Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Here's an outer limits question: How do we know they actually got on the plane to Guatemala City? Maybe this was a dress rehearsal.

I trust nothing this couple says or does, including the fact they actually left the country. They may be "visiting" elsewhere on the sly.

Well, they landed in Guatemala and are now in Antigua, where they "studied Spanish" for two weeks in August: https://www.facebook.com/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray-269181913180625/

zptG6yH.jpg

Ok, I know it's wrong to bag on people's looks, but I'm going to do it anyway because Derick is a jerk who runs cats over with sleds and doesn't think there's anything wrong with doing so. Dude fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• Love 5

Maybe Jill intends to deliver the Benessa baby via text. "1 mor push...thx..."

She does love skype...

Re: Derick's looks. His two front middle teeth have shifted SO FAR from midline. I have no idea how, but man, it's weird.

• Love 4

Re: Derick's looks. His two front middle teeth have shifted SO FAR from midline. I have no idea how, but man, it's weird.

His lips are off center from his nose, his teeth are off center from his lips.  It's like the lower part of his face is shifting, one section at a time, each part shifting just a little farther over.

• Love 5

She does love skype...

I've been trying to figure out what is so "off" ever since his surgery or whatever he had done.  I think this is it.  The top front teeth are all the way to the right, and the entire bottom jaw is shifted over the the right.  The top half of his face almost seems disconnected from the bottom.  Hopefully he's only midway through treatment and eventually it will all be resolved and he'll have the results he was aiming for!  

ETA:  Candy Cane, we posted at the same time!  :)

Edited by awaken
  • Love 4

She does love skype...

I thought he began about one tooth off center.  It seems like his orthodontist is not of the best.  They should at a minimum have stopped the rotation the wrong way with the braces.  I had a daughter who began about 1.5 teeth off and they brought it back half a tooth while straightening her teeth and then cranked the jaw around to center as the last thing. 

• Love 1

Yep that's Antigua Guatemala on his Instagram. 2rw2e53.jpg

Derick made his Instagram private but he tweets his individual Instagrams, which seems like it makes the whole private account thing pointless.

Convenient that no one is IN the posted photo, not even a selfie. This could be a stock photo from the Internets, for all we know...I have become such a conspiracy theorist, thanks to these lying liers who lie. Edited by Liz Tudor
  • Love 22

Wow, Derick managed to get a photo of a completely empty street in what's usually a heavily trafficked tourist area! Hmmm, that's not suspect at all....

ETA: I just found the exact same photo on Shutterstock.com, so the Dullards appear to be totally full of shit as usual. I don't know how to post links yet, but if you Google "stock photos Antigua Guatemala" it will pop up.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 21

Wow, Derick managed to get a photo of a completely empty street in what's usually a heavily trafficked tourist area! Hmmm, that's not suspect at all....

I count four people on that street. Just sayin'

Maybe that post about getting a shipping container to Antigua really was Jill's.

Convenient that no one is IN the posted photo, not even a selfie. This could be a stock photo from the Internets, for all we know...I have become such a conspiracy theorist, thanks to these lying liers who lie.

They went there previously with Joy and a Bates-ita, here's a pic from that trip 2r7bpna.jpg. It's a place known for language schools, and given they said they were off on a trip to be "immersed" in the Spanish language, it makes sense they're in Antigua Guatemala.
  • Love 1

Derick and Jill just posted a video to the Official Duggar FB page. Jill briefly demonstrates her Spanish skills (FU Internetz moment!) while Derick is barely intelligible. Setting aside his looks, because I think it's mean to pick on someone for their post-surgery appearance, Derick honestly seems like he has trouble speaking clearly now. He literally sounds like he has a cotton ball stuffed in his cheek. Is that normal at this stage in the procedure process?!? 

Edited by Guest

And my question is, why not do what they do every other day of the year and post a selfie? Just posting a picture of a near-vacant street doesn't necessarily mean they are actually there right now. It smells funny when a Duggar doesn't post a selfie, these days...

• Love 6

I really hope there's an osteotomy planned for Derick, to shift the whole mouth/jaw into alignment.

ETA: I saw the video, aside from the face wonkiness, do they only have one chair?

Edited by Kokapetl

Derick could have several appliances in his mouth that do impede speech.  The braces are visible but a bar behind the bottom teeth or a device across the roof of the mouth aren't visible and are very normal in situations like this one. 

• Love 3

I had a palate expander in junior high school that made me talk like I had peanut butter stuck to the roof of my mouth, but I don't remember my face ever looking as offset as Derick's. I wonder who's footing the bill for all this dental work now that Derick's unemployed. Somehow I just don't see any of the Duggars purchasing insurance through Obamacare.

I thought he began about one tooth off center.  It seems like his orthodontist is not of the best.  They should at a minimum have stopped the rotation the wrong way with the braces.  I had a daughter who began about 1.5 teeth off and they brought it back half a tooth while straightening her teeth and then cranked the jaw around to center as the last thing.

