Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

Perhaps the real photo had Jill's knee showing, that skirt looks oddly blurry. And if that's really her right leg, she's doing some major contortions to kiss him.

I vote for total Photoshop fail on whatever they were trying to achieve in that photo. Otherwise, Derrick really is holding a random penis between them.

Honestly, it reminds me of a certain female wrestler. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Heavy eye roll on the "we still do". Ugh, whatever. You've been married one year. Let's talk when it's year 20. That's an accomplishment.

We'll be married 22 years in September. I realize that we're newlyweds compared to most on this site. ;-)  I just loves me some barely-married "experts".

You know they're writing a book about advice on marriage, too.

• Love 15

We'll be married 22 years in September. I realize that we're newlyweds compared to most on this site. ;-)  I just loves me some barely-married "experts".

You know they're writing a book about advice on marriage, too.

21 years in May, which I privately think means my marriage is old enough to drink now.

The poor babies. Can you imagine sitting down now and reading a book-length explanation of all the Theories you had as a newlywed about being married and raising children? The thought makes me cringe.

• Love 7

I am so not trendy, but I've seen the chalkboard thing all over the place lately. I even got a chalk board gift last year - I still need to find someone with better handwriting than mine to write on it for me. I am still very confused about what the heck that is in the bottom/middle of the photo though.

I fail to see why posting about a first anniversary is snark worthy. As someone married for 25, Id say it's ignoring the day that gets you into trouble.

• Love 6

When I first looked at the pic, I assumed the white blob in front of them was a blurred out Israel. Derrick is leaning into Jill, which agrees with his arm peeking out between them. I think I probably just figured that his hand was grasping Israel's foot or something.

New here...not sure of the format so I apologize if this is incorrect!

In front of them in the field it looks like a box with Jill's wedding bouquet to the left and maybe her bridal purse on the box.

Jill and derickdillard are milking Izzy for all he's worth. "The haters are getting restless, time to post Izzy!" Ugh.

And ok, he's a baby and inherently cute I guess, in a way, but....I think he's kinda funny looking. *runs*

He has a case of resting Jill face. He'll grow out of it. ;-) 

• Love 1

One of the commentators on the picture thought the white box in front of them was the top layer of the wedding cake you eat on your first anniversary. IIRC, mine tasted like sawdust after spending a year in our freezer.

• Love 1

I thought maybe that was Israel's foot between them. Whatever it is, that is weird.

IIRC, mine tasted like sawdust after spending a year in our freezer.

My cake was the best cake I have ever tasted in my entire life. So we ate ours when we got back from our honeymoon, as birthday cake for my husband's grandmother. Best decision ever. It would have been a huge shame to waste such tasty (and expensive!) cake.

• Love 6

Oh yes.  We need married advice from them.  Can you feel the collective eye roll?

I was reading on People that the man who invented the pink plastic flamingo has died.  Sierra needs to bring out all of the stored ones, painted and non-painted, in a tribute to him.

• Love 3
(edited)

One of the commentators on the picture thought the white box in front of them was the top layer of the wedding cake you eat on your first anniversary. IIRC, mine tasted like sawdust after spending a year in our freezer.

That's a shame. I think it's all about wrapping it correctly, and thankfully I had a knowledgeable friend who helped with storage of my girls' cakes. My youngest and her husband said their first anniversary weddiing cake was delish...and this was after it had been shipped from Alabama to Boston.

RE: social media...maybe it's just me, but I feel like people of all ages have trouble with balance. One of my daughters hardly makes a grocery run without putting it on Facebook, but I know people three times her age who are the same way. My other daughter has a very exciting life as a newlywed at a prestigious school in a new city but only very occasiovery occasionally posts something on Instagram and Twitter. With the Duggars, I am just waiting for the day that they post something that's interesting or has the ring of spontaneity or sincerity.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 3

She is addicted to pintrest, isn't she?

We are married 15 years in a few weeks.

We won't be posing with a chalkboard. ;)

If you don't post a chalk board pic, then how will your fans still know that you're in love?
  • Love 15

It is just a picture. I think it is cute, don't care what is in the middle of them. I think most of us take a photo of ourselves on our first anniversary. Many are probably quite snark-worthy if posted. My g/f showed me hers from 35 years ago. She was drunk as a skunk, mascara running down her face (back then it was a battle to keep it on) and a ciggie hanging out of her mouth. We laughed and laughed. Good times? I don't know. She said yes.

