Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I'm surprise by the name and that its not spelled differently. I hope she wasn't named after

Meredith Viera. But I do like the name. Its old but some old names are really good. I'm

so glad she wasn't named after Michelle. Or they didn't use it or her mom's name

for a middle name.

• Love 2

I just scrolled through a ton of the comments on the People article. "Vicious" is right - looks like opinion is running 95% negative, with a lot of comments slamming People for continuing to publish Duggar stories, asking when People's going to cover birth announcements for offspring of other sex abusers, etc. I'm fine with that.

I'm glad the child was born healthy and her mom is OK. I'm kind of sickened that People paid money to the Duggars for, and published, that story.

I hope People (and TLC) have people that review comment sections and are realizing that the Duggars are no longer a way to make money and start distancing themselves. It is kind of disconcerting to be celebrating the birth of a daughter to somebody who molested a 5 year old and the woman who claims have no issue with that fact.

And it is my understanding that if you post an image to a social media account that can be accessed by the public, media can reprint that image and relay other details from the post without paying you for it. Your terms anKd conditions give Facebook, Twitter and Instagram the right to "sell" your image. The "payment" is publicity. I could be wrong, but that's how I have understood it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, the People article had no new information. We STILL don't know when Mere was born, and given the pics I've now seen with Auntie Josie, as well as a pic Jessa posed with her wrapped up like a little burrito, I'm seeing stuff that could have been taken over the past couple of days (just born pics to burrito to onesie with a bow). It could also explain why Josh felt okay to go off to a baseball game; I really don't think he'd do that in the first 24 hours, but after a couple of days? Sure! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

The birth announcement video was the usual creepy.  Michael looked horrified as Boob awkwardly held him.  Even without the TV show, it is clear these attention whores have no intention on going away.

I actually like the name Meredith Grace.  

• Love 4

I bet the Duggars filmed it themselves.  They consider themselves film experts of course and they want the footage for a future show.

TLC camera's could be there too, or their drank the kool-aid crew might of gone rogue. Stupid is as stupid does.

• Love 4

I always think of Meredith Baxter (ex-Birney.) Hahahahahaha.

I wonder if someday Anna will go all Betty Broderick on Josh? That's after he becomes an attorney of course.

• Love 3

Aaaand less than 24 hours after the birth of his daughter, Josh is off gallivanting about at a baseball game with the Sam's guy, various Duggars, and Sierra. 

https://instagram.com/p/5V25y5RhCp/?taken-by=joe_donaldson_1

Shit who does that?  I mean suppose one of them needs help with something.  It's incomprehensible to me, not to mention you would think he would absolutely WANT to spend every precious minute with his wife who just delivered and their newborn.  

• Love 2
(edited)

It did cross my mind to wonder if there wasn't some kind of promotional angle from the prominence of the logos in that picture and the corporate callouts. WalMart has historically been very supportive of the Duggars, and really, if they wanted to sponsor a program to ensure that there were always uneducated desperate people who couldn't afford to lose their WalMart jobs, they could hardly do better.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 4

We now live in an economic world where there will always be more people to work the Wal-Mart jobs than there are jobs, especially as robotics and warehousing become more sophisticated. Jobs at Wal-Marts everywhere have been slashed from highs a decade or two ago, while our uneducated (but not necessarily untrainable or unintelligent) workforce grows every year.

• Love 8
(edited)

We now live in an economic world where there will always be more people to work the Wal-Mart jobs than there are jobs, especially as robotics and warehousing become more sophisticated. Jobs at Wal-Marts everywhere have been slashed from highs a decade or two ago, while our uneducated (but not necessarily untrainable or unintelligent) workforce grows every year.

Very true. Every year the catalog company I worked at would hire at least five hundred

for the Christmas rush at the end they would usually only be able to keep on five or ten

at most. There were a lot of really good workers but once the season's over there's

not a need and its amazing how many would be back next year for hoping to get hired

this time around. We also got a lot of people in their forties and fifties a lot of companies

just aren't hiring them. There were some educated ones too but their company went

under, they got laid off or in a couple cases got sick or injured by the time they were well

again they were unable to find work. Reality really does suck at times.

Also to clary the end part of my last post, I meant I'm surprised they didn't use Michelle

or Anna's mom's name for the baby's middle name.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4
(edited)

We now live in an economic world where there will always be more people to work the Wal-Mart jobs than there are jobs

Which is weird, because Walmart, McDonalds and the like around here are CONSTANTLY looking for people to work.  Both pay above minimum wage.