Ouch!
  • Love 1

Yes, but it sounds a little worse than it is.  They put this spring device in her mouth and every time she opened and closed her mouth it tightened just the teeniest bit.  I think that was easier than a jolt from an adjustment every four weeks.  Derick doesn't seem to have an appliance like that.  Orthodontic technicians do make mistakes.  I know we had a couple calls where I thought things didn't look right after a couple of hours and I was right.  The people at work kept telling me not to call and I got to laugh as I left to get the child in for a fix.  Teeth going as far in the wrong direction as far as Derick's have gone definitely warrants a serious, serious conversation. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1

I wonder if Derick isn't keeping up with his orthodontic appointments. If he wasn't able to find an orthodontist to take his case in Central America, he wouldn't have been able to go in monthly to have his braces adjusted like you're supposed to. Maybe that's what's screwing up his progress.

• Love 1

Everything about this "mission" is so screwy. Why would anyone start a long-term process like braces with one care provider knowing that he will not be able to maintain that relationship? Why would someone quit a full-time job with full benefits just after starting a process like that?

• Love 17

ETA: I just found the exact same photo on Shutterstock.com, so the Dullards appear to be totally full of shit as usual. I don't know how to post links yet, but if you Google "stock photos Antigua Guatemala" it will pop up.

Thank you for researching that.

These people are so scammy that they can't even post pictures that they photographed themselves.

They're most likely at a luxury resort as his mother is healthy and traveling.

• Love 8

I tried googling and found many pictures of street and arch but  I could not find any exactly the same as what he posted.  I think he took the picture and they are in Antigua. Not trying to defend them because I am not keen on their type of missionary work.  

• Love 3

I tried googling and found many pictures of street and arch but  I could not find any exactly the same as what he posted.  I think he took the picture and they are in Antigua. Not trying to defend them because I am not keen on their type of missionary work.

Thanks for looking because I thought that's what probably happened. I was just going through my parents slides from the fifties and so many of the places we visited if not of us they could have been stock slides. If you're in a popular place everyone takes the same shot.

eta: I was in Antigua many years ago and loved all the secret garden courtyards that are often behind those colorful walls. I wish I had a house built around a garden and love the rooms opening up to it.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 4

I also wonder how well the Duggars' fundie Gothard speak translates into Spanish. The Duggars speak in Christianese. They don't converse like a "normal" family. For example, a mature, rational woman would say: I'm menopausal so no more babies for me!

But Michelle would say: The Lord has blessed me with precious blessings but I'm in a new season of life now.

Nonsensical, flowery language that only a fellow Gothardite would understand.

Several of Gothard's books are published in Spanish.  There's a photo of Jana Duggar passing out Gothard books in Central America in this article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2505953/duggar-family-homeschool-program-sued-for-sexual-abuse

Everything about this "mission" is so screwy. Why would anyone start a long-term process like braces with one care provider knowing that he will not be able to maintain that relationship? Why would someone quit a full-time job with full benefits just after starting a process like that?

This.

• Love 3

Yes, but it sounds a little worse than it is.  They put this spring device in her mouth and every time she opened and closed her mouth it tightened just the teeniest bit.  I think that was easier than a jolt from an adjustment every four weeks.  Derick doesn't seem to have an appliance like that.  Orthodontic technicians do make mistakes.  I know we had a couple calls where I thought things didn't look right after a couple of hours and I was right.  The people at work kept telling me not to call and I got to laugh as I left to get the child in for a fix.  Teeth going as far in the wrong direction as far as Derick's have gone definitely warrants a serious, serious conversation. 

Ugh, as a person who has braces 3 times and jaw surgery, please no, that Derrik's mouth is a work in progress. They broke his jaw. The bottom had to heal so no new wires on it during the bone healing phase. They continued to work on the top which is why he looks off centered. I guarantee you, his bite and smile will be great when his treatment is all said and done. Can't comment about his maintenance appointments. I am certain there are orthodontist's were ever he is, but I still think the mission crap is all fishy.

• Love 3

Derick listed 'Spanish speaker' on his LinkedIn, but is still learning basic words for foods?! Christ, I knew that much just from watching Sesame Street as a little kid. Talk about padding the ole resume with that claim, Derick.

• Love 12

I don't know why or how she came into the picture, but she lives near the family.  It could be that Michelle simply couldn't write a blog, so she asked someone else to do it.  (Speculation.)  Anyway, some of the posts that are quickly removed (like Jessa asking for baby presents and giving the mailing address) may have been written by her and not the family.  When the show was canceled, they thanked her for the work she did on the blog over the years.  Wish that were the end of the story, but it, as we know, continues 'Counting On.'  

I have to say, I think there's no question that Me-chelle could not write a blog. She can't talk without using the same 6 sentences and the same 10 words - over and over. Boob either - he must have repeated "I can't believe little Jill is getting married..." a minimum of a dozen times - that made it to air!! - on the Jill wedding episode. How in the world could either of them sit down at a keyboard several times a week and write at least a few paragraphs on an original thought? Not to mention that the original thought has to be conjured up first. Nope, can't see it. I would bet a lot that their blog is ghost-written. Pathetic.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 7

I have to say, I think there's no question that Me-chelle could not write a blog. She can't talk without using the same 6 sentences and the same 10 words - over and over. Boob either - he must have repeated "I can't believe little Jill is getting married..." a minimum of a dozen times - that made it to air!! - on the Jill wedding episode. How in the world could either of them sit down at a keyboard several times a week and write at least a few paragraphs on an original thought? Not to mention that the original thought has to be conjured up first. Nope, can't see it. I would bet a lot that their blog is ghost-written. Pathetic.

