Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I'm sure Nurie attended the wedding. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan was the best man. But I wouldn't expect Nurie to be a bridesmaid. I am really surprised that Lauren and especially Josie were in the party, however.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm sure Nurie attended the wedding. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan was the best man. But I wouldn't expect Nurie to be a bridesmaid. I am really surprised that Lauren and especially Josie were in the party, however.

That is was I was thinking. If Nathan was the best man, which I would expect… I was just surprised Nurie was not a bridesmaid, and Lauren and Josie were. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Agree, @Churchhoney. They can’t even try to explain it away by saying that of course he would never be inappropriate with a young girl, especially one related to him, because of course he has. The hypocrisy is galling.

Except he already did that, with multiple girls he is related to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Goodness yes.   Don't be afraid to do it because you think you will have to say it out loud in front of everyone.   If you ask to speak to the judge and attorneys privately they will let you.   They are human beings too.   They don't want anyone on the jury to have their mental health put at risk by having to serve when they really should not.  

BTW, @hathorlive you okay?   That post kinda trailed off.

Ahem.  I was in mid sentence when my dog jumped up and walked all over my keyboard, somehow hit enter and I failed to notice it as I needed to leave to drive a friend to the airport.

I hope I can train him to go to work for me and enter some reports in.  

On a serious note, always speak to the judge and attorneys.  No defense attorney wants a partial juror.  They will thank you for your honesty. 

• Love 13
On 11/19/2021 at 5:46 PM, sue450 said:

what defense  chick????  who is this???   thanks

The defense hired the computer forensic firm https://www.loehrsforensics.com/tamiloehrs.

Tami is a whack case. There are literally case files of her work on file accessible to law enforcement who are facing her in court.  Allegedly, her son (or step son) was accused of downloading CP and she became a self taught expert.  Now, she's taken classes and has some of the same certifications I have (though not the really difficult ones) and she testifies for all sorts of "wrongly accused men".   Her most famous case was saying that a 16 year did not download CP, a virus did.  Of course, she never explained how that virus burned the CP to a DVD disc, labeled it "my CP" and put it in the top drawer of his desk.  She also had an open facebook page, where she referred to law enforcement and the FBI as pieces of excrement.  An eagle eyed piece of excrement screenshot the chat where she was calling LE pigs.   Then in one of her cases, the AUSA asked her if she hated LE.  She was passionate about respecting LE and the FBI.  Then they showed her the screenshots and asked to reconcile her posts versus her testimony.  She got off the stand, left the court room and apparently started screaming at the person who got the screenshots.  I wasn't there, but this has been posted several time in our computer nerd forum. I've had several defense experts against me, but never Tami.

If I read the court documents correctly, her associate Michelle, is doing the computer forensic work in the Duggar case.  Basically, if you pay her enough money, she'll come up with enough lies to sway the jury.  

• Useful 11
  • Love 4
On 11/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, SMama said:

You’d be accurate on your assessments unlike that WACB poser.

I would certainly understand the computer aspects better.   To be fair, Emily lawyer girl does an okay job but still misses key points.  I testified once in a CP case in state court in the county my parents lived in (and that I graduated high school from).  I read the newspaper article of my testimony from the first day of the trial and called my boss in a panic.  The reporter completely misstated my testimony.  Anyone reading it would think I was an idiot.  As my boss lived in the same town, I wanted to warn him that I did not say that.  He said to stop reading newspaper, they don't understand the our testimony.  But if the reporter doesn't understand, does the jury?  WACB has her audience and while she gets things wrong (possible FORTY year sentence) she probably does help her listeners understand things they might not get otherwise.

Edited by hathorlive
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

💯 agree. Her sisters owe her a lot for being the one with the courage to tell her parents about Josh and make the abuse stop. But I doubt even one has ever thanked her.

I think the lessons the other children learned was keep your mouth shut or you'll be shunned.  Jill did stop a serial predator from hurting anyone else (that we know of).  I remember a while back that someone at the Tinker Toy house posted a picture of a sign in the bathroom that talked about not being inappropriate with other's body parts (or something like that).  I wonder if any of the other (younger) children were molested at some point.  I mean, the girls room being accessible only through the parents room was supposed to stop the abuse.  If that was successful, why the need for creepy signs?