Edited by Skittl1321

Some parts of the country are hard to find workers - especially at the wages being paid. (That was true in the DC area, for instance.) But the other issue is often scheduling - even people who desperately need the work need reliable schedules, and minimum wage jobs are notorious for not being able to set schedules until last minute, making it hard to know what hours you will be working, how many hours, and what shifts. For people who have dependents or are going to school or another job, this becomes a major problem quickly.

One of the reasons I can't completely slam companies like Hobby Lobby and Chik Fil-a is that they are better about these issues than most employers. Their scheduling is, from what I understand, actually done with employees in mind, and that's no small thing.

• Love 3

I am willing to give Josh the benefit of the doubt over the baseball game thing depending on circumstances that we might not be aware of. Like if they bought the tickets in advance and Anna figured, I went early with the other 3 so I probably will this time too (TOTALLY normal) and by then I'll be fine especially since he's taking the older two or something like that. Then baby comes late, but let's say also that her parents are in Arkansas since baby was just born, and she's got them there, I would tell my husband who is generally a kind and caring guy, go ahead and go to the game, I've got people. Heck, she might even be fine with it being JB&M (ok, probably more likely it's Jana and Joy Anna), I mean I wouldn't choose JB&M but she might actually like them.

We all handle labor & delivery & recovery different, I don't think it's necessarily Josh being a jerk for him to be going, or him abandoning Anna. Although I might not have posted it all over social media because it does make him look like he could be an insensitive lout.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm the type of person where if I'm recovering from illness or surgery I just want to be left alone to have some peace and quiet. I've never given birth, but I can imagine someone who just went through an unmedicated delivery might feel the same way. I'll give Josh a pass on this one.

FWIW, my friend actually sent her husband out to go eat while she was in labor because he was getting restless and annoying the crap out of her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

I agree that her parents could be there and just not being shown, or maybe she had the baby a couple of days earlier and was fine possibly being home with just her and Meredith with Josh taking two and Jim Bob and Michelle taking Marcus.  Hopefully Anna had a much easier delivery than the last two and was already back on her feet to a large extent.  This could possibly have been her most peaceful labor and delivery.  For her sake, I hope that it was.

• Love 1
(edited)

Some families like to spend all of those early days together and others are more flexible about it. I was the flexible type. I knew (in my opinion) we had lots of time. I actually gave birth and met a bunch of commitments I had planned because my second came so early and I couldn't rearrange my schedule.

I don't judge.

Edited by GEML
  • Love 2
(edited)
remembered watching an episode when they were pregnant for the first time and went to the Today Show when Meredith Veira was still there, and they mentioned something along the lines of liking that name. So ever since they mentioned that, I had this sneaking suspicion that this baby would be named Meredith, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be!!

That interview was the first thing I thought of, too, when I saw the name. Well, right after I thought, "THANK YOU for not naming that child Michelle."  The thought of them naming some innocent child after an over tanned and medicated, vacant, unemotional, kewpie doll voiced incubator was enough to send me over the edge. 

I mean it's bad enough that Chester the Molester is her father. Don't name her after MEE-chelle on top of it all. 

Cute name, Anna. Congrats to YOU. 

I'm looking at YOU, Michelle, Xanax Stare Queen, have NO excuse. You do NOTHING at home, courtesy of the J-SLaves, now reduced by two since their marriages, but lounge about, nursing your Starbucks Fuckachinno and doing perhaps a mile on your treadmill in your funky long skirt, tights, "dress" blouse (it's always the effing mint green one !) and biding your time until you hit the road again in the Stinky Bus to go tell other people how they are wrong, corrupt, sinners, and are all going to hell. So nice of you to remind us, you zonked-out, buggy-eyed, non-mother, "Mother of the Year". If I rolled my eyes any more I'd have a brain hemorrhage.

Or THIS. Can we have this bronzed?  Hanging on a plaque somewhere?  A steaming Pyrex baking dish full of TTC right under it, as a tribute to its greatness (with a Fuckachino on the side).

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 4

Or THIS. Can we have this bronzed?  Hanging on a plaque somewhere?  A steaming Pyrex baking dish full of TTC right under it, as a tribute to its greatness (with a Fuckachino on the side).

I know it's going to be all I can do to not ask for a Fuckachino the next time I go to Starbucks. ;-)

Josh didn't give a shit that his wife just passed something the size of a watermelon through something the size of a lemon. I seem to remember he had to go "take a nap" during M1's delivery because he was just sooooooo tired. And I appreciate those attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seriously -- he's over it. I'll bet he had Anna up off that couch the second the photo op was over. He needed some breakfast/lunch/dinner/Fourthmeal.