They are a normal couple to me with Jill raised in a very abnormal environment. I think she is doing very well considering.... we hope for more growth but we are all products of our parents.

Cute couple, cute photo. And I do not know them nor do I wish to. LOL.

• Love 7

At first glance I didn't notice anything else but their locked lips.  It looked to me like they were swapping tongue and had to put on my reading glasses for a clearer view.  Do I need to go to the prayer closet?  lol.

the chalkboard thing is so corny.

MAYBE for a pregnancy so you can see the number of weeks. Not for a one year anniversary.

Can't wait for their marriage book. Or child birth guide.

• Love 2
(edited)

My g/f showed me hers from 35 years ago. She was drunk as a skunk, mascara running down her face (back then it was a battle to keep it on) and a ciggie hanging out of her mouth. We laughed and laughed. Good times? I don't know. She said yes.

I met the future Mr. Bitter Apple at the deli counter in Wal-Mart and the first time we went out was with a group of friends to a nightclub. I had a few, okay, a ton, too many cocktails and ended up passed out in my friend's bathroom after we all went back to her house. We're still together seven years later and getting married next year. I think I officially have the most white trash love story of anyone I know. I don't know what I'm going to tell our future children about the way our relationship started, lol.

Score one for the sloppy drunk party girls!!!

Jill and Derick are so nauseatingly boring I don't know how a spin off would last.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

At first glance I didn't notice anything else but their locked lips. It looked to me like they were swapping tongue and had to put on my reading glasses for a clearer view. Do I need to go to the prayer closet? lol.

I'll join you in the prayer closet. That's the first thing I noticed too.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll join you in the prayer closet. That's the first thing I noticed too.

When the family did the 'kissing on Instagram' thing, I never saw anything but closed mouths pressed together, and that's all I see here. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jill and Derick were also at SilverDollarCity yesterday. I guess the new job that Derick referenced in that email is not conventional employment. I have a feeling he's in the employ of JB now. *sadface* Yes, they set up that non-profit for their "ministry," but that word can mean a ton of things, not just going on mission trips. If there were still doubters about Derick being assimilated by the Duggars, I think they can be put to rest; he may as well change his name to Derick Duggar. 

https://www.facebook.com/1561331044117771/photos/a.1561336054117270.1073741828.1561331044117771/1608296356087906/?type=1&fref=nf

eta: Derick needs a shower. Badly. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Damn, Derick and Jill are looking rough. They're aging fast for two people who don't have to worry about money, don't have to work traditional jobs and are living in a free McMansion.

Do you guys actually think people will donate to their ministry? I'm super particular about researching non-profits before I donate any money. I'm guessing a lot of leg humpers will feel bad for Jill and open their wallets.

• Love 6

I fail to see why posting about a first anniversary is snark worthy. As someone married for 25, Id say it's ignoring the day that gets you into trouble.

Most people don't post their professionally posed one-year anniversary photo to social media as damage control.

I'm not sure we had a picture taken on our first anniversary. We were too busy living through the first year of marriage, which consisted of recovering from a bad car wreck, two family members and a close friend dying, and suing a local car dealership over the car we bought to replace the wrecked one. We learned pretty quickly that getting to the "we" point was critical for the marriage to survive.

I'm not sure the Dillards are there yet, or if they'll ever be. Marriage is a lot more than posing with a cutesy message written on a chalkboard.

• Love 16

When the family did the 'kissing on Instagram' thing, I never saw anything but closed mouths pressed together, and that's all I see here.

My take as well. Derick is definitely not opening his mouth, and Jill's just a maybe. Maybe the "we still do" is really - kiss with our mouths closed?

• Love 3
(edited)

the chalkboard thing is so corny.

MAYBE for a pregnancy so you can see the number of weeks. Not for a one year anniversary.

Can't wait for their marriage book. Or child birth guide.

The chalkboard thing is a template for Jill. The Duggars like templates, or ANYTHING that can be used over and over again. Once found, no additional thought is necessary. "1 - take photo, 2 - write on board, 3 - post online..." She'll probably be doing the chalkboard schtick for the next 20 years.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/1561331044117771/photos/a.1561336054117270.1073741828.1561331044117771/1608296356087906/?type=1&fref=nf

I would love to see a before dental work photo, side by side with the Siver Dollar City photo of Derick.