Michelle does write a blog for their website and if you recall from the advice to new wives she should probably not be writing anything. 

I don't know why or how she came into the picture, but she lives near the family.  It could be that Michelle simply couldn't write a blog, so she asked someone else to do it.  (Speculation.)  Anyway, some of the posts that are quickly removed (like Jessa asking for baby presents and giving the mailing address) may have been written by her and not the family.  When the show was canceled, they thanked her for the work she did on the blog over the years.  Wish that were the end of the story, but it, as we know, continues 'Counting On.'

They have an about us section on their blog where they talk about how they got started and it seems they also write one for the Bates.  

• Love 1

Jill is practically a nurse she learned from her daddy to learn from the professionals. She sat with the dentist and learned everything she needed to know. With that being said daddy brought her all the tools so she can work on Derick's teeth while they are away.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 12

Michelle does write a blog for their website and if you recall from the advice to new wives she should probably not be writing anything. 

They have an about us section on their blog where they talk about how they got started and it seems they also write one for the Bates.  

I'm confused. Your comments here seem to say conflicting things. Do we think Me-chelle writes the Duggar blog? Which is what your first comment here implies - or do these leg-humping girls do it? In your second comment here you say they "also" write one for the Bates. Thanks.

I'm confused. Your comments here seem to say conflicting things. Do we think Me-chelle writes the Duggar blog? Which is what your first comment here implies - or do these leg-humping girls do it? In your second comment here you say they "also" write one for the Bates. Thanks.

Sorry, I meant Michelle writes a blog for the Duggar Family website (ran by the Duggars) http://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week   This is not the same site as the one Ellie and her mom do called the Duggar Family Blog or something like that and they also do a blog about the Bates.  

Edited by auntieminem
  • Love 1

Derick listed 'Spanish speaker' on his LinkedIn, but is still learning basic words for foods?! Christ, I knew that much just from watching Sesame Street as a little kid. Talk about padding the ole resume with that claim, Derick.

Or studying the Goya section in the supermarket, lol.

• Love 10

I've been trying to figure out what is so "off" ever since his surgery or whatever he had done.  I think this is it.  The top front teeth are all the way to the right, and the entire bottom jaw is shifted over the the right.  The top half of his face almost seems disconnected from the bottom.  Hopefully he's only midway through treatment and eventually it will all be resolved and he'll have the results he was aiming for!  

ETA:  Candy Cane, we posted at the same time!  :)

Just what I was thinking. I hope they're not doing whatever to Derick. He's not my cup of tea, but he was OK while he first met Jill. Since then, however, he's been in steady decline.

• Love 1

Looks like they're back in the same villa they were living in before? Did they use donations to pay the rent while the unit was empty the last 2 months?

Pickles showed it's the same apartment as before in Antigua.

• Love 1

If Derick and Jill think this pose makes him look as though he's genuinely cracking the books, he's wrong. The Duggars CAN - NOT - ACT. Period. He looks like he's struggling with Spanish 101.

What he looks like is a Klingon.  Because Star Trek is the last time I saw a forehead that wrinkly on purpose. 

11950648_1002341999828972_1346355158_n.j

Mind you I am not commenting on his teeth because, well... my teeth.

ETA: sorry the pic is so huge, I don't know how to shrink it

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

If Derick and Jill think this pose makes him look as though he's genuinely cracking the books, he's wrong. The Duggars CAN - NOT - ACT. Period. He looks like he's struggling with Spanish 101.

On second thought, Derick has the exact same expression on his face as I do when I'm doing my taxes...

• Love 3

Ugh, as a person who has braces 3 times and jaw surgery, please no, that Derrik's mouth is a work in progress. They broke his jaw. The bottom had to heal so no new wires on it during the bone healing phase. They continued to work on the top which is why he looks off centered. I guarantee you, his bite and smile will be great when his treatment is all said and done. Can't comment about his maintenance appointments. I am certain there are orthodontist's were ever he is, but I still think the mission crap is all fishy.

Is it all possible that someone got pissed at Derrick, slugged him & broke his jaw? Is it possible what we are seeing now is being sold to us as procedures he needed to fix an ongoing problem when really it's because he started in how great of a Christian he is but everyone else is going to hell and blah blah, and someone decided to punch him? Because I don't remember his face looking off kilter until he started having the surgery and stuff around the time Izzy was born....and it also doesn't make sense to go through this type of treatment when you no longer have a job/benefits, you're traveling out of the country, you're on national TV, etc.....

Also, Derrick....the Duggar money and fame train will run out....and you won't be able to afford to feed all of your 10+ blessings and get Botox later in life when you return to your accounting job. So please stop wrinkling your forehead like that!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4