It's a good thing he's so narcissistic and tone-deaf. He wouldn't want to be mistaken for anyone who actually GAF, would he?

• Love 5

And I appreciate those attempting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seriously -- he's over it.

I don't disagree on that one. Josh looked like he was having to put some serious effort into looking excited for the pictures. If you notice, he's smiling but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. M#4 was clearly Anna's thing, not Josh's.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, it could mean Josh has a lot of things weighing very heavily on him, the least of which, I think, is M4.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5

Yep, as someone 'precious and special' (appropriate in this instance). I wish JB had just welcomed baby M and not pulled out the abacus to tally his score.  

Boob will never get over the numbers thing. Each new child, now grandchild, is another punch on his "get-his-righteous-tuckus-into-Heaven" card.

• Love 10

Boob will never get over the numbers thing. Each new child, now grandchild, is another punch on his "get-his-righteous-tuckus-into-Heaven" card.

I agree and for his sake, I hope he's well invested. His kids have no education, skills or incentive to work. Derick couldn't make it a year at Wal-Mart before he decided to live off love offerings in Central America, Bin is doing nothing with his Associate's and Josh was never qualified for his FRC gig in the first place. Ole Boob is going to be supporting grown adults for decades to come.

• Love 11
(edited)

It did cross my mind to wonder if there wasn't some kind of promotional angle from the prominence of the logos in that picture and the corporate callouts. WalMart has historically been very supportive of the Duggars, and really, if they wanted to sponsor a program to ensure that there were always uneducated desperate people who couldn't afford to lose their WalMart jobs, they could hardly do better.

Are you implying that the Sam's Furniture in the photo is affiliated with WalMart? I don't think it is related at all.

Oh, and my sweet grandpa's name was Meredith. I think Meredith Grace is a fine name for a baby girl.

Edited by Lukeysboat
(edited)
And the comments on People.com are absolutely viscous.

Obviously "viscous" is a typo (As I make many) for Viscious.  Buuuut "Viscous" means snotty and slimy, so there you go.

I just wish to state that I went to college with a transgender woman named "Meredith."  I wish for all Duggars to know this.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Yes, but plenty of us are mothers who don't mind telling our husbands to take naps, or go take the kids, or go to a game. There is no one size fits all. I probably would have been at the game! ;)

• Love 4
(edited)

He got plugs, didn't he? Or is that a rug?

It's a hair replacement system! Edit: Or his hair's just running away from his face. Whatever.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1
(edited)
Yes, but plenty of us are mothers who don't mind telling our husbands to take naps, or go take the kids, or go to a game. There is no one size fits all. I probably would have been at the game! ;)

I am this sort.  Michael seems like a handful, and probably requires more attention than baby Marcus.  I'm sure a few hours of sleeping and quiet time with the baby was probably a small respite for Anna, as she wouldn't have to be minding the other 3 children.  Of course, if Smuggar left the other 3 kids with Anna, then that's a different story. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

With my third, I was home alone the day after I came home from the hospital (older two in school and husband at work).  I joked it was like being a first time mom, but actually having a clue about what to do.  :)  This is Anna's fourth.  She probably needs the three older ones busy more than she needs Josh hovering around being worthless.  And, her mom could be there by now, so all more the reason for Joshy Boy to make himself scarce.  :D

• Love 2

Well then I have to say I envy that.  I guess I'm just a worrier - the baby being less than a few days old, is the baby alright, am I repairing OK down there?  Sure after a few days, a week whatever hey go to the game but for me personally I'd be making sure everything was OK with the baby and all went well.  That's just me and I envy someone who can be more relaxed and self assured.  

I actually have a lot of health issues, but labor and delivery and the aftermath I do well. Anna might be like that. I know we knock both Josh and David Waller for parading Anna and Priscilla out after giving birth, but they might also just be fortunate genetically. Anna looked her worst about a month after Mac was born, and I totally get that. I remember the first month of first baby! But she seems to get a boost from the births themselves and for a period after, and after four, I figure she knows what she needs.

• Love 1
(edited)

My ex husband left me in labor to go to a Queensryche concert. With my second baby, he left to go on vacation with his mistress. I would have settled for a nap

My current husband was sent to Jack in the Box to get me  some food, like 5 minutes after delivery.  I'm not really a worrier. I wouldn't be bothered if hubby took a nap during my labor.  

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8

Maybe it's Josh that's confounding me. I just can't imagine him wanting to be anywhere else but with the baby he's waited 9 months for and the wife that just went through all of that.  Sure if he still had a job and had to be at work that's a given, but a baseball game.  It must just be me.  Everybody's different.  Maybe Anna was just happy she didn't have to cook him dinner that night anyway.

