Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'm surprised JB didn't coerce the sisters into writing letters in support of Josh and claiming what he did to them was totally okay and should not be held against him.

Jb will do ANYTHING and use ANYONE to save Josh.   

This surprised me also. I’m really surprised Jessa didn’t write a letter w/her Megan Kelly/Fox News talking points. 

• Love 7

His smug-shot tells the truth of who he is. Under the smile he was taught to produce if there's a camera in the room, all I see is a dark husk that's been burned hollow by his horrifying compulsions and behaviors.

Josh Dead eyes.jpg

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'm surprised JB didn't coerce the sisters into writing letters in support of Josh and claiming what he did to them was totally okay and should not be held against him.

Jb will do ANYTHING and use ANYONE to save Josh.   

I'm not sure that JB is in a position to coerce any of the older sisters, except possibly Jana, into writing anything. 

With the exception of Jana, they no longer live in the house. At least three of them - Jinger, Jill and Joy - appear to be financially independent.  (I'm less sure about Jessa). With the show over, JB isn't paying them to be on TV.  

The most he can do is threaten to cut them off from their minor siblings. But to a certain extent that already seems to have happened with Jill and possibly Jinger, and, notably, JB either wasn't able or didn't try to stop Jason from showing up at today's sentencing supporting Joy, even though Jason apparently now lives in the treehouse sorta attached to the main house. 

• Love 13

I'm not sure that JB is in a position to coerce any of the older sisters, except possibly Jana, into writing anything. 

With the exception of Jana, they no longer live in the house. At least three of them - Jinger, Jill and Joy - appear to be financially independent.  (I'm less sure about Jessa). With the show over, JB isn't paying them to be on TV.  

Considering they are wearing pants and cutting their hair, I don't think Jim Bob has the same power he used to. Anna still appears totally brainwashed though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I've been gone all day. I was reading to catch up, and everybody stopped. What's happening with the hearing?

The judge has been ruling on all of the defense’s objections to the prosecutions recommendations in the pre-sentencing report. The judge has overruled the defense on most of them. I think there were a few more to rule on after the break.

• Love 3
Just now, Scout Finch said:

Snarkily looking forward to Josh's letter. "Your Honor, please do not deprive my family of the necessity for my crumb cleaning up skill."

Well, I thought it was reported that he helped clean up crumbs. He may need to be sent home to work on getting his skills up to the point of being able to clean up crumbs all by himself.

• LOL 23
(edited)

In case it was said that FF "helped by cleaning up crumbs," vs. "helped clean up crumbs," I apologize for minimizing his crumb-cleaning skilz. 

Of course, my dogs were the best. ever. at cleaning up any crumbs within their reach. (Now that I don't have a dog in the house, I have to sweep the kitchen floor surprisingly often!)

Maybe Anna should get a dog to take care of the crumbs.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG - I expected to come back to this and it would be done.

I'm kicking myself for clicking in here when I saw the thread was hot! I couldn't remember when the actual sentencing date was, because it seemed like it was always getting pushed back. Now I'm sitting here refreshing, like it's the trial all over again. 

• Love 5

According to the Sun - Josh Duggar will either go to Seagoville, Texas to serve his sentence, or to a prison in Texarkana, Arkansas, according to The Sun's court reporter at the sentencing.

12-13 years!!! Double digits!!!!! 

• Useful 5
  • Love 18

From The Sun

JUST NOW

Two prison options

Josh Duggar will either go to Seagoville, Texas to serve his sentence, or to a prison in Texarkana, Arkansas, according to The Sun's court reporter at the sentencing.

JUST NOW

No reaction from Josh Duggar

Josh Duggar had "no reaction" when the sentence was handed down, according to The Sun reporter at the hearing on Wednesday.

• Useful 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

Also from The Sun:

Judge recommends sex offender treatment

The judge will recommend sex offender treatment for Josh Duggar, but Josh doesn't have to do it.

Judge Brooks wants Josh to go to the prison in Seagoville because it has a good sex offender program, but that determination depends on bed space.

No reaction from Anna Duggar

Josh Duggar's wife, Anna Duggar, had no reaction when the sentence was determined, The Sun's court reporter noted.

His father, Jim Bob Duggar, also did not visibly react.

Edited by all fall down
  • Useful 12
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, all fall down said:

Also from The Sun:

Judge recommends sex offender treatment

The judge will recommend sex offender treatment for Josh Duggar, but Josh doesn't have to do it.

Judge Brooks wants Josh to go to the prison in Seagoville because it has a good sex offender program, but that determination depends on bed space.

I hope Texas just because it’s further. I know they have planes and stuff but I’d like to make it as difficult as possible. (Although the Arkansas one is probably as far as you could get from Duggarland and still be in AR.)

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Apologies if this has been asked and answereed and I missed it.

Will he actually be serving all 12.5 years? I'm hoping he doesn't have a chance to get out early.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 5
(edited)

I have some people who work in the prison in our area shop in my store. Fun fact the prisons have no AC and it gets hot and humid in Texas. 

Edited by crazycatlady58
Wanted to make sense
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13