Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I can't imagine any woman writing to him, but then I remember that Charles Manson had groupies. He'd probably eat up some women fawning over him rather than sending him relationship books.

Chris Watts murdered his wife and kids and still got fan mail in prison, so I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that someone would write to Josh hoping to change him or whatever motivates people to write or horrible people. I could totally see him him engaging with them too. And while yes the mail gets read, I don’t think they will tattle to Anna whats in them. They DGAF if Josh has a pen pal affair. It’s not illegal and they have better things to do. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Trillium said:

And while yes the mail gets read, I don’t think they will tattle to Anna whats in them. They DGAF if Josh has a pen pal affair. It’s not illegal and they have better things to do. 

Security would be the first priority. I was just mentioning the fact it will be read.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2022 at 10:31 PM, ginger90 said:

Incoming and outgoing inmate mail will be read by staff.

Imagine the poor person having to read “Dear Joshua, I love you so much, leave your wife and marry me instead “ 🤮.

• LOL 19

Think about it from this perspective.  A guy in prison more then likely doesn’t want to talk about prison.  So for those 20 minutes you are with him he is laser focused on you.   Hearing you talk about YOUR DAY Is probably the highlight of his.    For some women it’s probably nice to have a guy not constantly trying to drag the conversation back to his needs.   His needs are simple:  Put a couple bucks on his books when you leave, write him a letter and maybe answer the phone when he calls.     Things start to get hairy when conjugal visits or exit dates start to enter the picture.    I was never particularly interested in this clan or the religiously inclined in general.  Heck I think whoever invented reality tv has a special place in hell and I only occasionally check the boards because the whole josh thing is weirdly interesting.    Anywho if Anna has a brain in her head the moment Josh enters prison she will start distancing herself from his family.  It might take time and she might have to do uncomfortable things like get a job but it will ultimately be the best thing for her.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
On 10/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, sixlets said:

We'll go along with the "insider" here, but this comment--“Josh doesn’t want Anna and their kids moving away from his family” because “he thinks it will create too much of a disconnection” for her and the kids, the insider adds. “Josh can’t raise his kids from prison and he’s afraid of outside influences.”--really pisses me off.  Josh is in prison.  Josh doesn't get an opinion right now.  And he's afraid of 'outside influences'?  He should really be afraid of people like him.  People who prey on children.  People who hurt children in the dark and in front of others.  Whether he likes it or not, he will now be labeled a child predator, and he deserves all of the attention that comes along with it.

In the yellow t-shirt photo, how did her boobs get so close to her chin?

4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

So for those 20 minutes you are with him he is laser focused on you.   Hearing you talk about YOUR DAY Is probably the highlight of his.      

Sadly I don’t think Josh gives one shit about Anna’s (or their kid’s) day.

• Like 10
  • Love 7
On 10/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, sixlets said:

We'll go along with the "insider" here, but this comment--“Josh doesn’t want Anna and their kids moving away from his family” because “he thinks it will create too much of a disconnection” for her and the kids, the insider adds. “Josh can’t raise his kids from prison and he’s afraid of outside influences.”--really pisses me off.  Josh is in prison.  Josh doesn't get an opinion right now.  And he's afraid of 'outside influences'?  He should really be afraid of people like him.  People who prey on children.  People who hurt children in the dark and in front of others.  Whether he likes it or not, he will now be labeled a child predator, and he deserves all of the attention that comes along with it.

I'd be shocked if any of that were true, frankly. I won't go as far as to say that Josh doesn't care about his kids, but I just can't see him at all concerned about "outside influences." If he doesn't want Anna moving away from his family, it's because he doesn't want her moving closer to him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Yeah I refuse to believe he asks about or listens to her talk about her day in those phone calls. I still think about her letter to the judge that marveled at Josh calling the kids by name after work. Talk about the bar being in hell. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I refuse to believe he asks about or listens to her talk about her day in those phone calls. I still think about her letter to the judge that marveled at Josh calling the kids by name after work. Talk about the bar being in hell. 

And how she described Josh “helping” to clean up crumbs. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8

I don’t think Anna would be exposed to many outside influences if she moved to Texas. She would just be under David Waller’s headship instead of Jim Bob’s. She might need Jim Bob’s help financially which would still give him some control over her.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I assume Anna is living off the proceeds from the sale of the Siloam Springs house. They bought it for something like $65k and sold it for something like $250k. There's also some land in her LLCs that she could sell. Living at the Duggars just helps her preserve the nest egg longer. 

I don't think she has enough to buy a decent house in the DFW metro area, even if she liquidated. She'd still need reserves for daily expenses. I just don't see that. 

tl;dr She'll likely stay put.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

JB & Michelle would benefit from Anna living near the prison - their son would have support and with Anna and the kids gone they could engage out of sight out of mind more often. So I think JB would subsidize a move for Anna if that is what she wants to do. He could by a home in TX and sell it in 10 years. I think he would even pay utilities for her and the kids.