• Love 9

At the pre-trial hearing, apparently the prosecution told the judge that they expect their case to take 3 full days.

Also, the judge noticed the 2 reporters in the courtroom and expressed concern about the number of media that might be there for the actual trial.  He may require that they pool, which means that a certain number of reporters will be allowed in the courtroom at one time in rotation. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Hannah Reber’s brother had Jer, Jed, and Austin in his wedding earlier this year.  He is co-director of Freedomist. Joy and Austin participated in an interview of sorts with him on YouTube last year. It was discussed in Joy’s thread at the time.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Hannah Reber’s brother had Jer, Jed, and Austin in his wedding earlier this year.  He is co-director of Freedomist. Joy and Austin participated in an interview of sorts with him on YouTube last year. It was discussed in Joy’s thread at the time.

Seems like the Duggars are pretty tight with this family, so I guess it makes sense Josie and Lauren were in the wedding.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Seems like the Duggars are pretty tight with this family, so I guess it makes sense Josie and Lauren were in the wedding.

So Josie is wearing a white jacket to keep her shoulders from defrauding a man?

The jacket does stand out too much.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I mean, the girls room being accessible only through the parents room was supposed to stop the abuse.  If that was successful, why the need for creepy signs?

The girls' room is accessible from the hallway/walkway.  I'm not sure how this rumor got started.  It is on other end of the walkway from the boys' room.  Their parents' room is on the same end of the house as the girls'. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The girls' room is accessible from the hallway/walkway.  I'm not sure how this rumor got started.  It is on other end of the walkway from the boys' room.  Their parents' room is on the same end of the house as the girls'. 

I think the rumor started because that end of the house is almost like a suite. You enter the suite and walk past the parents' room to get to the girls' room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not sure where the door to the master suite is located, but it's not like you have to go into and through their bedroom to get to the girls room.  It did seem more open on the show....

Duggar 2nd Floor.PNG

What a terrible design for a custom home, especially considering they were a family of 21!  Even if they wanted to segregate and congregate the boys and girls, why not close up the 2nd floor and make bigger rooms? Or breakout rooms for study, group projects, etc?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, louannems said:

So Josie is wearing a white jacket to keep her shoulders from defrauding a man?

Maybe they took pity on her in the cold? There's a video on Youtube of (very few) parts of the actual ceremony, and when the girl-presumed-to-be-Josie walks down the aisle, she doesn't have a sweater or jacket on anymore.

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The wedding was outside?!

Yes. Everyone taking part in the actual ceremony looks super cold (you don't get to see the full bridal party in the video, but you do get to see Nathan Keller, and apparently the best man/ groomsmen didn't wear suit jackets???...so equally opportunity cold-ness for the bridal party), while some of the guests are wearing winter coats.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The wedding was outside?! What is it with Arkansans and outdoor November weddings? Did they serve ice cream?

The only people I've ever seen do outdoor weddings in Arkansas in November are Duggars. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I did go to one in October several years ago, and a lot of people (myself included) in attendance bitched mightily about it. Lol 

Honestly, I feel like there's a very limited unpredictable window when outdoor weddings work here, between the heat and insects and cold snaps, and would never plan one myself. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think they want/like a summer wedding but don't want to wait for summer to get married. They always marry so quickly.

That wedding is also a 2 for 1, catch COVID and pneumonia at the same time.

If you avoid the flu shot, you can go for a threefer. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think they want/like a summer wedding but don't want to wait for summer to get married. They always marry so quickly.

That wedding is also a 2 for 1, catch COVID and pneumonia at the same time.

The outdoor wedding would be a bad idea then, too, though. My family always jokes that people who get married outside in Arkansas in the summer obviously aren't familiar with the area. Between the heat, humidity, ticks, and chiggers, it's just a recipe for a misery. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

The outdoor wedding would be a bad idea then, too, though. My family always jokes that people who get married outside in Arkansas in the summer obviously aren't familiar with the area. Between the heat, humidity, ticks, and chiggers, it's just a recipe for a misery. 

Sounds like Texas although in the summer we have the added joy of hurricanes.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Sounds like Texas although in the summer we have the added joy of hurricanes.

