Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG. Why would anyone from the LGBTQ community want to sit in a church where the congregants believe anything other than heterosexuality is a sin? So folks can love the sinner, but hate the sin?

Hey Derick why don't you and Jill meet me at a Dunkin Donuts (coffee is right up there near God) and we'll have a chat. I'll bring with me my menagerie of family and friends including people of color, the LBGTQ community, people with mental health issues and people of all religions. Please hop on JD's plane and come visit us all WMass.

Is your Dunkin Donuts anything like this? If so, please bring Derick there.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

IMG_0361.JPG

Well he's just getting into semantics here. He didn't call Jazz a myth per se, but he called one of her defining characteristics a myth. But he probably believes that Jazz, with the help of her parents, chose to be a different gender than the one God assigned to her.

• Love 1

I used to attend a church that would welcome LGBTQ people in their doors - then preach on how it’s a sin and try to “save” them. They would be lovely to their face but never accept them as they are. 

I mean... if Derek could think logically for a minute, he may see that there are many gay couples who have been HAPPILY committed for decades. He should know that you can’t have a happy marriage for 40 or 50 years without REAL love. You can be married that long but if the love isn’t there, it’s not going to be a fulfilling relationship! I don’t know what he thinks keeps a gay couple together for so long if it’s anything but true love. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Grrrr...This grinds my gears almost  more than anything   else he's done. Maybe because I have an almost pathological loathing of practical jokes (or any sort of misdirection, really), but there's no way in hell that there was any sort of coincidence in his inviting  LBTGQ people to the church and the sermon just happening to be on same-sex attraction. Yet he baldly lies about it. I suppose next he will say that God laid it on his heart to invite them and the subject of the sermon was a miracle of timing.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The same sex attraction talk is Monday night, and Derelict invited certain groups to the next Sunday church services. Unless I am totally missing the whole picture, these are two different days.

Hmm...you posted this as I was typing before...If that's the case I may have to take back a bit of my rant...but it still seems to close to be accidental. Maybe it's LBGTQ week at Cross Church.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

Here's a link to the story about Jilly Muffin possibly being pregnant:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/dd06db6e-9ffa-374a-9d77-7c5c81f74c94/ss_fans-think-jill-is-pregnant.html

Prenatal vitamins have been spotted!

(Of course Jilly's a midwife so who knows who they are for)

I love how the article calls Derrick a "disgraced reality star" complete with a hyperlink.    I don't think the box of prenatal vitamins signifies anything.  With her upbringing, she would probably always take them, since she is always either nursing, pregnant or trying to conceive.

• Love 16

Which member of the LGBTQ community would attend that event at Cross Church???

Why would a church even go there?  No one will show up.  No one. It will just be a bunch of church members sitting around saying "love the sinner, hate the sin" 

• Love 10

Rickey Chelette sounds like a, well...gender-fluid name. I did a little googling.  He's vile. I'm sure he has first hand knowledge of battling same sex attraction. he wrote this ex gay stuff:

https://www.exodusglobalalliance.org/connecting.php

Oh, and you're not lesbians, you're just really close friends.

https://livehope.org/resource/healthy-same-sex-friendships/

To begin to develop healthy relationships we encourage all of our women to begin to invest in multiple people in groups. We encourage them to get to know two to five healthy girls in a setting.  It is important for a lady to confide the same things in each of them, so there is not one “special” one that has an exclusive relationship with her.  She must allow the other women to get to know her slowly as she gets to know them slowly.  She should avoid dumping all of her issues on them after knowing them for forty-five minutes.  On the other hand, she needs to avoid withholding all information about herself by letting them do all of the vulnerable sharing.  Mutuality is key in healthy relationships, so there needs to be an equal, slow opening up and vulnerability that is shared between her and the group.  It does not need to be an all or nothing scenario, which is how many unhealthy women approach the situation.

TL:DR - Derick supports a guy who thinks you need to invite your bi-curious acquaintances into a high pressure group brainwashing. 

Edit: He seems to think homosexuality is caused by a bad father/son bond. Derick - look at your own bond with your children, and shudder with fab.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Which member of the LGBTQ community would attend that event at Cross Church???

Why would a church even go there?  No one will show up.  No one. It will just be a bunch of church members sitting around saying "love the sinner, hate the sin" 

You can add deceit to Derick's other stellar qualities. The LGBTQ community is not being welcomed to Cross Church. Chelette has a ministry called Living Hope which is a redemptive ministry for homosexuals. He presumably was gay, and through Jesus he was saved. He now counsels others. So, in other words, for any one in the LGBTQ community coming to this lecture would be an ambush.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

If I were in the area or a tabloid writer/journalist, I would go to his church, introduce myself as a member of the LGBTQ community, and then carefully either record or remember every thing that happens. 

I truly hope someone does this!  Anyone on this thread close enough to go and give us the full report?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

OMGosh...made me look. Now I can't unsee it.

(trust these forums for a good laugh) ?

Screenshot_20180218-135313.jpg

Eww! Seriously! Why post a pic with your junk all smooshed up against the table?!  Gross!

• Love 12
20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Did anyone else read the bible quote below his invitation? Finding a wife is a good thing and puts you in good with the Lord...Really...Seriously...Is this the reason why he was in rush to get married especially a Duggar girl.

Those daily Bible quotes from Proverbs just correspond to the date.  He puts no thought into them.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Rickey Chelette sounds like a, well...gender-fluid name. I did a little googling.  He's vile. I'm sure he has first hand knowledge of battling same sex attraction. he wrote this ex gay stuff:

https://www.exodusglobalalliance.org/connecting.php

Oh, and you're not lesbians, you're just really close friends.

https://livehope.org/resource/healthy-same-sex-friendships/

TL:DR - Derick supports a guy who thinks you need to invite your bi-curious acquaintances into a high pressure group brainwashing. 

