Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

So that’s roughly 77 grams of sugar and 5400 mg of sodium.

Say 1/4 recipe per serving...the sugar content per serving is just under a regular Snickers candy bar and the sodium is equivalent to 8 1 oz bags of potato chips.

Mmmmm good.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 6:30 PM, BigBingerBro said:

What a fabrication!  You can't tell me that Derralickt had no idea where the cardigan came from or that her "new favorite place" is Citrus and Lemon.  She needs to review the "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour" commandment.

And that he said it’s nice and soft. Not oh that’s pretty. Or you look pretty in that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, Libby96 said:

I agree.  I don’t think that Jill meant Izzie had no toothpaste or toothbrush unless he completed the book!  He probably wanted a special one that maybe cost more than what she would usually spend.  As far as incentives go, it’s not a bad one.  

I’m glad she feels free to go about her day in jeans like most young women her age and has broken away from her “skirts and dresses only” upbringing.

If it is what he wanted that is nice for him.  When I was 10 I wanted Farrah Fawcett shampoo/conditioner.  Kids are weird.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Jessa commented on IG that they were making that at the "big house" tonight for "family night." Apparently, Jill's invitation got lost in the mail.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, bythelake said:

The orange/red top looked good on Jill. It gave her some color unlike all the beige things. The sack dress needs a belt and what’s with the eye trap pocket on the rt. boob? 

On the subject of the shilling, I imagine JB is feeling the pinch. He just can’t support that many children. I think he sat them all down and  told them he was cutting their allowance. Now they’re  scrambling for something to do to make money, and they don’t even know how to do it.

They copy the Bates girls,who are more photogenic, but even fail at that. Jill can’t even take a decent picture. 

And let’s not forget all the able bodied men. Joe, Josiah, Ben, Josh are perfectly willing to let their wives hustle to make a buck while most of the time they do nothing. Isaiah, Josh, Ben and Joe even live in houses provided by JB.

Isn’t it funny though, that these people who thought TV was evil and never had one in their home, are doing commercials all over the internet.

Money over values equals hypocrisy.

The mill's closed. There's no more work. We're destitute. I've got no option but to sell you all for scientific experiments. -Monty Python Meaning of Life

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

I am laughing at the fact stream is probably coming out of Deredick's ears at the fact Jeremy has beat him at his own game. Jeremy is going to school with Jinger and a young baby while Deredick and Jill attempt to save heathens in Danger America and failed big time. Oh how the unmighty has failed!

4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the bolded actually happens someday.  Jill would be sad for a minute and then would pack up and move to the Duggar compound toot sweet. 

She'd have to give up her pants and nose stud though.

That being said, Jill is the one that needs her family the most out of the married Duggarlings and she seems to get it the least.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

toot sweet. 

I’m not trying to be a know-it-all, nor am I trying to scorn you. I just like learning. Thought you’d like to know the correct spelling is tout de suite (although tout suite is sometimes acceptable). It’s a French phrase for right now or immediately.

Consider this your dining room table lesson for today.😁 

Edited by ehall1052
Left out a word
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This recipe would be multiplied several times over and was usually served with a side of several pounds of party potatoes 

What are party potatoes?  I've never heard of them.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I think Jill has posted that recipe on her blog, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say potatoes with a day's worth of sodium in each serving.  

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

From Jill's blog:

This super easy mashed potatoes recipe is one that my family got from some friends of ours several years back. We’d always eat these potatoes as a side with beef brisket.

5 lbs. potatoes (peel if desired)

1 (24oz.) sour cream

2 pkgs. onion soup mix

1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened

Scrub (or peel), rinse and dice potatoes. Boil till soft (about 20 min.). Mash potatoes with all ingredients. Enjoy!

Note: can be served hot (mashed potatoes) or cold (potato salad).

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ehall1052 said:

I’m not trying to be a know-it-all, nor am I trying to scorn you. I just like learning. Thought you’d like to know the correct spelling is tout de suite (although tout suite is sometimes acceptable). It’s a French phrase for right now or immediately.

Thank you!! I knew it was French and had to have a fancy spelling yet my laziness precluded me from looking it up before posting.  My apologies as I promise I went to a real school!  Lol

• Love 9

Holy hell, that's a lot of liquid smoke for a pound of hamburger!

Even when I make my own, I don't add liquid smoke-onion, peppers, ketchup, brown sugar, yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce. Boom!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Thank you!! I knew it was French and had to have a fancy spelling yet my laziness precluded me from looking it up before posting.  My apologies as I promise I went to a real school!  Lol

Aww, "toot sweet" is kinda cute, and it's an obscure enough phrase to be excusable when you get wrong. "Mid-evil," "maskarade," and "wala" (looking at you, Jessa) are not cute.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, graefin said:

Aww, "toot sweet" is kinda cute, and it's an obscure enough phrase to be excusable when you get wrong. "Mid-evil," "maskarade," and "wala" (looking at you, Jessa) are not cute.

