and Anna.

Isn't that a Fundie thing naming the child (fetus) so soon?  Remember when Erin Bates made the grandchildren quilt for Kelly to announce she was pregnant with Brooklyn?  Brooklyn's name was already included on the quilt when Erin had probably just found out baby's gender.

After seeing Jill in her clingy shirts, I have some questions.  I'm old so bear with me.  How does she wear her skirts being so pregnant?  Is the waistband under her belly since it looks like shirt is stretched over her belly & not over the skirt?  I know they make different type of waistbands for maternity clothes but we're not so sure she wears maternity clothes so I'm wondering how this works for her especially on their infamous jean skirts. I'm sure it's not even that comfortable with the stretchy elastic waist skirts scrunched under her belly. 

Once again, I'm spending too much time on the Duggars.  Really, why should I care how comfortable Jill's non-maternity wear is?  Lol.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Isn't that a Fundie thing naming the child (fetus) so soon?  Remember when Erin Bates made the grandchildren quilt for Kelly to announce she was pregnant with Brooklyn?  Brooklyn's name was already included on the quilt when Erin had probably just found out baby's gender.

After seeing Jill in her clingy shirts, I have some questions.  I'm old so bear with me.  How does she wear her skirts being so pregnant?  Is the waistband under her belly since it looks like shirt is stretched over her belly & not over the skirt?  I know they make different type of waistbands for maternity clothes but we're not so sure she wears maternity clothes so I'm wondering how this works for her especially on their infamous jean skirts. I'm sure it's not even that comfortable with the stretchy elastic waist skirts scrunched under her belly. 

Once again, I'm spending too much time on the Duggars.  Really, why should I care how comfortable Jill's non-maternity wear is?  Lol.

*lol* The Duggars are like a car accident or seeing law enforcement officers in your neighborhood. You know you should look away, but you cannot help but look.