• Love 3
Maybe it's Josh that's confounding me. I just can't imagine him wanting to be anywhere else but with the baby he's waited 9 months for and the wife that just went through all of that.  Sure if he still had a job and had to be at work that's a given, but a baseball game.  It must just be me.  Everybody's different.  Maybe Anna was just happy she didn't have to cook him dinner that night anyway.

Maybe it was just the love of the game that drew him away.  We all know how athletic he is.

• Love 13
(edited)

Maybe it's Josh that's confounding me. I just can't imagine him wanting to be anywhere else but with the baby he's waited 9 months for and the wife that just went through all of that.  Sure if he still had a job and had to be at work that's a given, but a baseball game.  It must just be me.  Everybody's different.  Maybe Anna was just happy she didn't have to cook him dinner that night anyway.

It  would not surprise me one bit if someone else watched the baby, so Anna could get some sleep, while Josh went to a game.

Now don't make me have to defend Josh again. Bad enough I've had to defend John McCain for the last few days.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 13

Why are we praising Anna for having a baby? People do it everyday. We should be questioning why Anna isn’t smart enough to protect her four young children from a man who has forcibly touched girls before. Wake up, Anna! Whether your brain is smart enough to believe it, or not, your husband is a pedophile, and was not properly treated for it. He could strike on one of your blessings. Do you care more about living the sheltered lifestyle, and keeping sweet, or protecting your children? What example are you setting for Mack and Meredith? Touching is okay, God will forgive you.  That’s infuriating. Anna needs to open her eyes. Hope she does it soon.  Also, Anna is programmed to have as many babies as possible.  I don’t think Josh admitting to forcibly touching girls will change how she thinks about that. Which is sad.

• Love 14

So they have Mack, Mike, Marc, and Mer now.  Not one of the names I guessed.  And how popular is Grace as a girl's name?!  Like Jordyn Grace.

Good he went to a ballgame.  As long as he took his sons so Anna could get a break from taking care of those kids (and I include Josh) then so be it.  Sierra the opportunist is there.  When is her next one due?

• Love 2

I hope Anna had some baby backup while Josh had a night out.  Jinger, Jana, and Joy Anna were also at the game with Jana taking care of Marcus.  Either Michelle was helping (HA) or, fingers crossed, she has some out of town help. I was going to write that he needs to take care of his own kids and not pawn them off on others, but really he should always be watched around all children. 

• Love 3

My hubby returned to work the day after my deliveries. My extended family also had full time jobs, so it was just me and my babies, it was just the way it was.

Maybe Josh had tickets and brought the 3 older kids to give Anna a break (or maybe the game wasn't recent). but I'm not sure if I was him I would want to display any questionable actions to the public to be speculated about.

• Love 1

Why are we praising Anna for having a baby? People do it everyday. We should be questioning why Anna isn’t smart enough to protect her four young children from a man who has forcibly touched girls before. Wake up, Anna! Whether your brain is smart enough to believe it, or not, your husband is a pedophile, and was not properly treated for it. He could strike on one of your blessings. Do you care more about living the sheltered lifestyle, and keeping sweet, or protecting your children? What example are you setting for Mack and Meredith? Touching is okay, God will forgive you. That’s infuriating. Anna needs to open her eyes. Hope she does it soon. Also, Anna is programmed to have as many babies as possible. I don’t think Josh admitting to forcibly touching girls will change how she thinks about that. Which is sad.

I don't think Josh is paedophile, I don't think 'forcibly' is accurate, and childbirth is painful and tiring.
  • Love 4

Why are we praising Anna for having a baby? People do it everyday. We should be questioning why Anna isn’t smart enough to protect her four young children from a man who has forcibly touched girls before. Wake up, Anna! Whether your brain is smart enough to believe it, or not, your husband is a pedophile, and was not properly treated for it. He could strike on one of your blessings. Do you care more about living the sheltered lifestyle, and keeping sweet, or protecting your children? What example are you setting for Mack and Meredith? Touching is okay, God will forgive you.  That’s infuriating. Anna needs to open her eyes. Hope she does it soon.  Also, Anna is programmed to have as many babies as possible.  I don’t think Josh admitting to forcibly touching girls will change how she thinks about that. Which is sad.

Thanks for reminding me of the important issues.  I was getting sidetracked with the stupid ball game decision. 

Sierra the opportunist is there.  When is her next one due?

First thing I noticed was Sierra. Man, she's a serious leg jumper, isn't she??? Aaaaand here's SIERRA!!! Totally the mostest devotedest fan like, EVER!!!

• Love 2