Edit: He seems to think homosexuality is caused by a bad father/son bond. Derick - look at your own bond with your children, and shudder with fab.

I wonder if tanned nipped daddy dying suddenly from aortic dissection “causes” gay daddy issues? 

To begin to develop healthy STRAIGHT relationships we encourage all of our women CHATTEL to begin to invest in multiple people in groups. We encourage them to get to know two to five healthy STRAIGHT girls in a setting.  It is important for a lady  STRAIGHT GIRL to confide the same things in each of them, so there is not one “special”  "HOT" one that has an exclusive  HOT GIRL ON GIRL ACTION relationship with her.  She must allow the other women to get to know her slowly  KEEP HER CLOTHES ON as she gets to know them slowly.  She should avoid dumping all of her issues TALKING ABOUT BEING A LESBIAN on them after knowing them for forty-five minutes.  On the other hand, she needs to avoid withholding all information TELLING THEM SHE WANTS TO CONTINUE TO BE A LESBIAN about herself by letting them do all of the vulnerable sharing.  Mutuality is key in healthy STRAIGHT relationships, so there needs to be an equal, slow opening up and vulnerability that is shared between her and the group-- (WAIT, THAT SOUNDS SEXY!-- ARE WE ADVOCATING POLYAMORY OR GROUP LESBIAN SEX??)   It does not need to be an all or nothing scenario, which is how many unhealthy women  LESBIANS approach the situation.

FIXED IT!

• Love 24
3 hours ago, DawgMom said:

Bwah ha ha ha!  I was looking more at the photo of Jill & baby in the background - - looks like she's biting the baby's head off like Ozzy/bat!!  Chomp! She's going off the rails on a Fundie train!!!

chomp.jpg.8d27b6a7027335fb7c0c7cf578861cc5.jpg

Haha. I was just noticing that she’s even doing the internetz “faux surprised face” in this photo, too!  They must really think it’s adorable to frame it!

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oh please. The whole “same sex attraction” nonsense is the new phrase in the compassionate homophobic’s lexicon. It’s just another way of saying homosexuality is an affliction or illness, but now they can offer you “help” before you’re damned to hell.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Oh please. The whole “same sex attraction” nonsense is the new phrase in the compassionate homophobic’s lexicon. It’s just another way of saying homosexuality is an affliction or illness, but now they can offer you “help” before you’re damned to hell.

Notice it's all about killing attraction to the same sex, not finding the other sex more attractive. Very telling.

• Love 11

So they are trying to save certain groups of sinners while launching a new church on Sunday or am I not understanding the whole concept here.

Btw, my poor nice neighbor across the street is dealing with kidney cancer and a tumor above one of her knees. Earlier this afternoon two paramedics/EMTs volunteer fire department personnel and the ambulance was at her house. Now I want to know if Jesus was one of the paramedics and the ambulance personnel or did he give the two paramedics and the ambulance personnel the skills, kindness, and the willing to help others in order to access her medical needs at her house. I also want to know if Jesus was the 911 dispatcher who took the emergency call when her daughter called 911. She was not taken to the hospital, and her daughter lives one block away. Jesus is a very busy man to be helping my nice neighbor out while dealing with the snow and cold and helping my fellow Montanans deal with closed highways, snow drifts, and multiple accidents to the point where he may not help Derelict get the heathens gays and lesbians to show up at his church. The horror of it all!

2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

"Tomorrow night we will have an opportunity to hear from Rickey Chelette on same sex attraction." 

I would love to be a fly on the wall. 

I read somewhere that this Rickey Chelette person is an "expert" on praying away the gay. Derelict's motives couldn't be more clear: pump up the church on the anti-gay plaform then shame them if they show up for services on Sunday. FUCK YOU DERELICT and CROSS CHURCH. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, awaken said:

Eww! Seriously! Why post a pic with your junk all smooshed up against the table?!  Gross!

Wow, that looks painful. I guess it's true, Cathy does have his balls. 

Fine.....off to the prayer closet.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I read somewhere that this Rickey Chelette person is an "expert" on praying away the gay. Derelict's motives couldn't be more clear: pump up the church on the anti-gay plaform then shame them if they show up for services on Sunday. FUCK YOU DERELICT and CROSS CHURCH. 

It's like he really, really never wants to be on TV ever again. Jessa better keep Ben on lock, and Jinger better pray Jer keeps it down. Derick, meanwhile, will have to keep reassuring himself he's got the moral high ground.

• Love 7

Derick seems to be a Very low level person at Cross church. I don’t think he has any say so about any of the Cross Church events he’s posting about.  He wouldn’t be able to book, reserve the room for, and pay for this Monday  night speaker. He wouldn’t be able  to start a new church location.  He’s just able to tweet about them and invite people to attend.  I think peoples’ anger should be directed toward the senior pastor and board of directors of Cross Church.  As for them- pretty sure you now all know what they believe. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Derick seems to be a Very low level person at Cross church. I don’t think he has any say so about any of the Cross Church events he’s posting about.  He wouldn’t be able to book, reserve the room for, and pay for this Monday  night speaker. He wouldn’t be able  to start a new church location.  He’s just able to tweet about them and invite people to attend.  I think peoples’ anger should be directed toward the senior pastor and board of directors of Cross Church.  As for them- pretty sure you now all know what they believe. 

Yeah, but I can also see him being gung-ho enough about pray-away-the-gay-day, or whatever they want to call it to take it upon himself to try to lure more people in. Maybe spreading the word earns Brownie points. Or just a brown nose. 

• Love 11