Those were Alyssa Bates Webster's faux pas. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Are they really so blind to how incredibly stupid they appear?

Yes, because they have "followers," who love them and they have never been intellectually challanged.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I hope Jill and Dullard stick to the two they have. I think Jill is starting to enjoy Iz and Sam now that they are older.

I honestly think Jill assumed it would be just like having a buddy all over again. Having your own is much different than being a sister-mom to one of your siblings. I've said as much in this thread and I think that's why Jill struggled with the two boys.

That being said I do wonder how much longer Dullard is going to hold out with Jill and the boys. He seems so aimless. He strikes me as someone who would just suddenly disappear one day and then resurface in Siberia three years later claiming to be Jesus.

I have been laughing about this line for 10 minutes. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, graefin said:

I think it's been sort of Anglicized over the years to the point that either spelling is acceptable. I'm pretty sure I've seen it spelled that way on occasion. Or maybe I'm just thinking of the candy from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" 🙂

• Love 7

It's so awesome that Der is able to make time to be with the kids.  I've heard horror stories about how difficult and demanding law school can be.  I've often wondered if he's doing a part-time program.  Is that even possible?

7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's so awesome that Der is able to make time to be with the kids.  I've heard horror stories about how difficult and demanding law school can be.  I've often wondered if he's doing a part-time program.  Is that even possible?

The U of A law school does not offer a part-time program. It's full-time or bust. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Law school can be difficult and demanding, but it's do-able by mere mortals. It's not 24/7/365. You get to go home at night.

I'm sure Derick isn't spending hours a day with his kids, but he certainly sees them enough for Jill to post photos and videos of it on social media. 

• Love 3

Should clarify: if he wanted a part-time program, he'd have to go to Little Rock rather than Fayetteville. The U of A does offer a part-time program at UALR, but UALR is less well-regarded in the state. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Zella said:

It made me think of Rasputin minus the charisma. 😂

Ra-Ra-Rasputin... ok I'll stop there.

This is more like what I was thinking about. Although I don't know how well Dullard would be able to run a commune. Or look a bit clean.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I assumed the toot sweet was on purpose...

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think it's been sort of Anglicized over the years to the point that either spelling is acceptable. I'm pretty sure I've seen it spelled that way on occasion. Or maybe I'm just thinking of the candy from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" 🙂

Kind of like "wa-laa" for "voila".  Don't know how to put an accent in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, ginger90 said:

Chicken on the Ritz

Mar 18, 2019 | Recipes | 2 

This is one of my mom’s favorite dishes. The delicious creamy chicken flavor, combined with poppy seeds and topped with buttery Ritz crackers for a little added crunch, make this a dish that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!  

Dear heavens,   the Duggars can manage to mess up one of our favorite dishes.    I have a much simpler recipe--chicken,  8 oz sour cream, can of cream of chicken soup, poppy seeds.  I also only use 2 sleeves of Ritz and not as much butter.  I serve it on rice with a side salad or sometimes broccoli or asparagus.  It is pretty good.   No way would I cook the broccoli in it, but I guess including that makes it easier for Jill. Do they not serve it on rice?   Their recipe makes me sad.

• Love 2

What is all the deal with the comments about Jill and Der being sort of banished and not being featured prominently in the wedding scenes? 

I guess I have missed some key episodes or comments. I promise to try harder and keep up with everyone but please help a girlladywoman out?

• Love 3

Derelict and Jill are no longer on the show. Like Smuggar, Derick is being totally edited out, while we may still get a glimpse of Jill at times (looked, but didn't see her at the wedding).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

What is all the deal with the comments about Jill and Der being sort of banished and not being featured prominently in the wedding scenes? 

I guess I have missed some key episodes or comments. I promise to try harder and keep up with everyone but please help a girlladywoman out?

Girlladywoman? Is that a thing? I like it. I see a lot of people making comments about women being called girls in any number of situations, and while I do see the point of feeling a mite belittled by the term, I also always kind of think that it's almost as common to refer to grown males as guys rather than men, which may not have quite as childlike a connotation, but seems essentially the same thing. Girlladywoman is a kind of great word, and makes a point, but might "guydudeman" do the same? Not trying to be condescending or anything...it just made me wonder about words, the way I have a tendency of doing.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

Der got into a pissing match on Twitter aimed at Jazz (of "I am Jazz," another TLC show) and is rumored to have tried to shake down TLC for the rights to air Sammy's birth. TLC fired him. Or, as he puts it, his family decided to go in a different direction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I hope Derrick can get a real haircut when he graduates.

He really does look like Herman Munster. 

And why is “sound” in quotation marks?

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, awaken said:

And why is “sound” in quotation marks?

There are three curved lines--not two--on either side of the word sound. I assume this is to simulate sound waves. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Or, as he puts it, his family decided to go in a different direction.

Straight to Hell!

He really does look like Herman Munster. 

At least Herman held down a steady job at the parlor! He also loved his family, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14