Very true, though will readily admit Texas is also even hotter! I'm just glad to be in the Ozarks. I could not deal with the increased heat and humidity of the rest of Arkansas once you leave the hills. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

What a terrible design for a custom home, especially considering they were a family of 21!  Even if they wanted to segregate and congregate the boys and girls, why not close up the 2nd floor and make bigger rooms? Or breakout rooms for study, group projects, etc?

Meechelle claims the kids all wanted to be in the same room. I don’t recall anyone else saying that but it was certainly convenient for Meechelle to dump the six month old baby in the girls room. At one point I don’t think there were enough beds for all the girls plus their buddies, so there was doubling up in I think Jana and Jill’s beds. Oh and pack n play’s instead of a crib.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the rumor started because that end of the house is almost like a suite. You enter the suite and walk past the parents' room to get to the girls' room.

It is at the end of the building past the parents' room, but also past a couple other rooms on the other side of the hall.  I'm guessing the rumor makes it sound more dramatic than it really is.  There is no door on the outside of that section to make it really a suite.  It's simply a hallway extended from the catwalk with rooms on both sides and terminates in the door to the girls' room.  The spiral staircase even accesses that area past the parents' room.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Honestly, I feel like there's a very limited unpredictable window when outdoor weddings work here, between the heat and insects and cold snaps, and would never plan one myself. 

Arkansas seems to go from A/C to heat quickly in the fall and the reverse slightly less rapidly in the spring.  If nothing else the pollen is a killer in the warmer months.  My parents lived in Arkansas and I think I visited once when neither heat or A/C was running.  That was in late April or perhaps early May.  I can't swear neither ran the week I was there, but I think that was the visit I had to replace the filter and reset the system.  

Plus the chance of thunderstorms.  I'm not sure why the Duggars or Duggar relateds plan such a big thing as a wedding or wedding reception in that area.   The odds of perfect weather for an outdoor wedding are very low most months of the year.  Why not at least dress for the expected weather if you insist on doing it outdoors?  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My parents lived in Arkansas and I think I visited once when neither heat or A/C was running.  That was in late April or perhaps early May.  I can't swear neither ran the week I was there, but I think that was the visit I had to replace the filter and reset the system.  

My dad's family is originally from Western North Carolina. They never used AC in their cars or had it in their houses when they lived there. It took about a week of Arkansas summers to convert them to the joys of air conditioning. 😂

My thing with trying to plan for it with an outdoor wedding here is it is so unpredictable. Some years as early as March it starts getting hot as hell, but then I've seen other summers where things stayed somewhat pleasant into June. Usually September is when it stops getting hot and starts to be nicer, but it was pushing 90 here well into October this year. It really delayed even the timing of leaves changing.

I'm astonished they decided to go with an outdoor wedding this late in November. Despite the other variables, it usually is cool enough now to make this uncomfortable. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Hannah looks lovely but what in discount store hell is going on with those bridesmaids dresses? One girl is in sequins and another in orange velvet. I don't know if the slightly varied shades were intentional, or the gowns were ordered cheap off Amazon and arrived mismatched. Either way, I'm befuddled.

The bride's gown looks like convent nightwear. And not flattering at all.

All the bridesmaids' dresses are awful...is that Lauren next to who we think might be Josie? She has bordering-on-Nike sleeves. Tsk. Tsk.

All their hair is absolutely awful. Josie's might be the best.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not sure where the door to the master suite is located, but it's not like you have to go into and through their bedroom to get to the girls room.  It did seem more open on the show....

Duggar 2nd Floor.PNG

There is a prayer closet! Yay!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It is at the end of the building past the parents' room, but also past a couple other rooms on the other side of the hall.  I'm guessing the rumor makes it sound more dramatic than it really is.  There is no door on the outside of that section to make it really a suite.  It's simply a hallway extended from the catwalk with rooms on both sides and terminates in the door to the girls' room.  The spiral staircase even accesses that area past the parents' room.  

28 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I may be missing something, but where's the door into the Master suite?  

Oh, I agree, I never thought it is a suite, just like a suite and I was just speculating why the rumor started.

The primary bedroom door is not shown on the blue print. I believe its on the straight wall, where the spiral staircase is shown.

25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why does Michelle need an office? To store her missing back muscles or shoes? I’m laughing so hard.  

To read her leg humper fan mail.  And then have Jana answer it.

But I always thought Michelle's desk was that tiny pull-down desk next to her bed.  The one Jana built.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7