Anna would have Priss & Pecan, as well as Hilary around for support. And IMO, Anna has no interest in hearing any truths about Josh and if she did, she has plenty of inlaws in AR that could set her straight.

I wouldn't be surprised if she moved.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JB & Michelle would benefit from Anna living near the prison - their son would have support and with Anna and the kids gone they could engage out of sight out of mind more often. So I think JB would subsidize a move for Anna if that is what she wants to do. He could by a home in TX and sell it in 10 years. I think he would even pay utilities for her and the kids.

Anna would have Priss & Pecan, as well as Hilary around for support. And IMO, Anna has no interest in hearing any truths about Josh and if she did, she has plenty of inlaws in AR that could set her straight.

I wouldn't be surprised if she moved.

That would cost him millions. I don’t see it.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And how she described Josh “helping” to clean up crumbs. 🤦‍♀️

So, in other words, Anna, you married a dog?

Ugh.  She's gross.  Not as gross as him, but...

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Like 7
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That would cost him millions. I don’t see it.

The average family income in TX is around $60,000. $60,000 x 10 years is $600,000. A little more than half a million. Plus I think he's already subsidizing her now. So yes, it would cost him more if she moved, but like I said above, I think he would think its worth the money. And I'm sure he'd make a nice profit selling the home when they return to AR.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The average family income in TX is around $60,000. $60,000 x 10 years is $600,000. A little more than half a million. Plus I think he's already subsidizing her now. So yes, it would cost him more if she moved, but like I said above, I think he would think its worth the money. And I'm sure he'd make a nice profit selling the home when they return to AR.

Plus the cost of the house?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I swear I just read a piece of gossip somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that said JD just helped Anna sell one of her properties for $450K.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Well, that might buy a home outside of Dallas. But if it's like other big city markets, maybe not. Remember, Prissy and the Spiveys live outside of Fort Worth.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
14 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I swear I just read a piece of gossip somewhere (maybe Reddit?) that said JD just helped Anna sell one of her properties for $450K.  Take it with a grain of salt.

Joe, the realtor, sold a house recently on a lot one of Anna's llcs owned. Jase and Co built a house on the lot and Joe sold it. Now do any of them see any actually money from that or does it all get lumped into the duggar pot of money and the llcs used for tax write offs, who knows.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Joe the realtor sold a house recently on a lot one of Anna's llcs owned. Jase and Co built a house on the lot and Joe sold it. Now do any of them see any actually money from that or does it all get lumped into the duggar pot of money and the llcs used for tax write offs, who knows.

Anna owned the lot but not the house? I’m so confused.

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, that might buy a home outside of Dallas. But if it's like other markets, maybe not. 

Remember that JB and Meech lived in a 2 bedroom home with somewhere around 10+ kids and that Anna and her children currently live in a warehouse with no windows.

What JB and/or Anna would consider to be suitable housing for her and 7 kids is probably not what most of us would find acceptable.   They've got pretty low standards for a lot of things, housing is just one.  I could see JB/Anna buying a 2-3 bedroom shack someplace in Texas and thinking it was perfectly fine.

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Yes, anna's llc owned a vacant lot. This is the new duggar money maker. Most of the adult duggars llcs have been buying vacant lots in Bella Vista and Jase's build master construction has been putting up cookie cutter houses and Joe sells them.. All the lots have been cheap and the houses selling for $350,000 to $450,000.  Dwain Swanson is in this as well. In most all of realtor Joe's listings the lot can be traced back to a duggat llc or swanson properties llc.

Last time i looked Jason's Build Master construction owned about 15 lots. Dwian Swanson about 45. Josiah, Jeer and Jed! have had a few but Jason and Dwain seem the main players.

Josiah, Jason, Jer, Austin and Dwain all had contractors licenses that were valid last time i checked.

ETA - just checked and Jer's contractor's license, listed through Hometown Construction llc, expired in march 2022.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I still think that any property in any of the kid's LLCs is there in name only.  JB has to sign off on any sales.--or maybe the friendly attorney.  I think it is a tax thing.  Maybe some of the sons have some of their own property in a LLC, but I really think JB is the puppet master.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

My thoughts exactly.  FF is a Level 10 narcissist IMO.

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Remember that JB and Meech lived in a 2 bedroom home with somewhere around 10+ kids and that Anna and her children currently live in a warehouse with no windows.

What JB and/or Anna would consider to be suitable housing for her and 7 kids is probably not what most of us would find acceptable.   They've got pretty low standards for a lot of things, housing is just one.  I could see JB/Anna buying a 2-3 bedroom shack someplace in Texas and thinking it was perfectly fine.