I just posted this picture about three posts up. :D

eta: w/r/t Derick's hair. I wonder if he gelled it up, it got hot, and his hair went all limp on him because it's longish and looks to be pretty fine. He's young and Southern. He should be able to take the heat, which is why I think it's a styling malfunction. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

They kiss just as awkwardly now as they did on their wedding day. Maybe they need to call Boob and have him give them some pointers.

Boob and the missus don't look like they know how to kiss either.  Maybe that's how he taught Dill

• Love 3

Jill and Derick were also at SilverDollarCity yesterday. I guess the new job that Derick referenced in that email is not conventional employment. I have a feeling he's in the employ of JB now. *sadface* Yes, they set up that non-profit for their "ministry," but that word can mean a ton of things, not just going on mission trips. If there were still doubters about Derick being assimilated by the Duggars, I think they can be put to rest; he may as well change his name to Derick Duggar. 

eta: Derick needs a shower. Badly. 

Honestly, we just don't know at this point and until they choose to tell us what they're up to, we won't. He's said all along that ministry and missions are what he's wanted to do, so if this is them taking steps to make that happen for themselves, I say more power to 'em.

And no, Derick doesn't need a shower, he needs a towel. Looks like he just got off one of those log flume rides - probably felt great in the high heat and humidity in this neck of the woods yesterday. 

• Love 4

SDC must've 'gifted' season passes to the whole clan before everything went to hell. No way everyone is going there every couple of months now.

I looked - adults $60, kids $49. They didn't go on a discount day of the week, either. Seasons passes are $100 adult, $99 child, not counting travel to Branson.

Sorry, but it's gratifying seeing these yokels fritter away reality TV money on something so non-frugal. Even if they 'deserve' a vacation.

• Love 4
(edited)

eta: w/r/t Derick's hair. I wonder if he gelled it up, it got hot, and his hair went all limp on him because it's longish and looks to be pretty fine. He's young and Southern. He should be able to take the heat, which is why I think it's a styling malfunction.

Someone posted that they had been on an amusement ride and got wet. Edited by Almost 3000
(edited)

Someone posted that they had been on an amusement ride and got wet.

I thought about that after I posted, but Derick's shirt looks dry. Wet shirts cling, even to skinny people! 

I also wonder about their non-profit being formed by the Huckabee PR guy who set up the FOX interview. I wonder if the Dillards put a bunch of their FOX interview proceeds (and I've read that Boob may have earned 7 figures) into this venture to shelter it from taxes? Chad what's his name was flown back to Springdale on June 16 with the paperwork, which was filed on the 17th. 

Derick's an accountant, after all. He just needed a lawyer, and the scandal provided him with both a huge payday and  a nice Christian attorney with a consulting firm. 

Just throwing this out there. It's not that far-fetched when you start putting the pieces together. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
(and I've read that Boob may have earned 7 figures) into this venture to shelter it from taxes? Chad what's his name was flown back to Springdale on June 16 with the paperwork, which was filed on the 17th. 

Man, if so, that was the least worthwhile 7-figure interview in history.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

Well that is a weird picture, they look really uncomfortable. Are they supposed to be on the world's smallest picnic blanket?  What is between Jill's arm and her torso? What is the white thing under the chalkboard?  And Jill really needs to step away from Pinterest and the chalkboards - first the "Here comes the bride" at the wedding, then the pregnancy updates and then the Israel updates.

I'm trying to work out where Derrick's leg is and where Jill's arm is, because from here it looks like it is in a "delicate" region.  I'll take myself off to the Prayer Closet.  

I actually thought Jill's dress WAS her wedding dress at first glance. The pic is pretty cute though. I wonder if they saved the top tier of the wedding cake.

I had hope for Derick when this started out - he seemed to be working the sky pilot but very grounded and worldly.  As the year of marriage and birth and scandal has gone on he's lost the life in his eyes.  He is just walking fundie zombie now.  

I agree, and I don't think she'll ever leave him.  Maybe she has a plan though, and all of those calorie-ridden, high cholesterol foods are part of it!

LOL- that is definitely an option.  Anna, if you need the recipe for your file, here it is and it is from fox- so it's great and true and neat.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/08/05/make-your-own-doughnut-burger/

I think Jill is insisting on cutting his hair.  She needs to let him go back to the barber.  I can tell that Ben is having no part of that Duggar barber shop BS.  

• Love 2

Heavy eye roll on the "we still do". Ugh, whatever. You've been married one year. Let's talk when it's year 20. That's an accomplishment.

Ironically, my 20th is today, and I STILL don't consider myself an expert. I'm sure Jill and Derick do all of the "rage du jour" suggestions like weekly date nights. My husband and I aren't even going out tonight since the kids had stuff going on. Guess the lack of date nights mean our marriage is doomed to failure. ;)

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, to be fair, Derick is already applying "Happy Wife, Happy Life." :D  Conversely, I haven't seen much of that out of Josh; Anna seems to be giving more than she's getting in that relationship. 

QuiltFairy, in a pic I didn't post, Derick's under eyes were literally RED! I'd feel for him more if he hadn't gone all-in on the Duggar gravy train. Aside from the abuse scandal, he knew exactly what he was signing up for. Let's not forget that it was he who sought out JB as a prayer partner. He may not have wanted a Duggar daughter at that time, but the move was still pretty calculated, and he just escalated his Duggar relationships from that point onward.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Ironically, my 20th is today, and I STILL don't consider myself an expert. I'm sure Jill and Derick do all of the "rage du jour" suggestions like weekly date nights. My husband and I aren't even going out tonight since the kids had stuff going on. Guess the lack of date nights mean our marriage is doomed to failure. ;)

Happy Anniversary! My 17th is coming up. DH and I haven't been on a date in a long time, but I think we are doing alright, too! ;)

• Love 3

New here...not sure of the format so I apologize if this is incorrect!

In front of them in the field it looks like a box with Jill's wedding bouquet to the left and maybe her bridal purse on the box.

Good job on the format!  I was actually wondering about this too. At first I thought wedding / wedding-type flowers were in the front. I thought it was part of her dress, or a skirt, or something. I still think something looks way weird with that hand or whatever it is under the chalk board.  I guess it doesn't really matter, but it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

• Love 1

Everything they do is, at the very least corny. But that's what made people like the show. Including me. It was kind of corny and friendly and the kids were cute and the situations (stinky bus) just ridiculous enough. So, I watched. Little-by-little I gave it a serious enough look to realize this isn't really a wholesome environment by my own standards, and politically and theologically we're poles apart, but the lifestyle seemed to fit them well enough.

After I learned about Josh and their response, I realized i wouldn't watch again because I don't think they should continue.

That said, the fact they still do corny things seems to fit them well. 

• Love 3

the chalkboard thing is so corny.MAYBE for a pregnancy so you can see the number of weeks. Not for a one year anniversary.Can't wait for their marriage book. Or child birth guide.

Does anyone remember pictures of Jill after having Iz was writting stuff in what appeared to be a journal, you know one day it will become a book soon.

• Love 1

There is a new pick on Jessa IG of Derrick and Jill- 

Derrick is smiling which helps and he shaved that mustach lol

https://instagram.com/p/4HPFvdDfvZ/?taken-by=jessaseewald

He still needs a haircut IMO ( shaggy do going on lol) but they look happy

How old is Izzy? He looks like a 6 mo not just in like physical size but his features ect. He lost that newborn look QUICK

Derick and Jill look good in this pic. However, matching green shirts? Really guys? Too much like JB and M.

Baby looks cute.

Just my opinion but Jill really, really looks like Jim Bob in that picture.

(edited)

Damn! You guys finally made me revisit Jill's "too many hands" Instagram. I blew that photo up as much as my large computer screen would allow and I can't figure it out either. I can find one Derick hand (in front holding the chalk sign), 2 Jill hands (one holding the chalk sign and one reaching - ahem - across Derick's leg toward his groin) ... and then there's the mystery blob/appendage wedged between them just below Jill's right elbow.  Since I assume Derick's second hand is behind Jill's back for support, that math accounts for all 4 arms -  but NOT the Alien-esque thing in front of and between them. Based on skin color in the rest of the photo, the mystery thing is too pink to belong to either Derick or Jill.  And though someone suggested the thing in question was Derick holding some part of Izzy, I can't see where Izzy could even BE in that photo. He's certainly not pushed behind them with only one of his limbs peeking out. And I don't see anything that could be the rest of him in front. Besides, whatever that thing is, it is still too PINK. Even if it was a photoshop merging images error, the mystery thing still had to be SOMETHING. Someone please figure this out so I can go on with my life. Doesn't anyone know someone who knows someone who knew someone who worked on the Warren Commission and did expert analysis of the Zapruder stills? We clearly need expert help.

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 11