Do David and Priscilla own their own home and if so, do they have any acreage along with the house?  If so, I could see Anna putting a double-wide trailer on their property and calling it home.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

another possibility for anna moving - Mr Spivey owns a construction business and SIL Justin and son Robby seem to work for him doing flips and remodels.

If Anna was inclined to move to tx and JB was in agreement it would happen. Anna would be under the umbrella of david waller, attend his church with like minded folks like the spiveys and others who attend big sandy family camp, etc. The M kids would have their waller cousins and other friends the know from family camp. It's not like anna would move there and put the kids in school and get a job in the evil world or anything.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'd be shocked if any of that were true, frankly. I won't go as far as to say that Josh doesn't care about his kids, but I just can't see him at all concerned about "outside influences." If he doesn't want Anna moving away from his family, it's because he doesn't want her moving closer to him.

This is what I was thinking. With him in Texas and Anna and the children living in Arkansas, he gets “peace and quiet” with her limited phone calls and visits. If she lives fairly close to the prison, the circus arrives more frequently and he loses his “freedom”. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

This is what I was thinking. With him in Texas and Anna and the children living in Arkansas, he gets “peace and quiet” with her limited phone calls and visits. If she lives fairly close to the prison, the circus arrives more frequently and he loses his “freedom”. 

I am pretty sure he only gets 4 visiting hours a month, so it's not like her moving closer means she's dropping in daily. Though whether Anna actually understands that is up for debate. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

I am pretty sure he only gets 4 visiting hours a month, so it's not like her moving closer means she's dropping in daily. Though whether Anna actually understands that is up for debate. 

Good point. Anna is a few twigs short of a bundle. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Good point. Anna is a few twigs short of a bundle. 

I can just see her demanding to be let in, rules be damned. "Do you know who I am?!" 

• LOL 11

If Josh doesn't want to deal with Anna, protecting children from "outside influences" is always considered a winning argument with these nutters (the hypocrisy! It burns!). 

I don't expect to see Anna making any moves to divorce FF as long as the money keeps rolling in the Duggar clan. But with some big money wasters (FF's defence fund and the weird theatre thing) and an ever growing list of dependent or semi-dependent spouses and grandchildren, I think the money's going to dry up eventually. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

If Josh doesn't want to deal with Anna, protecting children from "outside influences" is always considered a winning argument with these nutters (the hypocrisy! It burns!). 

I don't expect to see Anna making any moves to divorce FF as long as the money keeps rolling in the Duggar clan. But with some big money wasters (FF's defence fund and the weird theatre thing) and an ever growing list of dependent or semi-dependent spouses and grandchildren, I think the money's going to dry up eventually. 

If he really doesn't want to see her or talk to her, he doesn't even have to accept her calls or visit with her. It would be quite easy for him to dodge unwanted contact from the outside without making up excuses.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I can just see her demanding to be let in, rules be damned. "Do you know who I am?!" 

I think by now Anna has an idea of her fall from grace by association. JB and Pecan Thief didn’t even bother to walk with her after the sentencing. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

I think by now Anna has an idea of her fall from grace by association. JB and Pecan Thief didn’t even bother to walk with her after the sentencing. 

Honestly they all seemed in self preservation mode there.* I got the impression Jim Bob and Anna were both very pissed off about the results of the trial and also very uninterested in being photographed/filmed leaving. So, I don't really see them all scattering like rats fleeing a sinking ship as some great symbol of anyone's position or lack thereof in the family. 

I wouldn't be surprised if things are pretty tense and unpleasant in the family dynamic now, but I also think the family has a vested interest in not casting Anna off, even if it is just for the sake of appearance rather than any genuine sentiment. 

*Edited to add: it seemed to me that the family was also much more cagey and controlled in general when they were outside the courthouse after Justin's ill-advised thumbs-up moment.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Zella said:

He's probably hoping that with time she'll not be so willing to make the hours drive to see him regularly. Considering the books she's alleged to have sent him, I can imagine their conversations are driving him up the wall.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Aren't all of their assets in Anna's name?

In order to move, Anna would need to cash out family assets. She'd need to cash out more to pay for food, utilities, etc. for the next 10 years since she can't work because of Jesus.

I don't think JB will pony up for a house in TX while she has a place to live and food on the table since he's already provided her with a luxe spread at the warehouse and she's probably eating the same canned Aldi food that he feeds his own family.

I think the issue is that Anna feels unwelcome at the TTH, and she probably is. I don't think J'chelle or the older daughters particularly like her; I doubt that JB and the older sons even notice her; I wouldn't be surprised if she was just lonely and uncomfortable there.

I do think JB'd consider it if David Waller was going to pick up some of the slack in supporting her. She'd still be in the Gothard fold with an acceptable headship and it would probably remove a significant source of stress from his household.

• Like 5
  • Love 2